New Mexico

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: New Mexico

Post by aggies22 » January 27th, 2023, 1:21 pm

AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 1:09 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 1:01 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:54 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:25 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:22 pm
aggieguy13 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:20 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:06 pm
aggieguy13 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 11:51 am
"Winning a conference championship last year and making a bowl game this year means nothing, we should be more like a team that hasn't won more than 3 games in a season since 2016 and has only made two bowl games since 2008" certainly isn't a take I expected to see today.
That’s because you didn’t see this take at all. You’re just being purposely obtuse and completely ignoring everything else I said. Thats what dumb fans do. Don’t be a dumb fan. It’s stupid.
You said two seasons in and you're already tired of his program; one of those seasons was one of the best seasons in the history of the program. That's a wild take, with or without the New Mexico part of it.

Yes. Only two season in and Blake’s being sued, along with the university. Our AD was (I can't express myself without swearing) canned and we’ve made local and National news with Blakes comments about rape/sexual assault. Apologies for my morals.
The Pat Maddox thing is a bull$hit money grab. He's trying to con the court system into believing he had a future career in professional football and cash-in. IF Pat were such a baller, why wasn't he plucked out of the transfer portal by a P5 school?
But he was still silenced for speaking out about what was said concerning sexual assault/rape. Which again, you’ve purposely ignored. Does that not matter to you? If not, I hope you don’t have children.
Regardless of what is being said in the papers, Pat and the Flint woman did not know each other.

I just really don’t like the negative press concerning rape/assault we continue to keep getting. Something is rotten and it needs to be fixed. Maybe Blake isn’t the issue and it’s above him. I know Hartwell was an absolute scum bag. So maybe the problem will be solved with him stinking up a different program. We’ll see. Again, appreciate your work. I’ve had a lot of good info on USU athletics since you’ve taken over
I agree 100% I don't think any self-respecting Aggie is happy with what has occurred. Many of us are proud of our school and hate seeing our University ripped to shreds throughout the media. It feels like every time we begin to recover from a "scandal" something else pops up. Simply put, if kids began to make better choices there will be no more "scandals". Time will tell if the program cleans up under Coach Anderson. I think that Hartwell moving on was a step in the right direction.
Last edited by aggies22 on January 28th, 2023, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Ahbye

middleageag
Has thanked: 0

Post by middleageag » January 27th, 2023, 1:26 pm

The Truth wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 1:20 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:57 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:54 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:25 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:22 pm
aggieguy13 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:20 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 12:06 pm
aggieguy13 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 11:51 am
"Winning a conference championship last year and making a bowl game this year means nothing, we should be more like a team that hasn't won more than 3 games in a season since 2016 and has only made two bowl games since 2008" certainly isn't a take I expected to see today.
That’s because you didn’t see this take at all. You’re just being purposely obtuse and completely ignoring everything else I said. Thats what dumb fans do. Don’t be a dumb fan. It’s stupid.
You said two seasons in and you're already tired of his program; one of those seasons was one of the best seasons in the history of the program. That's a wild take, with or without the New Mexico part of it.

Yes. Only two season in and Blake’s being sued, along with the university. Our AD was (I can't express myself without swearing) canned and we’ve made local and National news with Blakes comments about rape/sexual assault. Apologies for my morals.
The Pat Maddox thing is a bull$hit money grab. He's trying to con the court system into believing he had a future career in professional football and cash-in. IF Pat were such a baller, why wasn't he plucked out of the transfer portal by a P5 school?
But he was still silenced for speaking out about what was said concerning sexual assault/rape. Which again, you’ve purposely ignored. Does that not matter to you? If not, I hope you don’t have children.
Why are we all ignoring the things Anderson said about this? I agree, Patrick may be trying to get some money. Which is pathetic. But the original issue was that he was apparently bullied because he took issue with how the coaching staff and university handled the sexual assault allegations. Former players have spoken out about this as well. I’m sorry, but off the field stuff matters even more to me the an our play on the field. USU has a terrible track record with this. And as an alumn and lifelong Cache Valley resident and lover of all things USU, this hurts and needed to stop yesterday.
sounds like you have some catchin up to do or at least go educate yourself about the full video/transcript of what was said. coach Anderson didn't say anything derogatory toward women, in fact he said the exact opposite and straight up told his players not to look to him for protection because he will be first in line to see that they get whatever is coming their way if they are guilty of anything to do with the mistreatment of women. you can search these forums and review all the conversations that were had about what was reported by the media verses the entire context of what was said. all of the allegations and university level "scandals" happened before Blake was hired. he was hired to come in and help clean house but somehow gets brought into the conversation now because of the aftermath that is still happening.

i'm not sure what former players you're referring to but numerous players came out when Patrick made his claims about being targeted and called BS. the press is always going to look for clicks and sensationalism, painting USU in a bad light seems to achieve that. our built-in little brother syndrome as a fan base only further fuels this.
...and The Truth, I always trust The Truth

AGGIE5

Post by AGGIE5 » January 27th, 2023, 1:28 pm

middleageag wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 1:11 pm
sounds like someone's "Knowledge" is full of opinion and maybe not a lot of fact. As for me and my house, I'll trust Aggies22 and the cop dude who posts here.
What opinions are you referring to exactly? The leaked audio recordings. Our AD being canned in the night during the football season? Ex players coming forth about our ineptitude concerning rape/sexual assault? Previous players being arrested and sent to prison? Sounds like someone has selective hearing to me.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 27th, 2023, 4:06 pm

I know I have mentioned this before, but one other thing that is fishy is that it was GARY's job to deal with the alleged rape of Kayt Flint, and yet Maddox has shown NO desire to drag HIM through the mud in the media over this, like by releasing information of ANYTHING Gary did to mishandle the allegations. Playing time and BA recruiting over him is the only explanation.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 4):
JSHarvey3rdGenAggieAggiefan21aggies22

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » January 28th, 2023, 1:17 pm

Maddox didn't seem to care about anything until *after* he realized he wasn't: 1) going to get the playing time he wanted, and 2) that no other program was interested. Then he apparently started to plan out how to make the biggest mess possible in order to attempt to get a big $ settlement. The timetable and selective information highlighted (by him and his lawyers) support almost no other story/motive.

After the courts sort the whole mess out, I think USU will be shown to have obeyed the relevant law for the most part.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post (total 4):
3rdGenAggieAhbyeAggiefan21aggies22

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » January 28th, 2023, 2:28 pm

The most difficult part about being a member of this board as well as a fourth-generation alum is remaining silent on all the misinformation and outright falsehoods that have swirled around our university over the past decade. I know the vast majority of the details around each individual case as well as their relative merits. While I can't reveal that knowledge and sometimes desperately want to, I'll just say that the university is in good hands, things aren't nearly as bad as they're made out to be, and we have a lot of good years coming. As a bonus, the day Hartwell left was a good day for the university.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 13):
FloridaAggie13cval3rdGenAggieAggie84025AggiePTUSU78AngusAgaggieguy13vegasaggiePIGSKINAGGIE and 3 more users

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » January 28th, 2023, 3:39 pm

Ahbye wrote:
January 28th, 2023, 2:28 pm
The most difficult part about being a member of this board as well as a fourth-generation alum is remaining silent on all the misinformation and outright falsehoods that have swirled around our university over the past decade. I know the vast majority of the details around each individual case as well as their relative merits. While I can't reveal that knowledge and sometimes desperately want to, I'll just say that the university is in good hands, things aren't nearly as bad as they're made out to be, and we have a lot of good years coming. As a bonus, the day Hartwell left was a good day for the university.

Thank you Ahbye, and I appreciate your restraint. The sensational hysteria and misinformation is abundant on this site. If your information source is similar to mine, we will eventually learn in discovery, if things get that far, that the recording in question was edited.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 4):
AhbyeJSHarveyaggies22jackattack

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » January 28th, 2023, 4:24 pm

Ahbye wrote:
Whatever- what would a member of the university PD REALLY know about all this ;) ;)

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » January 28th, 2023, 6:51 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
January 28th, 2023, 4:24 pm
Ahbye wrote:
Whatever- what would a member of the university PD REALLY know about all this ;) ;)
:lol:

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » January 28th, 2023, 8:08 pm

middleageag wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 1:11 pm
sounds like someone's "Knowledge" is full of opinion and maybe not a lot of fact. As for me and my house, I'll trust Aggies22 and the cop dude who posts here.
Right! Blake is an excellent person. Best of the best! The press taking Blakes comment totally out of context was immoral and repugnant. I am absolutely disgusted by the misinformation hit job assault on Blake. That’s what happens in a cancel culture especially when Atty’s are stirring up contention so they can shake some money out of the University. I love Blake and am grateful for the type of man he is and love that he brought a conference championship to our Program! Amazing, flat amazing coaching! Go Aggies!
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post:
GeoAg

#hornsup!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 30th, 2023, 9:09 am

Always a good reminder to not allow yourself to get pulled around by your nose-ring.

AGGIE5

Post by AGGIE5 » January 30th, 2023, 3:03 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 30th, 2023, 9:09 am
Always a good reminder to not allow yourself to get pulled around by your nose-ring.
Agree. Or allow yourself to be a goofy Homer. That’s just goofy.

AussieAggieDad

Post by AussieAggieDad » February 3rd, 2023, 6:22 pm

New Mexico related. Please excuse my indulgence but I couldn't help myself. :oops: ;)

Creative play, well executed.

These users thanked the author AussieAggieDad for the post (total 2):
USU78cdaAg

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » February 3rd, 2023, 6:25 pm

AussieAggieDad wrote:
February 3rd, 2023, 6:22 pm
New Mexico related. Please excuse my indulgence but I couldn't help myself. :oops: ;)

Creative play, well executed.

I forget. Did AussieAggieSon do a mission?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AussieAggieDad

Post by AussieAggieDad » February 3rd, 2023, 7:16 pm

Dear '78, no, Stephen was recruited via the ProKick Australia program. 2023 might be his final year. He's eligible for 1 more year (COVID exemption). I don't know what he intends to do - maybe he doesn't even know himself at this point in time??? One day at a time.
These users thanked the author AussieAggieDad for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » February 3rd, 2023, 8:00 pm

AussieAggieDad wrote:
February 3rd, 2023, 7:16 pm
Dear '78, no, Stephen was recruited via the ProKick Australia program. 2023 might be his final year. He's eligible for 1 more year (COVID exemption). I don't know what he intends to do - maybe he doesn't even know himself at this point in time??? One day at a time.
Just teasing, in line with the silly comments by UNM's coach about USU's "maturity."
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
AussieAggieDad

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AussieAggieDad

Post by AussieAggieDad » February 3rd, 2023, 8:15 pm

Ah, you exposed me for not reading the entire thread. Guilty as charged, your honor.
These users thanked the author AussieAggieDad for the post:
USU78

Locked Previous topicNext topic