BWagz tonight

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

BWagz tonight

Post by ViAggie » December 9th, 2022, 1:11 am

played lights out vs the raiders, USU got some good mentions tonight, it was awesome :rock:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 4):
AggiePTBluestarthegreendalegelfAggieFBObsession

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

travelingagg

Re: BWagz tonight

Post by travelingagg » December 10th, 2022, 3:39 pm

My wife went out to the game for work and got sideline passes. She was trying to get his attention but was on the Raiders' side during warmups. He also had a great game against the Seahawks. As a casual Raiders fan, it was fun to watch him do so well!
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post:
ViAggie

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 13th, 2022, 10:57 am

Aaron Donald didn't play and the Rams are so banged up on D that they were using DT's as outside linebackers and DE's. After the Raiders gouged them a few times on the ground, the Rams DL just "engaged" the Olineman in front of them and that kept Bobby clean. It allowed him to move around mostly unblocked. Not sure if the Raiders did it by design, thinking Josh Jacobs would be able to beat Bobby. That didn't happen
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post (total 2):
ViAggieFloridaAggie13

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 13th, 2022, 11:12 am

ViAggie wrote:
December 9th, 2022, 1:11 am
played lights out vs the raiders, USU got some good mentions tonight, it was awesome :rock:
But did Bobby claim the Aggies? Until he does, I'm not interested.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Kevincurtisforlife

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 13th, 2022, 11:17 am

aggies22 wrote:
December 13th, 2022, 11:12 am
ViAggie wrote:
I think he's over that now, could be wrong because I didn't watch the pre-show so I didn't see them announce the players.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 13th, 2022, 11:22 am

aggies22 wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
You can find out next Monday night.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
aggies22

Eutaw St. Aggie

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 13th, 2022, 11:24 am

ViAggie wrote:
December 13th, 2022, 11:17 am
aggies22 wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
I think he's over that now, could be wrong because I didn't watch the pre-show so I didn't see them announce the players.
He should be now that a certain someone has moved on.........
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
ViAggieFloridaAggie13

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 14th, 2022, 10:13 am

This should answer your questions (look closely)

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » December 14th, 2022, 12:16 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 10:13 am
cannot see what you're seeing....
These users thanked the author AGinNEIowa for the post:
aggies22

hvaggie

Post by hvaggie » December 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm

Maybe the "State" under his name on the screen?
These users thanked the author hvaggie for the post:
ViAggie

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 14th, 2022, 12:53 pm

hvaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm
Crap! now he is claiming Mississippi State... :bangwall:

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 14th, 2022, 1:36 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 12:53 pm
hvaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm
Crap! now he is claiming Mississippi State... :bangwall:
:joking:

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 14th, 2022, 1:45 pm

ViAggie wrote:

I don't know the whole Bobby situation but it sounds like he had some type of grudge against Hartwell. Hartwell was never here when Bobby was a player. I don't get him holding that grudge and refusing to say the name of the school who gave him his only offer and afforded him the opportunity to graduate college and become an NFL player. Seems really petty on his part in my opinion.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » December 14th, 2022, 2:37 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 1:45 pm
ViAggie wrote:

I don't know the whole Bobby situation but it sounds like he had some type of grudge against Hartwell. Hartwell was never here when Bobby was a player. I don't get him holding that grudge and refusing to say the name of the school who gave him his only offer and afforded him the opportunity to graduate college and become an NFL player. Seems really petty on his part in my opinion.
I think I once heard something about John asking him for a big donation not long after meeting him that really didn’t sit well with Bobby.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
Aggie84025

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 14th, 2022, 3:18 pm

Hoot wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 2:37 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 1:45 pm
ViAggie wrote:

I think I once heard something about John asking him for a big donation not long after meeting him that really didn’t sit well with Bobby.
Not exactly but you are on the right track.

AGGIEFIGHT
Has thanked: 0

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » December 14th, 2022, 3:33 pm

Several former aggies that played in the NFL have been put off by our approach, From what I have been told by others is they have been asked to donate to the Merlin Olsen fund where the money would go to coaches not to help the players. This has
put them off on donating to the program. On the other side players have agents that tell them not to donate with line that
their careers may end with an injury at anytime.

The players do not owe Utah State anything the best way to get them to donate is by keeping them involved and hoping they want to give back.

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » December 14th, 2022, 3:53 pm

Fundraising is my literal nightmare for a job. That's a unique kind of human that can do that well and tactfully.
These users thanked the author trevordude for the post:
vegasaggie

Not sent from Tapatalk

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 14th, 2022, 3:58 pm

AGGIEFIGHT wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 3:33 pm
Several former aggies that played in the NFL have been put off by our approach, From what I have been told by others is they have been asked to donate to the Merlin Olsen fund where the money would go to coaches not to help the players. This has
put them off on donating to the program. On the other side players have agents that tell them not to donate with line that

The players do not owe Utah State anything the best way to get them to donate is by keeping them involved and hoping they want to give back.
I'm curious what our approach has been. It can't be that difficult to tactfully ask for financial support from former players without causing animosity - surely, the player knows the request is coming.

Maybe he says no, which is fine, but it shouldn't result in a damaged player/school relationship.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » December 14th, 2022, 4:04 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 3:58 pm
AGGIEFIGHT wrote:

I'm curious what our approach has been. It can't be that difficult to tactfully ask for financial support from former players without causing animosity - surely, the player knows the request is coming.

Maybe he says no, which is fine, but it shouldn't result in a damaged player/school relationship.
Our approach:

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 14th, 2022, 4:17 pm

AGGIEFIGHT wrote:

For sure no player should feel obligated to donate based on their success in the NFL. Every player or person has that right want to do those things. That being said if you are former player that was given the opportunity to have a full ride to USU or any other school that in turn propelled you to a successful NFL career I would think you would want to give back to the athletic program in some fashion based on that opportunity. Certainly the right approach has to be taken but to be asked to help the program should not be off putting to that person.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 14th, 2022, 4:35 pm

I think this is all silly. I have no idea what Bobby does charity wise overall but he seems pretty involved and was an NFL man of the year nominee. He's always been a class act guy in the community, with the fans, his teammates, youth, and the way he plays the game. I would bet based on everything else he probably is pretty low on the stingy scale and the causes he's publicly associated with arguably at least on paper are more valuable than donating to a DI football program so if he reserves X number of dollars a year to charity that's probably his thinking. That's enough for me to enjoy watching him. If he's got a bad taste in his mouth about USU its certainly in the Aggies interest to reach out and fix it and let him know they are proud to be associated with him without acting like he owes anything in return or soliciting at all.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 3):
vegasaggieLarryTheAggieDreadPirateRoberts

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » December 14th, 2022, 9:52 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 4:35 pm
I think this is all silly. I have no idea what Bobby does charity wise overall but he seems pretty involved and was an NFL man of the year nominee. He's always been a class act guy in the community, with the fans, his teammates, youth, and the way he plays the game. I would bet based on everything else he probably is pretty low on the stingy scale and the causes he's publicly associated with arguably at least on paper are more valuable than donating to a DI football program so if he reserves X number of dollars a year to charity that's probably his thinking. That's enough for me to enjoy watching him. If he's got a bad taste in his mouth about USU its certainly in the Aggies interest to reach out and fix it and let him know they are proud to be associated with him without acting like he owes anything in return or soliciting at all.
While true, the riff apparently arose primarily with a single individual with a lot of influence within the athletic department (quite likely the AD) and so long as that person was around the riff wouldn't be mended. Based on comments over the last couple of years, I think mending the relationship is now possible.

Locked Previous topicNext topic