BRITO!!!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ThunderAggie

BRITO!!!

Post by ThunderAggie » November 18th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Great overall game with 17 points, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 assist, and 1 block.

Man, was this guy everywhere tonight! That put back dunk was a thing of beauty and he also had a nice fast break dunk. Hes got some bunnies! I continue to be impressed with his performance and energy. It is crazy to think how much improvement he has had from when he first got here! Got to think a lot has to do with Smith! I think he should start over Miller, but I do like his energy off the bench.

Boy do I love me some Bean-Britos!!!! :rock:
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
rAggie

AGGIEinIOWA

BRITO!!!

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » November 18th, 2019, 9:46 pm

I think Brito is good enough to start but love having him come off the bench as a 6th man. When he and Anderson come in, there is no drop off. I think this a big advantage when both teams sub in their bench players. I’d love to see how our bench scoring compares to some of our key upcoming opponents.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: BRITO!!!

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2019, 7:08 am

Despite a few careless turnovers, I do agree with the original post. The energy and scoring punch that Brito brings off the bench is going to be a key to our success this season. Who here can remember how many on this board wanted Brito gone after his freshman season?

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » November 19th, 2019, 7:19 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 7:08 am
Despite a few careless turnovers, I do agree with the original post. The energy and scoring punch that Brito brings off the bench is going to be a key to our success this season. Who here can remember how many on this board wanted Brito gone after his freshman season?
I almost forgot about this. I didn't want him out then, but It is a great illustration of how much of a difference coaching makes. Obviously it's not just that, he has also worked his butt off the get better and those fans were wrong in the first place.
These users thanked the author SaintAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 19th, 2019, 7:36 am

I can't imagine how annoying our team is going to be for opposing players once Queta gets back.

Starting off you have to worry about an All-American combo guard, an Energizer Bunny at PF, and an NBA-quality guy at the 5.

Your reward for getting those guys to the bench? How about an explosive wing player that does a little of everything, another big guy that is good for 2-3 blocks per 40 minutes, and a stretch PF that is definitely a starter for 95% of teams.

Don't mess with the Starting 5. I love how we've set this team up.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Locked Previous topicNext topic