Highlights of new verbals

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeoAg

Highlights of new verbals

Post by GeoAg » January 16th, 2011, 11:45 pm

First, Travis Seefeldt. This might be one of the most enjoyable OL highlights tapes I've ever watched. I know we plan on playing him at DT at this point, but this kid just pancakes his guy time after time. He never stops until the play is over and has a mean streak that is easy to see. When I saw this I thought USU78 us gonna love this kid. On defense he shows a great swim move. This kid is underrated on the recruiting boards.

Next Reuben Thomas. You can see his speed on the TD at 1:01. The safety coming across the field has to keep adjusting his angle and never comes close. He also shows the ability to make the catch in traffic. He reminds me a little of K-Rob, maybe just because he does returns, but that can't be a bad thing. I think I've posted this one before.

I haven't been able to find video for the other 2 Harold and Maguire yet. If anybody does, let me know. I'll get these links into the commit grid soon.
Last edited by GeoAg on January 17th, 2011, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

USUALUM
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Highlights of new verbals

Post by USUALUM » January 16th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Good Lord, that Seefeldt kid is gonna murder someone! Wow.

AGGIEFIGHT

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 17th, 2011, 12:18 am

thanks Geo
I wondered about Seefeldt but know I know why we wanted him

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 17th, 2011, 12:23 am

Look at the second play for Travis Seefeldt. He just buries that poor sucker :devil:

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

DCS
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCS » January 17th, 2011, 12:30 am

USUALUM wrote:Good Lord, that Seefeldt kid is gonna murder someone! Wow.
Watch the blocked FG @ 1:43
The block that he puts on that kid is just brutal. :shock:

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » January 17th, 2011, 6:14 am

At the 53 second mark, he takes out about half the team.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 17th, 2011, 7:25 am

GeoAg wrote:First, Travis Seefeldt. This might be one of the most enjoyable OL highlights tapes I've ever watched. I know we plan on playing him at DT at this point, but this kid just pancakes his guy time after time. He never stops until the play is over and has a mean streak that is easy to see. When I saw this I thought USU78 us gonna love this kid. On defense he shows a great swim move. This kid is underrated on the recruiting boards.
Ambrosia! That, me buckos, is what OL play is supposed to look like. :scotsman:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

cbingham

USU78

Post by cbingham » January 17th, 2011, 10:06 am

I've heard you talk quite a bit about playing OL... where and when did you play?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: USU78

Post by USU78 » January 17th, 2011, 10:44 am

cbingham wrote:I've heard you talk quite a bit about playing OL... where and when did you play?
USU '72-73; before that, at Box Elder, playing a single wing center with my head between my butt cheeks and the other fellow's orneriest guy across from me and no wussy "hands off the center" rules on deep/intermediate snaps.

Did not return to the team after my 2 year hiatus. Got sick and was down at 165 lbs when I returned from Europe. Just didn't have it to even try for 2 years . . . but after that, I used to get the fever every August. Sometimes I still do. It's an addiction that never really leaves you, I guess.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » January 17th, 2011, 11:33 am

Unfortunately we've seen great highlight videos before. Remember the big running back that we recruited back in about 2005 or 2006. Hell he looked like a Mack truck out there. But he never showed up. As Dale Mildenburger says, "they're all gonna be all-American's on signing day!"

Fortunately for us, I think we have much better talent evaluators on this coaching staff than we have had in a long time, with all due respect to Messrs. Arslanian, Dennehy and Guy. :golfclap:

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 17th, 2011, 11:51 am

I think you are referring to Sione Tavaki, correct? I remember his highlight reel at the signing party as well.

Locked Previous topicNext topic