Reffing was one sided. Congrats on your once in every 6-8 year March Madness appearance.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SDSU
Troll

Reffing was one sided. Congrats on your once in every 6-8 year March Madness appearance.

Post by SDSU » March 16th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Obviously it wasn't the ref's fault for the 10-0 2nd half run, but it was pretty much one sided after that. They got bailed out enough times to hold on to the win. What can I say? sometimes refs call bad games.

SDSU will be relevant for a while because SDSU will get pac 12 leading scorer Malachi Flynn, Jaden McDaniels(top 3 draft pick), and Jalen is coming back for his senior year(confirmed in locker room). SDSU is projected to finish #1 in the conference in 2020 since Nevada will fall back into obscurity.

I Will be rooting for Nevada and Utah St in the dance.

SectionBAggie

Re: Reffing was one sided. Congrats on your once in every 6-8 year March Madness appearance.

Post by SectionBAggie » March 16th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Nothing like a heart-felt congratulations. Absolutely nothing.
These users thanked the author SectionBAggie for the post (total 7):
ProvoAggieNavyBlueAggieaggies22StanfordAggiecrazywookieNVAggieLKGates

Intermeddler

Re: Reffing was one sided. Congrats on your once in every 6-8 year March Madness appearance.

Post by Intermeddler » March 16th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Who’s Jalen? Is he the dude that scored 4 points and fouled out?

You sure the pac 12 dude will adjust to playing in a tougher league?

Will be rooting for you in the CBI
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 6):
ProvoAggieNavyBlueAggieToedAgaggies22NVAggieLKGates

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 16th, 2019, 8:39 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:37 pm
just being realistic. SDSU also lost to Wyoming and Fresno St in the MWC tourney title game and they fell back on obscurity while SDSU remains consistent.

Hopefully next season, Utah St will remain relevant. We need competition.

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » March 16th, 2019, 8:41 pm

If we give you a goat, will you go back under your bridge haha!

Go Aggies!

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 16th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Intermeddler wrote:Who’s Jalen? Is he the dude that scored 4 points and fouled out?

I watched Malachi Flynn at WSU. He will fit in at SDSU perfectly. A supreme talent that would know what a team is if it hit him in the behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post:
aggies22

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 16th, 2019, 8:44 pm

bwahahahaha

this is awesome
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
StanfordAggie

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 16th, 2019, 8:47 pm

jpswensen wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:41 pm
Intermeddler wrote:Who’s Jalen? Is he the dude that scored 4 points and fouled out?

I watched Malachi Flynn at WSU. He will fit in at SDSU perfectly. A supreme talent that would know what a team is if it hit him in the behind.

he was the best guard in the pac 12 last season. He's easily an upgrade from Watson(although streaky, has a flat jump shot). Flynn is projected to be the MW player of the year.

Also we are getting Faegin, grad transfer who averaged 18 ppg in santa clara. We now have TWO guard who can create their own shot. THey are an upgrade from hemsley and watson. SDSU SHOULD be projected to be #1 in the conference

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 16th, 2019, 8:48 pm

SDSU has a frank

SDSU is frank?

:mindblown:
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 8):
ProvoAggieZaggie07BiocatAgaggies22CodingAggieBlueMrBiggleBustaMcNuttsneed

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 16th, 2019, 8:49 pm

So, um yeah. Our entire team (minus one senior) returns. We are Champs, SDSU are chumps. Scoreboard, (I can't express myself without swearing).

One sided refs? Ah, the old siren song for losers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mr. Sneelock on March 16th, 2019, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 3):
Usu0505Zaggie07aggies22

Formerly TulsAGGIE

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » March 16th, 2019, 8:50 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:36 pm
Obviously it wasn't the ref's fault for the 10-0 2nd half run, but it was pretty much one sided after that. They got bailed out enough times to hold on to the win. What can I say? sometimes refs call bad games.

SDSU will be relevant for a while because SDSU will get pac 12 leading scorer Malachi Flynn, Jaden McDaniels(top 3 draft pick), and Jalen is coming back for his senior year(confirmed in locker room). SDSU is projected to finish #1 in the conference in 2020 since Nevada will fall back into obscurity.

I'll bite. I'm sure it was the refs daily you guys missed the front end of two consecutive one and ones, and also their fault that Mitchell couldn't hit the ocean from a cruise ship. Also their fault SDSU couldn't convert Aggie turnovers into points. Definitely on the refs.

Aggies All the Way!

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » March 16th, 2019, 8:50 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:47 pm
jpswensen wrote:

he was the best guard in the pac 12 last season. He's easily an upgrade from Watson(although streaky, has a flat jump shot). Flynn is projected to be the MW player of the year.

Also we are getting Faegin, grad transfer who averaged 18 ppg in santa clara. We now have TWO guard who can create their own shot. THey are an upgrade from hemsley and watson. SDSU SHOULD be projected to be #1 in the conference
You know, at one point we got a transfer from Ohio State. It worked out well. Lol 😂
These users thanked the author TrueBlueFan for the post:
aggies22

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 16th, 2019, 8:54 pm

TrueBlueFan wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:50 pm
SDSU wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

You know, at one point we got a transfer from Ohio State. It worked out well. Lol 😂
Jacked the threes like no other.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 16th, 2019, 8:54 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
SDSU wrote:

I'll bite. I'm sure it was the refs daily you guys missed the front end of two consecutive one and ones, and also their fault that Mitchell couldn't hit the ocean from a cruise ship. Also their fault SDSU couldn't convert Aggie turnovers into points. Definitely on the refs.
for a low scoring game, shooting 24 FTs is a lot. We shot half as many and we only lost by 7

Refs played a big role on why utah st won. Don't deny it

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 16th, 2019, 8:55 pm

Someone post that stat again that shows we’ve gone to more tournaments than SDSU. He seems to miss that part each time it’s posted

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 16th, 2019, 8:59 pm

BeNo wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:54 pm
TrueBlueFan wrote:
SDSU wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

Now that I think about it, Mitchell out did him today. Let Mitchell shoot.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 16th, 2019, 8:59 pm

FT differential had a lot to do with style of play. Your guys pressed and swatted all game. Sometimes you got away with it but not always. That leads to more fouls.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

freakboy

Post by freakboy » March 16th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Did Frank move from Deming to Calexico or something?

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 16th, 2019, 9:02 pm

SDSU wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

If this guy was the best guard in the PAC 12 why is he "stepping down" to the MWC?

We return the reigning player of the year, freshman of the year and coach of the year.

Oh, and next week we'll play in the NCAA Tournament. You'll have to let us know how you do because I won't be paying attention.

usubobcat

Post by usubobcat » March 16th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Current streak of consecutive NCAA tournament appearances:

Utah State: 1
San Diego State: 0

Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » March 16th, 2019, 9:03 pm

SDSU wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
SDSU wrote:

for a low scoring game, shooting 24 FTs is a lot. We shot half as many and we only lost by 7

SDSU played more aggressive defense. That kind of disparity happens when you get too aggressive. I actually thought they let a lot go (Brito getting run over causing the over and back). The reason you lost is because you're not as good. You guys got into hero ball when you went down. Mitchell is a great example. Even the announcers wondered why he kept shooting. Three air balls in the last few minutes. You would have had more free throws if you hit the front end of those, too.

Aggies All the Way!

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 16th, 2019, 9:05 pm

BeNo wrote:
BeNo wrote:
TrueBlueFan wrote:
SDSU wrote:
jpswensen wrote:

You know, at one point we got a transfer from Ohio State. It worked out well. Lol Image
Now that I think about it, Mitchell out did him today. Let Mitchell shoot.
Mitchell got weighed down by eating so many Bean Brito today.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » March 16th, 2019, 9:07 pm

SDSU wrote:

San Diego state has been to the ncaa tournament a whopping 12 times. But please, tell me more about your storied program

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » March 16th, 2019, 9:09 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 8:39 pm
SectionBAggie wrote:
just being realistic. SDSU also lost to Wyoming and Fresno St in the MWC tourney title game and they fell back on obscurity while SDSU remains consistent.

Congrats. at this rate you'll have lost a tourney title game to the whole conference by about 2026. Consistent, as in consistently not good enough to parlay all that talent into a title.

Curious: Are you guys going to buy a game in the CIT? I'm guessing you might get past USD in a first round game.

Also: do you owe Brown a return game next year? Or did you really have to pay $90,000 to an Ivy League also-ran to beat you by 20 on your home court?

Enjoy the offseason. The long, unfulfilling offseason, replaying in your mind how the refs stole the title from you.

Don't be a stranger. On second thought, do be a stranger.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07aggies22

Nobody here knows anything.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 16th, 2019, 9:09 pm

SDSU wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
SDSU wrote:

SDSU had 23 fouls, USU 16.

Four fouls came in the final 1:23 of the game when SDSU was hacking trying to stop the clock. Further, SDSU "committed" only four fouls the first 13 minutes of the second half while USU was pulling away.

Happy I could help.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 4):
Zaggie07aggies22MetsJetsAggiessneed

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » March 16th, 2019, 9:11 pm

SDSU wrote:

You are not only arrogant, but you are also lying. You know you are not going to cheer for USU or Nevada. Poor try.

rollinmr
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by rollinmr » March 16th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Who is this SDSU fan???? Who cares if SDSU is projected to be the #1 team in the MW next year, we were projected to be the #9 team this year....and how did that projection go???!! This guy needs a reality check....maybe he can get this after his team loses in the CBI!!

Donman

Post by Donman » March 16th, 2019, 9:16 pm

You'll always have beating BYU in the conference tournament. Go Torros!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Donman for the post:
aggies22

Aggieiester

Post by Aggieiester » March 16th, 2019, 9:22 pm

SDSU wrote:

SDSU-Frank

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 16th, 2019, 9:22 pm

I want to know how much $$$ he put down taking the 6.5 points? Of course from his earlier posts he probably just used Mom's credit card and maxed it out on the money line.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 16th, 2019, 9:22 pm

OKAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:09 pm
SDSU wrote:
SectionBAggie wrote:

Congrats. at this rate you'll have lost a tourney title game to the whole conference by about 2026. Consistent, as in consistently not good enough to parlay all that talent into a title.

Curious: Are you guys going to buy a game in the CIT? I'm guessing you might get past USD in a first round game.

Also: do you owe Brown a return game next year? Or did you really have to pay $90,000 to an Ivy League also-ran to beat you by 20 on your home court?

Enjoy the offseason. The long, unfulfilling offseason, replaying in your mind how the refs stole the title from you.

you sound salty. We've been beating you guys for the last decade. Have fun with your 15 mins of fame and back to obscurity while we reload with Flynn(curry 2.0) and Jaden (durant 2.0)

u do realize SDSU is projected to finish first in 2020 right?

have fun in the dance. Hope Utah St doesn't go one and done

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 16th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Just a guess...SDSU-frank is the one making these projections.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
Zaggie07

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

usubobcat

Post by usubobcat » March 16th, 2019, 9:24 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:22 pm
OKAggie wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:09 pm
SDSU wrote:
SectionBAggie wrote:

you sound salty. We've been beating you guys for the last decade. Have fun with your 15 mins of fame and back to obscurity while we reload with Flynn(curry 2.0) and Jaden (durant 2.0)

have fun in the dance. Hope Utah St doesn't go one and done
It's true. SDSU himself projected SDSU to finish first in 2020, so there is one person who is projecting SDSU to finish first.

Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

Aggieiester

Post by Aggieiester » March 16th, 2019, 9:27 pm

SDSU wrote:

Yeah but what are their 40 times Frank?
These users thanked the author Aggieiester for the post:
sneed

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 16th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Link??

Locked Previous topicNext topic