Dima Zdor

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Dima Zdor

Post by aggies1 » April 8th, 2018, 8:54 am

This is the first thing i have seen about a Utah state offer from coach smith. From twitter:

ChicAggie

Re: Dima Zdor

Post by ChicAggie » April 8th, 2018, 9:12 am

:thumbsup:

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

utaggies

Post by utaggies » April 8th, 2018, 9:44 am

aggies1 wrote: ↑
April 8th, 2018, 8:54 am
This is the first thing i have seen about a Utah state offer from coach smith. From twitter:

Great week for 6'10 unsigned senior PF Dima Zdor! New Head Coach Craig Smith reconfirmed Utah State's offer. Also received offers from Coastal Carolina and Austin Peay. Extremely high ceiling. πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―
I;m not thrilled about the competition we;re going up against, but right now we need bigs in a bad way.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 8th, 2018, 9:52 am

Thin but more athletic and active than Janice.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 8th, 2018, 10:04 am

Michigan brought him in for an unofficial visit.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 8th, 2018, 8:29 pm

I wonder how many Techs he received for doing those pull-ups on the rim after every dunk...

I like the attitude as long as each dunk isn't negated by two free throws on the other end.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 8th, 2018, 8:36 pm

treesap32 wrote: ↑
April 8th, 2018, 8:29 pm
I wonder how many Techs he received for doing those pull-ups on the rim after every dunk...

I like the attitude as long as each dunk isn't negated by two free throws on the other end.
It was nice to see a guy looking to dunk it when he got the chance. How many dunks did Janicek have in the entire season?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 8th, 2018, 9:01 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote: ↑
April 8th, 2018, 8:36 pm

It was nice to see a guy looking to dunk it when he got the chance. How many dunks did Janicek have in the entire season?
I don't like to bash on Janicek cause I think he gets too much of it undeservedly on here, but his is not a good leaper / dunker. He does some things well, like his hook shots and finishing at the rim. His shooting percentages were actually great. I like to focus on that. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute at some point.

dogie

Post by dogie » April 8th, 2018, 9:19 pm

April 8th, 2018, 9:01 pm

I don't like to bash on Janicek cause I think he gets too much of it undeservedly on here, but his is not a good leaper / dunker. He does some things well, like his hook shots and finishing at the rim. His shooting percentages were actually great. I like to focus on that. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute at some point.
Bilal Begic, now he could dunk.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 8th, 2018, 9:19 pm

dogie wrote: ↑
April 8th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Bilal Begic, now he could dunk.
Yep. His career point total for dunks was -2 while at Utah State.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 8th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Zdor has that same feisty spirit around the basket and going to the hoop that Collette had when he was here. Janicek does have some positives to his game, but his game is just so ill-suited for the new age of basketball that requires bigs to be able to run the floor, guard athletic stretch 4s and manage pick and rolls, and to be able to score in a variety of ways. I shouldn't be so hard on Janicek when his only crime was to accept a D1 scholarship offered to him by Duryea.

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » April 9th, 2018, 3:11 pm

April 8th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Zdor has that same feisty spirit around the basket and going to the hoop that Collette had when he was here. Janicek does have some positives to his game, but his game is just so ill-suited for the new age of basketball that requires bigs to be able to run the floor, guard athletic stretch 4s and manage pick and rolls, and to be able to score in a variety of ways. I shouldn't be so hard on Janicek when his only crime was to accept a D1 scholarship offered to him by Duryea.
Other than his height what positives does Janicek have to his game?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 9th, 2018, 3:57 pm

thansen wrote: ↑
April 9th, 2018, 3:11 pm

Read my post that you quoted. His offensive game was actually very efficient. Limited, yes, but efficient none the less.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » April 9th, 2018, 8:31 pm

thansen wrote:

Fairly reliable low post scorer. Often caused teams to double team him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » April 9th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Maybe I didn't watch enough USU Basketball 2 yrs ago or maybe I missed the games where he was an offensive threat and had to be double teamed. I'll give him the NV game and some early games against weak opponents.

Locked Previous topicNext topic