So on Rivals they say that Nevada is the last hurdle for BSU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USUinventedswagger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So on Rivals they say that Nevada is the last hurdle for BSU

Post by USUinventedswagger » November 24th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Only more bulletin board material for our Aggies. December 4th is going to be a great day. I almost feel bad for the Donkeys. KEEP DISRESPECTING, KEEP HATING, KEEP TELLING THE WORLD USU WON'T BE A CHALLENGE!!!

Once thing I know is our team will be ready, and Boise State wins, they will have to lay it all out there. It is going to be a war!

Go Aggies!

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Re: So on Rivals they say that Nevada is the last hurdle for

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 24th, 2010, 7:45 pm

they'll have to play better than they did in week 1, and they haven't approached that level any time since. Even then chances are slim

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 24th, 2010, 7:59 pm

They're right. This team has no fire right now, that will not change with that statement.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

trehogi74

Post by trehogi74 » November 24th, 2010, 9:43 pm

I don't see USU staying within 50. I hate bsu, but they're a fantastic football team THIS YEAR. This too will end, and end fast.

If the Florida Gators cannot sustain it, how in the _ _ _ _ can the bsu broncos?

Crusaders

Post by Crusaders » November 24th, 2010, 10:03 pm

It would be Oh so sweet if USU could knock off the mighty Boise football team! Not a small task though. In my personal opinion, they are a LEGIT top 3 team. Their offense gets a lot of publicity, but their defense is freakin unbelievable. Good luck Aggies!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 24th, 2010, 10:06 pm

They will be playing for a chance at the National Championship game. If they don't beat us by 70, the media and coaches will say they shouldn't be in the game. They have plenty to play for.

MilesDavis

Post by MilesDavis » November 24th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Crusaders wrote:It would be Oh so sweet if USU could knock off the mighty Boise football team! Not a small task though. In my personal opinion, they are a LEGIT top 3 team. Their offense gets a lot of publicity, but their defense is freakin unbelievable. Good luck Aggies!
Hey-- our women's volleyball team just took out the number 3 team in the country. I say let's go for more of that action! :scotsman:

Crusaders

Post by Crusaders » November 24th, 2010, 10:31 pm

MilesDavis wrote:
Crusaders wrote:It would be Oh so sweet if USU could knock off the mighty Boise football team! Not a small task though. In my personal opinion, they are a LEGIT top 3 team. Their offense gets a lot of publicity, but their defense is freakin unbelievable. Good luck Aggies!
Hey-- our women's volleyball team just took out the number 3 team in the country. I say let's go for more of that action! :scotsman:

Ouch Miles... You cut me deep! Real deep! lol.

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » November 25th, 2010, 8:44 am

USUinventedswagger wrote:Only more bulletin board material for our Aggies. December 4th is going to be a great day. I almost feel bad for the Donkeys. KEEP DISRESPECTING, KEEP HATING, KEEP TELLING THE WORLD USU WON'T BE A CHALLENGE!!!

Once thing I know is our team will be ready, and Boise State wins, they will have to lay it all out there. It is going to be a war!

Go Aggies!
I've been telling myself this for the last 5 games and have yet to see them come out and actually play. I'm not banking on it for the Boise game.

Blue Away

Post by Blue Away » November 26th, 2010, 8:18 am

My big question is how does Boise take two and three star players and get them to play up so well, so consistently? Coaching and cohesive recruiting is the magic foundation of Boise. I been really impressed with the fundamental quality of Boise this year, compared to my thoughts on them in other years. I hope we can get close someday.

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » November 26th, 2010, 11:29 am

Its the attitude and culture of winning. After a generation of winning, it is hard to get your players to expect to win.

Big Blue

What have we done to change anybody elses...

Post by Big Blue » November 26th, 2010, 7:17 pm

opinion? We are still in the infancy of this turn around. We have to make up for 30 years of neglect. The right team is in place. But as long as people keep being on the cheap, we will never catch-up. As a friend of mine says, "talk is cheap but it takes money to buy Whiskey!" Well folks, we're in the "buying whiskey" time. If we want to get better, we need to pay until it hurts. Many of you say you can't afford to do anything. BOGUS. You'll buy Pizza and Beer or whatever your favorites are, but to give an extra $25 bucks a semester, well you can't find that.

That is the difference between Boise and us. Their students voted much larger increases in athletic funds on their tuition because they want to be winners not also-rans. Many of us old heads and former graduates have paid into Aggie-up, bought lockers and square footage of turf, increased donations to Big Blue or to football, and we are not rich either. But we had a passion for Aggies football to try and bring it back to the glory days of your...when We regularly kicked the butts of both BYU and Utah as well as some bigger targets. Kansas State, Memphis State, Kentucky, Army when they were good, and others.

Define passion: Passion is sitting in the driving rain or snow after everyone else has wimped out and gone home to cheer the Aggies onward. Passion is going to the games even when you know the chance of winning is slim. Passion is giving up your aliegence to BYU or Utah because you are at USU and that is your school now. Cubs fans know what this means, they haven't won for ages but they are still Cubs fans. Well, once you are an Aggie, you are always and Aggies, not just for basketball. That's an easy way out to just follow the winners. YOU have to invest everything to be a real Aggies. The winning and the losing! When you can show up, money in hand, when things seem the worst and support a team that truly needs supporting, The bad with the good, then the big "A" of Aggiedom has been branded on you heart and you won't care anymore whether they win or lose because they will be Your Aggies.

Here's hoping each of you is more than talk, more about "buying Whiskey!" :scotsman: :utah: :state: :scotsman:

Locked Previous topicNext topic