In stadium video boards

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Foolonthehill

In stadium video boards

Post by Foolonthehill » November 18th, 2023, 11:31 pm

This is a small potatoes complaint but can someone please explain why the folks directing the video boards think it’s a good idea to show opposing fans? I’m a Utah State fan attending a game at Utah State. I don’t need to see Boise fans yucking it up (before the game was out of hand) or some jacka@@ wearing a ybu hat (earlier in the season).

I assume the video board directors think it would be funny to have an energized Maverick Stadium crowd boo the person they show. That hasn’t been what’s happened. They just end up giving these opposition clowns a platform to show off in our house.
Last edited by Foolonthehill on November 19th, 2023, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Foolonthehill for the post (total 10):
Aggies1888EngineeringAggieAggiecpaHootAggie in Boiseflying_scotsman2.0aggies22FullAV8AGcdaAg

2004AG

Re: In stadium video boards

Post by 2004AG » November 18th, 2023, 11:40 pm

Foolonthehill wrote:This is a small potatoes complaint but can someone please explain why the folks directing the video boards think it’s a good idea to show opposing fans? I’m an Utah State fan attending a game at Utah State. I don’t need to see Boise fans yucking it up (before the game was out of hand) or some jacka@@ wearing a ybu hat (earlier in the season.

I assume the video board directors think it would be funny to have an energized Maverick Stadium crowd boo the person they show. That hasn’t been what’s happened. They just end up giving these opposition clowns a platform to show off in our house.
We were wondering the same thing each of the 35 times they put Boise fans on the video board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 3):
aggies22AV8AGsam tingey

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » November 18th, 2023, 11:42 pm

They even put them on the kissing cam. I was annoyed by it too, but what can you do?
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22AV8AG

Bigger_Blue_Aggie

Post by Bigger_Blue_Aggie » November 19th, 2023, 7:30 am

2004AG wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 11:40 pm
Foolonthehill wrote:This is a small potatoes complaint but can someone please explain why the folks directing the video boards think it’s a good idea to show opposing fans? I’m an Utah State fan attending a game at Utah State. I don’t need to see Boise fans yucking it up (before the game was out of hand) or some jacka@@ wearing a ybu hat (earlier in the season.

We were wondering the same thing each of the 35 times they put Boise fans on the video board.

It's total crap maybe they need to find an operator that's not a closet Boise fan?
These users thanked the author Bigger_Blue_Aggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22DreadPirateRoberts

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 19th, 2023, 7:44 am

Bigger_Blue_Aggie wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 7:30 am
2004AG wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 11:40 pm

It's total crap maybe they need to find an operator that's not a closet Boise fan?
There are several usu employees who are closet donks.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
aggies22

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2023, 8:19 am

EngineeringAggie wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 11:42 pm
They even put them on the kissing cam. I was annoyed by it too, but what can you do?
Complain about it. People come here to take screen shots of what you say and send it to the SID and AD office.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Bullnamed_gusFan4AggieballAZ

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 19th, 2023, 8:27 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:19 am
EngineeringAggie wrote:
Complain about it. People come here to take screen shots of what you say and send it to the SID and AD office.
If we complain about the DC enough will someone send a screenshot to Diana, and will Diana do something about it
These users thanked the author Bullnamed_gus for the post (total 3):
GameFAQSAggieaggies22Fan4AggieballAZ

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2023, 8:28 am

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:27 am
aggies22 wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
If we complain about the DC enough will someone send a screenshot to Diana, and will Diana do something about it
You'd be shocked at how quickly things get around.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Bullnamed_gus

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 19th, 2023, 8:54 am

:utah:
aggies22 wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:28 am
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
The boards are watched very closely

And yes... the Boise fans on the board was crap.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
aggies22

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 19th, 2023, 8:57 am

aggies22 wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
Just like your mother!

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » November 19th, 2023, 9:54 am

^^^^
I agree. It happened so much you'd have thought it was a BSU home game.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22Full

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 19th, 2023, 10:02 am

WasatchAggie wrote:^^^^
I agree. It happened so much you'd have thought it was a BSU home game.
When that many opposing fans show up, everyone, from fans to game management, needs to do everything possible to make it harder on the opposition. The video board operator did a piss poor job. It really pissed me off actually.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
aggies22

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2023, 10:04 am

Hoot wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:57 am
aggies22 wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
Just like your mother!
That's a Hoot......

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » November 19th, 2023, 10:39 am

Not surprising, the USU game atmosphere is pathetic. Replays are pretty much non-existent. Same promotions game after game, year after year. PA announcer has no clue who anyone is or what is going on on the field, my data does not work for me, no game stats to see anywhere, no halftime or other entertainment besides the band. Prices for parking and the games are always going up, yet the on-field product is worse and worse every year. USU athletics is like Logan City, they want to act like they are "Big Time" but they are far from it.
Last edited by JFWAggie on November 19th, 2023, 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » November 19th, 2023, 11:07 am

aggies22 wrote:
EngineeringAggie wrote:
It was annoying as hel. Seemed like it was 50/50 bsu to usu fans on video. Not cool.
I’ve always thought the guy in the yeti suit was kinda cute but he spent all night tossing trump hats to the crowd and posing for pictures with the bsu fans. He can kick rocks also

shoresy

Post by shoresy » November 19th, 2023, 12:14 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 10:39 am
Not surprising, the USU game atmosphere is pathetic. Replays are pretty much non-existent. Same promotions game after game, year after year. PA announcer has no clue who anyone is or what is going on on the field, my data does not work for me, no game stats to see anywhere, no halftime or other entertainment besides the band. Prices for parking and the games are always going up, yet the on-field product is worse and worse every year. USU athletics is like Logan City, they want to act like they are "Big Time" but they are far from it.
Holy cow this place has turned into a b*tchfest lately.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 19th, 2023, 12:37 pm

Also would prefer if our announcer didn't say "if you are a running back, Boise would be a great place to go" like Scotty G said in the 4th quarter last night. Our announcer should be a partisan Aggie homer like Al Lewis was.

DreadPirateRoberts

Post by DreadPirateRoberts » November 20th, 2023, 12:29 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
I agree with all this. The only improvement I have seen is in the variety of food available to buy. I still can't believe they don't sell Scotsman dogs at the concessions though.

The Dread Pirate Roberts leaves no survivors.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » November 20th, 2023, 12:55 pm

DreadPirateRoberts wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 12:29 pm
JFWAggie wrote:
I agree with all this. The only improvement I have seen is in the variety of food available to buy. I still can't believe they don't sell Scotsman dogs at the concessions though.
I disagree about this 100% with regards to the prices of parking and games. You can park across the street from the stadium for $10. Been the same for years and you can literally not do that anywhere else in the conference, let alone FBS in general. It actually ticks me off because they let anyone park in the same lot for $10 that I have my parking pass for for season tix and it fills up with opposing fans when we play utah or byu. We should be charging MORE for parking that close without parking pass or not even allow it without a parking pass. On this item, I can only assume people are complaining without knowing what is really going on. $20 to $40 or more is more typical.

You can get season tickets for the equivalent of less than $25 a game with great seats (there are no bad seats in the MAV unlike a lot of other stadiums). Individual game tix can be had for $25 as well in the primary market. Most of these prices have changed little through the years. These prices have gone up over time, but so has our conference affiliation and our facilities and our tix are still WAY cheaper that just about anywhere else.

And while there are improvements to be made, I don't think that anyone not showing up would suddenly come if the halftime entertainment was better or if the PA announcer announced names correctly. Part of the issue here is Blake alienated a lot of fans last year and the team and department hasn't really put in the work since the days of GA to make the community feel like this is their team.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 4):
Fulltjensen_25Aggiefan33PIGSKINAGGIE

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

RogerAndersen

Post by RogerAndersen » November 20th, 2023, 1:26 pm

Watch It!

Too much original or creative thinking is gonna make you persona non grata around our athletic Dept and USU food service!.

It's a Hot Dog! And a really bad one at that. I have made hot dogs in my microwave that are somehow much better than what they try to sell for $7 at the Mav.

Heaven forbid we ever try anything other than than basic standard western family dogs and buns you can buy a pack of 8 of each for $3 bucks at any local grocery store.

And if that is just too bland for you, USU Food Service will offer ketchup AND mustard and Popcorn.

Not like the spicy brown mustard, mind you and not like the popcorn you can shake your own flavorings on like at a movie theatre.

You start calling them "Scotsman Dogs" and "Aggie Corn"
and the next thing people will start clamoring for is for USU Food Service to get super crazy and think about selling an actual bratwurst of knockwurst cooked on an open flame.

We could NOT do that!! USU Food Service does what it does. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!

Quit looking for improvement. That is not their gig.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » November 20th, 2023, 1:32 pm

RogerAndersen wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 1:26 pm
Watch It!

Too much original or creative thinking is gonna make you persona non grata around our athletic Dept and USU food service!.

It's a Hot Dog! And a really bad one at that. I have made hot dogs in my microwave that are somehow much better than what they try to sell for $7 at the Mav.

Heaven forbid we ever try anything other than than basic standard western family dogs and buns you can buy a pack of 8 of each for $3 bucks at any local grocery store.

And if that is just too bland for you, USU Food Service will offer ketchup AND mustard and Popcorn.

Not like the spicy brown mustard, mind you and not like the popcorn you can shake your own flavorings on like at a movie theatre.

and the next thing people will start clamoring for is for USU Food Service to get super crazy and think about selling an actual bratwurst of knockwurst cooked on an open flame.

We could NOT do that!! USU Food Service does what it does. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!

JDawgs hot dogs at the game are way better than what I can do in my microwave

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Full

Post by Full » November 20th, 2023, 1:56 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
I’ll agree with the issues with mispronounced names of seniors. “Jalen” Davis back to receive the punt multiple times. I know we tried a new in-game announcer that was pumping up the crowd on an offensive fourth down, but there has to be someone else capable.

The rest of that. Seats are cheaper than most of the conference. Parking is awesome. Having stats and data available would be nice, but it’s not a deal breaker. They used to have them on the scoreboard at the half, but I don’t think I’ve seen them in a while.

I will add a comment about the video board, although it’s basketball related. Coach Sprinkle looked up at the video board several times expecting to see a replay, and there was never going to be a replay played. I would love to watch a few more in-game replays.
These users thanked the author Full for the post:
sstrasser

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » November 20th, 2023, 2:13 pm

GeoAg wrote:
RogerAndersen wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 1:26 pm
Watch It!

JDawgs hot dogs at the game are way better than what I can do in my microwave
JDawgs are tremendous and are NOT a run of the mill hot dog.

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » November 20th, 2023, 3:26 pm

GeoAg wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 12:55 pm
JFWAggie wrote:
I disagree about this 100% with regards to the prices of parking and games. You can park across the street from the stadium for $10. Been the same for years and you can literally not do that anywhere else in the conference, let alone FBS in general. It actually ticks me off because they let anyone park in the same lot for $10 that I have my parking pass for for season tix and it fills up with opposing fans when we play utah or byu. We should be charging MORE for parking that close without parking pass or not even allow it without a parking pass. On this item, I can only assume people are complaining without knowing what is really going on. $20 to $40 or more is more typical.

You can get season tickets for the equivalent of less than $25 a game with great seats (there are no bad seats in the MAV unlike a lot of other stadiums). Individual game tix can be had for $25 as well in the primary market. Most of these prices have changed little through the years. These prices have gone up over time, but so has our conference affiliation and our facilities and our tix are still WAY cheaper that just about anywhere else.

And while there are improvements to be made, I don't think that anyone not showing up would suddenly come if the halftime entertainment was better or if the PA announcer announced names correctly. Part of the issue here is Blake alienated a lot of fans last year and the team and department hasn't really put in the work since the days of GA to make the community feel like this is their team.
I get you do not know my specific situation, I am not going to explain it in detail, but my points to me and those that sit around me are mutual and valid.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » November 20th, 2023, 4:31 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 3:26 pm
GeoAg wrote:
November 20th, 2023, 12:55 pm
JFWAggie wrote:

I get you do not know my specific situation, I am not going to explain it in detail, but my points to me and those that sit around me are mutual and valid.
Maybe the price has gone up to park the private jet over at the airport? :lol:

Just having fun. The fact remains, on price for parking and tickets, we are more affordable than literally every place I have ever visited. We all make decisions on what is important to us that impacts the prices we pay and are willing to pay.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic