Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 27th, 2019, 10:58 am

I know this opinion is shared by many, but I would like to see the Beehive Classic modified to where we are playing teams from out of state there. Like get other mid-majors or middle to bottom P5 teams to play a double header of one against Weber State, and one against us. It could even be an all-day day four game event with all four schools against out of state schools
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
brownjeans



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14295
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 546 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by brownjeans » November 27th, 2019, 11:20 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 10:58 am
I know this opinion is shared by many, but I would like to see the Beehive Classic modified to where we are playing teams from out of state there. Like get other mid-majors or middle to bottom P5 teams to play a double header of one against Weber State, and one against us. It could even be an all-day day four game event with all four schools against out of state schools
I'd love to see USU get an SLC return game from a perennial-power team.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by Aggie84025 » November 27th, 2019, 1:03 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 10:58 am
I know this opinion is shared by many, but I would like to see the Beehive Classic modified to where we are playing teams from out of state there. Like get other mid-majors or middle to bottom P5 teams to play a double header of one against Weber State, and one against us. It could even be an all-day day four game event with all four schools against out of state schools
This would be a great event.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by dyedblue » November 27th, 2019, 1:07 pm

I’ve said for years it needs to be a double header with another instate team and two P5 schools like the Arizona schools our Oklahoma. Both have played BYU in Salt Lake so they could come.

Would support an MW vs WCC challenge with us vs. Gonzaga and BYU vs Nevada?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
Aggie in Boise


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Aggie in Boise
Posts: 314
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 27th, 2019, 1:14 pm

This year BYU is playing UNLV at Vivint. MWC versus WCC.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by dyedblue » November 27th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:This year BYU is playing UNLV at Vivint. MWC versus WCC.
So double head it with us and Gonzaga or Arizona/Arizona State


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
Aggie in Boise


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

oleblu111
Posts: 1501
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by oleblu111 » November 27th, 2019, 2:03 pm

dyedblue wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 1:15 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:This year BYU is playing UNLV at Vivint. MWC versus WCC.
So double head it with us and Gonzaga or Arizona/Arizona State


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you believe that Gonzaga or Arizona wants to play USU in Salt Lake City ?



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by Jjoey53 » November 27th, 2019, 2:37 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 1:15 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:This year BYU is playing UNLV at Vivint. MWC versus WCC.
So double head it with us and Gonzaga or Arizona/Arizona State


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you believe that Gonzaga or Arizona wants to play USU in Salt Lake City ?
More so than Logan.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 314
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 27th, 2019, 2:46 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 2:03 pm
dyedblue wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 1:15 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:This year BYU is playing UNLV at Vivint. MWC versus WCC.
So double head it with us and Gonzaga or Arizona/Arizona State


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you believe that Gonzaga or Arizona wants to play USU in Salt Lake City ?
Only one way to find out.



ususports
Posts: 1336
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by ususports » November 27th, 2019, 10:55 pm

This year’s beehive classic could be fun if Seljaas hasn’t shaved the dead rat off of his top lip. It looks like he is auditioning for a lead role in a low budget 1970 adult film. Perhaps our student section could have some fun.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 862
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 1005 times
Been thanked: 406 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by Real Life Aggie » November 27th, 2019, 11:21 pm

ususports wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 10:55 pm
This year’s beehive classic could be fun if Seljaas hasn’t shaved the dead rat off of his top lip. It looks like he is auditioning for a lead role in a low budget 1970 adult film. Perhaps our student section could have some fun.
I doubt he'll be bothered. His boyfriend really likes the look.



slcagg
Posts: 3986
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 299 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by slcagg » November 28th, 2019, 6:40 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 1:14 pm
This year BYU is playing UNLV at Vivint. MWC versus WCC.
On a side not UNLV has not looked very good this year.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7114
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1149 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Is the Beehive Classic any fun?

Post by USU78 » November 28th, 2019, 7:11 am

Not so far.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic