Jared Stutzman

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Jared Stutzman

Post by aggies1 » February 18th, 2016, 11:06 am

So, I don't know if we would be interested in Jared for next year, but I believe we offered him out of high school. He signed with San Francisco and has now asked for and been given a release.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/119594

Brian Stutzman
‏@BrianJStutzman
Jared Stutzman ending mission April 5, has opened up his recruiting, looking to play basketball somewhere with some lds students on campus

Rex Walters
‏@USFBBallCoach
Jared Stutzman has asked for a release from his NLI for Religious Reasons. Scott Sidwell is granting his release and we wish Jared well!

aggieguy13

Re: Jared Stutzman

Post by aggieguy13 » February 18th, 2016, 11:15 am

Interesting. Why did he end up at San Francisco if Utah, USU and Weber offered him? Did everyone cool on him?

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » February 18th, 2016, 12:02 pm

I've heard this kid can really play, but had a little bit of a helicopter parent.

GUS

Post by GUS » February 18th, 2016, 12:34 pm

That Rivals picture looks like it was taken when he was 14.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 18th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Based on who we are now offering and signing, I think we are recruiting a different level of athlete than what he has to offer. He would have been a great Stew recruit though.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » February 18th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Kid can shoot the 3 but I don't know that we have need or room for another player with his skill set and I tend to agree with aggies22, we really need to continue to look at higher caliber overall athletes if we want to compete at the top. He looks like a nice WCC level player, perhaps BYU can find room for him as yet another chucker in the lineup.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » February 18th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Aglicious wrote:Kid can shoot the 3 but I don't know that we have need or room for another player with his skill set and I tend to agree with aggies22, we really need to continue to look at higher caliber overall athletes if we want to compete at the top. He looks like a nice WCC level player, perhaps BYU can find room for him as yet another chucker in the lineup.
Athletic ability is one thing . . Nasty is another. We have lost the nasty over the past 4 years or so. It's not surprising that with Taylor playing more -- a little nasty has helped in the lineup even though he's not that talented. There is always room for a great 3 point shooter that plays with a big chip on his shoulder and a lot of nasty.

So I don't know if Stutzman plays tough, but that's where I'd start.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » February 18th, 2016, 1:16 pm

Hopefully he went to a mission that fed him well. The bio shows him at 6'5", and 160 lbs.

That my friends is the skinniest kid I have ever seen on this board.

usufan5477
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by usufan5477 » February 18th, 2016, 2:55 pm

We need a good juco wing and a good juco big next year and we will be set!

bullshot

Post by bullshot » February 18th, 2016, 3:11 pm

Has a missionary ever come home and not wanted to go to the Y?, USU, or the U? I would think there would be some that would welcome a reprieve from the rigors of spiritual domination?

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » February 19th, 2016, 5:48 am

Aglicious wrote:Kid can shoot the 3 but I don't know that we have need or room for another player with his skill set and I tend to agree with aggies22, we really need to continue to look at higher caliber overall athletes if we want to compete at the top. He looks like a nice WCC level player, perhaps BYU can find room for him as yet another chucker in the lineup.
Perhaps it has already happened, maybe he is just another kid that was waiting for BYU to offer. Would not surprise me if there has already been some "reaching out" to the parent.

If I where San Francisco I would restrict his release to anywhere but a WCC school.

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » February 19th, 2016, 8:01 am

USUBlue wrote:
Athletic ability is one thing . . Nasty is another. We have lost the nasty over the past 4 years or so. It's not surprising that with Taylor playing more -- a little nasty has helped in the lineup even though he's not that talented. There is always room for a great 3 point shooter that plays with a big chip on his shoulder and a lot of nasty.

So I don't know if Stutzman plays tough, but that's where I'd start.
I completely agree about the needed nasty. I would be evaluating his personality along with his basketball talent. If he is soft we don't need him. I am hoping some of our new recruits, specifically Merrill, Stall, and Mcwean all have some nasty and will to win because that is exactly what this team is missing.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » February 19th, 2016, 1:44 pm

swishh_15 wrote:I've heard this kid can really play, but had a little bit of a helicopter parent.
I know both parents of this kid. His dad was in a bishopric of a student ward I was in, his dad is also tall but a bit husky so I think the kid has potential to put on some weight.

His mom was the volleyball coach for Bonneville High and was VERY competitive. She is also tall but had a lean volleyball player build.

If I remember correctly I think both parents were BYUers so it wouldn't surprise me if Jared goes to BYU. I don't think the parents are anti-USU but most who support that other school don't claim to hate USU anyway. I'm sure there is some combination and he really would like to go to a school where he can date a mormon girl and is looking for the best offer he can get.

Rabidchild

Post by Rabidchild » February 19th, 2016, 1:48 pm

He will end up at UVU where he belongs. Maybe Weber if he is lucky.

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Locked Previous topicNext topic