Rushing the Court

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Dkdavis
Posts: 159
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Rushing the Court

Post by Dkdavis » December 5th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Saw random video of people storming a court and it got me thinking. Could this be why the Mountain West scheduled Nevada, Fresno, and San Diego as early as they could on our home schedule? Schedule them early to reduce the likely hood of a storm the court situation. Maybe its just a conspiracy theory ha, but the last potentially decent team we play is Bosie and that's in February.



FromLItoLogan
Posts: 113
Joined: March 3rd, 2014, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan, Utah
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by FromLItoLogan » December 5th, 2019, 3:14 pm

I think the MWC conference was very poor in their conference scheduling this year for USU at least.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1740
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 480 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by Aggie84025 » December 5th, 2019, 3:40 pm

If they wanted some premier games the would have scheduled the SDSU/Nevada games at USU to later in the season. None of it matters now so let's just go and take care of business against them.



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 6:21 pm

Would your fans actually storm the court against Nevada this year? The Pack is playing really well right now but they have been picked to be in the middle of the standings in the MW this season.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2311
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 5th, 2019, 6:28 pm

nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 6:21 pm
Would your fans actually storm the court against Nevada this year? The Pack is playing really well right now but they have been picked to be in the middle of the standings in the MW this season.
If we played Nevada late in the year it rises the chances for a court storm. You always storm when you win the regular season title. New Nevada coaching staff, but after last year I see why they wanted Nevada to come to USU earlier.



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 7:18 pm

I think they make the schedule based upon some algorithm. In the case of USU/NV the first game last year was played early in the conference season and the second game late. If you were playing the Pack a second time this year it would have come late in Reno. I don't think who the coach might be in a given year plays any role. I don't think it depends on which team the computer believes will be a contender or not.

At any rate I can't see any reason why USU would storm the court against any conference mate this year since you are overwhelming favorites..You are supposed to win all your home games. I believe the last time Nevada fans stormed the court was when they won the CBI but it does happen everywhere from time to time.

The fans storming the court in Logan last season didn't cause the incidents that happened in the halls by the locker rooms. It was jawing back and forth by coaches and players. Your fans were well behaved.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 2):
Dkdavisscotlandog



Dkdavis
Posts: 159
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by Dkdavis » December 5th, 2019, 7:27 pm

nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 7:18 pm
I think they make the schedule based upon some algorithm. In the case of USU/NV the first game last year was played early in the conference season and the second game late. If you were playing the Pack a second time this year it would have come late in Reno. I don't think who the coach might be in a given year plays any role. I don't think it depends on which team the computer believes will be a contender or not.

At any rate I can't see any reason why USU would storm the court against any conference mate this year since you are overwhelming favorites..You are supposed to win all your home games. I believe the last time Nevada fans stormed the court was when they won the CBI but it does happen everywhere from time to time.

The fans storming the court in Logan last season didn't cause the incidents that happened in the halls by the locker rooms. It was jawing back and forth by coaches and players. Your fans were well behaved.
I would think that if we played San Diego late in the season and it was a close game we would storm the court. Looking at us last year you never know when a team is gonna be on a killer run building to a potential conference championship which coupled with a close game could result in a court storming. Makes sense though that it would be based off an algorithm.



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 7:31 pm

I personally think SDSU is better this year than you guys, even with Queta, so a court storm is certainly possible in Logan.



User avatar
BioAggie
Posts: 322
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by BioAggie » December 5th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Doesn’t matter who the opponent is, if the games seals the conference title, the court will be stormed.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by TheAKAggie » December 5th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Beat top 10 team when you have bit been ranked that year.

Beat rival breaking slump of +5 years

Buzzer beater over top 20 team and you have not been ranked.

First conference championship in +10 years.

Those are the reasons to storm the court.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
scotlandog


Hail Aggies!

nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 8:39 pm

I have no problem with rushing the court for any reason..I don't hold that in disdain..It is a bunch kids having a good time as far as I am concerned. I just wondered if you thought your school would rush the court if you beat Nevada in Logan this year since the Pack is held in rather low regard by the prognosticators. I would suspect you wouldn't but who knows.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14937
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by treesap32 » December 5th, 2019, 8:50 pm

nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 7:18 pm
The fans storming the court in Logan last season didn't cause the incidents that happened in the halls by the locker rooms. It was jawing back and forth by coaches and players. Your fans were well behaved.
But Mrs. Musselman blamed the whole ordeal on racist slurs that were being chanted the entire game by the whole student section in unison. :headscratch:
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 2):
USU78sneed



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 9:05 pm

There was no unison racial chanting going on...But there were racial things said just as they are in every arena in America. fan is the root word for fanatic after all. It was just a few jerks. But Mrs. Muss has experienced racism in her life and didn't make the statement lightly. Things were said.

However, your crowd was your typical and proudly obnoxious self but no worse than you see elsewhere. The organized chanting is fun and gets everybody going but most of the Nevada players had been there before. The reason you won is because your guys were better. No excuses.

The one thing that Nevada did complain about was you had folks leaning over the rail trying to touch Nevada players which is a legit concern. The incident outside the locker rooms was certainly addressed by the league but they discussed the touching players part to. However, while not correct behavior is was no more egregious than you see in most arenas.

Your fans are pretty normal as a rule.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7405
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1293 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by USU78 » December 5th, 2019, 9:15 pm

treesap32 wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 8:50 pm
nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 7:18 pm
The fans storming the court in Logan last season didn't cause the incidents that happened in the halls by the locker rooms. It was jawing back and forth by coaches and players. Your fans were well behaved.
But Mrs. Musselman blamed the whole ordeal on racist slurs that were being chanted the entire game by the whole student section in unison. :headscratch:
Liars gotta lie.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6001
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by 2004AG » December 5th, 2019, 9:17 pm

nvspuds wrote:There was no unison racial chanting going on...But there were racial things said just as they are in every arena in America. fan is the root word for fanatic after all. It was just a few jerks. But Mrs. Muss has experienced racism in her life and didn't make the statement lightly. Things were said.

However, your crowd was your typical and proudly obnoxious self but no worse than you see elsewhere. The organized chanting is fun and gets everybody going but most of the Nevada players had been there before. The reason you won is because your guys were better. No excuses.

The one thing that Nevada did complain about was you had folks leaning over the rail trying to touch Nevada players which is a legit concern. The incident outside the locker rooms was certainly addressed by the league but they discussed the touching players part to. However, while not correct behavior is was no more egregious than you see in most arenas.

Your fans are pretty normal as a rule.
Give me an effing break.

Since you seem to know everything, what was said ? How would you have any idea what was said ? Were you in the student section that night ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
USU78



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 9:29 pm

One I have from a person from Reno who was there was that the were a lot of things said to Jordan Caroline about how he didn't know who is son's daddy was and that every brother in Reno was nailing his girlfriend because she was just a ho..Racial? I certainly think so. Appropriate? I don't think so. I have heard there was other stuff too.

But..I am not accusing your fans of being racists or out of line. There are always jerks in every crowd in every arena is the world. 99.99 percent of your fans there are just fine. Enthusiastic, but well behaved. I know you folks live by the feud and believe the world is against you but that isn't the case. I don't have anything against you at all. In fact I have been chatting on here for years. If you want to believe that Danyelle made it all up and there couldn't possibly any truth to it, that is fine. I was quite friendly with her when she lived in town. We used to chat at the grocery store and the like. She is a very nice person and not a (I can't express myself without swearing) stirrer. She heard stuff that bothered her and she mentioned it. You guys call her a liar, I can't stop you. I was just sticking up for her because not everything is cut and dried.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 991
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1092 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 5th, 2019, 9:34 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:17 pm
nvspuds wrote:There was no unison racial chanting going on...But there were racial things said just as they are in every arena in America. fan is the root word for fanatic after all. It was just a few jerks. But Mrs. Muss has experienced racism in her life and didn't make the statement lightly. Things were said.

However, your crowd was your typical and proudly obnoxious self but no worse than you see elsewhere. The organized chanting is fun and gets everybody going but most of the Nevada players had been there before. The reason you won is because your guys were better. No excuses.

The one thing that Nevada did complain about was you had folks leaning over the rail trying to touch Nevada players which is a legit concern. The incident outside the locker rooms was certainly addressed by the league but they discussed the touching players part to. However, while not correct behavior is was no more egregious than you see in most arenas.

Your fans are pretty normal as a rule.
Give me an effing break.

Since you seem to know everything, what was said ? How would you have any idea what was said ? Were you in the student section that night ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think arguing will get this anywhere. Plus, nvspuds is incredibly reasonable, so I don't see a need to attack the man. He's absolutely correct that we are loud and "proudly obnoxious", which is one of the nicer ways to explain our crowd. Could there have been a rogue comment made? Absolutely. That's not uncommon, and the Hurd typically calls people out for it and controls the crowd when things cross a line. I've seen it personally, as I'm sure many of you have. I don't think that's how it went down, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

In response to SDSU being better than us, I absolutely agree right now. They are looking excellent. I don't know that I agree that they're better if Queta is back and healthy... time (and games) will tell.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14937
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by treesap32 » December 5th, 2019, 9:37 pm

nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:29 pm
One I have from a person from Reno who was there was that the were a lot of things said to Jordan Caroline about how he didn't know who is son's daddy was and that every brother in Reno was nailing his girlfriend because she was just a ho..Racial? I certainly think so. Appropriate? I don't think so. I have heard there was other stuff too.

But..I am not accusing your fans of being racists or out of line. There are always jerks in every crowd in every arena is the world. 99.99 percent of your fans there are just fine. Enthusiastic, but well behaved. I know you folks live by the feud and believe the world is against you but that isn't the case. I don't have anything against you at all. In fact I have been chatting on here for years. If you want to believe that Danyelle made it all up and there couldn't possibly any truth to it, that is fine. I was quite friendly with her when she lived in town. We used to chat at the grocery store and the like. She is a very nice person and not a s*** stirrer. She heard stuff that bothered her and she mentioned it. You guys call her a liar, I can't stop you. I was just sticking up for her because not everything is cut and dried.
Never heard anything like that and I have no idea why any of our fans would even dream up saying that to Jordan. How would your person from Reno know that this was said?

Danyelle made it up and after she was called out about it she backed off and then deleted all the tweets referencing it at all.

It was completely fabricated.

Like you said, the fans had nothing to do with the fire extinguisher punching incident after the game. It was the coaches and players that were to blame. On both sides.



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 9:39 pm

I would not say that SDSU is markedly better. I think they are a bit deeper and provide some match up issues but so do your guys. The thing that I believe is different for SDSU is these are almost all Dutcher guys and they have more buy in. They always have a lot of talent there, much like New Mexico but they weren't always tugging on the same rope. You clearly have the 2 best teams in the league to this point, though



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 9:40 pm

treesap32 wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:37 pm
nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:29 pm
One I have from a person from Reno who was there was that the were a lot of things said to Jordan Caroline about how he didn't know who is son's daddy was and that every brother in Reno was nailing his girlfriend because she was just a ho..Racial? I certainly think so. Appropriate? I don't think so. I have heard there was other stuff too.

But..I am not accusing your fans of being racists or out of line. There are always jerks in every crowd in every arena is the world. 99.99 percent of your fans there are just fine. Enthusiastic, but well behaved. I know you folks live by the feud and believe the world is against you but that isn't the case. I don't have anything against you at all. In fact I have been chatting on here for years. If you want to believe that Danyelle made it all up and there couldn't possibly any truth to it, that is fine. I was quite friendly with her when she lived in town. We used to chat at the grocery store and the like. She is a very nice person and not a s*** stirrer. She heard stuff that bothered her and she mentioned it. You guys call her a liar, I can't stop you. I was just sticking up for her because not everything is cut and dried.
Never heard anything like that and I have no idea why any of our fans would even dream up saying that to Jordan. How would your person from Reno know that this was said?

Danyelle made it up and after she was called out about it she backed off and then deleted all the tweets referencing it at all.

It was completely fabricated.

Like you said, the fans had nothing to do with the fire extinguisher punching incident after the game. It was the coaches and players that were to blame. On both sides.
Fair enough..That is your position and I am not trying to change your mind.



Chupamedia
Posts: 1248
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by Chupamedia » December 5th, 2019, 9:40 pm

I don’t think it matters to USU fans where they or Nevada is ranked preseason. If Nevada is as good as they look they will likely be ranked and if we were to play them the last game I could see that being for the championship - in that scenario I’m sure the court would be rushed



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by TheAKAggie » December 5th, 2019, 9:41 pm

nvspuds wrote: said to Jordan Caroline about how he didn't know who is son's daddy was and that every brother in Reno was nailing his girlfriend because she was just a ho..Racial?.
While racial in nature it’s not necessarily a racial slur, which was implied.

Also quite a mouthful to say and/or hear in a arena that was very loud all night.

Student section does chant “whose your daddy”, but can’t remember if they did that game or not.

And according to some members on here I hate all white and all old people!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7405
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1293 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by USU78 » December 5th, 2019, 9:43 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:41 pm
nvspuds wrote: said to Jordan Caroline about how he didn't know who is son's daddy was and that every brother in Reno was nailing his girlfriend because she was just a ho..Racial?.
While racial in nature it’s not necessarily a racial slur, which was implied.

Also quite a mouthful to say and/or hear in a arena that was very loud all night.

Student section does chant “whose your daddy”, but can’t remember if they did that game or not.

And according to some members on here I hate all white and all old people!
***Post removed***

***Let's keep it civil. If you want to call names take it offline.***

-The Management

Then, civilly, let's remove the childish, incessant race-baiting WHOEVER engages in it instead of giving childish smart@sses a pass because ... Kidding!
Last edited by USU78 on December 5th, 2019, 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Like I said, I have no problem with court rushing. You will have a chance to rush the court against Nevada is a few weeks but that is likely the only time they will play each other this year.



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 9:46 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:41 pm
nvspuds wrote: said to Jordan Caroline about how he didn't know who is son's daddy was and that every brother in Reno was nailing his girlfriend because she was just a ho..Racial?.
While racial in nature it’s not necessarily a racial slur, which was implied.

Also quite a mouthful to say and/or hear in a arena that was very loud all night.

Student section does chant “whose your daddy”, but can’t remember if they did that game or not.

And according to some members on here I hate all white and all old people!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know that it came from the student section. My friend was sitting near the Nevada bench. But folks here think it didn't happen and she is a liar so let's just let it go at that. I shouldn't have engaged. That just got my dander up a bit..Normally, I am a very sweet old man.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14937
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by treesap32 » December 5th, 2019, 9:47 pm


TheAKAggie wrote:

And according to some members on here I hate all white and all old people!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luckily I'm neither.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
TheAKAggie



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by scotlandog » December 5th, 2019, 9:58 pm

We are not playing really well right now. Montana St. showed that. St Mary’s showed that. North Texas showed that. LSU in the first half showed that. We are not clicking on offense or defense right now. If we played SDSU right now, I think we lose. Porter is maybe dinged up but he’s not playing well. Miller is in a shooting slump seems like this whole year so far. Kuba is hurt. Merrill is dinged up. Anderson for some reason isn’t playing aggressive or well. Bean is the main bright spot right now.

I’m just hoping this playing time for Dorius will help him progress and I’m hoping we see more and more of Bairstow. I’m hoping when Queta comes back we will get back to our game and our defense will start to dominate again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Like I said, the gap isn't large..I think SDSU has had great athletes the last few years but didn't shoot particularly well. I do think that has been the key for them so far. They still play tough D



Cuchelain
Posts: 269
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 8:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by Cuchelain » December 5th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Rushing the court is fun and I would encourage doing it after every game, no matter who we play.



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 10:09 pm

I would rush the court but I could break a hip..



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6001
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by 2004AG » December 5th, 2019, 10:19 pm

nvspuds wrote:One I have from a person from Reno who was there was that the were a lot of things said to Jordan Caroline about how he didn't know who is son's daddy was and that every brother in Reno was nailing his girlfriend because she was just a ho..Racial? I certainly think so. Appropriate? I don't think so. I have heard there was other stuff too.

But..I am not accusing your fans of being racists or out of line. There are always jerks in every crowd in every arena is the world. 99.99 percent of your fans there are just fine. Enthusiastic, but well behaved. I know you folks live by the feud and believe the world is against you but that isn't the case. I don't have anything against you at all. In fact I have been chatting on here for years. If you want to believe that Danyelle made it all up and there couldn't possibly any truth to it, that is fine. I was quite friendly with her when she lived in town. We used to chat at the grocery store and the like. She is a very nice person and not a s*** stirrer. She heard stuff that bothered her and she mentioned it. You guys call her a liar, I can't stop you. I was just sticking up for her because not everything is cut and dried.
Your friend is full of (I can't express myself without swearing). 10,270 people are screaming their guts out and from across the court your buddy hears it clear as day huh?

And ya, that’s not really a racial slur anyways. White people sometimes don’t know their dads either.

What happened was Caroline was a jerk, Nevada’s coaches mouthed off so Danyell makes it up so everybody in Nevada could be absolved.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



nvspuds
Posts: 778
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by nvspuds » December 5th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Whatever you say..

Everybody is entitled to think what they want..



aggiegrey
Posts: 4
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 11:15 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by aggiegrey » December 5th, 2019, 11:58 pm

I was sitting 2 rows away from the Nevada Team, a few Nevada fans and the student section. The Nevada fans were nice enough, let’s just say they didn’t take to kindly to how much the students got on them..but they also deserved it because they wanted to be super obnoxious if Nevada had gone up big! I will say I never heard any of the accusations that are being thrown out there about what was said to Caroline but then again I was to excited and screaming my head off the whole game to even think about that!! The one person who should be offended after that game was the Nevada Graduate Assistant who took an absolute beating from the student section the entire game and ended up calling the students F****** Pus*** and wanted to fight them!! 😂🤣



Dkdavis
Posts: 159
Joined: January 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by Dkdavis » December 6th, 2019, 7:02 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:34 pm
2004AG wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:17 pm
nvspuds wrote:There was no unison racial chanting going on...But there were racial things said just as they are in every arena in America. fan is the root word for fanatic after all. It was just a few jerks. But Mrs. Muss has experienced racism in her life and didn't make the statement lightly. Things were said.

However, your crowd was your typical and proudly obnoxious self but no worse than you see elsewhere. The organized chanting is fun and gets everybody going but most of the Nevada players had been there before. The reason you won is because your guys were better. No excuses.

The one thing that Nevada did complain about was you had folks leaning over the rail trying to touch Nevada players which is a legit concern. The incident outside the locker rooms was certainly addressed by the league but they discussed the touching players part to. However, while not correct behavior is was no more egregious than you see in most arenas.

Your fans are pretty normal as a rule.
Give me an effing break.

Since you seem to know everything, what was said ? How would you have any idea what was said ? Were you in the student section that night ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think arguing will get this anywhere. Plus, nvspuds is incredibly reasonable, so I don't see a need to attack the man. He's absolutely correct that we are loud and "proudly obnoxious", which is one of the nicer ways to explain our crowd. Could there have been a rogue comment made? Absolutely. That's not uncommon, and the Hurd typically calls people out for it and controls the crowd when things cross a line. I've seen it personally, as I'm sure many of you have. I don't think that's how it went down, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

In response to SDSU being better than us, I absolutely agree right now. They are looking excellent. I don't know that I agree that they're better if Queta is back and healthy... time (and games) will tell.
I agree with this. I’m sure there was stuff said that was inappropriate. Happens every game Everywhere just like Nv said. Now, should musselsmans wife taken it to twitter and exaggerate it no. That’s probably why she removed the post. In my opinion her post was the reason my parents were told a couple of times that people from USU were racist. Also, the students were never trying to touch Nevada players. One slid back close to them after a play. A student was pointing at him yelling stuff. (Nothing vulgar) and another Nevada player swatted at his hand.

It really doesn’t matter anymore and definitely not worth arguing over, but I still wanted to put my 2 cents out there.

Edit- my parents were told at the MWC tournament in Vegas by Nevada fans.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14937
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 513 times
Contact:

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by treesap32 » December 6th, 2019, 8:32 am

nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:05 pm
There was no unison racial chanting going on...
Pulled up the original tweet. That's exactly what Mrs. Musselman said was going on.

Image

It was a flat out lie and irresponsible of her to do it. There is a lot of racism still in this country, it's a huge problem, but no one at that game was chanting the N word at their players. It's a shame that she would allege that because it detracts from the actual problem that still exists in the country. Don't cry wolf when there's nothing there.

She took it down when USU fans called her on it and sent her the video of what occurred during and after the game.

Anyway, sorry to dig it back up, but it didn't sit well and I wanted you to realize exactly what was tweeted (that was blatantly false).
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 4):
USU782004AGGaryTakeTheWheelaggieguy13



Locked Previous topicNext topic