Elephant in the Room: Pres -> AD -> FB HC

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BeNo

Elephant in the Room: Pres -> AD -> FB HC

Post by BeNo » November 22nd, 2022, 1:06 pm

Does Anderson want to stick around to see the new Pres and new AD?

Do the new Pres and new AD want Anderson?

If Anderson leaves, do the interim Pres and interim AD hire a FB HC that the new Pres and new AD want?
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post:
AggieGrad2021

bwcrc

Re: Elephant in the Room: Pres -> AD -> FB HC

Post by bwcrc » November 22nd, 2022, 1:19 pm

With the two most high-profile administrative positions now open, you don't get rid of your highest profile/paid employee until those positions are filled. Unless, of course, Cockett wants to go all scorched earth and destroy the football program, setting it back to the failures of the early 2000s. With Cockett now a lame duck, I doubt the boosters step up for the buyout.

BA probably only voluntarily leaves if there is some sort of buyout. If BA is pressured into leaving, the earliest would probably be after a new AD is in place. More realistically, it wouldn't be until both the AD and president positions are settled given the nature of the head football coach to a school. That means BA is likely around through at least next season unless there is something really ugly lurking. But if that was the case, he would probably already be gonzo.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 22nd, 2022, 1:23 pm

The new AD shouldn’t get the job if the first thing they do is fire Blake especially the timing probably when spring ball or summer/fall camp is going on.

We need leadership not someone who is going to further split loyalties.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » November 22nd, 2022, 2:38 pm

Fire BA right now would be very expensive for us

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » November 22nd, 2022, 2:50 pm

ViAggie wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 2:38 pm
Unless there is cause. But I think it is safe to assume that with everything else that has gone on, if there was cause to fire him it would have been done already.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025ViAggie

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » November 22nd, 2022, 2:57 pm

bwcrc wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 2:50 pm
ViAggie wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 2:38 pm
Unless there is cause. But I think it is safe to assume that with everything else that has gone on, if there was cause to fire him it would have been done already.
Even Hartwell leaving with a buyout meant there was no cause. Cockett will remain on the job until July because there is no cause.

Truthfully, the stuff that happened was due to a small number of students and student athletes. The others may have pressure to leave, but none of them broke any laws it would seem. Sometimes situations just get out of hand.
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggieJSHarvey

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » November 22nd, 2022, 2:58 pm

Are you guys aware that Anderson just won 5 games in a row in a season that was considered lost for a while. If he wants to leave, he will have plenty of suitors for his services.

And President Cockett has 7 more months to serve as President. It is well within her rights to hire anybody she wants to. And she loves USU. She's going to stay on as a faculty member and researcher. So why would anybody in their right mind believe that she would go "all scorched earth" on the university and the athletic program?

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I lose brain cells when I read some of these posts.
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post (total 10):
Aggie84025osuaggienewtonianbluetrevordudeImakeitrainvegasaggieJSHarveyGA_AggieSeAggieBlue Sage

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 22nd, 2022, 3:24 pm

lol. I am not saying BA is to be fired. Just noting the obvious cluster of a situation that develops over the next 30 days should BA get a better or equivalent offer and decides to go. A lot of movement is going to happen the next 30 days. Ask Reno what can happen.

coolag

Post by coolag » November 22nd, 2022, 3:57 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 2:58 pm
Are you guys aware that Anderson just won 5 games in a row in a season that was considered lost for a while. If he wants to leave, he will have plenty of suitors for his services.

And President Cockett has 7 more months to serve as President. It is well within her rights to hire anybody she wants to. And she loves USU. She's going to stay on as a faculty member and researcher. So why would anybody in their right mind believe that she would go "all scorched earth" on the university and the athletic program?

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I lose brain cells when I read some of these posts.
I feel the same way when I read yours because you seem to jump to conclusions on what other posters mean more than anyone on this board.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
BigBlueAggie

Regulator of Class

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 22nd, 2022, 4:06 pm

Unless Blake is able to let go for cause their would be no reason to let him go. He has done an excellent job. From the rumors it sounds like Cockett would prefer he is gone but unless it is for cause if would be an absolute blunder to let him go. Both Hartwell and Cockett were not let go for cause even though it sounds like they had some pressure to resign. Whether or not he gets other offers and wants to jump ship that is to be seen.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
ViAggie

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 22nd, 2022, 4:43 pm

AggiesForever wrote:Are you guys aware that Anderson just won 5 games in a row in a season that was considered lost for a while. If he wants to leave, he will have plenty of suitors for his services.

Yeah you should read those posts a little closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 22nd, 2022, 5:23 pm

The ironic thing is that if only BA was a poor enough recruiter for Patrick Maddox to start and get the playing time he was entitled to, this whole thing with the police chief, president and AD wouldn't have happened, as well as the off the field scrutiny for BA being avoided. But with how poor our defense would be with Maddox starting, the debate would be if can afford to fire BA for on the field performance. As bad as the Weber loss was arguably erasing the 2021 season and how bad it was BA made it worse with his comments attacking fans, it would have been all the worse if we had the kind of season we would have had in 2021 with Maddox starting(as in not getting Justin Rice, and the others who played over Maddox), then with BA entering 2022 on the hot seat, having the Weber loss and attacking fans.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 22nd, 2022, 6:01 pm

BA inherited one of the worst teams in the country and has taken them to 2 straight bowl games. Unless there is a compelling non-football related reason to fire him (and there isn’t) he isn’t getting fired.

These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 7):
Aggie in Boise3rdGenAggievegasaggieAggie84025GA_AggieAggiefan33Blue Sage

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 22nd, 2022, 6:18 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 6:01 pm
BA inherited one of the worst teams in the country and has taken them to 2 straight bowl games. Unless there is a compelling non-football related reason to fire him (and there isn’t) he isn’t getting fired.

Nobody has said otherwise.

The question was if any of the sexual assault issues stick to him.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » November 22nd, 2022, 6:50 pm

2004AG wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 6:18 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 6:01 pm

Nobody has said otherwise.

The question was if any of the sexual assault issues stick to him.
Thought this was evident from the very first post. Guess it wasn’t.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
2004AG

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » November 22nd, 2022, 7:02 pm

AggiesForever wrote:

I totally agree.

GUS

Post by GUS » November 22nd, 2022, 7:47 pm

The sexual assault took place before Anderson was here. The only thing he can be blamed for is a dumb comment. Only wokesters would fire him for that.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
AggiesForever

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 22nd, 2022, 8:06 pm

GUS wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 7:47 pm
The sexual assault took place before Anderson was here. The only thing he can be blamed for is a dumb comment. Only wokesters would fire him for that.
What sexual assault?

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 22nd, 2022, 8:30 pm

GUS wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 7:47 pm
Are you referring to this?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2 ... gets-500k/

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » November 22nd, 2022, 10:53 pm

blueaggie wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 7:02 pm
AggiesForever wrote:

I totally agree.
I agree all of these fan page rumors are just that rumors and no more! People want to believe the worst in everything. In reality it is what it is The president came to the end of her term and that’s the story nothing more. Geez! And we can only hope we keep Anderson here as long as possible! He is a great man and we are lucky to have him!
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post:
SeAggie

#hornsup!

Locked Previous topicNext topic