Beehive Classic

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Jjoey53
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Beehive Classic

Post by Jjoey53 » September 16th, 2019, 11:48 am

I am not going, I want this thing to die and the only way for this to happen is low attendance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from Jjoey53:
aggies22

ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 294 times

Post by ProvoAggie » September 16th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 11:48 am
I am not going, I want this thing to die and the only way for this to happen is low attendance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Attendance is already low enough that this event is basically dead. They expected huge crowds last year for BYU/Utah...and it didn't happen. If last year couldn't get the numbers they wanted then this year won't either. I doubt there are over 4000 there for the Utah/Weber game. I'm not going to let my dislike for this event prevent me from supporting the Aggies.

ChicAggie
Has liked: 235 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by ChicAggie » September 16th, 2019, 12:24 pm

You guys make me chuckle.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Aggie in Boise
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Aggie in Boise » September 16th, 2019, 7:38 pm

I will support the Aggies by showing up to games in Boise and Logan.
These users liked this post from Aggie in Boise:
oleblu111

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 17th, 2019, 9:06 am

brownjeans wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 11:21 am
I'm opposed to the Beehive Classic on principle. It's a scam to allow the Utes to stay in SLC and not have to stoop to playing on the road to in-state teams. I want home/home for all the D1 in-state scheduling (yes, even those teams we think are beneath us).
Having said that, if priced right, I might find it hard to hold to my principles and not go see the Aggies play 15 minutes from my house.
Absolutely. And one reason why I don't know why some Aggie fans act like Utah is the lesser of two evils when compared to byu. Utah has treated USU far worse over the past decade than byu has. Chris Hill was garbage to USU and hopefully their new AD will wise up.

ususports
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by ususports » September 17th, 2019, 9:31 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 9:06 am
brownjeans wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 11:21 am
I'm opposed to the Beehive Classic on principle. It's a scam to allow the Utes to stay in SLC and not have to stoop to playing on the road to in-state teams. I want home/home for all the D1 in-state scheduling (yes, even those teams we think are beneath us).
Having said that, if priced right, I might find it hard to hold to my principles and not go see the Aggies play 15 minutes from my house.
Absolutely. And one reason why I don't know why some Aggie fans act like Utah is the lesser of two evils when compared to byu. Utah has treated USU far worse over the past decade than byu has. Chris Hill was garbage to USU and hopefully their new AD will wise up.
Certainly if you look at the last several years when Utah completely took us off their basketball and football schedules, then yes, Utah has treated us worse. However, up until they joined the Pac 12, they were playing us home and home in both sports. For decades, that was not the case with BYU, but they have recently changed. That is causing the discrepancy of distaste for both schools.

Bigd23
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bigd23 » September 21st, 2019, 10:19 pm

If you use the link posted in this thread and enter the USU code, then once on the site remove the USU code you can apply a USU discount code. Lower bowl tickets are $25 and upper bowl $8 using that code with no fees. The big caveat is the tickets you purchase seem to be very restricted as to resale because once they were in my Jazz ticket account the ticket details had a disclaimer I had never seen restricting the value the tickets could be resold for. I wasn't concerned because I'll be attending the game and using all tickets I purchased.

I don't know what the discount code was intended for but I was looking to buy five tickets and found that to be the best pricing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic