NMSU kicks 2 players off team?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MetsJetsAggies

NMSU kicks 2 players off team?

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 31st, 2011, 4:00 pm

Kabongo and Dixon. According to source on NMSU board

http://newmexicostate.rivals.com/showms ... 47&style=2

TrueBigBlue

Re: NMSU kicks 2 players off team?

Post by TrueBigBlue » December 31st, 2011, 4:07 pm

what a joke

dogie

Post by dogie » December 31st, 2011, 4:19 pm

It's a circus down there every year.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 31st, 2011, 4:31 pm

Any reason given?

Posted from my Android

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 31st, 2011, 4:39 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

They must have really done something horrible to get kicked out down there.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

coachallison
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by coachallison » December 31st, 2011, 4:58 pm

Kabongo is a cancer for this basketball team so that is probably why Menzies will release him. Dixon will probably leave since both players came to NMSU as a package deal. Kabongo just has a bad attitude and is very selfish. He is the main reason why NMSU lost to UNM by 20 because they guy just doesn't know how to play as a team. He was 3 of 15 shooting against the lobos. NMSU will be a better basketball team without him. Remi Barry will get more minutes and I think he will make an impact for us once WAC play starts.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 31st, 2011, 5:09 pm

Frank, might I suggest a career in yBu's media relations department, your ability to spin a negative story in a positive light is second only those in Provo.

On another note, I'll believe it when I see it on ESPN. Not before then, if I were a betting man, I would say a suspension at best. NMSU doesn't, DOES NOT kick players off the team for bad behavior. Why would they start now when it's worked fairly well so far to just bail them out of jail and have them play that night?

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 31st, 2011, 6:10 pm

coachallison wrote:Kabongo is a cancer for this basketball team so that is probably why Menzies will release him. Dixon will probably leave since both players came to NMSU as a package deal. Kabongo just has a bad attitude and is very selfish. He is the main reason why NMSU lost to UNM by 20 because they guy just doesn't know how to play as a team. He was 3 of 15 shooting against the lobos. NMSU will be a better basketball team without him. Remi Barry will get more minutes and I think he will make an impact for us once WAC play starts.
LMAO! I have never heard someone blame one single player for a 20 point loss in basketball, not to mention they were down 30 for most of the game too.

Remi Barry sucks bro, just admit it already.

coachallison

Post by coachallison » December 31st, 2011, 6:48 pm

NMSU will enter WAC play next Saturday 10-5. NMSU is still a good basketball team. There is no reason to be negative right now. Wendell McKines is playing great basketball right now averaging 22.5 PPG and 15.5 RPG the last four games. NMSU has played a tough schedule. 4 of our loses are to teams who are pretty dang good and UTEP is playing really good the last 9 games with a couple of impressive wins.

5 loses to

Twice to Southern Miss who is 13-2
to Arizona who is 10-4
to New Mexico who is 12-2
to UTEP who is 7-7 but who is 6-3 in the last 9 games with wins over Clemson and Auburn and played Kansas State tough

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 31st, 2011, 6:58 pm

I'm stunned. I didn't think Menzies had the guts to kick anyone off the team for anything. Good for him.

NMSU will be good and hard to beat. And they've done better this year in OOC than in years past. They should complain about our OOC performance this year.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 31st, 2011, 7:06 pm

coachallison wrote:NMSU will enter WAC play next Saturday 10-5. NMSU is still a good basketball team. There is no reason to be negative right now. Wendell McKines is playing great basketball right now averaging 22.5 PPG and 15.5 RPG the last four games. NMSU has played a tough schedule. 4 of our loses are to teams who are pretty dang good and UTEP is playing really good the last 9 games with a couple of impressive wins.

5 loses to

Twice to Southern Miss who is 13-2
to Arizona who is 10-4
to New Mexico who is 12-2
to UTEP who is 7-7 but who is 6-3 in the last 9 games with wins over Clemson and Auburn and played Kansas State tough
Who are your wins over? A UNM team who was TERRIBLE at the beginning of the season? Ditto UTEP. Both of those teams have beat you since. UNM took a dump on your home court.

USU is peaking at the right time, playing MUCH better since the loss to Pacific, and suddenly looks like the WAC frontrunners. We won't lose at home and that gives us a leg up. We just proved we can go on the road and play a top 15 team to the wire, going to NMSU won't be nearly as tough.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 31st, 2011, 7:08 pm

coachallison wrote:Kabongo is a cancer for this basketball team so that is probably why Menzies will release him. Dixon will probably leave since both players came to NMSU as a package deal. Kabongo just has a bad attitude and is very selfish.
That will never get you kicked off of a college team, ESPECIALLY at Pen State. More to this story.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 31st, 2011, 7:10 pm

brownjeans wrote:I'm stunned. I didn't think Menzies had the guts to kick anyone off the team for anything. Good for him.

NMSU will be good and hard to beat. And they've done better this year in OOC than in years past. They should complain about our OOC performance this year.
Factually incorrect. They have one quality win, and if you watched UNM at the beginning of the season, they were a shell of the team that they are now. See: them losing to Santa Clara and NMSU in November, but just beat down NMSU in Las Cruces and is rolling through the rest of their OOC schedule.

In fact I'd say our win over Kent St. is better than any other win NMSU has. Our win over BYU is similar to theirs over UNM.

We have 2 HORRIBLE losses to be sure, but our losses on the road to Weber, Wichita, and Miss St aren't bad at all.

I'm more worried about Nevada than NMSU at this point.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 31st, 2011, 7:16 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
brownjeans wrote:I'm stunned. I didn't think Menzies had the guts to kick anyone off the team for anything. Good for him.

Factually incorrect. They have one quality win, and if you watched UNM at the beginning of the season, they were a shell of the team that they are now. See: them losing to Santa Clara and NMSU in November, but just beat down NMSU in Las Cruces and is rolling through the rest of their OOC schedule.

In fact I'd say our win over Kent St. is better than any other win NMSU has. Our win over BYU is similar to theirs over UNM.

We have 2 HORRIBLE losses to be sure, but our losses on the road to Weber, Wichita, and Miss St aren't bad at all.

i am more worried about nevada and equally worried about hawaii compared to nmsu.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » December 31st, 2011, 7:32 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
MetsJetsAggies wrote:

I think NMS is a better team right now than UNR. The two PAC -10 wins were against teams nearly as bad as Utah. A close win at home against Pacific showed me nothing. They are equally as bad ---- but did beat USU in Stockton. The Cedarville "win" was an eye-opener. There is no way to sugarcoat why a Division II team was within earshot of UNR with under a minute left in the game.

Good for Menzies if he's grown a pair and is prepared to establish what will be tolerated and what won't by his players.

Frank has clearly matured over time and did nothing that warranted the attacks he's now getting. Lest anyone forget, USU has also had its issues with a couple of players in the past. I've got a lot more respect for NMS' program than UNR's.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 31st, 2011, 7:38 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote: i am more worried about nevada and equally worried about hawaii compared to nmsu.
Hawaii sucks. A loss to them would be a pretty bad loss. Their rpiforecast is around 250. Yes, they beat Xavier, but frankly, who hasn't lately? And Clemson is a pretty bad team this year.

That said, it's always tough to win @ Hawaii... even when they suck.

QuackAttackAggie

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 31st, 2011, 8:21 pm

treesap32 wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote: i am more worried about nevada and equally worried about hawaii compared to nmsu.
Hawaii sucks. A loss to them would be a pretty bad loss. Their rpiforecast is around 250. Yes, they beat Xavier, but frankly, who hasn't lately? And Clemson is a pretty bad team this year.

That said, it's always tough to win @ Hawaii... even when they suck.
it was an insult to nmsu more than a compliment to hawaii

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 31st, 2011, 8:31 pm

NMSU is like a worse version of Miss St. Not great outside shooting, solid defense, some good athletes. I have no doubt it my mind that we are capable of going into Las Cruces and getting a W.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 31st, 2011, 9:31 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote: Factually incorrect. They have one quality win, and if you watched UNM at the beginning of the season, they were a shell of the team that they are now. See: them losing to Santa Clara and NMSU in November, but just beat down NMSU in Las Cruces and is rolling through the rest of their OOC schedule.

It's hard to give NMSU credit, I know. But they are doing much better in OOC than NMSU teams of the past (look it up, it's factual) and we've had trouble with them in the past (you can look that up too). So it's reasonable to assume that we'll have our hands full, even if we hate to admit it.

AggieSports
RIP

Post by AggieSports » December 31st, 2011, 10:47 pm

utaggies wrote:Good for Menzies if he's grown a pair and is prepared to establish what will be tolerated and what won't by his players.

Frank has clearly matured over time and did nothing that warranted the attacks he's now getting. Lest anyone forget, USU has also had its issues with a couple of players in the past. I've got a lot more respect for NMS' program than UNR's

I completely agree.

IMO

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 31st, 2011, 11:37 pm

AggieSports wrote:
utaggies wrote:Good for Menzies if he's grown a pair and is prepared to establish what will be tolerated and what won't by his players.

Frank has clearly matured over time and did nothing that warranted the attacks he's now getting. Lest anyone forget, USU has also had its issues with a couple of players in the past. I've got a lot more respect for NMS' program than UNR's

I completely agree.
Menzies has to a lot yet to prove. Every year it seems like something new. As far as us having troubles. You bet we do, these are 18-28 [ ;) ]year old young men. Dilo is one of those. He was immediately suspended and as soon as he had his day in court he was kicked off the team. At NMSU he would have been bailed out of jail and playing that night. Not in Logan. Don't even try to compare our handling of issues with Menzies kicking two kids of the team now.

AggieSports
RIP

Post by AggieSports » December 31st, 2011, 11:50 pm

dyedblue,

You know I absolutely disagreed with the way Menzies handled bailing out a kid and letting him play the same day. I am also happy with the way he appears to have handled this situation. Good for him. My real question about Menzies has yet to be answered and that is can the guy coach? While their OOC isn't a shining star, ours certainly isn't either, but they are doing better than the past couple years.

IMO

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » January 1st, 2012, 9:51 pm

On the NMSU board, they are claiming that Kabongo has received a release from the university. He will never play another game for them.

In their game yesterday, after the suspensions, they played 8 players. Sy, a forward, played 26 minutes off the bench. Nephawe, a center, played 19. Barry, a forward, played 7. Total, 52 minutes off the bench, NONE by a guard. Losing Kabongo will either force pulling a RS (which messes things up for a bit mid-season) though their options are limited there or will force their starters to play a lot of minutes. The former option bodes well for our game next week while they work out the new rotation and the latter option bodes well for the other teams in the WAC tourney.

Say what you want about Menzies and the situation, they have some real struggles ahead. Heaven forbid LaRoche getting in foul trouble. Their backup PG options are far below Medlin and Farris. Maybe Brock Zylstra could step in???

coachallison

Post by coachallison » January 1st, 2012, 9:57 pm

Kabongo actually quit the team and elected to transfer. Menzies gave him his release today. NMSU should be fine without him.

http://www.nmstatesports.com/ViewArticl ... =205354615

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 1st, 2012, 10:08 pm

coachallison

Post by coachallison » January 2nd, 2012, 2:36 am

SectionBAggie wrote:On the NMSU board, they are claiming that Kabongo has received a release from the university. He will never play another game for them.

In their game yesterday, after the suspensions, they played 8 players. Sy, a forward, played 26 minutes off the bench. Nephawe, a center, played 19. Barry, a forward, played 7. Total, 52 minutes off the bench, NONE by a guard. Losing Kabongo will either force pulling a RS (which messes things up for a bit mid-season) though their options are limited there or will force their starters to play a lot of minutes. The former option bodes well for our game next week while they work out the new rotation and the latter option bodes well for the other teams in the WAC tourney.

Say what you want about Menzies and the situation, they have some real struggles ahead. Heaven forbid LaRoche getting in foul trouble. Their backup PG options are far below Medlin and Farris. Maybe Brock Zylstra could step in???

Are you sure about that?

NMSU has already played 3 games without Kabongo and will play 2 more games without him before we play you guys in a couple of weeks.

NMSU was pretty loaded when we started the season where we had to red-shirt a bunch of players.

Hernst Laroche averaged over 35 minutes per game last season so he has the ability to play a lot of minutes.

Daniel Mullings who will start at shooting guard was recruited to NMSU to play point guard. Mullings was a great high school point guard where he played in an all-star game against Myck Kabongo who was a five-star who signed with Texas last year. Mullings scored over 30 points on him. Mullings isn't far below Medlin or Farris.

Bandja Sy is a guard/forward who can play shooting guard and has done so in some games.

NMSU will probably burn the red-shirt of freshman 6'5 SG Eric Weary Jr who was a great shooter in high school who averaged nearly 30 points per game.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHjmkNCNSv0

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 2nd, 2012, 3:24 am

coachallison wrote:
SectionBAggie wrote:On the NMSU board, they are claiming that Kabongo has received a release from the university. He will never play another game for them.

NMSU will probably burn the red-shirt of freshman 6'5 SG Eric Weary Jr who was a great shooter in high school who averaged nearly 30 points per game.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHjmkNCNSv0
Is he as good as Remi Barry?????

I hope so.

coachallison

Post by coachallison » January 2nd, 2012, 3:50 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
coachallison wrote:

I hope so.

I don't think we will burn his red-shirt but he is going to be a good one for us. Bandja Sy (6'8 Jr) and Remi Barry (6'7 Fr) will probably get minutes at shooting guard so we should be fine. Remi Barry is going to have a solid career at NMSU.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 2nd, 2012, 6:05 am

coachallison wrote:
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
coachallison wrote:

I hope so.

I don't think we will burn his red-shirt but he is going to be a good one for us. Bandja Sy (6'8 Jr) and Remi Barry (6'7 Fr) will probably get minutes at shooting guard so we should be fine. Remi Barry is going to have a solid career at NMSU.
So now they won't burn it? Or what?
I hope he does have a solid career, we need NMSU to step it up for the WAC to get any respect whatsoever going forward. We've been pulling our weight the past few years.

Pane (6'1 Sr), Medlin (6'4 So), and Berger (6'6 So) run CIRCLES around the guards you guys are throwing out there these days. It'll be fun to watch.

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 2nd, 2012, 6:16 pm

Came over to see what puke your spewing over here and you never disappoint. Not to be a jerk but the WAC has "zero" respect from anybody with NMSU's problems and your one and done over and over performance again at the NCAA's. So please quit acting like Utah State has some program on par with North Carolina or Duke. Utah State is the cream de la cream in the WAC. Other than that NMSU or Utah State are a small pimple in the NCAA's butt in basketball world. Until you go anywhere in the Big Dance you can stop sounding like a Blue Frank.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » January 2nd, 2012, 6:47 pm

dancingNMSUaggie wrote:Came over to see what puke your spewing over here and you never disappoint. Not to be a jerk but the WAC has "zero" respect from anybody with NMSU's problems and your one and done over and over performance again at the NCAA's. So please quit acting like Utah State has some program on par with North Carolina or Duke. Utah State is the cream de la cream in the WAC. Other than that NMSU or Utah State are a small pimple in the NCAA's butt in basketball world. Until you go anywhere in the Big Dance you can stop sounding like a Blue Frank.
Also, not to be a jerk, but I can't see why you're coming off all offended by this thread. I think we're generally being fairly complimentary of NMSU. And I don't think we're being high and mighty about our program either. But you are an NMSU fan so it's hard for you to comprehend the written language and we understand that the contents of our message board is confusing to you. But we're a tolerant bunch. Apology accepted.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 2nd, 2012, 7:09 pm

dancingNMSUaggie wrote:Came over to see what puke your spewing over here and you never disappoint. Not to be a jerk but the WAC has "zero" respect from anybody with NMSU's problems and your one and done over and over performance again at the NCAA's. So please quit acting like Utah State has some program on par with North Carolina or Duke. Utah State is the cream de la cream in the WAC. Other than that NMSU or Utah State are a small pimple in the NCAA's butt in basketball world. Until you go anywhere in the Big Dance you can stop sounding like a Blue Frank.
[youtube][/youtube]

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 2nd, 2012, 7:23 pm

No offense taken from 99% of the Utaggie fan base. Just MetsJetsDip$hit who seems to always post crap here and now our message board about NMSU. Congrats mets. You are now the #1 Dip$hit on the WAC boards. Frank is actually sounding like a sane human although I still don't get his fetish with Utah State. Good luck and see you guys on Thurs. I'm sure we'll have about 5000 for that game. :bangwall:

QuackAttackAggie

Post by QuackAttackAggie » January 2nd, 2012, 8:33 pm

dancingNMSUaggie wrote:No offense taken from 99% of the Utaggie fan base. Just MetsJetsDip$hit who seems to always post crap here and now our message board about NMSU. Congrats mets. You are now the #1 Dip$hit on the WAC boards. Frank is actually sounding like a sane human although I still don't get his fetish with Utah State. Good luck and see you guys on Thurs. I'm sure we'll have about 5000 for that game. :bangwall:
Why all the anger, friend?

Posted from my Android

dancingNMSUaggie

Post by dancingNMSUaggie » January 2nd, 2012, 8:59 pm

You try being an NMSU Aggie fan!

Locked Previous topicNext topic