Time to vent! time to move on, So glad this is over, time to forget and have hope for next year

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
pcaggie

Time to vent! time to move on, So glad this is over, time to forget and have hope for next year

Post by pcaggie » December 24th, 2023, 10:35 am

Me and my boys usually go to every bowl game that USU plays in, but this year I told my boys to punch me in the face if I even mention that we should go, pay money for hotel, food, gas, take the time away from family to go to the bowl game this year! For some reason I knew our team would not be prepared to play, I mean after all they haven’t for the past couple of years. I believe that if Blake feels his team can’t win, he does not put in the effort, :disappointed: could be wrong, just an observation after watching his teams play since he has been here. I do believe if we had a Defense we could have won a couple more games. I will give it one more year, but no season tickets for me, i will watch it from home.
These users thanked the author pcaggie for the post:
Aggies1888

The Old Bull

Re: Time to vent! time to move on, So glad this is over, time to forget and have hope for next year

Post by The Old Bull » December 24th, 2023, 11:32 am

pcaggie wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 10:35 am
Me and my boys usually go to every bowl game that USU plays in, but this year I told my boys to punch me in the face if I even mention that we should go, pay money for hotel, food, gas, take the time away from family to go to the bowl game this year! For some reason I knew our team would not be prepared to play, I mean after all they haven’t for the past couple of years. I believe that if Blake feels his team can’t win, he does not put in the effort, :disappointed: could be wrong, just an observation after watching his teams play since he has been here. I do believe if we had a Defense we could have won a couple more games. I will give it one more year, but no season tickets for me, i will watch it from home.
Why didn’t you tell the rest of us who made the trip. After lastnight I am 50% win ratio for bowls I have attended going back to 1993 when we all crammed into my sisters car and drove down to Vegas.

That is the most painful bowl game I have ever had to sit through. Hardest part was I left my 3 little kids home with mom and she kept sending me pics of the kids out playing in the snow. One nice thing is the sun was shinning and we were in the sun till the last 2 min of the game.

FeartheFro

Re: Time to vent! time to move on, So glad this is over, time to forget and have hope for next year

Post by FeartheFro » December 24th, 2023, 11:55 am

I’m as big a die hard Aggie fan as there is. I take that back, I was. I go to all home football and basketball games, go to all bowl games, Mountain West tournament every year, donate and wear blue goggles. I did not attend yesterday and felt very good about the decision. I was embarrassed with what I watched yesterday. I understand that Coach A is dealing with a whole new world in college football. I understand he has gone through trials. I do appreciate the MWC championship. When I set everything aside I have to be honest and realize this program is not on an upward projection. Blake seems like a nice guy, a bit thin skinned but a nice guy. Based on games like yesterday and the lack of team discipline and his handling of the QB situation, I think it’s time for a change. It would be a nearly impossible financial move but feel it’s the direction that needs to be pursued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 3):
Aggies1888AgezzzJSHarvey

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 25th, 2023, 2:30 pm

It’s interesting to me that almost every program in our conference can and has fired coaches yet we can’t.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
SwaggieAggie

SLB

Post by SLB » December 25th, 2023, 2:41 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 2:30 pm
It’s interesting to me that almost every program in our conference can and has fired coaches yet we can’t.
San Diego State seems to also have this problem.
Hoke has done poorly for two seasons.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 25th, 2023, 3:44 pm

I have been quick to give Blake credit for the MW championship and at least getting us to bowls in down years, but if the reports mentioned in other threads are true that he is upset we scheduled the Utah game and is approaching that game the same way he approached Alabama allowing kids to feel sorry for themselves they have to play the game setting it up to be the debacle the Alabama game was, I would be ready to make the change NOW.

You played Iowa to a 10 point game(albeit, not as close as the final score would indicate but still) and left with the kids feeling like they should have won, why not build on that and try to make the plays against Utah that we didn't make against Iowa. And, for hell's sakes, let the fact that Iowa beat Northwestern while Utah lost to them give you confidence that if we can be a few stupid mistakes away from beating Iowa, we can compete with Utah. Sure those kinds of stats aren't supposed to let us as FANS get our hopes up of a win, but players and coaches need to grasp onto anything they can. And if we have any players who still aren't going to try to beat Utah cause they hate that the game was even scheduled, weed them out and bring in guys from other schools that BADLY want to beat Utah cause they are pissed about not getting the time at another school they felt like they should have gotten, and/or didn't get offered by Utah. We're not even asking for Blake to lead us to a win or even a game that is close, just an all-out effort to TRY to win.

Even Brent Guy always had the kids trying to win the game with our worst teams. For instance playing Arkansas to a 14 point halftime deficit and 20 point final score with our worst team in history as well as continuing to fight after we were already down 24-0 to BYU, keeping them out of the endzone from the 2 in four plays, and with another team pretty bad, jumped on top 25 Hawaii early and hung right with them, eventually playing them to a 15 point loss(again, not as close as that score would indicate, but still).

I would hope that Blake was consulted before the game was scheduled, and he talks about us fans wanting to see it scheduled, but he needs to realize we only like it scheduled if we are going to try to win, and if he really did hate it scheduled as much as he hated the Alabama game being scheduled, we would have been better off doing anything BUT scheduling that game. Even if it meant a second FCS school. Yeah the problem would have been us having to win 7 games in that scenario, but we have to beat 5 FBS schools rather we lose to Utah or beat a second FCS school. Or playing a 7th road game, making the sacrifice of only 5 home games this year in return for a 7 home game season down the road.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 2):
BearLakeMonsterSLB

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 25th, 2023, 8:59 pm

SLB wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 2:41 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 2:30 pm
San Diego State seems to also have this problem.
Hoke has done poorly for two seasons.
And yet they convinced him to retire.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
bigblue32

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » December 26th, 2023, 9:32 am

There really have been reports of Blake already rolling over for the Utah game!? Please tell me it isn’t so. You have an instate rival coming to your own house, and he’s already chalking it up as a loss? Just like Alabama, the next game will be an embarrassment as well. If this is true, BA should be canned tomorrow.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 26th, 2023, 9:39 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
December 26th, 2023, 9:32 am
There really have been reports of Blake already rolling over for the Utah game!? Please tell me it isn’t so. You have an instate rival coming to your own house, and he’s already chalking it up as a loss? Just like Alabama, the next game will be an embarrassment as well. If this is true, BA should be canned tomorrow.
It came up in a few posts on page 2 of the "Who should be our next HC" thread. A few posts mostly going from his tone on the radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic