True Colors

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dyedblue

True Colors

Post by dyedblue » September 25th, 2022, 9:57 am

I haven’t posted in a long time, but this is so damn frustrating. I’ve been an Aggie long before BA got here and I’ll be here long after he’s gone.

Last game our fans showed their true colors. This week he’s grateful for those that stayed until the end. We played better, and would have win two weeks ago if we had played like this??? You have got to be kidding me. You don’t win games with 6 turnovers, ever. Not against UNLV, not against Weber, not against Logan High.

Coach is fighting a fight he can’t win. So sorry I left after four turnovers, I should have stuck around for numbers five and six? Good thing Bonner had a short leash. I mean, six turnovers is totally understandable and coach just excused them away. Too bad we only have two backups that have won bowl games. Give them some playing time to build experience.

This offense is so bad. Way beyond one QB bad, why have we not mixed anything up. Whenever the D gets a stop we throw a pick. When we score a game changing TD, we can’t shut our mouths and get 30 yards worth of penalties followed by an offsides giving our opponent the ball at our 45. Never mind that late drive where we take the play clock down to 1 second on 3rd and 4th down to run test stupid draw plays.

We block a punt for a safety and turn it right back over to kill momentum.

I thought Briggs not getting the ball was going to be fixed?

BA told us last night that if players keep playing undisciplined they won’t be playing.

Bonner has a short leash.

Sorry coach, you have showed us your true colors and have no credibility. Take some reasonably and quit blaming everyone else and start leading. This team has talent and this defense is actually pretty good.
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post (total 6):
USU78Aggie84025FloridaAggie13AGinNEIowaAggiePTcdaAg

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Mr. Sneelock

Re: True Colors

Post by Mr. Sneelock » September 25th, 2022, 10:48 am

I took my youngest son to the game last night. During the second half I texted my wife some words that I never ever thought I would:. "I don't think I need to come to any more games this year. I'm not even having fun."

It was a beautiful night in Cache Valley and I was spending some one on one time with my son watching my team. And I wasn't having any fun.

I'm done. I dislike this team and I dislike their attitudes. I dislike their undisciplined play. I dislike the constant penalties. I especially dislike unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for celebrating when down multiple scores. I dislike the coach blaming the fans. I dislike players who run their mouths on Twitter 3 or 4 days after getting their asses handed to them by an FCS team at home. And I dislike the coach thanking fans for staying to the end in a thinly veiled shot at those who had the self respect to leave early.

That's it. This team sucks. I don't even like cheering for them. I wish they weren't wearing Utah State across their chests and wish they didn't represent the school that I love. I wasn't having a good time, I wasn't entertained, and I spent hard earned money for the privilege. What kind of idiot do I have to be to do that?

Harsh? Maybe. But I'm done.

This is where I get off.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 8):
isrredAhbyeFloridaAggie13USU78utaggiesAGinNEIowaTrueBigBluePIGSKINAGGIE

Formerly TulsAGGIE

rAggie

Post by rAggie » September 25th, 2022, 10:54 am

I lost my season tickets in a bet at the Weber game so I spent last night in my basement with friends, cold beer, and six different games on the TVs. I suspect I had a lot more fun doing that than I would have going to the game where the gestapo were looking to arrest anyone saying boo.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 3):
AGinNEIowatrevordudePIGSKINAGGIE

Showing my True Colors since 2022

coolag

Post by coolag » September 25th, 2022, 10:56 am

dyedblue wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 9:57 am
I haven’t posted in a long time, but this is so damn frustrating. I’ve been an Aggie long before BA got here and I’ll be here long after he’s gone.

Last game our fans showed their true colors. This week he’s grateful for those that stayed until the end. We played better, and would have win two weeks ago if we had played like this??? You have got to be kidding me. You don’t win games with 6 turnovers, ever. Not against UNLV, not against Weber, not against Logan High.

Coach is fighting a fight he can’t win. So sorry I left after four turnovers, I should have stuck around for numbers five and six? Good thing Bonner had a short leash. I mean, six turnovers is totally understandable and coach just excused them away. Too bad we only have two backups that have won bowl games. Give them some playing time to build experience.

This offense is so bad. Way beyond one QB bad, why have we not mixed anything up. Whenever the D gets a stop we throw a pick. When we score a game changing TD, we can’t shut our mouths and get 30 yards worth of penalties followed by an offsides giving our opponent the ball at our 45. Never mind that late drive where we take the play clock down to 1 second on 3rd and 4th down to run test stupid draw plays.

We block a punt for a safety and turn it right back over to kill momentum.

I thought Briggs not getting the ball was going to be fixed?

BA told us last night that if players keep playing undisciplined they won’t be playing.

Bonner has a short leash.

Sorry coach, you have showed us your true colors and have no credibility. Take some reasonably and quit blaming everyone else and start leading. This team has talent and this defense is actually pretty good.
How dare you.

Regulator of Class

coolag

Post by coolag » September 25th, 2022, 10:57 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 10:48 am
I took my youngest son to the game last night. During the second half I texted my wife some words that I never ever thought I would:. "I don't think I need to come to any more games this year. I'm not even having fun."

It was a beautiful night in Cache Valley and I was spending some one on one time with my son watching my team. And I wasn't having any fun.

I'm done. I dislike this team and I dislike their attitudes. I dislike their undisciplined play. I dislike the constant penalties. I especially dislike unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for celebrating when down multiple scores. I dislike the coach blaming the fans. I dislike players who run their mouths on Twitter 3 or 4 days after getting their asses handed to them by an FCS team at home. And I dislike the coach thanking fans for staying to the end in a thinly veiled shot at those who had the self respect to leave early.

That's it. This team sucks. I don't even like cheering for them. I wish they weren't wearing Utah State across their chests and wish they didn't represent the school that I love. I wasn't having a good time, I wasn't entertained, and I spent hard earned money for the privilege. What kind of idiot do I have to be to do that?

This is where I get off.
Yeah but last year........
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
AGinNEIowa

Regulator of Class

aggieborn

Post by aggieborn » September 25th, 2022, 11:08 am

I don’t understand how we went from a team last year that was probably the funnest team in Aggie history to this team that’s the most difficult to watch ever. Last years basketball team was frustrating to watch but there was hope you could see how close they were but the always fell short every single time and it was tough to watch. This football team is a billion times more frustrating. There’s absolutely 0 hope, they don’t compete they get man handled, and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a team more undisciplined are they even trying to win. Hopefully basketball can save our university and play well this year I don’t know if I can take a repeat of last year after this fall.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 25th, 2022, 11:23 am

I think the undisciplined play, especially the unsportsmanlike penalties and yammering at the mouth while losing is the salt in the wound. It is so reminiscient of my time at USU when the team sucked a$$ and still strutted like they owned the place, causing a huge disconnect between the team and the students.

I get it that the players will make mistakes, drop passes, throw a pick, miss a block, etc., but to watch them crow like roosters, costing the team 30% of the field is just asinine, and to do it over and over again without consequence from the coaching staff is unbelievable.

Thursday night will be an a$$ kicking. I suspect I'll watch the first half - if I still have power after the storm - and that will be enough.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 25th, 2022, 11:26 am

This should play at the next home blowout.

These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13GameFAQSAggieAGinNEIowa

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » September 25th, 2022, 11:40 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:

This is where I get off.
Sadly, I'm kind of in agreement. I don't mind watching losses. I've watched plenty and many have been entertaining despite the loss. But I have always had a problem watching all of the WTF losses like the last 3, not entertaining at all.

I'm not sure there is any way to avoid watching the BYU game Thursday, as all of my kids are now BYU fans. They have been full on Aggies their whole lives despite all of their friends and family waving the BYU flag. But a year like this in these impressionable years...You broke my heart, Coach A.

We just had another one a few weeks ago, so maybe there is hope for him.

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

coolag

Post by coolag » September 25th, 2022, 11:52 am

AGNUMPI wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 11:40 am
Mr. Sneelock wrote:

This is where I get off.
Sadly, I'm kind of in agreement. I don't mind watching losses. I've watched plenty and many have been entertaining despite the loss. But I have always had a problem watching all of the WTF losses like the last 3, not entertaining at all.

I'm not sure there is any way to avoid watching the BYU game Thursday, as all of my kids are now BYU fans. They have been full on Aggies their whole lives despite all of their friends and family waving the BYU flag. But a year like this in these impressionable years...You broke my heart, Coach A.

Gross

Regulator of Class

ustate98
Pick'em Champ - '13 WTHCG

Post by ustate98 » September 25th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Yesterday was a daddy/daughters day for me. I had asked them if they wanted to go to the game, only one of the two wanted to go. So last night instead of being at the game I followed the 2nd half in a movie theater watching one of the dumbest shows ever ( Minions part 285).

I don't know what was more frustrating, having paid $60 for tickets and treats for that show or following the game.
These users thanked the author ustate98 for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 25th, 2022, 12:13 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:

This is where I get off.
The fact that someone very close to the program "liked" this post is very telling and sad at the internal state of affairs. Our offense is less entertaining than watching old people play bingo. I'll keep attending, but am only excited for the unlimited drinks and food my seats afford me.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » September 25th, 2022, 12:26 pm

I’m just glad that I didn’t make plans to go to Provo before the season. I can’t imagine going down there this year. I have a bad feeling about Thursday night. Like Alabama bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » September 25th, 2022, 12:29 pm

coolag wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 11:52 am
AGNUMPI wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 11:40 am
Mr. Sneelock wrote:

This is where I get off.

Gross
Tell me about it. Live every day like it is your last. Because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post:
FloridaAggie13

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 25th, 2022, 1:06 pm

AGNUMPI wrote:
Mr. Sneelock wrote:

This is where I get off.

Then you have bigger problems than UNLV and Weber State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
Madmartigan

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » September 25th, 2022, 1:44 pm

rAggie wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 10:54 am
I lost my season tickets in a bet at the Weber game so I spent last night in my basement with friends, cold beer, and six different games on the TVs. I suspect I had a lot more fun doing that than I would have going to the game where the gestapo were looking to arrest anyone saying boo.
At home with beer, multiple displays, as Jesus intended

Not sent from Tapatalk

GUS

Post by GUS » September 25th, 2022, 1:46 pm

Both the Weber and UNLV games I've come home more frustrated and upset than being entertained. After how frustrated I was when I got home, I promised my wife that I'm done going this season. Just not fun anymore.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 25th, 2022, 9:26 pm

I had a great time with my son. I left early and felt great about it. Better than booing, right? I then drowned my sorrows into a milkshake and slept very well. It is my new fan hood. No need to ruin a weekend over a bunch of young people too cocky to realize they are getting their asses handed to them.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
Hootaggietime

Locked Previous topicNext topic