Transfer Portal Entry Tracker

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Hoot

Re: Transfer Portal Entry Tracker

Post by Hoot » January 12th, 2023, 9:01 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 8:27 pm
Hoot wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 8:23 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm
Hoot wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 8:06 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 8:05 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 7:56 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 7:38 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 6:49 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 4:07 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 3:35 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 2:50 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 6:27 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Something seems off to me by the Vaughns offers/tweets.
What about them? Seems as if he’s going to Notre Dame, we’ll at least he went on a Visit there
It just seems off. His latest tweet seems to maybe explain himself- but with offers from Notre Dame, FSU and USC what is he waiting for?

Something tells me these may mostly be walk-on roles. That wouldn’t be too surprising. Most of our starters could at least walk on to basically any school.

If I were FSU offering him a schollie it’d be no an exploding offer. It’s strange schools would have this much patience for a decent but flawed mwc player with 1 year of eligibility.

Idk though mostly just a feeling of something not adding up. Could be wrong.

“Walk-on roles.” Haha. Get a load of this take. Ha!
What would you prefer I say?
Not that. Why do you think he’s just getting walk-on offers? He’s played in a P5 before and was VERY successful here. He’s not posting about Walk-on offers, dude. These are real offers. And he has time to be picky. He’s had a lot of offers and anyone with an ounce of logic would take their time considering them. Especially in the NIL era. There is literally nothing “off” about his offers. He’s doing well. Wish we could have kept him. But off he goes. Next man up.
I don’t think he’s only getting walk on offers. I think some of those offers may be walk ons. Which is still an accomplishment. I also think he’s not going to sleep with you so you should probably quit simping. And go back and see what I actually said.

Dude wasn’t that good. He was good for USU - but he probably should have been benched in the middle of the UNM game after the Hunter Reynolds fumble recovery.

If FSU, Notre Dame or USC is dumb enough to give him a scholarship over someone with future NFL draft talent, that’s their choice.
Sorry I hurt your feelings. I was just astonished at your goofy posts. Seriously head scratching stuff there. Thought I was on cougarboard for a while. Good luck out there, pal. Go Aggies!
Oh bless your heart. You certainly didn’t hurt my feelings. I just thought you were upset that someone would think a player with an attitude as bad as Vaughns would maybe have a walk-on offer.
Are you guys gonna kiss?
No way! He’s being mean to me. Or she. Whatevs. Go Aggies!
He’s just teasing you cause he likes you.
Someone had to get the ball rolling.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
GameFAQSAggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » January 14th, 2023, 7:46 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 4:48 pm
aggies22 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 4:29 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 4:07 pm
AGGIE5 wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 3:35 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 12th, 2023, 2:50 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 6:27 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Something seems off to me by the Vaughns offers/tweets.
What about them? Seems as if he’s going to Notre Dame, we’ll at least he went on a Visit there
It just seems off. His latest tweet seems to maybe explain himself- but with offers from Notre Dame, FSU and USC what is he waiting for?

Something tells me these may mostly be walk-on roles. That wouldn’t be too surprising. Most of our starters could at least walk on to basically any school.

If I were FSU offering him a schollie it’d be no an exploding offer. It’s strange schools would have this much patience for a decent but flawed mwc player with 1 year of eligibility.

Idk though mostly just a feeling of something not adding up. Could be wrong.

“Walk-on roles.” Haha. Get a load of this take. Ha!
What would you prefer I say?
In your defense you did end with "Could be wrong." It's not like you were trying to pass anything off as gospel.
Absolutely.

Something just seems off to me. Lots of other guys in the portal found their spot and took it. Vaughns is taking his time. I was pressed as to why. I don’t know why and was taking shots in the dark.

Basically, he is saying he didn’t get an NIL offer that he liked so he is telling other schools that he is open for business. Doubt he comes back here
Only 30%ish of guys even find a landing spot on the portal, much less get a legit NIL offer. Gonna be rough for most these kids. Hopefully they though about their future instead of the Humanitarians degree Image

Twitter: UtahStizzle

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » January 16th, 2023, 7:28 pm

These users thanked the author FromLItoLogan for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 16th, 2023, 8:06 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
January 16th, 2023, 7:28 pm
I've had Aurion on my list for nearly a week.

inconspicuous

Post by inconspicuous » January 17th, 2023, 10:23 am

I have a question and apologize if this has already been covered before or in another thread.

Looking at the portal entries I think it will certainly become the new normal that there will be movement of players each year but I found it quite interesting how many DL players are entering the portal.

It certainly seems to be a patten for that Position Group and I wanted to understand if that is coincidence that all of the players have better options or if there is something related specifically around coaching or style of the scheme that is part of this.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 17th, 2023, 10:42 am

inconspicuous wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 10:23 am
I have a question and apologize if this has already been covered before or in another thread.

Looking at the portal entries I think it will certainly become the new normal that there will be movement of players each year but I found it quite interesting how many DL players are entering the portal.

It certainly seems to be a patten for that Position Group and I wanted to understand if that is coincidence that all of the players have better options or if there is something related specifically around coaching or style of the scheme that is part of this.
You make good points. Certainly transfers are the new normal but it makes one wonder about what is going on with the d-line coach when you lose so many impact players from 1 group.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Aggie19

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 17th, 2023, 11:02 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 10:42 am
inconspicuous wrote:

You make good points. Certainly transfers are the new normal but it makes one wonder about what is going on with the d-line coach when you lose so many impact players from 1 group.
Hmmmmm...........
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
ratofallaggiesFan4AggieballAZFloridaAggie13

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » January 17th, 2023, 11:18 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 11:02 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
inconspicuous wrote:

Hmmmmm...........
So seemed at the end of the season that some coaches would be on the move. Other than Tucker getting demoted, will there be any other movement going on?

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » January 17th, 2023, 12:23 pm

For those keeping track of where dudes end up. Great spot for him!

Go Aggies!

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » January 17th, 2023, 12:55 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
inconspicuous wrote:

Go look at the Joyner announcement he posted about leaving. He was being honest and shared the same feeling as his teammates from the DL that also left.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post:
aggies22

inconspicuous

Post by inconspicuous » January 17th, 2023, 2:09 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 12:55 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
inconspicuous wrote:

Go look at the Joyner announcement he posted about leaving. He was being honest and shared the same feeling as his teammates from the DL that also left.
Based on that statement I interpreted that Joyner does not believe in the Strength and conditioning programming, i.e. go to a place that will help me become a better athlete.

Given the number of DL transfers the pattern indicates issues that seem to be directly related to the position group. (maybe scheme or coach related) and I have zero information or inside knowledge but would have thought there has been some more discussion around this issue.
These users thanked the author inconspicuous for the post:
aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 17th, 2023, 2:42 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 12:23 pm
For those keeping track of where dudes end up. Great spot for him!
You'll find that on the link that I provided at the beginning of the thread.
ratofallaggiesFan4AggieballAZAggie19

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » January 17th, 2023, 2:51 pm

inconspicuous wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 2:09 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
inconspicuous wrote:

Based on that statement I interpreted that Joyner does not believe in the Strength and conditioning programming, i.e. go to a place that will help me become a better athlete.

Given the number of DL transfers the pattern indicates issues that seem to be directly related to the position group. (maybe scheme or coach related) and I have zero information or inside knowledge but would have thought there has been some more discussion around this issue.
Nothing to do with strength and conditioning, and it has been discussed on here quite a bit. Not saying that all left mainly due to this, but there has been a lot of complaints about coaching on the DL. Many of the athletes felt like they learned nothing this year in that group.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 2):
aggies22Fan4AggieballAZ

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » January 17th, 2023, 3:10 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
inconspicuous wrote:

Naw; EDGE rushers (coaches) nor TE’s running in the seam…We can survive as contrarians!
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post:
aggies22

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 17th, 2023, 3:13 pm

Considering that some defensive linemen waited this long to announce, you have to wonder if they heard that Devine would leave for a position at any other school and were all in, then when noone would hire him away and he was more committed to being back here with nowhere else to go, then announced they were leaving to get away from him.

GUS

Post by GUS » January 17th, 2023, 4:56 pm

Anderson is making a big mistake by not changing out a couple of coaches.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » January 19th, 2023, 9:26 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 3:13 pm
Considering that some defensive linemen waited this long to announce, you have to wonder if they heard that Devine would leave for a position at any other school and were all in, then when no one would hire him away and he was more committed to being back here with nowhere else to go, then announced they were leaving to get away from him.

Interesting comment Game FAQS, suspect your post has some off stage traction
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2023, 1:07 pm

GUS wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 4:56 pm
Who do you suggest?

usu99

Post by usu99 » January 19th, 2023, 1:14 pm

Devine....

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » January 19th, 2023, 1:20 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:07 pm
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?
Who de we suggest we send out or who do we suggest we bring in?

Send out Devine.

Replace him with either of the two Aggies that coached defensive lines in Nevada last season. Either one would probably be better, but I would prefer Al.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
Aggie84025

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 19th, 2023, 1:20 pm

usu99 wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:14 pm
Devine....
I would add Micah James to the list. I think the most important position coaches are the o-line and d-line. We hired basically first time head coaches at that position in Devine and James.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
LarryTheAggie

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2023, 1:29 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:20 pm
usu99 wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:14 pm
Devine....
I would add Micah James to the list. I think the most important position coaches are the o-line and d-line. We hired basically first time head coaches at that position in Devine and James.
I can guarantee the players enjoy being coached by Micah James.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2023, 1:30 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Replace him with either of the two Aggies that coached defensive lines in Nevada last season. Either one would probably be better, but I would prefer Al.
I don't see Al coming back right now.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 19th, 2023, 1:33 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:30 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

FRANK MAILE RETURNS!!!!
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
Fan4AggieballAZ

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » January 19th, 2023, 1:38 pm

aggies22 wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Bojay?

I don't know if we want him back or if he would want to come back given how 2020 went.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 19th, 2023, 1:40 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:38 pm
aggies22 wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Bojay?

I don't know if we want him back or if he would want to come back given how 2020 went.
What’s Levi Koskan up to?

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » January 19th, 2023, 1:43 pm

Hoot wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:40 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Bojay?

I don't know but he certainly was not coaching the D line at another Mountian West school last year like Bojay was.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2023, 1:46 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Bojay?

Now that Hartwell is gone Bojay has no reason to be mad at Utah State.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2023, 1:47 pm

Hoot wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Bojay?

Now we're just throwing ex-Aggie defensive ends. Haha!

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 19th, 2023, 1:52 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 1:43 pm
Hoot wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Bojay?

I don't know but he certainly was not coaching the D line at another Mountian West school last year like Bojay was.
Yeah so he should be easy to get.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » January 19th, 2023, 2:04 pm

Hoot wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Who do you suggest?

Send out Devine.

Bojay?

looks like he is working in sales in Austin.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 19th, 2023, 2:28 pm

If Tialavea moved to defensive line, would the players love him enough to run through a brick wall for him? Or at least stay for him and not leave quit on him like they are doing on Devine? The big thing Tialavea brings is recruiting, so finding someone to do tight ends that is at least as good Xs and Os as DJ shouldn't be that hard.

And if the strength coaches were the problem, we would see the exodus everywhere and not just D line.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 19th, 2023, 2:46 pm

As for Al, he probably wouldn't come back now, and the ability to get him back next year or ever would depend on how warm Ken Wilson's seat is at Nevada, as well as how warm Blake's seat is. Another 2-10 season starting to sharpen the ax on Wilson along with us at least getting to 6 wins keeping Blakes's seat relatively safe could make Al want to come back. But Nevada showing signs of progress getting to 5 wins or more cooling down Ken's seat or a 4-8 season on our part warming up Blake's seat would make it less likely. A bad season warming up Blake's seat likewise would make his options for assistants across the board more limited than if he makes moves now with his job relatively secure. Like as great as it was that Wells landed David Yost, it was all the more of a miracle he did it while he was on the hot seat.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2023, 2:49 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 2:28 pm
If Tialavea moved to defensive line, would the players love him enough to run through a brick wall for him? Or at least stay for him and not leave quit on him like they are doing on Devine? The big thing Tialavea brings is recruiting, so finding someone to do tight ends that is at least as good Xs and Os as DJ shouldn't be that hard.

And if the strength coaches were the problem, we would see the exodus everywhere and not just D line.
The is ZERO reason to move an ex-Aggie tight end from the TE's coach to coach the defensive line. Let DJ use his knowledge to coach a position he has played and if we need a defensive line coach, go get one that knows what the hell he is doing and won't drive the players away.
Aggie84025Fan4AggieballAZFloridaAggie13

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » January 19th, 2023, 3:40 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 2:49 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 19th, 2023, 2:28 pm

The is ZERO reason to move an ex-Aggie tight end from the TE's coach to coach the defensive line. Let DJ use his knowledge to coach a position he has played and if we need a defensive line coach, go get one that knows what the hell he is doing and won't drive the players away.
Except he did play Dline at Utah State his freshman year, right? While I understand what you are saying, there is a decent percentage of position coaches around the country that played a different position, many times on the other side of the ball. If he can make a bigger impact in recruiting and motivating as the Dline coach, I would totally support the move.
These users thanked the author Agzrule for the post:
BustaMcNutt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic