Porter and Bean

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 608 times

Porter and Bean

Post by SLB » February 26th, 2019, 8:32 pm

1st half stats
Despite no points
9 Rebounds
2 Assists
1 Steal
Wow
Bean had almost a double-double in the 2nd half
Porter had 10 rebounds and 5 assists.
Last edited by SLB on February 26th, 2019, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.



SLB
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by SLB » February 26th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Taylor had a double-double.



Intermeddler
Posts: 2260
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Intermeddler » February 26th, 2019, 9:42 pm

Taylor, Bean, Porter, and Brito were huge tonight

Miller was really bad on both ends. Merrill struggled from deep but played well otherwise. Queta was limited. Had to have those guys step up and they did.



SLB
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by SLB » February 26th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 9:42 pm
Taylor, Bean, Porter, and Brito were huge tonight

Miller was really bad on both ends. Merrill struggled from deep but played well otherwise. Queta was limited. Had to have those guys step up and they did.
I felt like late in the game that Bean and Porter were getting double-doubles.



usufan1
Posts: 595
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by usufan1 » February 26th, 2019, 9:51 pm

If this team is going to go on a run and win more games this season they need to do just as they did tonight with Merrill not having a huge night. He's not always going to be able to be the main offensive threat as teams key in on him.

It's great that other players stepped up and were able to contribute the way they did.

If Sam had an off game like this in December I'm not sure we would have won. This team has come a long ways during the season and especially conference play. Kudos to Coach Smith and his staff!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5759
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 818 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Aglicious » February 26th, 2019, 10:16 pm

I was so glad to see Brown get some PT early too. He really made a difference with his physical defense and ability to add to the transition game in open court. I wish we would have seen him again in the 2nd half.



ChicagoAggie
Posts: 1196
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by ChicagoAggie » February 26th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Aglicious wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 10:16 pm
I was so glad to see Brown get some PT early too. He really made a difference with his physical defense and ability to add to the transition game in open court. I wish we would have seen him again in the 2nd half.
The lineup I'd like to see more often is Queta, Bean, Brown, Brito and Merrill, especially against more athletic teams.
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post:
rileys1958



utaggies
Posts: 5470
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by utaggies » February 26th, 2019, 11:25 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 9:42 pm
Taylor, Bean, Porter, and Brito were huge tonight

Miller was really bad on both ends. Merrill struggled from deep but played well otherwise. Queta was limited. Had to have those guys step up and they did.
Is Miller becoming superfluous? He can’t defend well and he is mostly one-dimensional offensively. The Aggies took off when he was out of the game. Bean is going to take more minutes away from him going forward.

BTW, if you’d have told me before the game that Miller would be held scoreless, that Sam would go 1 for 9 on three’s, and that Queta would be saddled with four fouls and would not see the floor for the last 12 minutes of the game, I would have thought we would have suffered a double-diget loss. Crazy!
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post:
Intermeddler



Aggie-Man
Posts: 292
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Aggie-Man » February 26th, 2019, 11:36 pm

Image



ususports
Posts: 1696
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 522 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by ususports » February 26th, 2019, 11:44 pm

You guys are all ignoring that Bean's and Porter's minutes came in garbage time against a crappy opponent. Just wait until league play starts and they face real athletic Mountain West type talent. You will see how over-matched they will be, and their stats will really suffer. Those of us with high basketball IQ know these things.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 3):
MetsJetsAggiesChicAggiesuperheroboy



User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1544
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 516 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by MrBiggle » February 26th, 2019, 11:46 pm

Aggie-Man wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:36 pm
Image
I was hoping someone would have a pic of that guy.


Where only sage brush grows

MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 7792
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 26th, 2019, 11:47 pm

But...but walk ons!!



SLB
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by SLB » February 26th, 2019, 11:52 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:47 pm
But...but walk ons!!
LOL
Bean and Porter have been awesome this year.



Blue23
Posts: 43
Joined: February 14th, 2019, 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Blue23 » February 27th, 2019, 12:32 am

ususports wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:44 pm
You guys are all ignoring that Bean's and Porter's minutes came in garbage time against a crappy opponent. Just wait until league play starts and they face real athletic Mountain West type talent. You will see how over-matched they will be, and their stats will really suffer. Those of us with high basketball IQ know these things.
Except both of them have had big moments in other games that were closer than this and helped pull off those wins. We can talk about how athletic and talented every other team in the conference is all day long, but if athleticism was so important and critical to success, then we wouldn't be sitting 2nd in the conference. This team isn't what anybody would call very athletic, but there's other ways to win games and they're proving that. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be excited about that.



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 7792
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 364 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 27th, 2019, 12:35 am

Blue23 wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 12:32 am
ususports wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:44 pm
You guys are all ignoring that Bean's and Porter's minutes came in garbage time against a crappy opponent. Just wait until league play starts and they face real athletic Mountain West type talent. You will see how over-matched they will be, and their stats will really suffer. Those of us with high basketball IQ know these things.
Except both of them have had big moments in other games that were closer than this and helped pull off those wins. We can talk about how athletic and talented every other team in the conference is all day long, but if athleticism was so important and critical to success, then we wouldn't be sitting 2nd in the conference. This team isn't what anybody would call very athletic, but there's other ways to win games and they're proving that. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be excited about that.
Whooooooosh



ususports
Posts: 1696
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 522 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by ususports » February 27th, 2019, 1:18 am

Blue23 wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 12:32 am
ususports wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:44 pm
You guys are all ignoring that Bean's and Porter's minutes came in garbage time against a crappy opponent. Just wait until league play starts and they face real athletic Mountain West type talent. You will see how over-matched they will be, and their stats will really suffer. Those of us with high basketball IQ know these things.
Except both of them have had big moments in other games that were closer than this and helped pull off those wins. We can talk about how athletic and talented every other team in the conference is all day long, but if athleticism was so important and critical to success, then we wouldn't be sitting 2nd in the conference. This team isn't what anybody would call very athletic, but there's other ways to win games and they're proving that. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be excited about that.
:sarcasm:



Intermeddler
Posts: 2260
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Intermeddler » February 27th, 2019, 1:30 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:47 pm
But...but walk ons!!
Need to be recruited over for us to compete in the MW.



dogie
Posts: 3129
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by dogie » February 27th, 2019, 4:37 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:47 pm
But...but walk ons!!
They are the exceptions that prove the rule.
;)



Murkymerk
Posts: 250
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 10:53 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Murkymerk » February 27th, 2019, 7:17 am

No BBall walkon is ever going to be enough and never has been enough in over 50 years I've been watching USU. Time to get better players than Taylor, Bean, and Porter. If the scholarship guys aren't better, get rid of them. In BBall, you can replace all 13 players if you want.



Aggie-Man
Posts: 292
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Aggie-Man » February 27th, 2019, 8:18 am

Murkymerk wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 7:17 am
No BBall walkon is ever going to be enough and never has been enough in over 50 years I've been watching USU. Time to get better players than Taylor, Bean, and Porter. If the scholarship guys aren't better, get rid of them. In BBall, you can replace all 13 players if you want.

I hope I just missed the sarcasm meter....



Murkymerk
Posts: 250
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 10:53 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Murkymerk » February 27th, 2019, 8:23 am

Aggie-Man wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 8:18 am
Murkymerk wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 7:17 am
No BBall walkon is ever going to be enough and never has been enough in over 50 years I've been watching USU. Time to get better players than Taylor, Bean, and Porter. If the scholarship guys aren't better, get rid of them. In BBall, you can replace all 13 players if you want.

I hope I just missed the sarcasm meter....
I was just quoting the best basketball mind this forum, and possibly the world, has ever seen.
These users thanked the author Murkymerk for the post:
dirtnsnow



Aggie-Man
Posts: 292
Joined: December 10th, 2016, 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Aggie-Man » February 27th, 2019, 8:49 am

Ah yes. that's what I thought. :)



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by ChicAggie » February 27th, 2019, 11:31 am

ususports wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:44 pm
You guys are all ignoring that Bean's and Porter's minutes came in garbage time against a crappy opponent. Just wait until league play starts and they face real athletic Mountain West type talent. You will see how over-matched they will be, and their stats will really suffer. Those of us with high basketball IQ know these things.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My reaction to several posters who have replied to this and similar posts: "Oh my. It seems that some posters are visiting this forum for the very first time."


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Blue23
Posts: 43
Joined: February 14th, 2019, 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by Blue23 » February 27th, 2019, 11:51 am

ususports wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 1:18 am
Blue23 wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 12:32 am
ususports wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:44 pm
You guys are all ignoring that Bean's and Porter's minutes came in garbage time against a crappy opponent. Just wait until league play starts and they face real athletic Mountain West type talent. You will see how over-matched they will be, and their stats will really suffer. Those of us with high basketball IQ know these things.
Except both of them have had big moments in other games that were closer than this and helped pull off those wins. We can talk about how athletic and talented every other team in the conference is all day long, but if athleticism was so important and critical to success, then we wouldn't be sitting 2nd in the conference. This team isn't what anybody would call very athletic, but there's other ways to win games and they're proving that. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be excited about that.
:sarcasm:
My bad :noidea:



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6075
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 351 times

Re: Porter and Bean

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 27th, 2019, 10:18 pm





Locked Previous topicNext topic