WOW!!!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdidwhat

WOW!!!

Post by aggiesdidwhat » March 28th, 2018, 12:03 am

I just did a search in YouTube : Craig Smith + Utah state Aggies.

Found the video of the presser! I'm officially back on board! I'm so happy I can't even put it into words. If you're an aggie fan and you're not excited. It's because your probably very emotionally close to the old coach. Which is OK.

Go Aggies!

SaintAggie

Re: WOW!!!

Post by SaintAggie » March 28th, 2018, 9:04 am

I will admit that press conference was very enough to get me excited. I didn't even realize how much I wanted more energy in the program.

RivertonAG

Post by RivertonAG » March 28th, 2018, 9:08 am

Coach Smith = Human Red Bull! Unbelievable energy.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » March 28th, 2018, 9:41 am

Man he's a high energy dude. Triple A personality. I can see why he says his teams will be on attack because that's him. Seems very genuine and likeable. Just when I got thinking he might be a little too Rah Rah? At the end of the presser he laid out some technical strategy and practice stuff that drew me right back in.

His South Dakota introduction presser is there and I didn't have time to watch it, but it would be interesting to see it and compare.

I like him. I think the players will want to play for him. He dropped a lot of big school names and said he wants to play big time opponents. Players and fans are gonna love hearing that schools like Duke and UCLA are on our schedule

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » March 28th, 2018, 9:46 am

He is so fun to listen to. He seems like a great coach and even better person whose players would take a bullet for him. I think our FB coach could learn a lot from this man

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » March 28th, 2018, 10:11 am

Elkaggie wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 9:46 am
He is so fun to listen to. He seems like a great coach and even better person whose players would take a bullet for him. I think our FB coach could learn a lot from this man
I thought the exact same thing. With Wells it's arrogance not infectious energy. It seems like he was confident at the start but the position has drained the life out of him. I'm hoping Love will be successful to the point that he can overcome Wells and Spicolli's inept coaching.

I'd bet that Smith is going to bring the meat of his SD staff here. He has to get his message out to the players, it's going to be a lot easier to do that when he has his coaches already on board. This looks like a great hire. He want's to build a program. We aren't going to the top next year, "short cuts cut you short," but he also says he wants to win and doesn't like moral victories..... Then he went on to point out a bunch of moral victories hahahahah.
Last edited by El Sapo on March 28th, 2018, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » March 28th, 2018, 12:32 pm

First time I’ve ever wanted to watch a press conference

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 28th, 2018, 3:40 pm

All I know is the man was making me nervous just watching him behind a microphone, I can't imagine being in a huddle with him. Did he ever stop swaying or moving even once? He must have burned 2000 calories during the 51 min. conference!

Kidding aside, I agree that it is nice to see a bit of emotion from a coach at USU for once. At first, a part of me couldn't help but think that someone just shaved the rest of Duryea's head, gave him a Mutumbo voice modulator, and stuck him out there. It didn't take long though to see that this guy is genuine and really quite open about what his expectations and goals are for the program. I'm excited to see where he takes us.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » March 28th, 2018, 4:01 pm

He talks so loud that maybe we should be worried about the other teams overhearing him when he’s in a huddle

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

usufan5477
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by usufan5477 » March 28th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Wow!!!! is right!!!!!! 4 years at South Dakota and not one NCAA tourney. We hired a stud. This was a big time hire by Hartwell. Like he said he had amazing interest in this job and we would all be surprised by how much interest there was. I am surprised to say the least!!!

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 28th, 2018, 6:35 pm

usufan5477 wrote:Wow!!!! is right!!!!!! 4 years at South Dakota and not one NCAA tourney. We hired a stud. This was a big time hire by Hartwell. Like he said he had amazing interest in this job and we would all be surprised by how much interest there was. I am surprised to say the least!!!
That’s the spirit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » March 28th, 2018, 6:37 pm

I really like this highlight video posted on Twitter:

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » March 28th, 2018, 6:57 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:I really like this highlight video posted on Twitter:

Thanks for posting that!

It's great to see and hear the enthusiasm he has.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » March 28th, 2018, 7:03 pm

usufan5477 wrote:Wow!!!! is right!!!!!! 4 years at South Dakota and not one NCAA tourney. We hired a stud. This was a big time hire by Hartwell. Like he said he had amazing interest in this job and we would all be surprised by how much interest there was. I am surprised to say the least!!!
Someone's very sour. Sorry Tim. You didn't energize the fan base at all. One of my biggest beefs was that you hardly got animated on the sideline. Sometimes being too professional can bit you in the butt. But seriously, how many time outs did you leave on the floor when the other teams were running up the score? I remember screaming for time outs when it was obvious we needed one. Or how about shooting 40 3s when none of them are falling. It don't matter if they were all open, if they don't go in you have to adjust the gameplan. I don't see Smith doing the wrong thing repeatedly. He seems like the type that knows he has an opportunity to great things here. That is someone you can get behind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

stang

Post by stang » March 28th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Who hurt you?

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » March 28th, 2018, 7:31 pm

stang wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Who hurt you?
I am convinced that Coach Smith was a big time hire!!!! I congratulate those involved in making the choice and making it happen.

thansen

Post by thansen » March 28th, 2018, 8:05 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:I really like this highlight video posted on Twitter:

This video gets me so puckin fumped up for USU basketball!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what this Energizer Bunny can do for the USU Basketball Program. Mr. Smith is definitely full of energy and takes the excitement factor to a whole new level. Nice work Mr Hartwell!!! Please forgive me for all my previous negative comments and impatient attitude.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » March 28th, 2018, 8:50 pm

Depending on how he does here, in the made for TV movie he will be played by either Vin Diesel or Gilbert Gottfried.

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » March 28th, 2018, 8:52 pm

All sarcasm aside, I can't wait to watch basketball again!

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 28th, 2018, 9:27 pm

That is exactly how many Utah State went to under TD. At least Smith got an NIT bid and CBS invite. Holy frick you are butt hurt.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 28th, 2018, 10:18 pm

usufan5477 wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 6:33 pm
Wow!!!! is right!!!!!! 4 years at South Dakota and not one NCAA tourney. We hired a stud. This was a big time hire by Hartwell. Like he said he had amazing interest in this job and we would all be surprised by how much interest there was. I am surprised to say the least!!!
He turned them around from a losing program to winning the regular season title in his 3rd year and a 26 win season in his 4th. I wouldn't have minded Dooley, but you got to keep in mind Dooley took over for a program fresh off a Sweet Sixteen season. Mark Fox would have been good, but the money wasn't there and I actually think Smith could be better than Fox. Smith has been part of turnarounds at Colorado State and Nebraska as an assistant as well as the South Dakota turnaround as a HC. He knows how to turn dust into gold.

There are no guarantees in coaching, but he sure checks the boxes of what I would have wanted to see, and the coaching search this time around was far more competently done than last time.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » March 28th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:
He turned them around from a losing program to winning the regular season title in his 3rd year and a 26 win season in his 4th. I wouldn't have minded Dooley, but you got to keep in mind Dooley took over for a program fresh off a Sweet Sixteen season. Mark Fox would have been good, but the money wasn't there and I actually think Smith could be better than Fox. Smith has been part of turnarounds at Colorado State and Nebraska as an assistant as well as the South Dakota turnaround as a HC. He knows how to turn dust into gold.

There are no guarantees in coaching, but he sure checks the boxes of what I would have wanted to see, and the coaching search this time around was far more competently done than last time.
You’re missing the mark with the Dooley reference. Tim here aka 5477 wanted Rahe. Probably because he knew Randy would bring him back on as an assistant at USU.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » March 28th, 2018, 10:46 pm

usufan5477 wrote:
You know mr 5477 (usufan), we love all of our Aggie brothers. I encourage you to read this link below.

https://www.theworkingcentre.org/stages ... s-grieving

The sooner you can get to the stage of acceptance the sooner you will feel better.

The following videos should start helping you feel better.

These are why a change was made, it was necessary and has 99.9% support of the rest of the alumni, students, and community. I recommend venting to someone who will listen to you. The people on here care about the direction of our athletics success, wait you will see this was better than the status quo. Maybe take a break from posting for a month. This might be therapeutic for you.

ProfessorChaos

Post by ProfessorChaos » March 29th, 2018, 11:14 am

usufan5477 wrote:
5477, Tim Duryea is undeniably a hell of a person, who has given a lot to Utah State University as a basketball coach. Looking at things objectively, I'm still torn with conflict of having to be critical of his coaching and the overall state of the program. So I completely understand being hurt by the idea of seeing somebody like him removed from the position of head coach. Even Hartwell stated from the beginning that it was a very difficult move to make because of the overall character of Duryea as a person. He's an Aggie, through and through, and it hurts to see someone like that be let go.

Outstanding as he is as a person, and as much as he gave as an assistant for all those years, there are a handful of aspects that I think a majority of people saw as huge concerns with Duryea moving forward, that I'd be curious to know your take on how or why you thought they would either improve, or were outright excusable... (And again, keep in mind, I'm coming from a place of REALLY wanting to see Duryea thrive and do great things.)

1. Overall record.

Record in Year 1 is about the same as in Year 3. Progression was not happening. It's also important to consider that even despite losing David Collette in that first year, that roster was STACKED with returning players with the likes of Jalen Moore, Chris Smith, Darius Perkins, Julion Pearre, all coming off VERY promising seasons the year prior. Then throw in the additions of Shane Rector and Lew Evans, and that season should have easily surpassed the results of the year prior. Instead, USU went from an 18-13 record (11-7 in MWC) to 16-15 (7-11 in MWC).
Year 2 was an understandable step backward after losing Smith, Perkins, and Evans. But that still doesn't negate the expectation for development and progression for what should have been a big Year 3.
Year 3 ended up being mostly a disappointment though. Yes there were injuries, but there also was no depth recruited at certain positions as either starters or reserves. Scholarships were given to several people players who seemed nowhere close to MWC-level players. That's on the coach to put those players in place, and it's on the coach to develop the pieces that you have.

2. Player development.

Literally only one player over the course of three years made significant strides from one season to the next. That was Sam Merrill this past year. Chris Smith is probably the next closest thing, then probably Diogo Brito, which is not a great example of one of a coach's best success stories. You can't progress as a program if only one player per season takes significant strides forward.
Jalen Moore still had a fantastic career, but his numbers as a senior weren't much different than his numbers as a sophomore. Darius Perkins took a decent step backward in his second season. Same with Shane Rector. Julion Pearre barely improved from his freshman to sophomore seasons, then took a major regression in his third year. Quinn Taylor has shown flashes of brilliance here and there throughout three seasons now, but never with any consistency. A highly sought-after big man recruit in Ngor Barnaba could never be coached into contributing in any way. Even Koby Mcewen's numbers from freshman-to-sophomore seasons are almost even with each other.
Players simply were not getting significantly better, and oftentimes, not improving at all. A majority of that falls on coaching, whether it be from a teaching standpoint, or from the aspect of recruiting the kinds of players who want to improve and get better. Either way, in college athletics, the coach is the captain of the whole ship.

3. Inconsistency.

Despite the high regard I hold Duryea in as a person, the inconsistency of the team the last 3 years, both in-game and game-to-game, is probably the most glaring concern.

No doubt, there were a couple pretty impressive and memorable wins over the last 3 years. There were every bit as many, if not significantly more losses that are pretty much inexcusable. In Year 1 you have a nice little road win at Missouri State, followed immediately with double-digit losses at BYU and at home to UC Irvine. Later on you've got a near-upset at home over SDSU, followed up by blowout losses at home to Boise State and at New Mexico.
Year 2 saw a great home win against Nevada, followed up a week later with a blowout loss to CSU. There was also a home loss to Indiana State in the mix too.
Year 3 is where it probably got to be the worst, which is even more concerning. You've got an impressive road performance against Gonzaga, followed up immediately with a loss to Portland State, and a week later, a loss to Valparaiso.
You've got a nice road win over UNLV, followed up with four straight losses, two of which were at home to conference teams that USU should be beating at home.
Then you have another nice win, beating Boise State at home, followed again by four straight losses, including the games against Air Force and SJSU.

And all of that is without mentioning how in seemingly almost every game, USU's offense would turn completely non-existent for long stretches of the second half. The inability to keep opposing teams from going on a big second half run never improved from year 1 to year 3, all the while the overall consistency of the team's play seemed to get worse in that span. There was literally nothing to indicate that this would ever improve based on three years of sample size. And along that same stretch, USU seemed to lose every big home game that finally got the students to turn up in even decent numbers to games.

The inconsistency only got worse as time went on, and that is a major concern.

4. In-state and the former WAC

Duryea's record against in-state teams was 3-6 over a 3-year span. Two of those were over lowly UVU, which means USU was 1-6 against Weber State, BYU, and Utah. I don't find that acceptable.

Then look at the record against some of the former WAC conference mates that were ever relevant (Nevada, Boise State, Fresno St... SJSU was never relevant so we're leaving them out)
Over 3 seasons, USU was 6-13 against Nevada, Boise State, and Fresno State.
In the final 3 seasons all of us were together in the WAC, USU was 20-2 against these teams.

For a program that has slipped so far down, while teams we used to dominate have taken drastic upward trends, that is a trajectory that indicates a hard-shift is needed.

In summary:

Considering all those factors... The slumping records, the offensive power-outages, the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the team that was far more often yielding unfavorable results, the lack of player development, and a three-year program highlight being a conference tournament quarterfinal win, I'm curious to know what is it about Duryea's coaching that YOU believe was taking this program back to the level of a perennial conference juggernaut with NCAA Tournament expectations?

thansen

Post by thansen » March 29th, 2018, 7:19 pm

ProfessorChaos wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:
5477, Tim Duryea is undeniably a hell of a person, who has given a lot to Utah State University as a basketball coach. Looking at things objectively, I'm still torn with conflict of having to be critical of his coaching and the overall state of the program. So I completely understand being hurt by the idea of seeing somebody like him removed from the position of head coach. Even Hartwell stated from the beginning that it was a very difficult move to make because of the overall character of Duryea as a person. He's an Aggie, through and through, and it hurts to see someone like that be let go.

Outstanding as he is as a person, and as much as he gave as an assistant for all those years, there are a handful of aspects that I think a majority of people saw as huge concerns with Duryea moving forward, that I'd be curious to know your take on how or why you thought they would either improve, or were outright excusable... (And again, keep in mind, I'm coming from a place of REALLY wanting to see Duryea thrive and do great things.)

1. Overall record.

Record in Year 1 is about the same as in Year 3. Progression was not happening. It's also important to consider that even despite losing David Collette in that first year, that roster was STACKED with returning players with the likes of Jalen Moore, Chris Smith, Darius Perkins, Julion Pearre, all coming off VERY promising seasons the year prior. Then throw in the additions of Shane Rector and Lew Evans, and that season should have easily surpassed the results of the year prior. Instead, USU went from an 18-13 record (11-7 in MWC) to 16-15 (7-11 in MWC).
Year 2 was an understandable step backward after losing Smith, Perkins, and Evans. But that still doesn't negate the expectation for development and progression for what should have been a big Year 3.
Year 3 ended up being mostly a disappointment though. Yes there were injuries, but there also was no depth recruited at certain positions as either starters or reserves. Scholarships were given to several people players who seemed nowhere close to MWC-level players. That's on the coach to put those players in place, and it's on the coach to develop the pieces that you have.

2. Player development.

Literally only one player over the course of three years made significant strides from one season to the next. That was Sam Merrill this past year. Chris Smith is probably the next closest thing, then probably Diogo Brito, which is not a great example of one of a coach's best success stories. You can't progress as a program if only one player per season takes significant strides forward.
Jalen Moore still had a fantastic career, but his numbers as a senior weren't much different than his numbers as a sophomore. Darius Perkins took a decent step backward in his second season. Same with Shane Rector. Julion Pearre barely improved from his freshman to sophomore seasons, then took a major regression in his third year. Quinn Taylor has shown flashes of brilliance here and there throughout three seasons now, but never with any consistency. A highly sought-after big man recruit in Ngor Barnaba could never be coached into contributing in any way. Even Koby Mcewen's numbers from freshman-to-sophomore seasons are almost even with each other.
Players simply were not getting significantly better, and oftentimes, not improving at all. A majority of that falls on coaching, whether it be from a teaching standpoint, or from the aspect of recruiting the kinds of players who want to improve and get better. Either way, in college athletics, the coach is the captain of the whole ship.

3. Inconsistency.

Despite the high regard I hold Duryea in as a person, the inconsistency of the team the last 3 years, both in-game and game-to-game, is probably the most glaring concern.

No doubt, there were a couple pretty impressive and memorable wins over the last 3 years. There were every bit as many, if not significantly more losses that are pretty much inexcusable. In Year 1 you have a nice little road win at Missouri State, followed immediately with double-digit losses at BYU and at home to UC Irvine. Later on you've got a near-upset at home over SDSU, followed up by blowout losses at home to Boise State and at New Mexico.
Year 2 saw a great home win against Nevada, followed up a week later with a blowout loss to CSU. There was also a home loss to Indiana State in the mix too.
Year 3 is where it probably got to be the worst, which is even more concerning. You've got an impressive road performance against Gonzaga, followed up immediately with a loss to Portland State, and a week later, a loss to Valparaiso.
You've got a nice road win over UNLV, followed up with four straight losses, two of which were at home to conference teams that USU should be beating at home.
Then you have another nice win, beating Boise State at home, followed again by four straight losses, including the games against Air Force and SJSU.

And all of that is without mentioning how in seemingly almost every game, USU's offense would turn completely non-existent for long stretches of the second half. The inability to keep opposing teams from going on a big second half run never improved from year 1 to year 3, all the while the overall consistency of the team's play seemed to get worse in that span. There was literally nothing to indicate that this would ever improve based on three years of sample size. And along that same stretch, USU seemed to lose every big home game that finally got the students to turn up in even decent numbers to games.

Duryea's record against in-state teams was 3-6 over a 3-year span. Two of those were over lowly UVU, which means USU was 1-6 against Weber State, BYU, and Utah. I don't find that acceptable.

Then look at the record against some of the former WAC conference mates that were ever relevant (Nevada, Boise State, Fresno St... SJSU was never relevant so we're leaving them out)
In the final 3 seasons all of us were together in the WAC, USU was 20-2 against these teams.

For a program that has slipped so far down, while teams we used to dominate have taken drastic upward trends, that is a trajectory that indicates a hard-shift is needed.

In summary:

Considering all those factors... The slumping records, the offensive power-outages, the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the team that was far more often yielding unfavorable results, the lack of player development, and a three-year program highlight being a conference tournament quarterfinal win, I'm curious to know what is it about Duryea's coaching that YOU believe was taking this program back to the level of a perennial conference juggernaut with NCAA Tournament expectations?
Damn fine job breaking everything down and explaining the last three years and the reasons for letting Duryea go. You may want to consider writing for the Mountain West Wire. I agree Duryea is a great person. He gave all he had but unfortunately he was not the right guy for the position.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mormoninvegas

Post by mormoninvegas » March 29th, 2018, 7:36 pm

5477 is not Tim, I know that for sure, he/she must be friends with Tim. Tim is very excited for Smith and the future of USU basketball, and only had great things to say about Smith. Yea he was very disappointed but Tim is 100% Aggie and has continued to work with the Smith and Spencer to ensure the players stay at USU (classy move for sure) and the recruiting knowledge does not get lost. Tim has been nothing but a class act in the coach transition which has made me respect him more. I just wish he could have won more games.
ProfessorChaos wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 11:14 am
usufan5477 wrote:

1. Overall record.

2. Player development.

3. Inconsistency.

In summary:

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » March 29th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Awesome write-up, Professor! You captured my sentiments about Duryea wonderfully well. He was like Brent Guy: a really nice, good person who just didn’t have what was needed for real success on the court. I wasn’t optimistic at his hire, but really wanted him to succeed. I really had very little enjoyment of Aggie basketball the last two seasons, to the point of deciding not to renew my season tickets. After the press conference, my tickets are renewed. Go Aggies, go Coach Smith, and may the Duryeas and Wilsons and all others find appropriate opportunities in their futures.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 29th, 2018, 7:52 pm

usufan5477 wrote:
It is shameful that you can conduct yourself with the same class as Coach Duryea has.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » March 29th, 2018, 8:36 pm

mormoninvegas wrote:5477 is not Tim, I know that for sure, he/she must be friends with Tim. Tim is very excited for Smith and the future of USU basketball, and only had great things to say about Smith. Yea he was very disappointed but Tim is 100% Aggie and has continued to work with the Smith and Spencer to ensure the players stay at USU (classy move for sure) and the recruiting knowledge does not get lost. Tim has been nothing but a class act in the coach transition which has made me respect him more. I just wish he could have won more games.
ProfessorChaos wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:

1. Overall record.

2. Player development.

3. Inconsistency.

In summary:

That's great to hear and I would expect none the less from Tim. He has had a great run here and it is sad he couldn't be more successful. I hope he finds success wherever he lands. Best wishes all the way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 29th, 2018, 8:57 pm

mormoninvegas wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 7:36 pm
5477 is not Tim, I know that for sure, he/she must be friends with Tim. Tim is very excited for Smith and the future of USU basketball, and only had great things to say about Smith. Yea he was very disappointed but Tim is 100% Aggie and has continued to work with the Smith and Spencer to ensure the players stay at USU (classy move for sure) and the recruiting knowledge does not get lost. Tim has been nothing but a class act in the coach transition which has made me respect him more. I just wish he could have won more games.
ProfessorChaos wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:

1. Overall record.

2. Player development.

3. Inconsistency.

In summary:

Tim Duryea is a stand-up dude. I have tons of respect for the guy. I wish him nothing but the best wherever life takes him.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 30th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Good to hear Duryea has handled himself well during the transition. People are obviously joking when they refer to usufan5477 as Duryea although I believe he is either a personal friend or someone connected to him in a more serious way than just being a fan of his coaching. He was upset that we didn't pay Duryea more when he got hired and has been an apologist every step of the way until this point including being critical of the current hire. As an Aggie fan I'm happy with the coaching change, but I never met Duryea. For usufan5477 it is probably a tough blow to see someone you are close with lose their dream job. I sympathize with him in that respect.

Locked Previous topicNext topic