BA Isn't Getting It Done

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

Re: BA Isn't Getting It Done

Post by ineptimusprime » September 29th, 2023, 7:32 am

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
September 29th, 2023, 7:14 am
gomretat wrote:
September 29th, 2023, 6:35 am
Blue Sage wrote:
September 29th, 2023, 12:33 am
AggieFBObsession wrote:
September 28th, 2023, 11:21 pm
I would hate to have many of you for a boss who would fire me at a drop of a hat and with little notice.
I totally agree! This whole thread is completely ridiculous. Frankly it’s flat out embarrassing.
Amen. I am not done with Blake and hope he turns it around. And the notion that we could be a top 40 program every year is a wonderful thought and a complete pipe dream. We simply dont have the resources to compete at that level in this era. It is never going to happen.
Maybe if we keep making excuses and allow mediocrity we definitely will stay that way! No better way to grow the fan base and turn kids into USU fans from U/yBu than getting whooped, embarrassed, and outcoached by Sun Belt teams and Weber State at home.

I know the kids really will flock to support USU if we make it to frisco though!
Getting whacked by Weber is an all-time embarrassment. Losing to a good Sun Belt team like JMU is nothing to be ashamed of. Those things don’t belong in the same sentence in my opinion.

I want USU to be as good of a program as it can be, but we have a G5 budget, are in a geographically remote area, and are a clear third wheel in our own state. I worry USU doesn’t have a lot of unrealized upside left in football, and the last decade of really solid to very good football is about what we should reasonably expect. That’s gonna mean some 10 win seasons, some 6 win seasons, and occasionally even blips like 2016 and 2020.

Anyone that had high expectations for this season wasn’t paying attention in the offseason and/or was drinking some spiked blue Koolaid. We lost a good chunk of an already pretty average team to the portal and replaced them with the Black Hills State all-stars. 6-6 would be a damn dream, and it’s within reach if we perform well the next two weeks.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 3):
Aggie formerly in HawaiivegasaggieAngusAg

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 29th, 2023, 8:06 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 29th, 2023, 7:32 am
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Blue Sage wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
I would hate to have many of you for a boss who would fire me at a drop of a hat and with little notice.
I totally agree! This whole thread is completely ridiculous. Frankly it’s flat out embarrassing.
Amen. I am not done with Blake and hope he turns it around. And the notion that we could be a top 40 program every year is a wonderful thought and a complete pipe dream. We simply dont have the resources to compete at that level in this era. It is never going to happen.
Maybe if we keep making excuses and allow mediocrity we definitely will stay that way! No better way to grow the fan base and turn kids into USU fans from U/yBu than getting whooped, embarrassed, and outcoached by Sun Belt teams and Weber State at home.

I know the kids really will flock to support USU if we make it to frisco though!
Getting whacked by Weber is an all-time embarrassment. Losing to a good Sun Belt team like JMU is nothing to be ashamed of. Those things don’t belong in the same sentence in my opinion.

I want USU to be as good of a program as it can be, but we have a G5 budget, are in a geographically remote area, and are a clear third wheel in our own state. I worry USU doesn’t have a lot of unrealized upside left in football, and the last decade of really solid to very good football is about what we should reasonably expect. That’s gonna mean some 10 win seasons, some 6 win seasons, and occasionally even blips like 2016 and 2020.

Anyone that had high expectations for this season wasn’t paying attention in the offseason and/or was drinking some spiked blue Koolaid. We lost a good chunk of an already pretty average team to the portal and replaced them with the Black Hills State all-stars. 6-6 would be a damn dream, and it’s within reach if we perform well the next two weeks.
Can we expect to get recruits that had offers other than Black Hills State?

Who recruits players that only have offers from Black Hills State?

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 29th, 2023, 8:19 am

2004AG wrote:
September 29th, 2023, 8:06 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Blue Sage wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:

Can we expect to get recruits that had offers other than Black Hills State?

Who recruits players that only have offers from Black Hills State?
They had offers from other places too. They were just “leaning” towards black hills state.

Anyway you guys are too dramatic about this. We get players and black hills state doesn’t. That’s a sort-of-win-win in my book.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 29th, 2023, 8:57 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Blue Sage wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:

Yep, everybody hates the Weber loss, but it was also 3 games removed from a season where we won the conference championship beating a 12 win SDSU team by 33 in California and then beat a Pac 12 team by double digits a few weeks later. It would be nice to win 10 games every year, but that isn't realistic at USU. USU has only won 10 games four times in our entire history. Acting like it is now supposed to be the norm is crazy. Anderson is going to be the coach at USU for a while and that is a good thing despite the flaws.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
vegasaggieblueaggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 29th, 2023, 9:20 am

afausu wrote:
September 28th, 2023, 10:57 pm
You’re right. I didn’t. So did he mention specifics? Did he give any reason why the team is not prepared at the beginning of games?
He took responsibility. He said they aren’t calling anything different in q1 to q2 but we aren’t coming out in the Q1. So as the coaching staff they need to figure out what works with this group of guys- whether it’s adjusting the gameday routine, figure out what works- and if he had the “specific” they’d be doing it already.

Often “I don’t know” is the most humble and vulnerable answer you can give.

cval

Post by cval » September 29th, 2023, 9:33 am

Haha. Let’s be honest here. The guys who we got from Black Hills State were pretty much all guys who turned down a scholarship there to walk-on here.

That’s why it became a running joke on the board. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 29th, 2023, 9:57 am

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
gomretat wrote:
Blue Sage wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:

Replace the coach then and maybe we show in those games, but unfortunately the mediocrity is in the collective mirror unless the fans and boosters are willing to put their money with their mouth is and pay the team. I am not suggesting we should do this at all (its not worth it) but you can't have it both ways.

utahcountyaggie

Post by utahcountyaggie » September 29th, 2023, 10:38 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 29th, 2023, 9:20 am
afausu wrote:
September 28th, 2023, 10:57 pm
You’re right. I didn’t. So did he mention specifics? Did he give any reason why the team is not prepared at the beginning of games?
He took responsibility. He said they aren’t calling anything different in q1 to q2 but we aren’t coming out in the Q1. So as the coaching staff they need to figure out what works with this group of guys- whether it’s adjusting the gameday routine, figure out what works- and if he had the “specific” they’d be doing it already.

Often “I don’t know” is the most humble and vulnerable answer you can give.
I thought it was interesting....Blake actually said in the Coaches Show Wednesday that he is calling "safe" plays to start a game. He specifically called out this past weekend, with Hillstead getting his first start.....that he wanted to keep things safe and not put Hillstead or the ball in harm's way.

I think that's something we have all 100% seen, to start the year. 1st quarter is all running up the middle and WR screens. It was just interesting (and maybe a bit infuriating) to hear Blake say it out loud.

Here's to hoping we come out swinging and aggressive, in the morning!

GrandPoubah

Post by GrandPoubah » September 30th, 2023, 11:32 am

jazzdog56466 wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 8:55 pm
GrandPoubah wrote:
September 24th, 2023, 7:07 pm
Re lack of player leadership....You can't have it both ways - you cant run out, or cut the balls of leaders like cooper, then say the players can't seem to step up....Blake has zero loyalty unless you are of "his guys". He literally ran out a LOT of players whom would have been seniors this year and CREATED a leadership void.

Even if Hillstead is the second coming - we don't have the pieces to fully support him as a true frosh. So why would you pull the trigger and make a switch? Doesn't that ultimately going to send Cooper and maybe Levi to the transfer portal (wouldn't it be great if Coop ended up at Wyoming, so we can finish below them in the MW for the 3rd straight year) and it puts Hillstead on transfer portal watch (many teams may take a flyer on him)?

Those who argue that Blake has done many great things here, so he should be given the chance to correct it....couldn't the same argument be said re Coop? Didn't he basically saved the year last year and the bowl game vs OSU? I dunno. Just spit balling.

I just pieced it together....Blake waits until coop and levi hit the portal, then takes a job somewhere else and brings Hillstead with him....leaving us with zero qb's for next year.

Legas ain’t it. I don’t know what you mean about Blake having zero loyalty. He will play the guys who he believes gives the team the best chance to win. To think anything else is insane. You may believe those guys are different than the ones he plays—-but it’s not a loyalty thing…every coach is going to do whatever they think needs to be done to win. Sometimes the coach is wrong—-like with Justin McGriff.

If you’re referencing bonner—-BA wasn’t aware of the extent of his injuries until later. He thought a banged up bonner gave us a better chance than Coop. I thought bonners issues last year were scheme related but that’s neither here nor there.

I think Hillstead is great and it was the right time to make the switch. Without it, AFA may have beaten us 40-7, and James Madison 45-20. But that’s just my opinion. I have faith we can go get points every series now. Didn’t really feel that way with Legas, even though I love him
Well, Legas has never had a half like this one against a winless team…. Anyway

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » September 30th, 2023, 11:58 am

GrandPoubah wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 11:32 am
jazzdog56466 wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:
Re lack of player leadership....You can't have it both ways - you cant run out, or cut the balls of leaders like cooper, then say the players can't seem to step up....Blake has zero loyalty unless you are of "his guys". He literally ran out a LOT of players whom would have been seniors this year and CREATED a leadership void.

Even if Hillstead is the second coming - we don't have the pieces to fully support him as a true frosh. So why would you pull the trigger and make a switch? Doesn't that ultimately going to send Cooper and maybe Levi to the transfer portal (wouldn't it be great if Coop ended up at Wyoming, so we can finish below them in the MW for the 3rd straight year) and it puts Hillstead on transfer portal watch (many teams may take a flyer on him)?

Those who argue that Blake has done many great things here, so he should be given the chance to correct it....couldn't the same argument be said re Coop? Didn't he basically saved the year last year and the bowl game vs OSU? I dunno. Just spit balling.

I just pieced it together....Blake waits until coop and levi hit the portal, then takes a job somewhere else and brings Hillstead with him....leaving us with zero qb's for next year.

Legas ain’t it. I don’t know what you mean about Blake having zero loyalty. He will play the guys who he believes gives the team the best chance to win. To think anything else is insane. You may believe those guys are different than the ones he plays—-but it’s not a loyalty thing…every coach is going to do whatever they think needs to be done to win. Sometimes the coach is wrong—-like with Justin McGriff.

If you’re referencing bonner—-BA wasn’t aware of the extent of his injuries until later. He thought a banged up bonner gave us a better chance than Coop. I thought bonners issues last year were scheme related but that’s neither here nor there.

I think Hillstead is great and it was the right time to make the switch. Without it, AFA may have beaten us 40-7, and James Madison 45-20. But that’s just my opinion. I have faith we can go get points every series now. Didn’t really feel that way with Legas, even though I love him
Well you’re about to now

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » September 30th, 2023, 1:39 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 11:58 am
GrandPoubah wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 11:32 am
jazzdog56466 wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

Well you’re about to now
Yet, another bad take. :crazy:
These users thanked the author smfdaggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiGrandPoubah

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 30th, 2023, 1:49 pm

Remember last year when blame was heaped on the OC? Good times.

This was Blake calling plays at the end of the game today

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » September 30th, 2023, 1:53 pm

brownjeans wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 1:49 pm
Remember last year when blame was heaped on the OC? Good times.

This was Blake calling plays at the end of the game today

I know, I know winning is hard for a lot of people. Great to see Blake getting it done!

#hornsup!

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 1:55 pm

I am thankful what Blake Anderson did for our program, and I am all for having Blake Anderson around in some capacity (maybe mental health admin). It is time to move on from Anderon as head coach and do whatever it takes to get Jay Hill as head coach. There was no reason to lose to James Madison or struggle against UConn. The play calling is questionable at times (but much better on offense than last year), but the killer is having the wrong players playing and pregame prep.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » September 30th, 2023, 1:59 pm

SLB wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 1:55 pm
I am thankful what Blake Anderson did for our program, and I am all for having Blake Anderson around in some capacity (maybe mental health admin). It is time to move on from Anderon as head coach and do whatever it takes to get Jay Hill as head coach.
SLB apparently doesn’t take winning well either so he decides to pick up Jay Hill lol 😂 😂 😂. Because BYU is some sort of powerhouse 😂. Somebody’s got a chat hangover.
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in Hawaiismfdaggie

#hornsup!

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:02 pm

Blue Sage wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 1:59 pm
SLB wrote:
I am thankful what Blake Anderson did for our program, and I am all for having Blake Anderson around in some capacity (maybe mental health admin). It is time to move on from Anderon as head coach and do whatever it takes to get Jay Hill as head coach.
SLB apparently doesn’t take winning well either so he decides to pick up Jay Hill lol 😂 😂 😂. Because BYU is some sort of powerhouse 😂. Somebody’s got a chat hangover.
I got curious on how Jay Hill was doing. The defense for BYU is the only thing doing well which Jay Hill runs. This year's Aggie team is playing far below where they should be playing. I was extremely disappointed that we came so close to losing to now 0-5 UConn.
Last edited by SLB on September 30th, 2023, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 30th, 2023, 2:06 pm

SLB wrote:
I am thankful what Blake Anderson did for our program, and I am all for having Blake Anderson around in some capacity (maybe mental health admin). It is time to move on from Anderon as head coach and do whatever it takes to get Jay Hill as head coach. There was no reason to lose to James Madison or struggle against UConn. The play calling is questionable at times (but much better on offense than last year), but the killer is having the wrong players playing and pregame prep.
Always fun when people like this who cheer for USU to lose have to deal with us winning :lol:
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
smfdaggie

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:09 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:06 pm
SLB wrote:
Always fun when people like this who cheer for USU to lose have to deal with us winning :lol:
You wanted us to lose, and I wanted a big win. Neither of us got what we wanted

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 30th, 2023, 2:11 pm

SLB wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:09 pm
SLB wrote:
Im an Aggie fan and am celebrating the victory. I got what I wanted. You want USU to lose and they came back down 17 and won. We all know you were crying when uconn didn't get the conversion.

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:13 pm

September 30th, 2023, 2:11 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
Im an Aggie fan and am celebrating the victory. I got what I wanted. You want USU to lose and they came back down 17 and won. We all know you were crying when uconn didn't get the conversion.
You want us to lose to comment to have a told you so SLB moment, and you are mad that we didn't get that.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 30th, 2023, 2:15 pm

SLB wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:13 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
You want us to lose to comment to have a told you so SLB moment, and you are mad that we didn't get that.
How much drugs do your parents give you? I predicted a USU victory. Maybe quit lying for once in your life.
aggiesdidwhatFloridaAggie13

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:19 pm

September 30th, 2023, 2:15 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
How much drugs do your parents give you? I predicted a USU victory. Maybe quit lying for once in your life.
You are here to go after not celebrating a win which proved my point a long time ago.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 30th, 2023, 2:22 pm

SLB wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:19 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
You are here to go after not celebrating a win which proved my point a long time ago.
USU won and you were caught lying. Sorry the Aggies were awesome in the second half. I know our success triggers you
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 3):
Blue SageaggiesdidwhatFloridaAggie13

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » September 30th, 2023, 2:24 pm

September 30th, 2023, 2:22 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
USU won and you were caught lying. Sorry the Aggies were awesome in the second half. I know our success triggers you
Aggie Formerly in Hawaii wins the internet 😂
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post (total 2):
smfdaggieAggie formerly in Hawaii

#hornsup!

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:25 pm

SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
You are the one that is triggered. You have yet to celebrate in any capacity, and you have only commented here going after me wanting the team to do better. I am disappointed with the overall performance and nearly losing to now a 0-5 UConn team. It was painful to watch us to play poorly. Even after the win, it feels like we lost.

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:27 pm

Blue Sage wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:24 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
Aggie Formerly in Hawaii wins the internet 😂
You guys are here going after me wanting the Aggies to be better, and you are all excited for Brent Guy type of football.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 30th, 2023, 2:30 pm

SLB wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:25 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
You are the one that is triggered. You have yet to celebrate in any capacity, and you have only commented here going after me wanting the team to do better. I am disappointed with the overall performance and nearly losing to now a 0-5 UConn team. It was painful to watch us to play poorly. Even after the win, it feels like we lost.
I've made pro Aggie comments in several other threads. Another lie by slb the BYU fan. The only thing you have said is you want a BYU coordinator. Take your BYU fandom over to cougarboard. We are celebrating an Aggie victory here!
Blue Sagesmfdaggie

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:35 pm

September 30th, 2023, 2:30 pm
SLB wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:25 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
I've made pro Aggie comments in several other threads. Another lie by slb the BYU fan. The only thing you have said is you want a BYU coordinator. Take your BYU fandom over to cougarboard. We are celebrating an Aggie victory here!
You have been caught lying because you got your Brent Guy type of win that you have dreamed of. I want the Aggies to win every week which you do not. You are clearly wanting us to lose with underwhelming wins, and you can go to your BYU fans to talk about it.

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » September 30th, 2023, 2:42 pm

SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
Ummm SLB... WHAT??? YOU ARE LITERALLY ACCUSING HAWAII OF WHAT YOU DID? I'M SO CONFUSED.
These users thanked the author aggiesdidwhat for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:45 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:42 pm
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB wrote:
Ummm SLB... WHAT??? YOU ARE LITERALLY ACCUSING HAWAII OF WHAT YOU DID? I'M SO CONFUSED.
Hawaii just wanted to go after me with lies and libelous statements instead of celebrating the win, and I responded to Hawaii. I was disappointed even with the win because it felt deflating to come that close to losing to 0-5 UConn.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » September 30th, 2023, 2:48 pm

Maybe the boys just didn’t know the season had started yet. Maybe now that the first quarter of our season is over they’ll start playing? Just trying to be optimistic…
These users thanked the author CaptainChaos for the post:
SLB

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 2:52 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
September 30th, 2023, 2:48 pm
Maybe the boys just didn’t know the season had started yet. Maybe now that the first quarter of our season is over they’ll start playing? Just trying to be optimistic…
This is a very solid comment.

DreadPirateRoberts

Post by DreadPirateRoberts » September 30th, 2023, 2:54 pm

Does this team start playing after the first quarter of the season too? Seems appropriate that the first quarter of the games and season be horrible.
These users thanked the author DreadPirateRoberts for the post (total 2):
CaptainChaosSLB

The Dread Pirate Roberts leaves no survivors.

SLB

Post by SLB » September 30th, 2023, 3:31 pm

This was me watching the 3 WRs vs zero coverage non-pass

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » September 30th, 2023, 4:12 pm

SLB

Fifth grader on the playground. "I know you are but what am I?"
These users thanked the author USUaggie for the post (total 2):
smfdaggieAggie formerly in Hawaii

Locked Previous topicNext topic