“Bonners on a short leash this week”

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Astate4life
Has thanked: 0

Re: “Bonners on a short leash this week”

Post by Astate4life » September 25th, 2022, 5:57 pm

I hate to see you guys go through this. I was wondering how long it would take for thin skinned Blake aka coach "slipnslide" to show up. We are still recovering from the mess he left here in Jonesboro.

AV8AG

Post by AV8AG » September 25th, 2022, 7:31 pm

Old Fart Young @ Heart wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 12:40 pm
My problem With Bonner without mentioning his telegraphing his passes, is his tendency to throw to the right side of the field. I surmise that 80% of his throws went that way last night. Looking over the last 2 seasons, I think most of us can see that is true. He was an unknown quality last year and we had great receivers. This year teams have seen this tendency and have structured their defense to take advantage of this. To me that means we are only playing with half of a field and the defense only has to cover the same. Comments
I am happy to see that someone else noticed this

“Sometimes my genius, it’s frightening” - Jeremy Clarkson

I guess there is all ways next year. :noidea:
https://www.usustats.com/ :rock:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 26th, 2022, 7:41 am

I am on team “Legas should get the chance to start on Thursday and a non-BYU game.”

In my heart of hearts, I don’t think Legas is it either, but people I trust say he earned the number 2 spot.

I think the path forward is Levi Williams running a different offensive scheme next season. :noidea:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 26th, 2022, 7:48 am

USU78 wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:00 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:58 pm
brownjeans wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:54 pm
There's no leash. Blake is holding Bonner's hand and they're standing on the deck of a sinking ship.
You forgot the part where they are bathed in the blood of Christ.
What in the hell is wrong with you?
What isn’t wrong with me is the better question. I meant this in a far more lighthearted way than it probably came across under the circumstances. I apologize if I offended.

I do think if you bring up your religion at every opportunity (Anderson) or paint Christian symbols on your face for a game (Bonner), you’ve at least invited some lighthearted jesting.

It is fascinating how differently southern Christians of whatever stripe express their religion versus the LDS folks around here.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
JSHarvey

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » September 26th, 2022, 8:31 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 7:41 am
I am on team “Legas should get the chance to start on Thursday and a non-BYU game.”

In my heart of hearts, I don’t think Legas is it either, but people I trust say he earned the number 2 spot.

I think the path forward is Levi Williams running a different offensive scheme next season. :noidea:
He might have just earned number 2 because he’s been here longer and knows the playbook better. I say play Legas and Williams every other series or a quarter at a time, but at the end of the day I see Legas transferring and Williams taking over next year. Just a gut feeling.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 26th, 2022, 8:32 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 7:48 am
USU78 wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:00 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:58 pm
brownjeans wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:54 pm
There's no leash. Blake is holding Bonner's hand and they're standing on the deck of a sinking ship.
You forgot the part where they are bathed in the blood of Christ.
What in the hell is wrong with you?
What isn’t wrong with me is the better question. I meant this in a far more lighthearted way than it probably came across under the circumstances. I apologize if I offended.

I do think if you bring up your religion at every opportunity (Anderson) or paint Christian symbols on your face for a game (Bonner), you’ve at least invited some lighthearted jesting.

It is fascinating how differently southern Christians of whatever stripe express their religion versus the LDS folks around here.
I think generally speaking jokes about people being covered in other peoples blood are discouraged.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 26th, 2022, 8:58 am

UStateTim wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 8:31 am
ineptimusprime wrote:

He might have just earned number 2 because he’s been here longer and knows the playbook better. I say play Legas and Williams every other series or a quarter at a time, but at the end of the day I see Legas transferring and Williams taking over next year. Just a gut feeling.
If Legas is determined to leave, then you start Davenport.

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 26th, 2022, 9:17 am

ineptimusprime wrote:

I really don’t care who starts on Thursday as long as it isn’t Bonner.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 26th, 2022, 12:45 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 8:58 am
UStateTim wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 8:31 am
ineptimusprime wrote:

If Legas is determined to leave, then you start Davenport.
^ This. I don't see a scenario where Williams is ever the starting QB at USU unless it is out of sheer necessity due to multiple injuries. It would basically be watching Peasley 2.0 - only with with a bigger body and not as much speed.

Locked Previous topicNext topic