New OL Looking Good

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
utahcountyaggie

New OL Looking Good

Post by utahcountyaggie » September 30th, 2023, 12:45 pm

Didn’t notice exactly when (maybe halftime), but the new OLine has been looking much better. Replaced everyone but Andersen.

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Running much better and looking good in pass protection.
These users thanked the author utahcountyaggie for the post (total 2):
trevordudecdaAg

GeoAg

Re: New OL Looking Good

Post by GeoAg » September 30th, 2023, 1:31 pm

That switch made a huge difference
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 2):
trevordudehipsterdoofus21

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 1:33 pm

Our OL for next season should be Motu'apuaka, Radford, Maui, Andersen, and Sia.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 30th, 2023, 1:51 pm

Motu sat too. It was Maui, Bowles, Anderson, Radford, and Knapp

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 30th, 2023, 1:59 pm

Much better, until we ran Briggs into their a**es 3 straight plays inside the redzone.
Last edited by hipsterdoofus21 on September 30th, 2023, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
aggies22Fan4AggieballAZ3rdGenAggie

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:04 pm

GeoAg wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 1:51 pm
Motu sat too. It was Maui, Bowles, Anderson, Radford, and Knapp
Motu'apuaka's blocking is a bit inconsistent with being a RS Freshman, but he has had some big blocks.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
Fan4AggieballAZ

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » September 30th, 2023, 6:25 pm

I’d probably add our (unsung);
oddly used at times position like TE makes a big difference like today with a few key blocks and a few balls caught to move the chains (plus lined up wide a lot as decoy for the O) that help keep WR’s getting open more in this offensive scheme.

Disclaimer (I may be bias a bit….) lol

Loco bur nice team “W…”
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post (total 6):
usugoalie13aggies22cdaAgosuaggieAggieFBObsessionbigblue32

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 30th, 2023, 6:36 pm

Brock had a great game. So glad ge is staying healthy!
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 3):
Fan4AggieballAZaggies22cdaAg

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 30th, 2023, 6:42 pm

Loved seeing Broc out on the outside blocking on the WR screen to Royals..Finally!! Finally a blocker that is a man and can maintain a block against a DB. I have no idea why we run those 2 and 3 WR sets to one side and throw to the biggest WR of the bunch while the smallest guys are left to try and block. More times than not they get blown up.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 5):
Fan4AggieballAZUSU78aggies22BustaMcNuttcdaAg

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » September 30th, 2023, 7:37 pm

It was a fantastic block, totally sealed his guy and gave Royals a great lane (no pun intended).
These users thanked the author cdaAg for the post (total 2):
USU78Fan4AggieballAZ

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » September 30th, 2023, 10:43 pm

Thanks gents; I know he loves being out there and contributing where he can. Whether blocking, route decoy, some special teams kick-off fun or snaggin’ a few balls….to move the chains! But I’m sure he’d love a deep seam route and a chance to run in space with the ball…or some RZ love hahaha

Not a pretty W but I believe it could change the course of the season….Their 2nd half antics is amazing vs. 1st…

But still not a fan of the conservative play-calling or lateral run plays at so many times when they had a chance to seal the game late …before even needing that last blocked PAT play…

But I know Broc believes in the team (loves the peops in Logan) and is happy being involved more this season..and loves his position coach and being joysticks out there!!!
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post (total 6):
jazzdog56466bigblue32PIGSKINAGGIEaggies22travelingaggAggiefan33

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » October 1st, 2023, 10:47 pm

utahcountyaggie wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 12:45 pm
Didn’t notice exactly when (maybe halftime), but the new OLine has been looking much better. Replaced everyone but Andersen.

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Went back and looked. With the exception of Bowles, this crew started the game. Mostly the same OL in the first abd second halves
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
aggies22

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 2nd, 2023, 5:34 am

I didn’t know much about the ins and outs of OL play. During the JMU game it stood out to me how Jekyll and Hyde we were in that game, almost play to play and MH looked great when he wasn’t running for his life and getting knocked on his @ss.

What about the OL could get them to be consistent. They are capable of playing great, but often break down. This appeared to be the same in the UConn game and they got MH hurt.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » October 2nd, 2023, 8:46 am

Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:Thanks gents; I know he loves being out there and contributing where he can. Whether blocking, route decoy, some special teams kick-off fun or snaggin’ a few balls….to move the chains! But I’m sure he’d love a deep seam route and a chance to run in space with the ball…or some RZ love hahaha

Not a pretty W but I believe it could change the course of the season….Their 2nd half antics is amazing vs. 1st…

But still not a fan of the conservative play-calling or lateral run plays at so many times when they had a chance to seal the game late …before even needing that last blocked PAT play…

But I know Broc believes in the team (loves the peops in Logan) and is happy being involved more this season..and loves his position coach and being joysticks out there!!!
Amen to some of the play calling. I also wish they would dial up some seam stuff for the TE. It’ll be open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
Fan4AggieballAZ

utahcountyaggie

Post by utahcountyaggie » October 2nd, 2023, 1:03 pm

GeoAg wrote:
October 1st, 2023, 10:47 pm
utahcountyaggie wrote:

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Went back and looked. With the exception of Bowles, this crew started the game. Mostly the same OL in the first abd second halves
Ah, you are correct. Knapp, Meacham, Maui, Radford, Andersen started the game, with Bowles eventually replacing Meacham.
I'll amend my original statement..... the new OL looked HORRIBLE to start the game, and seems to have made some great adjustments at half (which maybe included the Bowles for Meacham swap).

22/anyone, do we know if the decisions on Maui over Alo at Center, Radford over Motu'apuaka at RG and Knapp over Frias/Motes at LT were injury or performance related?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 2nd, 2023, 1:05 pm

Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 10:43 pm
Thanks gents; I know he loves being out there and contributing where he can. Whether blocking, route decoy, some special teams kick-off fun or snaggin’ a few balls….to move the chains! But I’m sure he’d love a deep seam route and a chance to run in space with the ball…or some RZ love hahaha

I was down on the sidelines before the game and saw Broc and he's a mountain of a man. Dude is SOLID. Glad to see him being utilized more and more.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 3):
utahcountyaggieFan4AggieballAZaggies22

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » October 2nd, 2023, 1:06 pm

GeoAg wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Was it a good halftime speech that made the difference then?

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 2nd, 2023, 1:27 pm

BA said Alo was hurt.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
utahcountyaggie

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » October 2nd, 2023, 1:32 pm

treesap32 wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 1:05 pm
Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 10:43 pm

I was down on the sidelines before the game and saw Broc and he's a mountain of a man. Dude is SOLID. Glad to see him being utilized more and more.
Thanks my man! He’s grinding where/when he can for the Aggies for sure…. Let’s hope for a quicker start and a few more to the TE’s at times to move the chains on Sat… lol

Appreciate the love!
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post (total 2):
aggies22utahcountyaggie

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 2nd, 2023, 1:42 pm

We need to get Lane the ball a lot more, especially while Sterzer is out for a few more weeks. Sterzer is a much better blocking TE and we miss him in the run game this year. Broc is a better receiver and if given the chance could do some consistent damage.

DJ Tialavea is one of the best dudes on this staff and deserves tons of credit for the relationships he’s built and the recruiting he does.
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post (total 4):
Fan4AggieballAZhipsterdoofus21aggies22hickaggie

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 2nd, 2023, 2:46 pm

utahcountyaggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 1:03 pm
GeoAg wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Ah, you are correct. Knapp, Meacham, Maui, Radford, Andersen started the game, with Bowles eventually replacing Meacham.
I'll amend my original statement..... the new OL looked HORRIBLE to start the game, and seems to have made some great adjustments at half (which maybe included the Bowles for Meacham swap).

22/anyone, do we know if the decisions on Maui over Alo at Center, Radford over Motu'apuaka at RG and Knapp over Frias/Motes at LT were injury or performance related?
Cole Motes and Pule Alo are injured.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
utahcountyaggie

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 2nd, 2023, 3:35 pm

Seems we have so many injuries this season. I wonder if it's training and conditioning related, soft players, brutal practices or the undesirable end of the probably curve. Whatever it is the situation needs to be resolved. Comments welcome my friends, I'm just wondering W T H.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 2nd, 2023, 3:36 pm

dyedblue wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 1:42 pm
We need to get Lane the ball a lot more, especially while Sterzer is out for a few more weeks. Sterzer is a much better blocking TE and we miss him in the run game this year. Broc is a better receiver and if given the chance could do some consistent damage.

DJ Tialavea is one of the best dudes on this staff and deserves tons of credit for the relationships he’s built and the recruiting he does.
Sadly I'm not sure TE as a receiver is something Blake understands. I mean who else can do the job of diving into A gap to block for the RPO. I watch that play and wonder why at least they don't have some designs to leak him up the seam in a designed non-option pass or at least put him in position to come out of the block and be a check down. Its not as if he's in a position to be a pass blocker beyond the initial block anyway as he's going the wrong way.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
Fan4AggieballAZ

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 2nd, 2023, 3:41 pm

hickaggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 3:36 pm
dyedblue wrote:

Sadly I'm not sure TE as a receiver is something Blake understands. I mean who else can do the job of diving into A gap to block for the RPO. I watch that play and wonder why at least they don't have some designs to leak him up the seam in a designed non-option pass or at least put him in position to come out of the block and be a check down. Its not as if he's in a position to be a pass blocker beyond the initial block anyway as he's going the wrong way.

Interesting comment Hick. The Tight End who can catch the football presents a dilemma to smaller Defensive Backs who can wear down from taking on a player while giving up some 25 to 50 pounds. Contact has its price, even for the very tough football player. Vince Lombardi once noted that "Fatigue makes cowards of all players".
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
Fan4AggieballAZ

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 2nd, 2023, 4:46 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 3:35 pm
Seems we have so many injuries this season. I wonder if it's training and conditioning related, soft players, brutal practices or the undesirable end of the probably curve. Whatever it is the situation needs to be resolved. Comments welcome my friends, I'm just wondering W T H.
The Utah pukes and Kyle Whittingham would like a word.

Every team is banged up. Knock on wood we haven’t had a ton of season ending injuries. Hopefully, the next man up is ready.

SLB

Post by SLB » October 2nd, 2023, 4:58 pm

utahcountyaggie wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Wade should not be starting, and Motes was struggling too.
Removed Wade, Motes, and Alo, the o-line works. It has been something that I have pointed out all season.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 2nd, 2023, 5:00 pm

SLB wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 4:58 pm
utahcountyaggie wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Removed Wade, Motes, and Alo, the o-line works. It has been something that I have pointed out all season.
Agree. Can you fix the D line too?

SLB

Post by SLB » October 2nd, 2023, 5:05 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 5:00 pm
SLB wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Put Mells and Mosley in as starters, problem solved.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post (total 2):
utahcountyaggieAglicious

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 2nd, 2023, 5:18 pm

I hear Pule Alo is fast and athletic. Can we use him as a power/full back on some short yardage packages like UConn used their DT? If he has any hands we could even dump a few passes off to him. Like YBU used to do with Wakefield.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 2nd, 2023, 5:34 pm

SLB wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 5:05 pm
Elkaggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 5:00 pm
SLB wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
utahcountyaggie wrote:

Knapp LT
Bowles LG
Maui C
Radford RG
Andersen RT

Put Mells and Mosley in as starters, problem solved.
Amen!! Nothing but a head scratcher, esp considering Mells did not play one snap Saturday. He need to be given a chance. Especially with his size.

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » October 2nd, 2023, 6:22 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 3:41 pm
hickaggie wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

Interesting comment Hick. The Tight End who can catch the football presents a dilemma to smaller Defensive Backs who can wear down from taking on a player while giving up some 25 to 50 pounds. Contact has its price, even for the very tough football player. Vince Lombardi once noted that "Fatigue makes cowards of all players".
Broc loves DJ; he’s the only Coach left from when he was recruited and came there! I think DJ and the WR coach battle for reps for their players for sure! I agree on Sterz; maybe two more games out left only I hope. Broc loves when he lines up in 12’s with him! Broc has become much more of a blocker this year but he was a running back/slot first two years in HS. Just once; he’s open a lot initially: I’d love to see him get the rock in space; if you’ve seen a few of his snags; he’s not the easiest to tackle. He’s over 6’4 245 and runs a low 4.6 but he does as much as you can in their O and tries to get open and be a physical blocker for now! He’s just haps also to be out there and used alot and kickoffs..etc.

Thanks Aggie brethren…Hoping they get to .500 on Sat (they need a solid W) and a better 1st quarter and less lateral movement play calling.

The next week they get FSU’s QB who was his flag football/PW QB buddy and high school rival team QB and he doesn’t wanna lost to him lol

Appreciate the support and YES he does enjoy being productive and out there helping this year for sure…

Course as a dad I love that he’s been ALL-Mountain West academic team for three years in a row; but he just smiles on that :)
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post (total 3):
PIGSKINAGGIEutahcountyaggieaggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 3rd, 2023, 2:35 pm

hickaggie wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

Tight end pop. I love that play.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Fan4AggieballAZ

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » October 3rd, 2023, 3:42 pm

Kinda makes sense brother: seems to work wonders for Georgia….with their athletic used in space and quick routes for their TE :)

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 3rd, 2023, 4:03 pm

Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 3:42 pm
Kinda makes sense brother: seems to work wonders for Georgia….with their athletic used in space and quick routes for their TE :)
I'll bet you didn't know the father of Brock Bowers played center here in the early 90's.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
Fan4AggieballAZUSU78FloridaAggie13

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » October 6th, 2023, 1:38 am

aggies22 wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 2:35 pm
hickaggie wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

Tight end pop. I love that play.
It’d work wonders or even geez; when DE rushes hard like CSU guy will do…pop/release and wide open and then legit YAC…but maybe I’m loco!

Locked Previous topicNext topic