Here are the security tapes.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

Re: Here are the security tapes.

Post by ineptimusprime » March 4th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Can someone GRAMA the written statement(s) submitted by USU to the MW?

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 4th, 2019, 8:02 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:57 pm
I loved as everyone is trying to pull Caroline back that Musselman just nonchalantly walks by and doesn’t say a word.
Looks like a guy who really cares about that Wolfpack family of his, or more like a dude who just farted on the elevator and fleeing the scene.
Last edited by hipsterdoofus21 on March 4th, 2019, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 4th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Ahbye wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:45 pm
UtahStizzle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:43 pm
But is also shocked when they run by. Maybe they asked him if they could go down the hall or something.
This. He went down the hall to address a complaint about our fans touching players. Keep in mind the usu team has yet to arrive at their locker room.
I timed the team walking up the tunnel and it looked like it was the same time Caroline takes off...

Where only sage brush grows

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » March 4th, 2019, 8:04 pm

Actually a couple assistants start taking off before Caroline if you watch closely. Also looks like they're yelling at someone in the distance...

Twitter: UtahStizzle

sstewboy

Post by sstewboy » March 4th, 2019, 8:05 pm

Ag4life wrote:
sstewboy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:41 pm
Who is this guy? He should know better than anyone what happened. And why does he appear to wave the Nevada players down the hall at the beginning of the chase (starting at the 3:45 minute mark in the second video):

This guy? https://utahstateaggies.com/staff.aspx?staff=197
Yep, that's him. Someone needs to ask him to clarify what was said. He clearly heard it. He reacts slightly by looking down the hall then steps into the middle of the hall to diffuse the situation.

paaron46

Post by paaron46 » March 4th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Sad there's no audio.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

KohnDome
Has thanked: 0

Post by KohnDome » March 4th, 2019, 8:08 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Ahbye wrote:
UtahStizzle wrote:
But is also shocked when they run by. Maybe they asked him if they could go down the hall or something.
This. He went down the hall to address a complaint about our fans touching players. Keep in mind the usu team has yet to arrive at their locker room.
I timed the team walking up the tunnel and it looked like it was the same time Caroline takes off...
Would this have been the same time that we started singing Sweet Caroline??? Maybe the team was singing it as well?? 😜

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 4th, 2019, 8:10 pm

KohnDome wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:08 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
UtahStizzle wrote:
Would this have been the same time that we started singing Sweet Caroline??? Maybe the team was singing it as well?? 😜
Possible

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2019, 8:14 pm

I believe that there are the only views. The one view is facing our locker room but our players were still out on the floor I believe.

pablohoney

Post by pablohoney » March 4th, 2019, 8:15 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:10 pm
KohnDome wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
UtahStizzle wrote:
Possible
Is there a time stamp on the videos? My phone video of Sweet Caroline has it stamped at 9:12/9:13. Maybe the players were singing it up the tunnel

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 4th, 2019, 8:16 pm

I'm thinking this kid is seriously mentally ill. Looked like a psychotic break.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

frankiedoeshollywood

Post by frankiedoeshollywood » March 4th, 2019, 8:17 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:14 pm
I believe that there are the only views. The one view is facing our locker room but our players were still out on the floor I believe.
Can't believe there is no camera covering the entrance to our locker room.

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » March 4th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Unrelated note - from the "court view behind the students" about two minutes in I love that Coach Smith found his way to Stew near halfcourt and gave him a hug.

The flame of Spectrum magic has officially been passed!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post (total 7):
bikethebeavCodingAggieBlueZaggie07Aggie_in_Idahodonlarson8sneedTrueBlueFan

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » March 4th, 2019, 8:23 pm

So, I believe that whatever occurred between Ragland and the Nevada coach/GA was communicated in the Nevada locker room. That set off Caroline who clearly was having "short fuse" issues. Nothing else makes sense.

I think Hartwell's apology is about the staffer (Ragland?) who said/did something inappropriately. I don't think Hartwell apologized for USU doing anything wrong.

bpd

Post by bpd » March 4th, 2019, 8:24 pm

These views don't really tell us much that we already don't know. The Nevada staff are reacting to something being said down the hall, before Caroline bolts. What is said we will never know, I am guessing something by the USU coaching staff. There has to be video of USU locker room.

I think Mussleman is out of control and I think his wife lost it tonight. That pissed me off.

It's time to move on. This is totally out of hand. We won, they lost. Big game tomorrow.

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » March 4th, 2019, 8:25 pm

bpd wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:24 pm
These views don't really tell us much that we already don't know. The Nevada staff are reacting to something being said down the hall, before Caroline bolts. What is said we will never know, I am guessing something by the USU coaching staff. There has to be video of USU locker room.

I think Mussleman is out of control and I think his wife lost it tonight.

It's time to move on. This is totally out of hand. We won, they lost. Big game tomorrow.
At least it verified what 22 was saying earlier, since some people weren't trusting his source for some reason.

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » March 4th, 2019, 8:27 pm

I'd be very interested to see the two videos of the hallway and the baseline of the arena synced up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm

bpd wrote:

I think Mussleman is out of control and I think his wife lost it tonight. That pissed me off.

I was over it until Musselman’s wife tweeted that bullcrap. That pushed me over the edge. I hope Nevada loses every game they ever play regardless of the impact to the league. By far the most disgusting part of this whole mess IMO. What a joke.

I agree it’s time to move on.

letsbehonest

Post by letsbehonest » March 4th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Win tomorrow and let the MWCT play out.

AngusAg

Post by AngusAg » March 4th, 2019, 8:33 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm
bpd wrote:

I was over it until Musselman’s wife tweeted that bullcrap. That pushed me over the edge. I hope Nevada loses every game they ever play regardless of the impact to the league. By far the most disgusting part of this whole mess IMO. What a joke.

I agree it’s time to move on.
Completely agree.

jpswensen

Here are the security tapes.

Post by jpswensen » March 4th, 2019, 8:34 pm

It would be nice to know if Sweet Caroline sung up the tunnel is what triggered him. Sounds like an awful good cheer for the MWCT, maybe with some modified lyrics to mock his berserker rage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by jpswensen on March 4th, 2019, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » March 4th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Ridiculous how giddy Nisre ZouZoua is as his team charges down the hall. ImageImageImage

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 4th, 2019, 8:35 pm

pablohoney wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:15 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:10 pm
KohnDome wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
UtahStizzle wrote:
Possible
Is there a time stamp on the videos? My phone video of Sweet Caroline has it stamped at 9:12/9:13. Maybe the players were singing it up the tunnel
No time stamp, I just watched the video and timed how much time elapsed from when caroline walked up the tunnel to when I thought I saw USU players start to walk up the tunnel. It's only about a 2 minute difference.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm

newhouse9 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:23 pm
So, I believe that whatever occurred between Ragland and the Nevada coach/GA was communicated in the Nevada locker room. That set off Caroline who clearly was having "short fuse" issues. Nothing else makes sense.

I think Hartwell's apology is about the staffer (Ragland?) who said/did something inappropriately. I don't think Hartwell apologized for USU doing anything wrong.
Thats what I thought initially as well, but they just run right by him. It looks like Ragland never made it around the corner.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » March 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm

newhouse9 wrote:So, I believe that whatever occurred between Ragland and the Nevada coach/GA was communicated in the Nevada locker room. That set off Caroline who clearly was having "short fuse" issues. Nothing else makes sense.

Nevada staff is running towards something before Caroline. Something was going on...

Twitter: UtahStizzle

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 4th, 2019, 8:39 pm

UtahStizzle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm
newhouse9 wrote:So, I believe that whatever occurred between Ragland and the Nevada coach/GA was communicated in the Nevada locker room. That set off Caroline who clearly was having "short fuse" issues. Nothing else makes sense.

Nevada staff is running towards something before Caroline. Something was going on...
Good job standing up for USU to musselmans wife on twitter. Totally uncalled for on her part.
These users thanked the author MrBiggle for the post:
akaggie

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 4th, 2019, 8:40 pm

UtahStizzle wrote:

There was a Nevada staffer who went around the corner for about 30 seconds. When he came back around the corner, I can only imagine he said something that caused the reaction. Or they heard something echoing down the hall.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » March 4th, 2019, 8:41 pm

Is that a Nevada staffer that comes around at the end, right before they rush past man bun? I couldn't figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheSauerkrautKid

Post by TheSauerkrautKid » March 4th, 2019, 8:41 pm

But the question remains, what exactly happened off camera, and what about it made them so angry?

Next time... on Serial.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 4th, 2019, 8:42 pm

jpswensen wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:40 pm
UtahStizzle wrote:

There was a Nevada staffer who went around the corner for about 30 seconds. When he came back around the corner, I can only imagine he said something that caused the reaction. Or they heard something echoing down the hall.
....like the dulcet tones of Neil Diamond?
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
freakboy

diddy

Post by diddy » March 4th, 2019, 8:46 pm

usufan1 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Ridiculous how giddy Nisre ZouZoua is as his team charges down the hall. ImageImageImage

Ah man this guy was a homie. We yelled at him all game and he would just laugh and was having fun with us. He must just like conflict.
These users thanked the author diddy for the post (total 2):
donlarson8Aggie_in_Idaho

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » March 4th, 2019, 8:47 pm

diddy wrote:
usufan1 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Ah man this guy was a homie. We yelled at him all game and he would just laugh and was having fun with us. He must just like conflict.
I agree. I like that he thinks it's funny

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ozzie1p

Post by ozzie1p » March 4th, 2019, 8:47 pm

It looked like sweet caroline (I'll call him sweet C for short) was purposely delaying for something. He just did not want to get into that locker room. He looked like a coiled spring just waiting for someone to set him off. He probably thought he heard something and that's all it took.... somebody could have come in the tunnel and yelled "Go Aggie's".

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 4th, 2019, 8:54 pm

For those of you who don’t want to watch the full videos, ksl provided a pretty good condensed version.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 4th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Still blown away by Musselman and his lack of response.

Very impressed by the level headedness of trey porter. And the player smiling is pretty funny imo. Like I’ve been saying the problem starts with the head. And by his reaction to entire thing both in the video and the past couple of days I think it stinks.

Locked Previous topicNext topic