Rahsul Faison

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BasketballAgg

Re: Rahsul Faison

Post by BasketballAgg » April 25th, 2024, 11:31 am

Starting to feel like these guys say they are running it back, cash the NIL check given to them prematurely from the collective, and then dip.

We HAVE to get rid of the second transfer window.
These users thanked the author BasketballAgg for the post (total 2):
Section_L_AggieAggie84025

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 11:35 am

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:31 am
Starting to feel like these guys say they are running it back, cash the NIL check given to them prematurely from the collective, and then dip.

We could have smarter NIL deals.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post (total 2):
EngineeringAggietrevordude

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 25th, 2024, 11:39 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:29 am
Yeah, this is starting to seem like a coaching issue rather than a money issue. Like the whole room was pissed off and bailed.
Does anyone know if other MWC or G5 teams are getting hit as hard as USU? If it's happening across the board, it's the new NIL era reality. If it's something unique to USU, then it needs to be figured out and fixed.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 25th, 2024, 11:41 am

Yeah, this is starting to seem like a coaching issue rather than a money issue. Like the whole room was pissed off and bailed.
SO what changed from December until now? We were all praising BA for keeping most of the team together in January due to not having very many transfers.
Last edited by Aggie84025 on April 25th, 2024, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
AggieUprising50

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 11:41 am

Aggie702 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:39 am
Does anyone know if other MWC or G5 teams are getting hit as hard as USU? If it's happening across the board, it's the new NIL era reality. If it's something unique to USU, then it needs to be figured out and fixed.
There are some players leaving schools, but there is an issue at Utah State. It is not the NIL.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 25th, 2024, 11:42 am

SLB wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:41 am
Aggie702 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:39 am
There are some players leaving schools, but there is an issue at Utah State. It is not the NIL.
Start a go fund me to raise the $3.5 million dollars to buy out his contract.

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » April 25th, 2024, 11:43 am

Run It Back!!!
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 4):
Naked Bull RiderAggie84025SLBstwinward

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » April 25th, 2024, 11:46 am

USU Football in the NIL Era:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 25th, 2024, 11:47 am

I'm super bummed Davon and Rahsul are leaving, but I am honestly ambivalent about everyone else that left. We weren't a good team last year, but Davon and Rahsul were good backs that were fun to watch.

Well, hopefully we get some good transfer news too at some point.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » April 25th, 2024, 11:49 am

All Blake's fault. How dare he bring in talented players that P5 schools would want to poach. Not a winning strategy at all.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
USUaggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 25th, 2024, 11:49 am

aggieguy13 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:43 am
Run It Back!!!
People keep blaming BA but these players are not children. When they say they are committed and send out information that they are running it back with the team and then up and leave 4 months later tells me all i need to know about these players. You want to transfer go right ahead but don't fill fans with this run it back 100% committed garbage especially when it is the fans that are allowing them the opportunity to play college athletics.

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » April 25th, 2024, 11:51 am

Just a reminder to all the Blake Anderson Defenders.

Once is Happenstance, Twice is coincidence, Three times is a pattern.
These users thanked the author BasketballAgg for the post:
SLB

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 25th, 2024, 11:52 am

I nearly bought season tickets again this year after the Weber St. loss season. I was excited about the #runitback tweets, new defensive coordinator, and games against Utah and such. I'm glad I held off a bit. My interest is near zero at this point.

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 11:54 am

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:51 am
Just a reminder to all the Blake Anderson Defenders.

Once is Happenstance, Twice is coincidence, Three times is a pattern.
BA is the head coach, and he and his staff picked the players.

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 11:55 am

NVAggie wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:52 am
I nearly bought season tickets again this year after the Weber St. loss season. I was excited about the #runitback tweets, new defensive coordinator, and games against Utah and such. I'm glad I held off a bit. My interest is near zero at this point.
We should support the team while trying to push for a coaching change.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 25th, 2024, 11:56 am

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:28 am
I hate people that say “oh its just the new portal rules and NIL, not Blake”

But can anyone show me any MW or even any other High-mid major school losing their best players after spring ball like USU ???

Not to mention, these are guys that announced they are staying less than 6 months before they announced they’re leaving.

The problem isn’t NIL, it’s not the portal, it’s Blake Anderson.
All except for Switz has stated gratitude for the coaches.

Just stop with the character assassination without any specifics. If you don’t like Blake as a coach, fine but without specifics you assaulting his character says more about you than him. It’s tired, old and there has been way too much ot it.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 6):
Aggie84025USUaggiesignalwarBigBlueDartAggiecpajackattack

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 25th, 2024, 11:56 am

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:31 am

In theory the 2nd transfer is beneficial. There are lots of players that go through spring and compete but then realize they are not going to see the field with their current team. Taking away that transfer punishes their opportunity to find a landing spot where they will see the field. Certainly the flip side of that sucks balls where teams lose starters for higher NIL money after spring ball.

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » April 25th, 2024, 12:04 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 11:56 am
BasketballAgg wrote:

But can anyone show me any MW or even any other High-mid major school losing their best players after spring ball like USU ???

Not to mention, these are guys that announced they are staying less than 6 months before they announced they’re leaving.

Just stop with the character assassination without any specifics. If you don’t like Blake as a coach, fine but without specifics you assaulting his character says more about you than him. It’s tired, old and there has been way too much ot it.
One is a coach y’all will defend til the end of time apparently and the other one of the worst coaching hire in USU History.

Sorry but .500 shouldn’t, and hasn’t, been the standard to keep coaches around at USU.

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 12:07 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:04 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
BasketballAgg wrote:

One is a coach y’all will defend til the end of time apparently and the other one of the worst coaching hire in USU History.

Sorry but .500 shouldn’t, and hasn’t, been the standard to keep coaches around at USU.

For football, I could see that sort of Duryea to Smith change.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 25th, 2024, 12:08 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
BasketballAgg wrote:

In football i believe .500 is the bare minimum. I certainly want more success in football but based on USU's history in football being a .500 football coach at USU is not bad. In basketball, IMO, .500 is not the standard. We have shown that we have the infrastructure to be a consistent 20 win team in basketball. I also think at USU's level basketball is a lot easier to be successful in versus football.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 25th, 2024, 12:21 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
BasketballAgg wrote:

It literally has been. If you want to claim we should up the standard fine. But we then need to raise athletic fees and people better start donating to the school AND NIL.

My issue has always been the personal attacks for people butt hurt over a press conference of a game that ended 2 years ago.

You claimed “Blake is the problem” and haven’t shown any evidence in Blake being a problem- at most he mishandled QBs which is a problem every school has. You can’t just rotate QBs like you can with almost every other position.

Blake has gone through so much and we had people claiming Blake is favoring Bonner as a “surrogate son” and accusing Blake of using his son’s death by suicide as a deflection from a bad press conference.

I’ve not seen sufficient evidence that players feel the way about Blake that fans do.

When people were demanding Cauthen be fired (which I agreed with) they claimed he couldn’t connect with players because of a recruiting video. I pointed out that some people are looking for different things and Cauthen’s approach although not executed amazingly could be an approach that works for an individual.

Then we fired Cauthen- and the one player who didn’t thank coaches in his farewell was vocal with how disappointed he was to lose that coach.

Fans are not players. We don’t know what’s going on other than what we see and hear from the outside. What I’ve seen from Blake and heard about him from players and coaches/administrators from other schools tells me Blake is a good man. Ive never seen a person more humble and vulnerable than Blake. Nance and Tuiaki credited publicly the help that Blake has given them.

If you want to criticize his X’s and O’s, preparedness for games, quality of recruited talent- fine. But just stop with the character assassination. It’s absolutely absurd.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 9):
Aggie84025AggieUprising50USUaggiesignalwarBigBlueDartFan4AggieballAZvegasaggiegomretatjackattack

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » April 25th, 2024, 12:32 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:08 pm
based on USU's history in football being a .500 football coach at USU is not bad.
Not trying to insinuate anyone's age here, but I've noticed this sentiment gets thrown around a lot by a certain generation of Aggie fans. I think it's the wrong mentality and this mindset likely contributed to the decades of Utah State being a bottom of the barrel program.

Nothing makes me laugh harder than seeing one fan express his/her displeasure at the current HC and state of the program only to be followed by another fan defending said coach with arguments like "You clearly don't remember all the Pella years, the Shelton years, and the Guy years".

Your tax dollars literally pay the HC's salary. He's a public figure. Say whatever the hell you want about him (good or bad). The dude signed up for it and he's compensated handsomely. On some level, there isn't much difference between compaining about a politician whose policies you disagree with, and a football coach whose performance you don't agree with. :noidea:
These users thanked the author Naked Bull Rider for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025SLB

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 25th, 2024, 12:48 pm

I’m not a fan of Blake any longer and I think he’s lost his mojo in a major way. I’ve been as hard on him as anyone.

That being said I haven’t seen anything to indicate Blake is chasing guys off. It seems like they’re just getting money chucked at them and are taking it.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 9):
USUaggieEngineeringAggieAggie84025Section_L_AggieBigBlueDartAggiecpatrevordudeAggieUprising50stwinward

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 12:50 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:32 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
based on USU's history in football being a .500 football coach at USU is not bad.
Not trying to insinuate anyone's age here, but I've noticed this sentiment gets thrown around a lot by a certain generation of Aggie fans. I think it's the wrong mentality and this mindset likely contributed to the decades of Utah State being a bottom of the barrel program.

Nothing makes me laugh harder than seeing one fan express his/her displeasure at the current HC and state of the program only to be followed by another fan defending said coach with arguments like "You clearly don't remember all the Pella years, the Shelton years, and the Guy years".

Your tax dollars literally pay the HC's salary. He's a public figure. Say whatever the hell you want about him (good or bad). The dude signed up for it and he's compensated handsomely. On some level, there isn't much difference between compaining about a politician whose policies you disagree with, and a football coach whose performance you don't agree with. :noidea:
Every time that we have a discussion about winning games. The most vocal block of people slams this board with .500 is the best that we can do.
2021 11-3 MWC title season
2018 11-2 season
2014 10-4 season
2013 9-5 runner-up in the MWC
2012 11-2 season
Bare minimum level should be 8-5 with the focus on winning the MWC and getting into this new CFP.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 25th, 2024, 1:00 pm

SLB wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 12:50 pm
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:

Every time that we have a discussion about winning games. The most vocal block of people slams this board with .500 is the best that we can do.
2018 11-2 season
2014 10-4 season
2012 11-2 season
Bare minimum level should be 8-5 with the focus on winning the MWC and getting into this new CFP.
Those were all good years. Over the course of our football history there have had 4 seasons at 10 or more. I would love 8 win seasons consistently I just don't know that those are realistic expectations for Aggie football. People can claim that i am selling the program short or whatever but averaging .500 is pretty damn good for our program IMO. We have one of the smallest stadiums, smallest budgets it really is quite incredible to be performing the way we have for the last 15 years.

AggieDad

Post by AggieDad » April 25th, 2024, 1:07 pm

Oh please, this is so old and tiring. No one is crying because you have a problem with BA. Criticize him all you want. The problem is that people keeping coming on this board with unsupported, half-a statements about BA. We've lost several, talented players to the portal recently and it hurts and we want to find a reason other than the likely truth: money. So, several on here reach (more like jump to) the conclusion that it's BA's fault. The players all pledged their commitment to Aggie Football just a few months ago. BA was the coach then and most of these players all played under him when they made that pledge. Now, just a few months later, they bail. Without any evidence either way, which is the most plausible reason for this? BA is a fool and a tyrant, or they got better offers? Don't come on here and say these transfers are because of the coach without backing it up. You're not a reporter writing for some news outlet. You're dropping gossip bombs on a fan page. You can reveal your "source." If you don't like BA, fine. His, and any coach's, abilities are always up for debate, but that's not what this thread is about. It's about the unsupported accusation that BA chased these players away. Maybe he did, and, if so, he should be held accountable, but back it up and don't come after us as blind supporters of BA simply because we're calling you on it. I'm not defending BA here. I'm attacking the unsupported conclusory statements about him.
These users thanked the author AggieDad for the post (total 12):
BigBlueDartAggie84025Zaggie07AggiecpaAggieUprising50ImakeitrainAngusAgFan4AggieballAZEngineeringAggievegasaggie and 2 more users

browntown

Post by browntown » April 25th, 2024, 1:07 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 1:00 pm
SLB wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:

2018 11-2 season
2014 10-4 season
2012 11-2 season
Those were all good years. Over the course of our football history there have had 4 seasons at 10 or more. I would love 8 win seasons consistently I just don't know that those are realistic expectations for Aggie football. People can claim that i am selling the program short or whatever but averaging .500 is pretty damn good for our program IMO. We have one of the smallest stadiums, smallest budgets it really is quite incredible to be performing the way we have for the last 15 years.
Yeah I think averaging .500 is pretty good considering the history of the program. I’d like to think our program has reached a point where we should expect and hope to be in a bowl game each year, with 9+ wins being a really good season. Any season with 4 or less wins would be a really bad year, with lots of seasons likely falling in between.

I think BA can keep our program going at a good clip (though I think at this point it’s unlikely we’ll have another MWC championship under him). I feel like our defense will be better this year, but our offense may suffer a bit, unless we get some surprise players to step up.
These users thanked the author browntown for the post:
Aggie84025

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 25th, 2024, 1:17 pm

SLB wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:

2018 11-2 season
2014 10-4 season
2012 11-2 season
If we fired every coach for having a bad year or barely getting a bowl game, we never would have had either of those 11-2 seasons. In both instances the year prior we barely snuck into bowls (which we lost both of). In both instances 2 years prior we had losing seasons.

The 2012 team also played in a very watered down WAC with multiple teams that were brand new to FBS, 1 team that was so bad it dropped down to FCS and another team that spent many years trying to find it's identity while contemplating whether it would even be able to continue supporting football.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
Aggie84025

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 1:22 pm

BA defenders are like the Duryea defenders in the 17-18 season. It does not matter until we get a good coach which is what we need.

Donman

Post by Donman » April 25th, 2024, 1:23 pm

These player played with Blake last year and then tweeted Run It Back.

If Blake were the issue, I think they would have left in January. Unless someone can pinpoint something that changed.

Legas I give a pass too. Blake seemed to encourage him to go find a spot he could start.

The others, nothing changed in their situations.
These users thanked the author Donman for the post (total 4):
Aggie84025aggies22trevordudegomretat

SLB

Post by SLB » April 25th, 2024, 1:26 pm

Donman wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 1:23 pm

If Blake were the issue, I think they would have left in January. Unless someone can pinpoint something that changed.

Legas I give a pass too. Blake seemed to encourage him to go find a spot he could start.

BA and his staff got a bunch of players who tweeted run it back then ran off with money.

DreadPirateRoberts

Post by DreadPirateRoberts » April 25th, 2024, 1:27 pm

I think the Blue A collective needs to start having players sign contracts with buy-out clauses. This NIL situation is no different than free agency in any other professional sport except a contract that keeps the free agent with a team.
These users thanked the author DreadPirateRoberts for the post:
SLB

The Dread Pirate Roberts leaves no survivors.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 25th, 2024, 1:39 pm

Who would have thought that just giving 18 - 21 year olds tens, and even hundreds, of thousands of dollars for nothing with no strings attached could have turned out badly?
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 12):
AggieUprising50USU78Aggie84025DreadPirateRobertsAngusAgSection_L_Aggieaggies22EngineeringAggieAggieDadAggiecpa and 2 more users

Eutaw St. Aggie

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » April 25th, 2024, 1:50 pm

Donman wrote:

Yes a few players leaving were disappointing and not planned from this staff (especially the two RB’s and DE)…However; a lot more players than folks realize are politely encouraged to move down the road for sure in these times! You also have a few players choosing to stay whom DON’T make it always about themselves with “I back” vernacular on Twitter, etc. They just show up and just grind (field and class). Folks would be encouraged if you knew the P4 programs hitting up a few more of your Aggie starters that hasn’t effected their visions and belief in USU, teammates, coaches and also BA in what can be done this season!

I’d also add; the DC is going to do well with these guys and I think you’ll see a stark improvement with play calls/signal calling on O this year and a very balanced attack for sure and much more use of the entire field; short/long/medium and much more in the middle as well. Plus more vocal (take charge) leadership at QB….. Have positive “karma” in the players and BA/staff this fall; a few other starters choosing to stay had bigger programs/financial options and they have a lot of faith……in BA, the fans, and their team for sure!
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post (total 12):
AngusAgAggie84025Section_L_AggieZaggie07AggieUprising50aggieguy13AgTimetetonaggieAggiecpavegasaggie and 2 more users

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 25th, 2024, 2:10 pm

Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:
April 25th, 2024, 1:50 pm
Donman wrote:

Yes a few players leaving were disappointing and not planned from this staff (especially the two RB’s and DE)…However; a lot more players than folks realize are politely encouraged to move down the road for sure in these times! You also have a few players choosing to stay whom DON’T make it always about themselves with “I back” vernacular on Twitter, etc. They just show up and just grind (field and class). Folks would be encouraged if you knew the P4 programs hitting up a few more of your Aggie starters that hasn’t effected their visions and belief in USU, teammates, coaches and also BA in what can be done this season!

I’d also add; the DC is going to do well with these guys and I think you’ll see a stark improvement with play calls/signal calling on O this year and a very balanced attack for sure and much more use of the entire field; short/long/medium and much more in the middle as well. Plus more vocal (take charge) leadership at QB….. Have positive “karma” in the players and BA/staff this fall; a few other starters choosing to stay had bigger programs/financial options and they have a lot of faith……in BA, the fans, and their team for sure!
100% DEAD ON. I wrote this in another thread but those of you who think our players aren't that great, you would be SHOCKED at the number of players that have been hit up by other schools AND offered them money to do so.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 6):
Section_L_AggieAggie84025AngusAgBigBlueDartvegasaggieFan4AggieballAZ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic