“Bonners on a short leash this week”

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FL350Aggie

Re: “Bonners on a short leash this week”

Post by FL350Aggie » September 25th, 2022, 8:48 am

In other news Miami just benched their starting QB because he lost to somebody Miami had no business losing to…so strange.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
AV8AG

coolag

Post by coolag » September 25th, 2022, 8:49 am

You can't triple stamp a double stamp.

Regulator of Class

coolag

Post by coolag » September 25th, 2022, 8:53 am

2004AG wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 6:44 pm
Clearly it’s a very long leash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no leash at all and currently the owner is letting him shi+ all over the grass.

Regulator of Class

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 25th, 2022, 9:05 am

Agree with imakeitrain. Say that Bonner is the coaches favorite who has a very long leash but people in this thread are outright embarrassing themselves. Un (I can't express myself without swearing) real the personal jabs being taken in this thread and on this board. It’s a football game and ya we are terrible and the coach can’t seem to make it better but holy (I can't express myself without swearing).

These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post (total 2):
Imakeitrainsam tingey

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 25th, 2022, 9:15 am

This is the longest running quote thread ever.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
aggieborn

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 25th, 2022, 9:17 am

aggies22 wrote:This is the longest running quote thread ever.
As well as the most pathetic and not because I disagree with the premise.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 25th, 2022, 9:17 am

aggies22 wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 9:15 am
You meant to add annoying as well but are too kind to do so.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 25th, 2022, 9:28 am

Usu0505 wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 9:05 am
Agree with imakeitrain. Say that Bonner is the coaches favorite who has a very long leash but people in this thread are outright embarrassing themselves. Un (I can't express myself without swearing) real the personal jabs being taken in this thread and on this board. It’s a football game and ya we are terrible and the coach can’t seem to make it better but holy (I can't express myself without swearing).

A couple of posts talking bad about Blake's and Bonner's religious beliefs are out of line. Aside from those a majority of the rest of the posts are just saying that Blake should have went to a different option based on how Bonner was playing. The vast majority of posters love what Bonner did last year as well as that the man is fearless and tough as nails. Those things aside it is time to give someone else a chance to lead this year's team at QB.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
USU78

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 25th, 2022, 9:33 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

A couple of posts talking bad about Blake's and Bonner's religious beliefs are out of line. Aside from those a majority of the rest of the posts are just saying that Blake should have went to a different option based on how Bonner was playing. The vast majority of posters love what Bonner did last year as well as that the man is fearless and tough as nails. Those things aside it is time to give someone else a chance to lead this year's team at QB.
There has been coward, clown and the assumption that Blake would go along with using his sons death and mental health as a gimmick to gain back fan support. Read other threads too because I said thread and board. Not everyone is saying these things but besides Imakeitrain I surely haven’t seen anyone call it out as below the line.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 25th, 2022, 9:34 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
2004AG wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 12:35 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
2004AG wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 12:07 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 11:39 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:48 pm
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:43 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:37 pm
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:30 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:27 pm
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:20 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 10:16 pm
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:35 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:32 pm
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:20 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:12 pm
Blake said that he owes Bonner this game.

He didn’t say he owes Bonner a series.

It’s very vague terminology to be calling him a “liar”
Saying he’s on a short leash and leaving him in after four picks? Seems vaguely like a lie.
No it doesn’t and one of those picks was a Hail Mary. Cool hit the open wide receiver 30 yards short of the goal line. That’s what Bonner should have done.
What about the two awful picks before that?

This you?
Hoot wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 11:26 am
GeoAg wrote:
May 2nd, 2022, 10:51 am
And yes, I do think Bonner has a chance to be an NFL player. He will at least get a look in somebody's camp. He has high accuracy and a quick release.
No way! Bonner is a high end backup at the FCS level! I have it on good authority that Peasley could’ve been a first rounder based on his tape from this past season. He probably would’ve won the Heisman too if BA didn’t hate him.
That would be sarcasm.
That’s my point because the sarcasm would suggest you chose Bonner over Peasley and outright

I one of the only people in that thread that was slightly skeptical of Bonner received reactions similar to this thread.

I’ve remained consistent. Never too high, never too low.
Do you just want someone to tell you you were right or something?
Im making the same point I did then. You guys acted like Bonner was the 2nd coming of Jordan Love, your sarcasm even suggested you actually agreed Bonner was an NFL talent.

So maybe sit down when it comes to talking about of Legas is any good or not.
Bruh
You pushed Bonner and now you’re pushing Legas.

None of them are quality FBS QBs right now. If you weren’t being sarcastic you’d have been more accurate. (Not that Peasley is a heisman caliber player or that BA hates Peasley)
We haven’t even seen a full game of Coop lol. You did properly define what happens when people are not sarcastic so good on you I guess?
But when he has been in what have you seen? 50% completion percentages? Please.

The fact is that we have a weak qb room. Going to Legas isn’t going to change anything and just like you pissed all over Peasley in favor of Bonner and are now doing to Bonner- you’ll be doing the same thing to Legas when he starts. Hell people are already doing that to Williams
What’s your problem with Legas?

Maybehe’s good, maybe he’s not. We have a very small sample size. What we do know is Bonner isn’t good this year.

My problem is with reactionary so called "fans".
It’s less “reactionary” and more “let’s try something new because what we are currently doing isn’t working”

People were complaining in chat that Bonner had a TD drive. People are complaining that Williams was given a chance. People are attacking Bonner because he dares to have a Christian symbol for his eye black. To even go to the point of calling Bonner a "surrogate son". Calling that reactionary is me putting it mildly.

If it were just "Bonner is struggling we should try something different" I'd agree. It looks like we are trying out Williams. Maybe we will try out Legas. But I really want people to spell out what specifically Legas has that makes him amazing given the sh!t some people were saying in chat and given the personal attacks on Bonner and Coach Anderson.
I don’t think anybody is saying Legas is great. I think they are saying we need to try somebody new.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 25th, 2022, 9:36 am

Usu0505 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

There has been coward, clown and the assumption that Blake would go along with using his sons death and mental health as a gimmick to gain back fan support. Read other threads too because I said thread and board. Not everyone is saying these things but besides Imakeitrain I surely haven’t seen anyone call it out as below the line.

Oh yeah. Liar, someone I wouldn’t trust my kids with, I can go find more. aAnd again, this is not the collective whole but everyone is so mad about a football game that they are actually going along with this stuff, or at least ignoring how out of line it is.

These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post:
Imakeitrain

blueblood

Post by blueblood » September 25th, 2022, 9:54 am

pcaggie wrote:First time in 25 years I turned off the game, I guess my Leash is shorter than Anderson’s
That’s surprising. Against Weber I was halfway through the canyon by the time the game was over. Last night I actually stayed because we were somewhat competitive, where against Weber we just plain got our A$$e$ handed to us.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 25th, 2022, 11:08 am

@Kraken I don’t need to disclaim a prediction as an opinion. A prediction is inherently an opinion.

You called what was inherently an opinion and called it a fact. Facts are objective.

If we’re to say “flamin hot is the best cheeto flavor” that is also an opinion. It’s also perfectly acceptable to state. It shows confidence in that opinion. The issue would be if someone said “fact: flamin hot is the best cheeto flavor”.

coolag

Post by coolag » September 25th, 2022, 11:13 am

I guess you can triple stamp a double stamp. But seriously this team is leaderless on the field and on the sidelines. Players are lost. Team is lost. Fans are lost. Blake is lost.

Regulator of Class

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 25th, 2022, 11:16 am

@2004AG

That’s perfectly fine but this thread is based on “Blake is a liar because he said ‘short leash’ and he wasn’t pulled immediately when he struggled”

Another thread is based on going with Williams over Legas.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 25th, 2022, 11:22 am

Madmartigan wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 9:17 am
aggies22 wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 9:15 am
You meant to add annoying as well but are too kind to do so.
I have deep feelings of personal shame for my participation.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 25th, 2022, 11:46 am

Imakeitrain wrote:[mention]2004AG[/mention]

That’s perfectly fine but this thread is based on “Blake is a liar because he said ‘short leash’ and he wasn’t pulled immediately when he struggled”

Well, I don’t think it’s a stretch to claim a player that throws 4 interceptions DIDNT have a “short” leash.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 25th, 2022, 12:00 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 11:08 am
@Kraken I don’t need to disclaim a prediction as an opinion. A prediction is inherently an opinion.

You called what was inherently an opinion and called it a fact. Facts are objective.

If we’re to say “flamin hot is the best cheeto flavor” that is also an opinion. It’s also perfectly acceptable to state. It shows confidence in that opinion. The issue would be if someone said “fact: flamin hot is the best cheeto flavor”.
"Fact: Bears eat beets.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica."
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
Imakeitrain

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » September 25th, 2022, 12:02 pm

USU78 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 11:08 am

"Fact: Bears eat beets.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica."
A classic.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 25th, 2022, 12:09 pm

2004AG wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 11:46 am
Imakeitrain wrote:@2004AG

Well, I don’t think it’s a stretch to claim a player that throws 4 interceptions DIDNT have a “short” leash.

+ A fumble

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 25th, 2022, 12:16 pm

It was actually five picks and a fumble...

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 25th, 2022, 12:24 pm

2004AG wrote:

The basis of the leash was Bonner’s confidence to run.

If you want to claim Blake should have pulled Bonner sooner I would agree and I would have agreed 2 weeks ago. Even questioning if Blake’s short leash is too long is fair and I would agree to an extent.

But Blake said we’d move forward at “some point” and that he was going to give Bonner a chance to be the QB he believes Bonner is (and specifically as it relates to confidence.

Calling Blake a liar is a personal attack that ignores what Blake said.

Old Fart Young @ Heart
Has thanked: 0

Post by Old Fart Young @ Heart » September 25th, 2022, 12:40 pm

My problem With Bonner without mentioning his telegraphing his passes, is his tendency to throw to the right side of the field. I surmise that 80% of his throws went that way last night. Looking over the last 2 seasons, I think most of us can see that is true. He was an unknown quality last year and we had great receivers. This year teams have seen this tendency and have structured their defense to take advantage of this. To me that means we are only playing with half of a field and the defense only has to cover the same. Comments

Harcher

Post by Harcher » September 25th, 2022, 1:04 pm

Old Fart Young @ Heart wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 12:40 pm
My problem With Bonner without mentioning his telegraphing his passes, is his tendency to throw to the right side of the field. I surmise that 80% of his throws went that way last night. Looking over the last 2 seasons, I think most of us can see that is true. He was an unknown quality last year and we had great receivers. This year teams have seen this tendency and have structured their defense to take advantage of this. To me that means we are only playing with half of a field and the defense only has to cover the same. Comments
This is is leaning too much toward an analytical view of the situation. Right now its better if you stick to upset and angry emotional views of the situation….

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 25th, 2022, 1:04 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
2004AG wrote:

If you want to claim Blake should have pulled Bonner sooner I would agree and I would have agreed 2 weeks ago. Even questioning if Blake’s short leash is too long is fair and I would agree to an extent.

But Blake said we’d move forward at “some point” and that he was going to give Bonner a chance to be the QB he believes Bonner is (and specifically as it relates to confidence.

You’re really arguing semantics.

Harcher

Post by Harcher » September 25th, 2022, 1:14 pm

Blake lead us to believe that if things weren’t going well, he would make a change. Pretty simple.

By my calculations, things weren’t going well. But I’m not paid ~$1M a year to do the calculations, I just pay a small fee to watch.

I agree with usu05 that all the personal insults are bad form on our part.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » September 25th, 2022, 1:31 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 8:14 am
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:29 pm
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:25 pm
Hoot wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Saying he’s on a short leash and leaving him in after four picks? Seems vaguely like a lie.
Stop putting all this on Bonner. Do you guys really truly think it will make a difference? Our receivers our..... Well not great. What do I know...
The receivers suck but Bonner is the QB. We lost by ten and he had two brain dead picks. I’m not saying we’d have won but he threw us out of the game.
Those only led to three points. The botched punt was a gimme seven points.

The INT to Cobbs down the sideline is the perfect illustration of our WR's inability to get open. Cobbs barely got even with the CB.

It's hard to tell on TV if the receivers have any separation. Bonner floats all his throws so even if there was room, they can always recover. Notice last year our receivers always had to get jump balls, they weren't getting the ball because they had separation most of the time. Bonner has no zip and even worse this year. His 2 early picks weren't close to anyone.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post:
AggiePT

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 25th, 2022, 2:00 pm

TrueAG wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 1:31 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 8:14 am
Hoot wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:29 pm
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
September 24th, 2022, 9:25 pm
Hoot wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Stop putting all this on Bonner. Do you guys really truly think it will make a difference? Our receivers our..... Well not great. What do I know...
The receivers suck but Bonner is the QB. We lost by ten and he had two brain dead picks. I’m not saying we’d have won but he threw us out of the game.
Those only led to three points. The botched punt was a gimme seven points.

The INT to Cobbs down the sideline is the perfect illustration of our WR's inability to get open. Cobbs barely got even with the CB.

It's hard to tell on TV if the receivers have any separation. Bonner floats all his throws so even if there was room, they can always recover. Notice last year our receivers always had to get jump balls, they weren't getting the ball because they had separation most of the time. Bonner has no zip and even worse this year. His 2 early picks weren't close to anyone.
His first pick was the worst; obviously forced into double coverage, shouldn't have been thrown. The second INT it appeared the linebacker read the play at the snap. Easy to say it shouldn't be thrown but it was probably an automatic three step drop, throw the slant based on the defense.

Cobb wasn't open on the deep pass but it was man coverage so it is understandable to throw it and expecting the WR to beat the DB. The other two INT's were just desperation throws as time ran out at the end of the half and the game.

Play Legas, may as well. I don't think the passing game will improve much until the WR's improve. Not sure how that happens though. Lega's legs will probably get us one or two more first downs every game.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Imakeitrain

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 25th, 2022, 2:03 pm

Can someone explain to me why we would ever call a designed QB run on 3rd and 4?

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 25th, 2022, 2:22 pm

dyedblue wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 2:03 pm
Can someone explain to me why we would ever call a designed QB run on 3rd and 4?
QB draw against an over-aggressive DL with its ears pinned back, completely oblivious to the possibility of the QB running.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 25th, 2022, 2:27 pm

dyedblue wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 2:03 pm
For the same reason we called play action on 4th and 19 against Weber.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
FloridaAggie13

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 25th, 2022, 2:41 pm

2004AG wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 1:04 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
2004AG wrote:

You’re really arguing semantics.

Think what you will.

When you call someone a liar I think it’s fair to see what was actually said.

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 25th, 2022, 4:21 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 8:48 am
In other news Miami just benched their starting QB because he lost to somebody Miami had no business losing to…so strange.
Yeah, if you play like crap and keep losing games you get benched. It happens in competitive sports.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » September 25th, 2022, 4:32 pm

dyedblue wrote:Can someone explain to me why we would ever call a designed QB run on 3rd and 4?
Could be a decent play if your qb had any business running. Unfortunately our qb has no business running at all, but he’s in an offense that has the qb running aspect as a necessity not a luxury.

These users thanked the author CaptainChaos for the post:
AggiePT

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 25th, 2022, 5:50 pm

probably more accurate to say the coach is being disingenuous than calling him a liar. 'liar' is a pretty strong label. i don't think he lied.

Locked Previous topicNext topic