19 days to kickoff

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

19 days to kickoff

Post by GameFAQSAggie » August 7th, 2022, 8:48 pm

In the game that I best remember as the first visit by New Mexico after the game where there was the terrible pass interference call on Tarver, it was satisfying to make sure that this game wouldn't even come close to coming down to a bad call. It was nice to be able to say as early as the second quarter that day we wouldn't have to worry about it happening this time, and that the only thing we needed to worry about was one of our walk-ons buried in the depth chart getting a touchdown taken away with such a call.

Part of the onslaught in the first half was a 19 yarder to Dax Raymond.

These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 4):
AussieAggieDadFloridaAggie13cdaAgBluestar

GameFAQSAggie

Re: 19 days to kickoff

Post by GameFAQSAggie » August 7th, 2022, 8:52 pm

And it was easy for us as fans to say try to get to 80 or 90 that day, but the coaches all know how the other end feels so you have to respect them for not allowing it.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 8th, 2022, 7:14 am

Unless you are BYU busy running up the score on any team they could. Some things I forget, but when the school from Provo runs it up then I remember.

When the Cougars were running up the score against Wyoming on regional T V, one of the commentators mentioned the Cougars tended to run up the score, and his broadcasting partner confirmed that observation. There was no disputing that fact in the broadcasting booth that day.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13aggies22USU78

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » August 8th, 2022, 7:31 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 7:14 am
Unless you are BYU busy running up the score on any team they could. Some things I forget, but when the school from Provo runs it up then I remember.

When the Cougars were running up the score against Wyoming on regional T V, one of the commentators mentioned the Cougars tended to run up the score, and his broadcasting partner confirmed that observation. There was no disputing that fact in the broadcasting booth that day.
I grew up watching them throw and throw and throw deep into the fourth quarter with a big lead against an outmatched opponent. Wilson, McMahon, Young, et al.

He wouldn't do it, but I can at least fantasize that BA would onside kick with 30 seconds left right after scoring a TD on fourth down while running a two-minute hurry-up offense, putting us up 73-7. Starters in for the full sixty-minutes. Play through the final whistle. In Provo.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
aggies22JSHarvey

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 8th, 2022, 7:38 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 7:31 am
NavyBlueAggie wrote:

I grew up watching them throw and throw and throw deep into the fourth quarter with a big lead against an outmatched opponent. Wilson, McMahon, Young, et al.

He wouldn't do it, but I can at least fantasize that BA would onside kick with 30 seconds left right after scoring a TD on fourth down while running a two-minute hurry-up offense, putting us up 73-7. Starters in for the full sixty-minutes. Play through the final whistle. In Provo.
That would be a dream scenario for this Aggie fan.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
FloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » August 8th, 2022, 8:30 am

aggies22 wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 7:38 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 7:31 am
NavyBlueAggie wrote:

That would be a dream scenario for this Aggie fan.
Notice that I did stop short of leaving Lavell Edwards Stadium with the 80-7 victory and taking BYU-players girlfriends. Leaving San Diego with their girlfriends after the championship blowout is one thing but leaving BYU-Provo with their girlfriends is more of a "Victory has defeated you" moment.

These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
aggies22

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 8th, 2022, 1:22 pm

There is honestly long term bad blood between our schools. Unfortunately I attended the 65-6 blowout we suffered from the Cougars in1977. I paid attention to the visitors bench, and their starting Q B played well into the 4th quarter.

I really like the scenario from FLORIDAGGIE13. To step on their collective "Richard" is a dream I hold dear.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 2):
USU78FloridaAggie13

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » August 8th, 2022, 1:48 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 1:22 pm
There is honestly long term bad blood between our schools. Unfortunately I attended the 65-6 blowout we suffered from the Cougars in1977. I paid attention to the visitors bench, and their starting Q B played well into the 4th quarter.

I really like the scenario from FLORIDAGGIE13. To step on their collective "Richard" is a dream I hold dear.
Bougar bastages.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 8th, 2022, 1:56 pm

USU78 wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 1:48 pm
NavyBlueAggie wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 1:22 pm

Bougar bastages.
I would think they all have fathers, it's just how deep into the farm you'd have to go to confirm lineage is another story.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
USU78

Locked Previous topicNext topic