Honest Question

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieUprising50

Honest Question

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 21st, 2023, 8:57 pm

Should we start Legas next week?

I get that the O-line got their lunch handed to them. I get that Hillstead is the future. However, as good as he's been, he has not won a game for us yet. Legas on the other hand has.

Also, we need to go back to a 3-4 defense. We have not had a good defense since we've switched to a 4-man front.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post (total 2):
Section_L_Aggiehickaggie

GameFAQSAggie

Re: Honest Question

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 21st, 2023, 9:00 pm

Yes. Even if his turnover problems continue, Hillstead has shown he is better coming off the bench than starting.

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » October 21st, 2023, 9:08 pm

Honest answer, who gives a (I can't express myself without swearing) this season is a waste. I am contemplating if I even want to go to another home game this year or renew my tickets next year, we are regressing every year he is coach
These users thanked the author JFWAggie for the post (total 3):
SaintAggieutahcountyaggieSwaggieAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 21st, 2023, 9:19 pm

Legas should start the rest of the year. It was ridiculous legas was pulled. He wasn't perfect, but played well the last 3 games.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 21st, 2023, 9:23 pm

I think you start Legas, I think he gives you the best chance to get bowl eligible.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2023, 9:28 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 8:57 pm

I get that the O-line got their lunch handed to them. I get that Hillstead is the future. However, as good as he's been, he has not won a game for us yet. Legas on the other hand has.

Also, we need to go back to a 3-4 defense. We have not had a good defense since we've switched to a 4-man front.
Agree 100% on the defense other than with our secondary I would probably go to a 3 3 5 and let the secondary cover the eligibles for the most part in cover 0 and cover 1 and see if the other six can somehow figure out how to pressure the QB and plug some gaps without making them think about much else. Cauthern is a stubborn bastard or dumb because he won't adjust to his guys. Not that he has many guys.

On the QB front it doesn't matter. Legas would have lost too. So would anyone except maybe sans healthy Chuckie who could make them pay for pinning their ears back a bit. He was really the rare guy who could negate a trashy pass blocking oline.

These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
3rdGenAggie

utahcountyaggie

Post by utahcountyaggie » October 21st, 2023, 9:56 pm

SHOULD we start Legas? Yes.
WILL Blake start Legas? No.

Blake has some kind of fetish about putting Cooper down. Even the past couple games when Coop has played pretty darn well….Blake has SCREAMED in his face after every possession.
Sure didn’t see him act that way towards Hillstead, tonight. Even after some STUPID picks.
These users thanked the author utahcountyaggie for the post:
AgMac

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » October 21st, 2023, 9:58 pm

utahcountyaggie wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 9:56 pm
SHOULD we start Legas? Yes.
WILL Blake start Legas? No.

Blake has some kind of fetish about putting Cooper down. Even the past couple games when Coop has played pretty darn well….Blake has SCREAMED in his face after every possession.
Sure didn’t see him act that way towards Hillstead, tonight. Even after some STUPID picks.
I’ve noticed it. It’s so weird how he zooms in on Cooper in all aspects and is so critical. It drives me nuts.

I’ve always been a Blake supporter and really liked for the job. This instance though has really soured me.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 3):
AgliciousutahcountyaggieAgMac

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 21st, 2023, 10:08 pm

I would probably start Legas, if for nothing else, to not shatter Hillstead's confidence. I don't think we have the defense to compete no matter who starts or plays more at QB. Without a serviceable OL or DL, we will continue to lose. At some point line play needs to become the focus of this program.

Also, watching our slow LBs chasing plays from behind, taking horrid angles, and getting bulled over is so foreign to Aggie D. Even our poor teams have had stud LBs.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 21st, 2023, 10:13 pm

I think both QBs should sit next week and then it didn’t matter who starts after that. It really doesn’t. The QB isn’t the problem. Our defense can’t guard a chair as without turnovers (which have been huge) we would be there laughing stalk of the country.

I guess BA needs to go watch more film to determine who’s fault everything was tonight and then he’ll reevaluate and start MH in two weeks. I sure hope he cosched him up real hard during the game, that will certainly fix our O-line that can’t block a Twinkie and our special teams that were awful tonight with the fumble, bad punt, and running a kickoff out of bounds at the 15.

QB and who plays doesn’t matter. They are interchangeable.
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post (total 2):
hickaggieSwaggieAggie

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 21st, 2023, 10:15 pm

Aglicious wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 10:08 pm
I would probably start Legas, if for nothing else, to not shatter Hillstead's confidence. I don't think we have the defense to compete no matter who starts or plays more at QB. Without a serviceable OL or DL, we will continue to lose. At some point line play needs to become the focus of this program.

Also, watching our slow LBs chasing plays from behind, taking horrid angles, and getting bulled over is so foreign to Aggie D. Even our poor teams have had stud LBs.
Amen.

I love MJ but he just doesn’t have the speed or athleticism to play middle LB. There were several time tonight he absolutely whiffed trying to make a tackle and several times couldn’t make a tackle after making contact. This can’t happen. We don’t have a LB that has enough speed to get to the edge or even cover a Rb out of the backfield. Tonight they played Pili at n stead of Joyce. Both are horrible. My question is where is Barthiel? He seems to have had some good moments early and looks to be a little more athletic but he doesn’t see the field.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2023, 10:29 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 10:15 pm
Aglicious wrote:

Amen.

I love MJ but he just doesn’t have the speed or athleticism to play middle LB. There were several time tonight he absolutely whiffed trying to make a tackle and several times couldn’t make a tackle after making contact. This can’t happen. We don’t have a LB that has enough speed to get to the edge or even cover a Rb out of the backfield. Tonight they played Pili at n stead of Joyce. Both are horrible. My question is where is Barthiel? He seems to have had some good moments early and looks to be a little more athletic but he doesn’t see the field.
The D has no chance. It is schemed wrong for the little talent it has.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 21st, 2023, 10:31 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 10:15 pm
Aglicious wrote:

Amen.

I don't think you will shatter his confidence but I do think he might shatter about everything else the way it went tonight.

GrandPoubah

Post by GrandPoubah » October 21st, 2023, 11:01 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 9:00 pm
Yes. Even if his turnover problems continue, Hillstead has shown he is better coming off the bench than starting.
Coop was on pace for more yards than Bonner was in 2021 AND he has a better passer rating the 2021 Bonner - look it up.

His "problems with turnovers" is a Blake manifested problem. Is any turnover a problem. Hell yes.

Does he have less of turnover rate that MH? Hell yes.

What the hell Blake? Stop playing God. Just because you say its true, it doesn't make it true.
These users thanked the author GrandPoubah for the post:
FL350Aggie

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » October 21st, 2023, 11:12 pm

Hillstead is lucky he didn’t have 4 picks tonight.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
SpartanDrew15

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 21st, 2023, 11:19 pm

And Legas threw late and under threw guys all night last week. The point here is the debate should but be about the QB. It should be about the piss poor coaching, defense, special teams, and offense line.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 21st, 2023, 11:26 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 11:12 pm
Hillstead is lucky he didn’t have 4 picks tonight.
Cooper should have had four or five picks last week.

Around we go.

When the OL blocks, they both play well.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Aglicious

Hoot

Post by Hoot » October 21st, 2023, 11:26 pm

I’ve said it for a few weeks now but I’ll say it again. These guys need an actual QB coach. Blake can still be involved somewhat but he’s not getting the job done.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
FloridaAggie13

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » October 21st, 2023, 11:26 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:

Can't just flip a switch there. We don't have the personnel for it
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
Hoot

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 21st, 2023, 11:28 pm

Hoot wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 11:26 pm
I’ve said it for a few weeks now but I’ll say it again. These guys need an actual QB coach. Blake can still be involved somewhat but he’s not getting the job done.
Especially while also being the OC and play caller. It is just too much for a head coach to juggle all of that.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 22nd, 2023, 8:41 am

hickaggie wrote:
October 21st, 2023, 9:28 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:

Agree 100% on the defense other than with our secondary I would probably go to a 3 3 5 and let the secondary cover the eligibles for the most part in cover 0 and cover 1 and see if the other six can somehow figure out how to pressure the QB and plug some gaps without making them think about much else. Cauthern is a stubborn bastard or dumb because he won't adjust to his guys. Not that he has many guys.

On the QB front it doesn't matter. Legas would have lost too. So would anyone except maybe sans healthy Chuckie who could make them pay for pinning their ears back a bit. He was really the rare guy who could negate a trashy pass blocking oline.

The problem we now have is we've put all our recruiting eggs in the 4-2-5 basket. We are 5 deep at DT with scholarship dudes and we have nowhere near the talent OR depth to put 3 linebackers out there.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » October 22nd, 2023, 8:47 am

Absolutely not. According to someone that acts like they know, Legas is gone via the portal. This season seems much closer to gone after last night. Hillstead is no longer a redshirt candidate. He did not play well last night, but no one did. It’s time to start thinking about next year. I still think Hillstead has what it takes to be successful at this level. With all of this said, I think Blake has been horrible with his decision making with QB play. I don’t think many on here would have had any problem starting legas. But it’s over and done with. The red shirt is gone and apparently Legas is gone. Time to start building for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoot

Post by Hoot » October 22nd, 2023, 9:03 am

FeartheFro wrote:
October 22nd, 2023, 8:47 am
Absolutely not. According to someone that acts like they know, Legas is gone via the portal. This season seems much closer to gone after last night. Hillstead is no longer a redshirt candidate. He did not play well last night, but no one did. It’s time to start thinking about next year. I still think Hillstead has what it takes to be successful at this level. With all of this said, I think Blake has been horrible with his decision making with QB play. I don’t think many on here would have had any problem starting legas. But it’s over and done with. The red shirt is gone and apparently Legas is gone. Time to start building for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mrs. Legas (@NoOline) is not aware of Cooper eying the portal.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 22nd, 2023, 9:36 am

aggies22 wrote:
October 22nd, 2023, 8:41 am
hickaggie wrote:
AggieUprising50 wrote:

The problem we now have is we've put all our recruiting eggs in the 4-2-5 basket. We are 5 deep at DT with scholarship dudes and we have nowhere near the talent OR depth to put 3 linebackers out there.
5 deep at DT and not one who can command a double team and not one DE who has an effective pass rush move let alone bull rush anyone.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 22nd, 2023, 9:40 am

hickaggie wrote:
October 22nd, 2023, 9:36 am
aggies22 wrote:
October 22nd, 2023, 8:41 am
hickaggie wrote:
AggieUprising50 wrote:

5 deep at DT and not one who can command a double team and not one DE who has an effective pass rush move let alone bull rush anyone.

I get that we are sparse at backer but with a 3 man front you just try to get 3 big guys to take some oline man down with them and put your next best 8 athletes out there and see if they can at least get an offense off balance with some chaos. It couldn’t be worse than this joke.

Locked Previous topicNext topic