Lesson For Next Year's Spring Practice

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieUprising50

Lesson For Next Year's Spring Practice

Post by AggieUprising50 » April 19th, 2024, 10:13 am

Finish up before the portal opens.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
trevordude

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Lesson For Next Year's Spring Practice

Post by NVAggie » April 19th, 2024, 10:18 am

That is a great idea. I hope Mother Nature agrees.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » April 19th, 2024, 11:20 am

Do you mean start after the portal closes?
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 2):
dirtnsnowAGinNEIowa

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 19th, 2024, 3:03 pm

Yep. We can't even hold Blue/White scrimmage now

utahcountyaggie

Post by utahcountyaggie » April 19th, 2024, 4:03 pm

I would imagine the main difficulty, here is at QB? We basically would just run the full scrimmage with Petras and Pig Farmer, and don't want to risk injury to Petras?
I think we still run 3-4 guys deep at every other position.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 19th, 2024, 4:06 pm

Maybe it's just me but this just comes across as more "poor me" syndrome from BA. I'm sorry everyone but we are so beat up and so many guys have left us that we can't find the heart to get out of bed today and put on a scrimmage. How about, "Come watch our Spring Scrimmage and support a bunch of guys that are fired up to be here and put a show on for everyone!". This eeyore attitude is really not becoming of a head football coach or leader of young men.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 11):
HootBearLakeMonsterNEAggieSLBBustaMcNuttAggie702CacheCowGaAggieAGinNEIowautahcountyaggie and one more user

SLB

Post by SLB » April 19th, 2024, 4:28 pm

Aglicious wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 4:06 pm
Maybe it's just me but this just comes across as more "poor me" syndrome from BA. I'm sorry everyone but we are so beat up and so many guys have left us that we can't find the heart to get out of bed today and put on a scrimmage. How about, "Come watch our Spring Scrimmage and support a bunch of guys that are fired up to be here and put a show on for everyone!". This eeyore attitude is really not becoming of a head football coach or leader of young men.
Some people like me have pointed this out since 2022, and some folks want a new coach because we know that this will not end well.

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » April 19th, 2024, 4:49 pm

Aglicious wrote:
Woah woah woah, you might accidently sell more tickets with that approach

Not sent from Tapatalk

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » April 19th, 2024, 4:50 pm

Aglicious wrote:
I don't mind this attitude so much for Spring Practice but I kind of wish Andersen wouldn't apply this concept of a light practice to the Weber State, Alabama, USC, Utah type money games. At least he shouldn't unless without some reciprocols. ;)
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
Aggie702

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » April 19th, 2024, 4:51 pm

hickaggie wrote:
April 19th, 2024, 4:50 pm
Aglicious wrote:
I don't mind this attitude so much for Spring Practice but I kind of wish Andersen wouldn't apply this concept of a light practice to the Weber State, Alabama, USC, Utah type body bag games. At least he shouldn't without some reciprocols. ;)

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » April 19th, 2024, 5:30 pm

hickaggie wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
I don't mind this attitude so much for Spring Practice but I kind of wish Andersen wouldn't apply this concept of a light practice to the Weber State, Alabama, USC, Utah type money games. At least he shouldn't unless without some reciprocols. ;)
I mind. I think this sucks. Hold the damn scrimmage coach! The Blue and White scrimmage is as much about an event for the public as it is for the team. Put your big boy pants on coach and hold the scrimmage!

PIGSKINAGGIE

Post by PIGSKINAGGIE » April 19th, 2024, 5:33 pm

Aglicious wrote:
Chronic excuses. Always. We’ve seen enough of this that we shouldn’t expect it to change.
These users thanked the author PIGSKINAGGIE for the post:
CacheCow

mike1126

Post by mike1126 » April 19th, 2024, 5:49 pm

Starts at 12:30 ends at 1:30, many fans are planning to attend at 1pm, changing the schedule at the last minute really sucks.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 19th, 2024, 5:58 pm

The minute one of the star players gets injured in a scrimmage then people will be clamoring that they should have never had it or played the star player because its only a scrimmage. Having it be a practice is really not that big of a deal,

Any updates on injuries for spring camp?

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 19th, 2024, 6:52 pm

hickaggie wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
Weber is a money game now. RIP.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13cdaAg

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

coolag

Post by coolag » April 19th, 2024, 7:29 pm

Blake sure has me pumped for Aggie football. The future is bright.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post (total 5):
CacheCowHootNEAggieFloridaAggie13IdaAg93

Regulator of Class

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 20th, 2024, 9:52 am

It was also suggested on twitter that this is a strategy to keep the spotlight off our remaining players with the portal closing in 10 days.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » April 20th, 2024, 12:24 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 9:52 am
It was also suggested on twitter that this is a strategy to keep the spotlight off our remaining players with the portal closing in 10 days.
That is not the reason. You think other schools are undecided about one of our players but somehow they are getting tape of a spring scrimmage and it is changing their minds. LOL. I don't think that is coming from the coaching staff but if it is they are stupid and would deserve to be fired. Literally no chance we would lose a player to the portal because of the spring scrimmage that we wouldn't lose anyway.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 20th, 2024, 3:35 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 12:24 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 9:52 am
That is not the reason. You think other schools are undecided about one of our players but somehow they are getting tape of a spring scrimmage and it is changing their minds. LOL. I don't think that is coming from the coaching staff but if it is they are stupid and would deserve to be fired. Literally no chance we would lose a player to the portal because of the spring scrimmage that we wouldn't lose anyway.
This is where that was suggested.

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » April 20th, 2024, 9:33 pm

Blake spoke this very topic in an interview post "light practice" today. He said he wants to wrap up spring ball a week prior to the portal opening up. He suggested it would give his players a better feel for their future on or off the team.
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post:
Aggie84025

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic