Resurrecting My New Cheer Idea

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
UncleDude
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Resurrecting My New Cheer Idea

Post by UncleDude » November 3rd, 2019, 5:24 pm

Not sure if anyone who could make this happen uses these forums like they did in the past, but I'm going to put this idea back into the zeitgeist. I threw out this idea five or six years ago and it got some positive feedback. Despite the positive feedback from most here, and student athletics organizers, nothing ever came of it. But now the Spectrum is having a resurgence, I figured this is a great time to bring it up again and see what comes of it.

I believe the idea is original. I don't really know. But even if it's not, just like with "I Believe" and "Winning Team, Losing Team" we could do it the best. Given the size and layout of the student section, it would actually be hard for other schools to emulate.

Here is the basic outline:

It's a roll call. Presumably led by those leading "I Believe" and "Winning Team, Losing Team." At some point, they call for a roll call. Either with a simple roll call yell or Aggie roll call, or something similar. This would be the signal for the students to sit down.

They then call out the different sections of the student section. When a section is called out, everyone in that section stands and yells 'here' and sits back down.

After all the sections have been called upon and accounted for, 'Aggies' is then called. Everyone stands in unison and yells 'here' and then all hell breaks loose.

That's the basics.

I had this idea before "I Believe" was moved to after the player intros. I always envisioned the roll call being done during this time. Mostly just because the cheer can be expanded or condensed as necessary. The time between intros and tip-off fluctuates and even the "I Believe" cheer sometimes peters out before tip. But it could really be done at anytime as long as the arena is mostly full. Warmups, first timeout, halftime, etc.

More than just the student section could be incorporated as well. Whether it be other sections or just a simple west side, north side. You could even single people out. Whether it be some of the players themselves, high profile Aggies in attendance, potential recruits...

This would obviously take some effort and time to fully implement. Having been there at the beginning of "I Believe" and "Winning Team, Losing Team", I know how much time and effort it took for those to get perfected. I just wish I thought of this while I was still there to help implement this idea too. But with what appears to be the next era of Spectrum Magic, perhaps this cheer could be one of the contributions added to the Spectrum Legacy.

Or maybe I'm just high.

Aggie84025

Re: Resurrecting My New Cheer Idea

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 5:38 pm

I like it. Anything to to be creative and start new traditions is great.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 3rd, 2019, 6:13 pm

I like it, the I believe chant was great but time for something new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 3rd, 2019, 6:17 pm

I would like to hear the we are farmers jingle during some free throws by opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post (total 5):
brownjeanstreesap32USUMAEReal Life AggieQuackAttackAggie

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 4th, 2019, 9:07 am

dyedblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:17 pm
I would like to hear the we are farmers jingle during some free throws by opponents.

Especially against BYU. They tend to get a kick out of that one for some reason.

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » November 4th, 2019, 9:20 am

One option would be to do this at the beginning of the game and move 'I Believe' to the start of the second half to get people fired up again.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post:
Real Life Aggie

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » November 4th, 2019, 9:21 am

treesap32 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:07 am
dyedblue wrote:

Especially against BYU. They tend to get a kick out of that one for some reason.
That would be awesome

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 4th, 2019, 12:40 pm

I don't like it, but I don't care enough either. If it looks good then I guess it is fine.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 4th, 2019, 12:51 pm

treesap32 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

"Dairies are for losers but our school's ice cream is better"

These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
tysteve20Zaggie07

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » November 4th, 2019, 5:44 pm

My favorite new cheer is “if you’re winning and you know it clap your hands” then “if you’re losing and you know it clap you hands *silently point to opposing bench*”

These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post:
Turtle

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 5th, 2019, 8:58 am

dyedblue wrote:

But do they have to be lonely?

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » November 5th, 2019, 9:37 am

tysteve20 wrote:My favorite new cheer is “if you’re winning and you know it clap your hands” then “if you’re losing and you know it clap you hands *silently point to opposing bench*”

Not a fan of that one - but anything that gets the crowd into the game

Locked Previous topicNext topic