Possible David Collete update

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
treesap32

Re: Possible David Collete update

Post by treesap32 » November 18th, 2015, 9:21 pm

USUBlue wrote:
frankiedoeshollywood wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
WAAggie wrote:Who was his AAU Coach?

I believe he played for Pump N Run which organization is no longer.
Wrong. Again. As always.

Not so fast -- back when he was in High School, there were 2 major AAU programs -- Salt Lake Metro and Pump N Run. He didn't play for Metro, so who did he play for smarty? Did he play for some inter-state team?
Nope. He was not on an inter-state team, nor was he on either of the squads you mentioned.

He played for the Salt Lake Rebels and his coach was Evric Gray.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 18th, 2015, 10:52 pm

treesap32 wrote:He played for the Salt Lake Rebels and his coach was Evric Gray.
Ahh. So former Runnin' Rebel Evric Gray is the villain in this story. Isn't he a security guard at whatever the hell the Jazz arena is called nowadays?

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 18th, 2015, 10:54 pm

USUBlue wrote:
aceofspadeskb wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
El Chapin wrote:For record, I support everything I've seen thus far from Coach D. He seems to have recruited successfully in the short time he's been head coach. He beat a good Weber team. I support him. I'm just a little concerned how this came out of left field and took everyone by surprise.
It didn't come out of left field. Collette told me directly in the Spring that he didn't want Duryea as his coach and didn't think he'd be very good. Duryea was very naive if he thought every player wanted him as the coach -- he should have re-recruited his own players first.
You seem like you have an agenda on Duryea blue. I understand you didn't want him. Very few did. I wasn't underwhelmed by the hire, but for the most part, I've been impressed with what he has done so far. Can we at least let him lose a game that counts before we decide he sucks?

There is no guarantee that Miss Collette would have liked any guy we hired or even would have stayed if Stew was still coaching.
No agenda, just don't have my Blue Duryea glasses on yet. I bought a pair, but Duryea's going to have to get 20 wins (soft schedule mostly this year) this year for me to wear them. As for Collette, may he rot wherever he goes.
That seems like a loft goal considering the circumstances. What are your thoughts? Can this team realistically win 20 games after losing their best post player right at the start of the season?
With the exception of a couple of big games, this year's OOC games are the worst in a long time. Duryea should go 8-3 in those games with now 4 returning starters (losses to BYU, Duke and Missouri St.); 11-7 in conference same as last year which is to be expected with a more experienced team; and at least 1 win in Conf. Tourn. There's your 20 wins and anything less than that will be a step back from last year in my opinion.
We will be favored @Missouri St.

mormoninvegas
Has thanked: 0

Post by mormoninvegas » November 18th, 2015, 11:12 pm

treesap32 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
USUBlue wrote:

Wrong. Again. As always.

Not so fast -- back when he was in High School, there were 2 major AAU programs -- Salt Lake Metro and Pump N Run. He didn't play for Metro, so who did he play for smarty? Did he play for some inter-state team?
Nope. He was not on an inter-state team, nor was he on either of the squads you mentioned.

Are you sure he did not play for Pump n Run? My brother played against him in Las Vegas at the Addidas Super 64 when David played for Pump N Run. I am not sure what the deal was but he definitely was in the game, it was famous at the tournament for some very physical play.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 18th, 2015, 11:14 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
cvaggie wrote:My guess is the connection between Ute Basketball and Mr. Collette in Britton and Jeff Johnsen.
It's his AAU coach and Tommy Connor
Is this Tommy's way to get back at us for not topping the raise he got at the U and make him our head coach? :joking:

Aggies For Life
Troll
Been thanked: 0

Post by Aggies For Life » November 18th, 2015, 11:46 pm

BigBlueAggie wrote:This whole situation sucks. But I keep getting the giggles when I picture the 6'8 220 David Collette playing against NBA power fowards, Look at some of these guys:

6. Kevin Love: 6'10 243
5. Derek Favors: 6'10 247
4. Chris Bosh: 6'11 235
3. Lamarcus Aldridge: 6'11 240
2. Anthony Davis: 6'11 238
1. Blake Griffin: 6'10 250

And ALL of these guys are faster, better athletes.

So does he try to grow into a small forward so he can play these guys?

5.Gordon Hayward: 6'8 225
4.Carmelo: 6'8 236
3. Kawhi Leonard: 6'7 229
2.Kevin Durrant: 6'10 238
1.Lebron James: 6'8 250

Most of the SMALL forwards are still taller and WAY faster than he is. So maybe he can play shooting guard or point? ;)

The NBA is a league of athletic freaks. I was never a big fan of the NBA, but last year I had a friend who is trying to convert me take me to a few games with his court-side (under the basket) tickets. He kept telling me seeing it up close is much different than TV, and boy was he right. TV does NOT do justice to the size, speed and power of NBA players. Watching Derek Favors rip down a rebound and go right back up and jam it home in amongst a bunch of other incredible athletes is quite a spectacle. Picturing Collette in that traffic is just comical.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for doing research to back it up. But I've met Colette in person, and even 6'8" is a stretch. I'd say he is an honest 6'7" at best. Also having seen NBA games in person from up close, I came to the exact same conclusions as you did. No way he has a chance at playing in the NBA. The only person similar to his size as a successful NBA power forward that I can think of is Dennis Rodman. DR actually came into the league as a small forward, and he was an absolute freak athlete. He has a jumping ability that DC will never have, and most importantly his level of toughness was such that the NBA may not see another player like that for another 50 years. When you put that into perspective, speculation of DC going to the NBA is just silly.

This is my signature.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 19th, 2015, 6:30 am

ChicAggie wrote:
treesap32 wrote:He played for the Salt Lake Rebels and his coach was Evric Gray.
Ahh. So former Runnin' Rebel Evric Gray is the villain in this story. Isn't he a security guard at whatever the hell the Jazz arena is called nowadays?
Yes

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

FuzzyDunlop

Post by FuzzyDunlop » November 19th, 2015, 7:47 am

Collette played for Utah Pump N Run in 2011. On the same team with Loveridge and Marcel Davis. 17U.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » November 19th, 2015, 8:22 am

Do a quick search on Utah aau. You will find his name under a team that was previously named pump and run.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 19th, 2015, 9:47 am

treesap32 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
USUBlue wrote:

Wrong. Again. As always.

He definitely played for pump-n-run, Sap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 19th, 2015, 12:05 pm

He played for both then. Maybe he was poached from the salt lake rebels.

ususports

Post by ususports » November 19th, 2015, 2:27 pm

USUBlue wrote:

With all of the posts verifying his mangina, I am pretty sure that his is no longer.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 19th, 2015, 2:53 pm

If I remember right, David did play at least one season for Pump N Run. Which, by the way, was a term coined by Brandon Davies I believe. .

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » November 19th, 2015, 3:34 pm

So Collette is taking career advice from a guy who became a security guard? Maybe we should have just had the local Mall Cop prepare a power point on the advantages of USU. Obviously this AAU coach is desperate for some networking or attention. He probably figured this was his way to finally get out of his mom's basement.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 19th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Chupamedia wrote:So Collette is taking career advice from a guy who became a security guard? Maybe we should have just had the local Mall Cop prepare a power point on the advantages of USU. Obviously this AAU coach is desperate for some networking or attention. He probably figured this was his way to finally get out of his mom's basement.
Don't let the posters on here confuse you -- if Collette ends up at Utah, Connor was the driving force no matter who did the reaching out to Collette's family. He's been a head coach before, he's tenacious, and will make an excellent head coach at a D1 school.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » November 19th, 2015, 3:45 pm

USUBlue wrote:
Chupamedia wrote:So Collette is taking career advice from a guy who became a security guard? Maybe we should have just had the local Mall Cop prepare a power point on the advantages of USU. Obviously this AAU coach is desperate for some networking or attention. He probably figured this was his way to finally get out of his mom's basement.
Don't let the posters on here confuse you -- if Collette ends up at Utah, Connor was the driving force no matter who did the reaching out to Collette's family. He's been a head coach before, he's tenacious, and will make an excellent head coach at a D1 school.
???? You mean my post that already mentioned that it was Connor?

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 19th, 2015, 3:51 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
No I mentioned the post I cited where reference was made to a "local Mall Cop".

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 19th, 2015, 5:13 pm

USUBlue wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
No I mentioned the post I cited where reference was made to a "local Mall Cop".
Guys, guys, please work it out. I would like to know who exactly had the knowledge that it was Connor VERY FIRST so I can give them kudos. Your message board reputations depend on it!

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 19th, 2015, 5:54 pm

treesap32 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:No I mentioned the post I cited where reference was made to a "local Mall Cop".
Guys, guys, please work it out. I would like to know who exactly had the knowledge that it was Connor VERY FIRST so I can give them kudos. Your message board reputations depend on it!
So Sap, if I get Connor to admit in writing that he was the person who tampered with Collette to go to Utah, would that satisfy you? I wonder because I told you Collette played for Pump N Run but that didn't seem to satisfy you, even though he did. I'm just wondering if You and I can agree about anything? But I'll see if I can get Connor to fess up! :cool2:

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 19th, 2015, 6:10 pm

USUBlue wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:No I mentioned the post I cited where reference was made to a "local Mall Cop".
So Sap, if I get Connor to admit in writing that he was the person who tampered with Collette to go to Utah, would that satisfy you? I wonder because I told you Collette played for Pump N Run but that didn't seem to satisfy you, even though he did. I'm just wondering if You and I can agree about anything? But I'll see if I can get Connor to fess up! :cool2:
I do believe you. I just would like clarity on if you were the first one to make the claim.

And if you can get that written confession that would be great. Thanks in advance!

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 19th, 2015, 6:39 pm

treesap32 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
I do believe you. I just would like clarity on if you were the first one to make the claim.

And if you can get that written confession that would be great. Thanks in advance!

I'm sure I wasn't the first one to make a claim about Connor, but I probably had the best first hand info that Collette didn't want Duryea as the head coach since he said that to me the week he was hired.

Socrates2121

Post by Socrates2121 » November 19th, 2015, 6:39 pm

Put the rulers away boys...

Bulls On Parade

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 19th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Here's a Collette update. His ugly mug is still on the ad-wrap on some CVTD's cruising around town. Someone either get that (I can't express myself without swearing) off of there or deface it with a Benedict Arnold caricature.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 19th, 2015, 9:13 pm

aggiesdotcom wrote:Here's a Collette update. His ugly mug is still on the ad-wrap on some CVTD's cruising around town. Someone either get that s*** off of there or deface it with a Benedict Arnold caricature.
It's not this image that shows his killer defense is it?

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » November 20th, 2015, 6:42 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
aggiesdotcom wrote:Here's a Collette update. His ugly mug is still on the ad-wrap on some CVTD's cruising around town. Someone either get that s*** off of there or deface it with a Benedict Arnold caricature.

I saw that picture and my first thought was Carlos Boozer. Man, that guy could play some mad matador defense.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 20th, 2015, 8:13 am

USUBlue wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
treesap32 wrote:

I'm sure I wasn't the first one to make a claim about Connor, but I probably had the best first hand info that Collette didn't want Duryea as the head coach since he said that to me the week he was hired.
Congratulations. Major kudos for that, good sir!

hatescougars

Post by hatescougars » November 20th, 2015, 9:47 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:If I remember right, David did play at least one season for Pump N Run. Which, by the way, was a term coined by Brandon Davies I believe. .

Post of the Month. That's dang funny!

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 20th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Sucks for him. Utes down big to my homie Larrañaga.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » November 20th, 2015, 8:41 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

I think he was looking at the scoreboard.

'Man, how much time is left in this game, I gotta piss'

Twitter: UtahStizzle

Locked Previous topicNext topic