The end of the College Sports

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Texasaggie1
Has thanked: 0

The end of the College Sports

Post by Texasaggie1 » December 5th, 2023, 3:07 pm

NIL has killed a lot of enjoyment for college sports, but it looks like the final piece is about to be rolled out where the top schools will now be professional teams

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... -nil-deals

From the NCAA President:

"If Division I schools choose to adopt the rules, they would be allowed to enter into name, image and likeness deals directly with their athletes. The new rules would also create a new subdivision of Division I schools that would be allowed to create its own set of rules for recruiting, transfers, roster size and a wide range of other policies. To be a part of that subdivision, each school would have to put millions of dollars each year into a trust fund for athletes."

I don't like watching the NBA or NFL as the pure joy of sports is gone when they become entitled athletes IMO.
These users thanked the author Texasaggie1 for the post:
ViAggie

Yossarian

Re: The end of the College Sports

Post by Yossarian » December 5th, 2023, 5:22 pm

Now the plan is to make more entitled athletes, only younger. They will be insufferably more obnoxious. What is more pleasant than a young person with more money than they know what to do with? The only thing I can think of is the sports talk show hosts and callers who make it their livelihood to blather on non- stop about these kids while sniffing their jocks.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » December 5th, 2023, 6:13 pm

Let's get it over with. My guess is this semi pro/league will fall flat on its face.
These users thanked the author Blitz79 for the post:
trevordude

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » December 5th, 2023, 6:27 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
December 5th, 2023, 6:13 pm
Let's get it over with. My guess is this semi pro/league will fall flat on its face.
USFL, XFL.... are you implying there isn't an appetite for this niche?
These users thanked the author trevordude for the post:
aggies22

Not sent from Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic