New Commit (from yesterday)

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

New Commit (from yesterday)

Post by aggies22 » December 1st, 2022, 10:03 am

I just realized this didn't make it to the board. Here is my story detailing his commitment. Thanks for reading!!

https://bigblueusuaggienews.com/2022/12 ... ian-slone/
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 14):
flying_scotsman2.03rdGenAggieslcaggjpswensenUSU78AggieGrad2021DreadPirateRobertsAGinNEIowaImakeitraincrazywookie and 4 more users

bullshot

Re: New Commit (from yesterday)

Post by bullshot » December 1st, 2022, 4:49 pm

Nice pick up, Iguess. Not impressed with the recruiting competition.
These users thanked the author bullshot for the post:
aggies22

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 1st, 2022, 5:18 pm

bullshot wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 4:49 pm
Nice pick up, Iguess. Not impressed with the recruiting competition.
At least this one had offers from Hawaii and Toledo.

And it seems like EVERY thread started about a new commit has the potential to turn into a thread freaking out about the other offers the guy had.

GUS

Post by GUS » December 1st, 2022, 5:51 pm

I'm still not sure I like this alignment with two rush edges. It makes us so small and light on the line. Why not go to a 3/4 alignment and get the rush from a combo linebacker. Seems like we would get gashed less from the big runs.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 1st, 2022, 5:52 pm

GUS wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 5:51 pm
I'm still not sure I like this alignment with two rush edges. It makes us so small and light on the line. Why not go to a 3/4 alignment and get the rush from a combo linebacker. Seems like we would get gashed less from the big runs.
We get gashed because we don't emphasize setting the edge or filling gaps with discipline. 3-4 or 4-3 doesn't change that.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 5):
USU78aggies22FloridaAggie13AggieFBObsessionvalleyaggie21

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » December 1st, 2022, 6:20 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 5:52 pm
GUS wrote:
We get gashed because we don't emphasize setting the edge or filling gaps with discipline. 3-4 or 4-3 doesn't change that.
I agree, our gap assignment discipline is not very good at all by LB and sometimes at safety
These users thanked the author Agzrule for the post:
AggieFBObsession

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 1st, 2022, 6:30 pm

Agzrule wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 6:20 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
GUS wrote:
I agree, our gap assignment discipline is not very good at all by LB and sometimes at safety
and always at edge/DE
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AggieGrad2021

Post by AggieGrad2021 » December 1st, 2022, 6:50 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
GUS wrote:
You have to be perfect in a 2/4/5(that’s really what our defensive front is with Vaughn/Grzesiak/heninger etc, at the DE spots) to stop the run. We’re good, but not perfect in our gap technique so we are easy to block which is why we often get beat up In The run. If you add more big bodies in a legit 3/4 or legit 4/3 you don’t need to be as perfect, so it’s easier to stop the run. (You still have to be gap disciplined but the margin for error is a lot larger)I’ve been a proponent of going legit 3/4 for a long time now. Slide Vaughan and Grzeiak to their correct position as stand up OLBs. guys like Hale would become 3/4 DEs, and we’d have to find an A gap plug in a Nose tackle. Still gives DC some chances to be creative in certain spots, but we no longer have a huge size disadvantage in the running game.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 1st, 2022, 7:12 pm

AggieGrad2021 wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 6:50 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
GUS wrote:
You have to be perfect in a 2/4/5(that’s really what our defensive front is with Vaughn/Grzesiak/heninger etc, at the DE spots) to stop the run. We’re good, but not perfect in our gap technique so we are easy to block which is why we often get beat up In The run. If you add more big bodies in a legit 3/4 or legit 4/3 you don’t need to be as perfect, so it’s easier to stop the run. (You still have to be gap disciplined but the margin for error is a lot larger)I’ve been a proponent of going legit 3/4 for a long time now. Slide Vaughan and Grzeiak to their correct position as stand up OLBs. guys like Hale would become 3/4 DEs, and we’d have to find an A gap plug in a Nose tackle. Still gives DC some chances to be creative in certain spots, but we no longer have a huge size disadvantage in the running game.
I agree size would help but the philosophy of this defense is not conducive to stopping the run and size and alignment won’t change that. If guys don’t set the edge then it doesn’t matter how big they are.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
AggieFBObsession

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 1st, 2022, 9:18 pm

A lot of FCS/Weber State level offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stang

Post by stang » December 1st, 2022, 9:58 pm

2004AG wrote:A lot of FCS/Weber State level offers.

Given that Weber was a whole lot better than us this year, I’m not sure that’s a bad thing.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 1st, 2022, 10:22 pm

stang wrote:

Given that Weber was a whole lot better than us this year, I’m not sure that’s a bad thing.
If our goal is to win the MW it is.

I know the point you’re trying to make but our record vs them the last 30 years is a more appropriate sample size.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 1st, 2022, 10:26 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 10:22 pm
stang wrote:

If our goal is to win the MW it is.

I know the point you’re trying to make but our record vs them the last 30 years is a more appropriate sample size.

If there was one guy from Weber that it is a good thing we didn't go after, it's their longsnapper. Then it would have been us instead of them setting the record giving up four safeties in a game!
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
NVAggie

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 2nd, 2022, 4:26 am

AggieGrad2021 wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 6:50 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
GUS wrote:
When you can't recruit at a higher level and build from the hs ranks then you're not going to get the 300lb dt types no matter which formation you implement. Someone tell me how Wyoming can recruit those types and we can't. It makes no sense. I understand that a kid would rather go to California or Boise for stupid reasons. But i don't understand Wyoming.

Locked Previous topicNext topic