2020-2021 schedule

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9507
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4604 times
Been thanked: 2792 times
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by aggies22 » February 23rd, 2020, 12:43 pm

SLB wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 9:53 am
Any updates on who else we are playing in the non-conference schedule of next season?
Our staff is currently concerned with who we have left on our schedule this year. They'll take care of next year over the summer.



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2735
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by GUS » February 23rd, 2020, 2:06 pm

At the coaches luncheon, Smith said that we have a 6 year home and home deal with byu.



SectionBAggie
Posts: 1203
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 9:04 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SectionBAggie » February 23rd, 2020, 8:13 pm

FWIW, Myrtle Beach has 1 team that would be a Quad 1 game (if played today) - Dayton.
There would be 2 Quad 2 games - Loyola-Chicago, and Missouri.
The others - Pitt(101), Charlotte, Nebraska and Penn would be Quad 3 games.

So it's a decent field in that there are no apparent Quad 4 games (see NC A&T this year), but only 1 Quad 1 team. However, Dayton has a good chance to be coming off of at least a Sweet Sixteen appearance.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by ThunderAggie » February 23rd, 2020, 8:17 pm

What type of games should we expect to be scheduled before next season? We already have the Myrtle Beach, Davidson, BYU, St Marys, etc. Should we expect a big game like vs a blue blood?



slcagg
Posts: 4480
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by slcagg » February 23rd, 2020, 8:32 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 8:13 pm
FWIW, Myrtle Beach has 1 team that would be a Quad 1 game (if played today) - Dayton.
There would be 2 Quad 2 games - Loyola-Chicago, and Missouri.
The others - Pitt(101), Charlotte, Nebraska and Penn would be Quad 3 games.

So it's a decent field in that there are no apparent Quad 4 games (see NC A&T this year), but only 1 Quad 1 team. However, Dayton has a good chance to be coming off of at least a Sweet Sixteen appearance.
While I’m sure Dayton will still be very good they will be losing their do everything top 10 nba draft pick after this season.



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm

Any updates?



slcagg
Posts: 4480
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by slcagg » March 14th, 2020, 5:46 am

I think if queta comes back you will 1-2 neutral site games vs quality competition.



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 14th, 2020, 10:19 am

What PAC 12 team would you like to see the Aggies play? I personally think that it would nice to face a PAC 12 team.
Something to think about with the PAC 12 (Net ranking 3/12/20)
Oregon (#12)
Arizona (#14)
Colorado (#25)
Stanford (#33)
USC (#45)
Arizona State (#54)
Washington (#58)
Oregon State (#71)
Utah (#85 :lol: )
Washington State (#115)
Cal (#139)
Last edited by SLB on March 14th, 2020, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 1057
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1141 times
Been thanked: 470 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 14th, 2020, 10:22 am

After their rough year, could be a good time to schedule a home-and-home with UW.



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 14th, 2020, 11:47 am

Do anyone have any knowledge who our first opponent would be for the Myrtle Beach Invitational tournament?



SwaggieAggie
Posts: 122
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 10:04 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SwaggieAggie » March 14th, 2020, 2:01 pm

SLB wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 10:19 am
What PAC 12 team would you like to see the Aggies play? I personally think that it would nice to face a PAC 12 team.
Something to think about with the PAC 12 (Net ranking 3/12/20)
Oregon (#12)
Arizona (#14)
Colorado (#25)
Stanford (#33)
USC (#45)
Arizona State (#54)
Washington (#58)
Oregon State (#71)
Utah (#85 :lol: )
Washington State (#115)
Cal (#139)
There’s no reason we shouldn’t be playing Utah. I love in-state rivalry games and it would be fun swapping games each year in the Spectrum and Huntsman Center.

As for the others, Washington and AZ would be cool.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by scotlandog » March 14th, 2020, 2:15 pm

Really after seeing the importance of playing and beating LSU and Florida this year on our at-large chances, we really need to try these types of game more. We obviously didn’t need it for multiple reasons this year but they proved to build up our NET ranking like we need each year. I think they would have been more beneficial compared to wins vs BYU and St. Mary’s even though the NET would have been the same. The committee always has a bias.

I would love to see at least 4 Q1 games each year in our OOC. We go 50/50 and we are set with the opportunity for a high seed if we win them all. Couple those games with a few good teams in conference and we have a good path to make the NCAA every year. Hopefully we can get 3 Q1 opponents in conference in the future.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 15th, 2020, 11:50 am

SLB wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 11:47 am
Do anyone have any knowledge who our first opponent would be for the Myrtle Beach Invitational tournament?
From what I can see from last season's Myrtle Beach Invitational, we appear to be the #2 seed which means we are likely facing Charlotte or Penn or Nebraska in the 1st round.



slcagg
Posts: 4480
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by slcagg » March 15th, 2020, 11:59 am

SwaggieAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 2:01 pm
SLB wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 10:19 am
What PAC 12 team would you like to see the Aggies play? I personally think that it would nice to face a PAC 12 team.
Something to think about with the PAC 12 (Net ranking 3/12/20)
Oregon (#12)
Arizona (#14)
Colorado (#25)
Stanford (#33)
USC (#45)
Arizona State (#54)
Washington (#58)
Oregon State (#71)
Utah (#85 :lol: )
Washington State (#115)
Cal (#139)
There’s no reason we shouldn’t be playing Utah. I love in-state rivalry games and it would be fun swapping games each year in the Spectrum and Huntsman Center.

As for the others, Washington and AZ would be cool.
What about the a mw/pac12 challenge. Schedule 3 games for the next expected top 3 teams to play each other. They will say no. But a usu and SDSU and unlv matchup with say Oregon, asu and UCLA in Los Angeles would be fun. Probably a pipe dream but would be fun.

Or what about BYU and usu do a 1:1 with both Arizona schools. One road game at their venues and then 1 game in salt lake.



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 22nd, 2020, 10:52 pm

Any updates?



Jjoey52
Posts: 3433
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by Jjoey52 » March 24th, 2020, 11:20 am

USU needs a home and home multiple series vs NMSU. This would help the schedule, bring back a good rivalry and the final bonus is that Frank returns to the board,


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 26th, 2020, 9:50 am

St. Mary's update



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 26th, 2020, 9:52 am

We need at least 2 more quality opponents in the non-conference schedule.



LoveMyAggies
Posts: 261
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by LoveMyAggies » March 28th, 2020, 10:17 pm

SLB wrote:We need at least 2 more quality opponents in the non-conference schedule.
I vote butler and gonzaga


Sent from Mars using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author LoveMyAggies for the post (total 2):
SwaggieAggieSLB



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 30th, 2020, 10:18 pm

Something to keep in mind when thinking about for next season's schedule
2019 Non-conference schedule by Quads
Q1- 4 games
Q2- 1 game
Q3- 1 game
Q4- 5 games
D2- 2 games
Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75.
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135.
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240.
Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353.



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 30th, 2020, 10:37 pm

How many would be down with something like going to Phil Knight Invitational?
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
ProvoAggie



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12687
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 676 times
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by ProvoAggie » March 30th, 2020, 11:19 pm

SLB wrote:How many would be down with something like going to Phil Knight Invitational?
Isn't that an exempt tournament? We're already going to Myrtle Beach.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk




SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 31st, 2020, 7:03 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 30th, 2020, 11:19 pm
SLB wrote:How many would be down with something like going to Phil Knight Invitational?
Isn't that an exempt tournament? We're already going to Myrtle Beach.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I was a mentioning an event game where you play Oregon or Oregon State in Portland not a tournament.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12687
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 676 times
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by ProvoAggie » March 31st, 2020, 11:59 am

Looks like Dixie State is on the schedule:
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 3):
USU78Aggie19SLB



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 31st, 2020, 12:08 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:59 am
Looks like Dixie State is on the schedule:
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:



Aggie19
Posts: 624
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 299 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by Aggie19 » March 31st, 2020, 12:45 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:59 am
Looks like Dixie State is on the schedule:
Let's get UVU and SUU on there, then we can mock Utah as being the only team in the state that won't play us. Candy Asses!


Go Aggies!

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12687
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 676 times
Contact:

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by ProvoAggie » March 31st, 2020, 1:01 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 12:45 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:59 am
Looks like Dixie State is on the schedule:
Let's get UVU and SUU on there, then we can mock Utah as being the only team in the state that won't play us. Candy Asses!
I think we could see SUU on the schedule in 2021. Not sure about UVU.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1827
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 524 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by Aggie84025 » March 31st, 2020, 1:10 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 1:01 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 12:45 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:59 am
Looks like Dixie State is on the schedule:
Let's get UVU and SUU on there, then we can mock Utah as being the only team in the state that won't play us. Candy Asses!
I think we could see SUU on the schedule in 2021. Not sure about UVU.
Is Dixie still D2 or are they making the jump to D1 this coming season? If we are going to play 1 D2 team i like that it is Dixie State. At least it is a regional game against an instate opponent.



User avatar
Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl
Posts: 1316
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 6:42 pm
Location: Utah
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by Floppy Hat » March 31st, 2020, 1:41 pm

Dixie State will make the jump to D1 this coming season and also be joining the WAC. Probably still a Quad 4 game...
These users thanked the author Floppy Hat for the post (total 2):
SLBReal Life Aggie



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 31st, 2020, 2:17 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 12:45 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 11:59 am
Looks like Dixie State is on the schedule:
Let's get UVU and SUU on there, then we can mock Utah as being the only team in the state that won't play us. Candy Asses!
It would be cool to get UVU and SUU on the schedule. It would be nice to play them at home or road.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1827
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 524 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by Aggie84025 » March 31st, 2020, 2:21 pm

Floppy Hat wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 1:41 pm
Dixie State will make the jump to D1 this coming season and also be joining the WAC. Probably still a Quad 4 game...
Cool they are making the jump. It is a good game to have on the schedule. If we we are going to have some quad 4 games at least be with regional teams.



oleblu111
Posts: 1560
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 628 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by oleblu111 » March 31st, 2020, 2:35 pm

UVU and SUU do not want to play USU. If you look at the record you can see why, as far as playing Pac-12 teams in Logan I doubt any of them want the travel, plus most likely a loss. USU needs to pressure the U to play us home and home in basketball, also I believe NMSU might be willing.



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 31st, 2020, 2:57 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 2:21 pm
Floppy Hat wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 1:41 pm
Dixie State will make the jump to D1 this coming season and also be joining the WAC. Probably still a Quad 4 game...
Cool they are making the jump. It is a good game to have on the schedule. If we we are going to have some quad 4 games at least be with regional teams.
More info on that, thanks to the people for the updates :golfclap:
https://dixiestateathletics.com/sports/ ... c-faq.aspx



SLB
Posts: 2762
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by SLB » March 31st, 2020, 3:03 pm

SLB wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 9:01 pm
Already, we have a nice schedule for next season.
10 non-conference games + 3 2020 Myrtle Beach Invitational tournament games
Opponents so far (NET ranking 3/12/20)
Home - BYU(#9), St. Mary’s (#31), Dixie State (new D1 team joining the WAC)
Road- Davidson (#75), Weber State (#273)
Neutral- 3 of the 7 teams (Charlotte (#176), Dayton (#3), Loyola (Chicago)(#98), Missouri(#84), Nebraska(#199), Penn (#149), and Pitt(#109))

8 remaining games
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... t-rankings
Who else should we play next season?
I will continue to update this.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 4480
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 565 times

Re: 2020-2021 schedule

Post by slcagg » March 31st, 2020, 3:10 pm

SLB wrote:
March 31st, 2020, 3:03 pm
SLB wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 9:01 pm
Already, we have a nice schedule for next season.
10 non-conference games + 3 2020 Myrtle Beach Invitational tournament games
Opponents so far (NET ranking 3/12/20)
Home - BYU(#9), St. Mary’s (#31), Dixie State (new D1 team joining the WAC)
Road- Davidson (#75), Weber State (#273)
Neutral- 3 of the 7 teams (Charlotte (#176), Dayton (#3), Loyola (Chicago)(#98), Missouri(#84), Nebraska(#199), Penn (#149), and Pitt(#109))

8 remaining games
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... t-rankings
Who else should we play next season?
I will continue to update this.
Good stuff.

Btw both BYU and st Mary’s are losing a lot from multiple guys. I don’t follow st Mary’s roster situation at all but BYU really does not have a lot in the pipeline for next year unless they pull off a big transfer/recruit or two.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic