Good read on Isaac Johnson

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

Good read on Isaac Johnson

Post by SectionBAggie » December 7th, 2022, 10:27 am

These users thanked the author SectionBAggie for the post (total 9):
GidbobsstrasserAggie19aggies22slcaggutaggiesBullnamed_gusosuaggieBank Shot

WAAggie

Re: Good read on Isaac Johnson

Post by WAAggie » December 7th, 2022, 11:28 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » December 7th, 2022, 3:51 pm

Before the season started and before, Akin was playing as good as he has, I was wondering if there would be a point this season where Johnson's redshirt would be pulled. Dorius has been serviceable, and we have been playing well, so it seems a good choice to keep the redshirt.

"If you get into a fight, don't take your helmet off...We're looking for smart football players, not dumb ones. In the interest of time, don't get into any more fights today." ~ Mike Leach on fighting on the football field

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » December 7th, 2022, 3:58 pm

chose us over Gonzaga, Stanford, BYU, and Utah.

How bizarre! I didn’t know athletes could do that! Such a better opportunity there at those bigger programs and places! Such a dumb decision!!!!
These users thanked the author Bullnamed_gus for the post:
AggieFBObsession

GUS

Post by GUS » December 7th, 2022, 4:16 pm

Great Story!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 7th, 2022, 5:06 pm

It makes me wonder how sheltered these Utah kids really are. Johnson acted surprised at the culture and the things his teammates at Oregon were doing in their off time. I'm sure it was pretty much the same as everywhere else outside of Utah. These Utah kids chase the big lights and major program scholarship offers and then when they get there, that find that the culture is different and act shocked. Then they find that there are other players just as good or better than they are and it is a blow to their ego.

Did we get Johnson to Logan on a recruit trip while he was in high school?

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 7th, 2022, 5:17 pm

Really good article. Glad he is with the program. I am excited to see how he develops and plays next year.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
osuaggie

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » December 7th, 2022, 11:49 pm

Yossarian wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 5:06 pm
It makes me wonder how sheltered these Utah kids really are. Johnson acted surprised at the culture and the things his teammates at Oregon were doing in their off time. I'm sure it was pretty much the same as everywhere else outside of Utah. These Utah kids chase the big lights and major program scholarship offers and then when they get there, that find that the culture is different and act shocked. Then they find that there are other players just as good or better than they are and it is a blow to their ego.

In my limited experience, natives from behind the Zion Curtain leave once, and either hate it, or refuse to ever go back to Utah. Seems like there isn't much in between. (I am the latter....)
These users thanked the author SeattleAg for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 8th, 2022, 10:21 pm

SeattleAg wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 11:49 pm
Yossarian wrote:

In my limited experience, natives from behind the Zion Curtain leave once, and either hate it, or refuse to ever go back to Utah. Seems like there isn't much in between. (I am the latter....)
Hard not to love the PNW, though.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 9th, 2022, 6:12 pm

Yossarian wrote:

We did not.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic