Rahsul Faison

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OrangeCountyAggie

Re: Rahsul Faison

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 25th, 2024, 2:31 pm

At a funeral my a*s!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 25th, 2024, 3:06 pm

Fk these guys. Seriously. They want to be mercenaries then we should treat them that way. Out of sight, out of mind.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
trevordude

Donman

Post by Donman » April 25th, 2024, 3:13 pm

In reading Aggies 22 on Twitter. It sounded like this could have been concern over playing time? As we were bringing a JC All-American In?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 25th, 2024, 3:23 pm

6-6 should be the floor for USU. Of course there will be an occasional season below that standard, but that should be the minimum. Blake has maintained that through his three years. I hope he can keep it up.

Also, every time I hear the name Cauthen I just think of #manstuff.

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » April 25th, 2024, 3:24 pm

Remember how every basketball broadcast this year we had to hear about how we had zero returning production from the year before?

That's going to be football after a couple more transfers.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 25th, 2024, 3:27 pm

At least there are fewer football games.

josephconlin

Post by josephconlin » April 25th, 2024, 3:36 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:28 am
I hate people that say “oh its just the new portal rules and NIL, not Blake”

But can anyone show me any MW or even any other High-mid major school losing their best players after spring ball like USU ???

Not to mention, these are guys that announced they are staying less than 6 months before they announced they’re leaving.

The problem isn’t NIL, it’s not the portal, it’s Blake Anderson.
Is it Festivus again already? I guess I'll air the grievances too.

- I hate when people use "H8" as a shorthand for hate.
- I dislike echo chambers.
- I'm not a fan of springtime allergies.
- I'm annoyed when an animated gif I want to use isn't easy to find.
:rant:

Am I doing this right?
These users thanked the author josephconlin for the post:
FloridaAggie13

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » April 25th, 2024, 3:39 pm

Alpha Mike Foxtrot

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 25th, 2024, 4:56 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:51 am
Just a reminder to all the Blake Anderson Defenders.

Once is Happenstance, Twice is coincidence, Three times is a pattern.
You're right, it IS Blake Anderson. Blake Anderson BROUGHT IN players who were TALENTED enough to be HIGHLY sought after by schools much bigger than Utah State's NIL pay grade can afford. Be GRATEFUL for players such as Ike Larsen, Jaylen Royals, Broc Lane, and SEVERAL others, who CONTINUE to have MUCH bigger schools continue to blow their phones up.
Last edited by aggies22 on April 25th, 2024, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 13):
slcaggAngusAgusugoalie13gomretatjackattackHootaggieguy13Fan4AggieballAZSection_L_AggieFull and 3 more users

bpd

Post by bpd » April 25th, 2024, 5:08 pm

It I was advising Rashul, I would tell him that this was a very poor decision. Yes, you might be making a few thousand more dollars at another location. That said, with Booth gone, you were going to be the bell cow, possibly paving the way for an NFL career. Now you venture into the unknown.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 5):
aggies22BustaMcNutttrevordudeAgliciousSection_L_Aggie

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 25th, 2024, 5:10 pm

bpd wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 5:08 pm
It I was advising Rashul, I would tell him that this was a very poor decision. Yes, you might be making a few thousand more dollars at another location. That said, with Booth gone, you were going to be the bell cow, possibly paving the way for an NFL career. Now you venture into the unknown.
I agree 100% my Aggie brother.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aglicious

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 25th, 2024, 5:11 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 5:10 pm
bpd wrote:
I agree 100% my Aggie brother.
Agreed and without a spring practice in his belt at the next location.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

gomretat

Post by gomretat » April 25th, 2024, 6:07 pm

bpd wrote:
Lots of what is going on defies logic around playing time and impact. It makes me wonder what the dollar amounts really are.
These users thanked the author gomretat for the post:
Aglicious

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 25th, 2024, 6:32 pm

josephconlin wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 3:36 pm
BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:28 am
I hate people that say “oh its just the new portal rules and NIL, not Blake”

But can anyone show me any MW or even any other High-mid major school losing their best players after spring ball like USU ???

Not to mention, these are guys that announced they are staying less than 6 months before they announced they’re leaving.

The problem isn’t NIL, it’s not the portal, it’s Blake Anderson.
Is it Festivus again already? I guess I'll air the grievances too.

- I hate when people use "H8" as a shorthand for hate.
- I dislike echo chambers.
- I'm not a fan of springtime allergies.
- I'm annoyed when an animated gif I want to use isn't easy to find.
:rant:

Am I doing this right?
I’ll join

-I dislike the Star Wars Sequels
-BWW has gone downhill in recent years
-Stranger Things is not a good show. It sucks.
-Why do we have to bring so much crap to the DMV to prove who we are and where we live?

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 25th, 2024, 6:53 pm

gomretat wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 6:07 pm
bpd wrote:
Lots of what is going on defies logic around playing time and impact. It makes me wonder what the dollar amounts really are.
100k+
gomretat

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » April 25th, 2024, 7:36 pm

This spring portal is really really dumb.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 25th, 2024, 7:59 pm

Holy damn this one hurts. I said before that Booth was the biggest loss by a country mile. Now watching Faison follow him hurts that much more. I honestly don't get what these guys are thinking? He was basically guaranteed a starting job at RB at a school that has had more RBs drafted in the NFL than any other MWC school in the past dozen years and more than a whole lot of P5 programs too.

To throw that opportunity away for what? To share a backfield at a school that likely has more competition? To walk in as the new guy and basically go back to exactly where you were last year? All in exchange for what amounts to $$ that will be spent and gone in 18 months from now or probably sooner?

Someone needs to have some serious talks with these guys and their parents about long term planning.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
aggies22

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 25th, 2024, 9:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 4:56 pm
BasketballAgg wrote:

You're right, it IS Blake Anderson. Blake Anderson BROUGHT IN players who were TALENTED enough to be HIGHLY sought after by schools much bigger than Utah State's NIL pay grade can afford. Be GRATEFUL for players such as Ike Larsen, Jaylen Royals, Broc Lane, and SEVERAL others, who CONTINUE to have MUCH bigger schools continue to blow their phones up.
You’re right — this isn’t Blake’s fault. But IMO your post is highlighting the near futility of trying to run a successful D1 football program at USU. I maintain that basketball is doable for us in the NIL era, but I’m skeptical we can maintain even the current level of “success” in football. I hope I am wrong! Hopefully we add some dudes!

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » April 25th, 2024, 9:26 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 9:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
BasketballAgg wrote:

You’re right — this isn’t Blake’s fault. But IMO your post is highlighting the near futility of trying to run a successful D1 football program at USU. I maintain that basketball is doable for us in the NIL era, but I’m skeptical we can maintain even the current level of “success” in football. I hope I am wrong! Hopefully we add some dudes!
We're in the same boat as many schools, importantly the same boat as most our conference mates.
These users thanked the author trevordude for the post:
aggies22

Not sent from Tapatalk

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 26th, 2024, 6:58 am

trevordude wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 9:26 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BasketballAgg wrote:

We're in the same boat as many schools, importantly the same boat as most our conference mates.
That’s true — we just need to stack enough wins against FCS and peer schools to get to 6 wins. I think that part’s doable. What I think is a thing of the past are the really fun outlier years like 2018 and 2021 where we win 10+ games.

This isn’t going to be a popular take, but we’ve always lacked depth, been pretty weak to average on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and have broken through in those outlier years thanks to elite talent at 2 or 3 skill positions. I’m really skeptical we’ll be able to hold onto the Jordan Loves and Deven Tompkins of the world anymore to have those years.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
trevordude

Heathen

Post by Heathen » April 26th, 2024, 7:08 am

Hoot wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 6:32 pm

I’ll join

-I dislike the Star Wars Sequels
Your expectations were too high.
-BWW has gone downhill in recent years
Was there a time when it was good?
-Stranger Things is not a good show. It sucks.
You are only saying that because you are jelus.
-Why do we have to bring so much crap to the DMV to prove who we are and where we live?
It's not everyone, just you. You give off a sketchy vibe.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » April 26th, 2024, 7:46 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BasketballAgg wrote:

I am there as well and I too hope I am wrong. This is pointing more and more to being really good at one or the other and hoops is much easier to fund. I see no way that USU can keep pace in the NIL world.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » April 26th, 2024, 7:47 am

Aglicious wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 7:59 pm
Holy damn this one hurts. I said before that Booth was the biggest loss by a country mile. Now watching Faison follow him hurts that much more. I honestly don't get what these guys are thinking? He was basically guaranteed a starting job at RB at a school that has had more RBs drafted in the NFL than any other MWC school in the past dozen years and more than a whole lot of P5 programs too.

To throw that opportunity away for what? To share a backfield at a school that likely has more competition? To walk in as the new guy and basically go back to exactly where you were last year? All in exchange for what amounts to $$ that will be spent and gone in 18 months from now or probably sooner?

Someone needs to have some serious talks with these guys and their parents about long term planning.
Booth and Faison are the biggest losses IMO. I would add Hillstead as a big hit as well but I know I am in the minority in that view. We went from a great RB room to who knows.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 26th, 2024, 7:55 am

gomretat wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 7:47 am
Aglicious wrote:

Booth and Faison are the biggest losses IMO. I would add Hillstead as a big hit as well but I know I am in the minority in that view. We went from a great RB room to who knows.
Hillstead I would consider more of a long term hit than a hit on our 2024 team. There is plenty of time to recruit other quarterbacks for 2025. And an abundance of quarterbacks are going to become available after getting impatient at other schools.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 26th, 2024, 8:11 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 7:55 am
gomretat wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

Hillstead I would consider more of a long term hit than a hit on our 2024 team. There is plenty of time to recruit other quarterbacks for 2025. And an abundance of quarterbacks are going to become available after getting impatient at other schools.
Hillstead was not good. I feel like I’m the only one with eyes.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
IdaAg93

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 26th, 2024, 8:30 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:11 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

As a true freshman with the benefit of only the summer practices where he was given limited reps, Hillstead completed 60% of his passes, threw more TD's than INT's. His upside was that he was only 18, four months out of high-school and still performed well - showing the propensity to stick his back foot and let the ball go and had a strong arm to boot.

The simple fact that he played well enough to draw comparisons to the other two QB's last year, both with 4-6 years of experience, including as starters, versus his 120 day crash course says a lot about his upside.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 26th, 2024, 8:43 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:30 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

As a true freshman with the benefit of only the summer practices where he was given limited reps, Hillstead completed 60% of his passes, threw more TD's than INT's. His upside was that he was only 18, four months out of high-school and still performed well - showing the propensity to stick his back foot and let the ball go and had a strong arm to boot.

The simple fact that he played well enough to draw comparisons to the other two QB's last year, both with 4-6 years of experience, including as starters, versus his 120 day crash course says a lot about his upside.
I know I'm splitting hairs BUT McCae Hillstead was an early enrollee and went through spring ball.
FloridaAggie13

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 26th, 2024, 8:50 am

Hillstead is a good player when he is healthy.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 26th, 2024, 9:35 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:50 am
Dave Fox sure seemed to think so.

Eutaw St. Aggie

ususports

Post by ususports » April 26th, 2024, 9:38 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:50 am
As good as Rollie? That dude can throw a ball.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 26th, 2024, 9:56 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:43 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
April 26th, 2024, 8:30 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

I know I'm splitting hairs BUT McCae Hillstead was an early enrollee and went through spring ball.
Fair enough. I still stand by my assertion. As a true freshman, he was holding his own against two QB's who had almost a decade of college experience between the two of them. Of the three, he looked the part of the better passer in my mind. Just needed more reps and experience.

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 28th, 2024, 4:08 pm

Is he back?

These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post:
IdaAg93

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » April 28th, 2024, 4:10 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 4:08 pm
Is he back?

It would be an interesting change in philosophy by the coaching staff.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 28th, 2024, 4:15 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 4:08 pm
Is he back?

I will absolutely verify this one.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Section_L_AggieIdaAg93

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 28th, 2024, 4:19 pm

Rahsul's goodbye posts on intagram and x are gone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic