Fall Camp 2022

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2022, 10:21 am

IS CLOSED!!!

Scrimmage on the 6th.
Scrimmage on the 13th.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
slcaggUSU78IdaAg93



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8867
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 811 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by BigBlueDart » July 19th, 2022, 10:37 am

Do you know if they'll be doing the on the field activities after the final scrimmage? Any poster signing? I missed that last year. I'm due to buy another autograph football and get it signed. Reeeeeeeally wished I had gotten it done last year as the two I have now are from Wells' first year and GA's second first year.

I've also toyed with the idea of donning my suit and having them sign that. Not sure how that would go over.



slcagg
Posts: 12089
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3435 times
Been thanked: 2860 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by slcagg » July 19th, 2022, 10:50 am

aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 10:21 am
IS CLOSED!!!

Scrimmage on the 6th.
Scrimmage on the 13th.
😒 😭
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2022, 11:08 am

BigBlueDart wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 10:37 am
Do you know if they'll be doing the on the field activities after the final scrimmage? Any poster signing? I missed that last year. I'm due to buy another autograph football and get it signed. Reeeeeeeally wished I had gotten it done last year as the two I have now are from Wells' first year and GA's second first year.

I've also toyed with the idea of donning my suit and having them sign that. Not sure how that would go over.
I have no idea at the moment.



Aggie84025
Posts: 6633
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1079 times
Been thanked: 2648 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by Aggie84025 » July 19th, 2022, 11:20 am

I understand why the coaches will do that, but i was looking forward to reports from practices. 8/27 cannot get here soon enough.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2022, 11:31 am

Aggie84025 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 11:20 am
I understand why the coaches will do that, but i was looking forward to reports from practices. 8/27 cannot get here soon enough.
The best I'll be able to do is depth charts from the scrimmages.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggie84025



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 3073
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 743 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by newhouse9 » July 19th, 2022, 11:32 am

Appreciate that 22. Was hoping to get up for some practices, but looking forward to the 6th and 13th.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2022, 11:40 am

newhouse9 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 11:32 am
Appreciate that 22. Was hoping to get up for some practices, but looking forward to the 6th and 13th.
I'll be over on the east side behind the offense if you want to wander over!!



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6685
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 844 times
Been thanked: 1974 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by Roy McAvoy » July 19th, 2022, 11:43 am

Aggies22, any idea if there's a plan to add anymore players before the season?

It seems to me we still really need a player/depth at Striker & RB.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 3073
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 743 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by newhouse9 » July 19th, 2022, 11:46 am

aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 11:40 am
newhouse9 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 11:32 am
Appreciate that 22. Was hoping to get up for some practices, but looking forward to the 6th and 13th.
I'll be over on the east side behind the offense if you want to wander over!!
Will do!
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2022, 12:05 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 11:43 am
Aggies22, any idea if there's a plan to add anymore players before the season?

It seems to me we still really need a player/depth at Striker & RB.
I don't see a RB back coming anytime soon. It seems to me that we pull players out of the portal best in December when we can show a player that there is a CLEAR immediate need. I think we'll add a RB then and take a high school kid. @El Sapo has teased the return of Breaker Mendenhall. I'm trying to verify that right now.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm

Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.



slcagg
Posts: 12089
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 3435 times
Been thanked: 2860 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by slcagg » July 19th, 2022, 9:27 pm

aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.
On a mission.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2790
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1067 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » July 19th, 2022, 9:42 pm

slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.
On a mission.
Per the ESPN article on Bronco, Breaker is on a mission

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... loser-game



boyblue
Posts: 99
Joined: February 20th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Location: Southeast Idaho
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by boyblue » July 19th, 2022, 10:22 pm

slcagg wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 9:27 pm
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.
On a mission.
In fact, I know his exact address.



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff
Posts: 16688
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Sonora, MX
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 1332 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by QuackAttackAggie » July 20th, 2022, 8:49 am

slcagg wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 9:27 pm
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.
On a mission.
is it a mission or is it a quest for perfection?
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 20th, 2022, 9:04 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote: ↑
July 20th, 2022, 8:49 am
slcagg wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 9:27 pm
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.
On a mission.
is it a mission or is it a quest for perfection?
I guess if he is the rare 24 month missionary it became a quest for perfection.



agster
Posts: 175
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by agster » July 20th, 2022, 9:15 am

Release date: 1/10/2024
These users thanked the author agster for the post (total 2):
aggies22slcagg



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 2132
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 449 times
Been thanked: 507 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by El Sapo » July 21st, 2022, 10:40 am

OK, we don't have any statements on the reason camp is closed right? Well, I have some ideas. LOL.

I don't think the coaches are confident who our starting QB will be. Logan is clearly the #1 but is he healthy? Legas and Levi are 2A and 2B. By keeping the camp closed, the Aggies can limit the ability of our opponents to observe and prepare for the offensive play packages the coaches will run for our 3 different QB's.

I like it.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
IdaAg93


Beware: False narratives about how powerful conspirators are plotting against the common man told by deceptive hucksters who have personal, and often financial, incentives to lie.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 21st, 2022, 10:44 am

El Sapo wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 10:40 am
OK, we don't have any statements on the reason camp is closed right? Well, I have some ideas. LOL.

I don't think the coaches are confident who our starting QB will be. Logan is clearly the #1 but is he healthy? Legas and Levi are 2A and 2B. By keeping the camp closed, the Aggies can limit the ability of our opponents to observe and prepare for the offensive play packages the coaches will run for our 3 different QB's.

I like it.
I HATE it!! I'm not sure how much spring ball you caught but in my opinion, Coop was hands down the better QB between him and Levi. Your hypothesis about the health of Logan could be on point.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggiesForever



AggieVoice
Posts: 871
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 4:16 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by AggieVoice » July 21st, 2022, 10:47 am

Do we know the times of the two scrimmages?
These users thanked the author AggieVoice for the post:
DreadPirateRoberts



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 2132
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 449 times
Been thanked: 507 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by El Sapo » July 21st, 2022, 11:09 am

aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 10:44 am
El Sapo wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 10:40 am
OK, we don't have any statements on the reason camp is closed right? Well, I have some ideas. LOL.

I don't think the coaches are confident who our starting QB will be. Logan is clearly the #1 but is he healthy? Legas and Levi are 2A and 2B. By keeping the camp closed, the Aggies can limit the ability of our opponents to observe and prepare for the offensive play packages the coaches will run for our 3 different QB's.

I like it.
I HATE it!! I'm not sure how much spring ball you caught but in my opinion, Coop was hands down the better QB between him and Levi. Your hypothesis about the health of Logan could be on point.
I saw zero spring ball but that will not limit my uninformed comments! LOL

You gotta tap the breaks on any spring ball heroics. I'm not saying Coop isn't going to be the first guy up if Logan needs more time. But spring ball isn't going to trump Levi's actual game film

So, when I think about Levi? And, watching him play in actual games. Man, there is your prototype college QB. Especially if our WR's aren't at the same level as last season. (right?) A big cat like Levi who can hold the ball a little longer in the pocket, run the ball effectively, and grind the clock who doesn't need a big downfield strike.

Oh! this is going to be a fun year! :scotsman:
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22


Beware: False narratives about how powerful conspirators are plotting against the common man told by deceptive hucksters who have personal, and often financial, incentives to lie.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 21st, 2022, 2:16 pm

AggieVoice wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 10:47 am
Do we know the times of the two scrimmages?
The 6th is at 11.
The 13th is at noon.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
FullDreadPirateRoberts



Aggie84025
Posts: 6633
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1079 times
Been thanked: 2648 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by Aggie84025 » July 21st, 2022, 2:55 pm

If Bonner is not ready I would be comfortable with Cooper or Levi running the show. While it was only 1 game Cooper showed me he is capable of leading a team. For someone having 3rd team reps for the whole year to do what he did was fantastic. I believe he will only grow from that experience. Levi had some great moments as WYO QB. He has all the tools to be good as well.



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 3073
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 743 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by newhouse9 » July 21st, 2022, 3:06 pm

Legas has my nod for #2. I think he could give Bonner a run for his money for the 1. They are both winners, and great kids. Re: Bonner, I hope that our receivers this year can have the same success with 50/50 balls as our Big 3 did last year.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
Aggie84025



Aggiefan21
Posts: 32
Joined: July 21st, 2022, 5:52 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by Aggiefan21 » July 21st, 2022, 5:54 pm

BigBlueDart wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 10:37 am
Do you know if they'll be doing the on the field activities after the final scrimmage? Any poster signing? I missed that last year. I'm due to buy another autograph football and get it signed. Reeeeeeeally wished I had gotten it done last year as the two I have now are from Wells' first year and GA's second first year.

I've also toyed with the idea of donning my suit and having them sign that. Not sure how that would go over.

There will be autographs with players when the scrimmage is over



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 31st, 2022, 3:11 pm

aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 2:16 pm
AggieVoice wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 10:47 am
Do we know the times of the two scrimmages?
The 6th is at 11.
The 13th is at noon.
The scrimmage on the 13th has been moved to 1.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
IdaAg93



Aggiefan21
Posts: 32
Joined: July 21st, 2022, 5:52 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by Aggiefan21 » July 31st, 2022, 3:24 pm

aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 31st, 2022, 3:11 pm
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 2:16 pm
AggieVoice wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 10:47 am
Do we know the times of the two scrimmages?
The 6th is at 11.
The 13th is at noon.
The scrimmage on the 13th has been moved to 1.
It has actually been moved to 2:00. Official scrimmage time on August 13 is 2:00pm.
These users thanked the author Aggiefan21 for the post:
aggies22



Elkaggie
Posts: 4922
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 685 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by Elkaggie » July 31st, 2022, 7:24 pm

I can’t wait for the scrimmages!



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » July 31st, 2022, 8:16 pm

Aggiefan21 wrote: ↑
July 31st, 2022, 3:24 pm
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 31st, 2022, 3:11 pm
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 2:16 pm
AggieVoice wrote: ↑
July 21st, 2022, 10:47 am
Do we know the times of the two scrimmages?
The 6th is at 11.
The 13th is at noon.
The scrimmage on the 13th has been moved to 1.
It has actually been moved to 2:00. Official scrimmage time on August 13 is 2:00pm.
Moved again?? The media guide I received as recently as Thursday said 1. Thanks for the update my Aggie brother.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggiefan21



AGGIEFIGHT
Posts: 682
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:46 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » August 1st, 2022, 8:43 am

aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.
I did hear from a non football source that Breaker Mendenhall brother is in Logan and is walking on. Played QB in High School.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 17493
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 770 times
Been thanked: 1422 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by brownjeans » August 1st, 2022, 9:04 am

My son maybe could play striker. He has a great 40 time, last year he had the second highest high jump and second longest long jump in his school. On the other hand, he's in Jr. High, 5'2" and 110 lbs and all his past football experience is flag football (playing tackle for the first time this year).
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
FloridaAggie13



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » August 1st, 2022, 9:06 am

AGGIEFIGHT wrote: ↑
August 1st, 2022, 8:43 am
aggies22 wrote: ↑
July 19th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Breaker Mendenhall has NOT returned to the Aggies.
I did hear from a non football source that Breaker Mendenhall brother is in Logan and is walking on. Played QB in High School.
I can't find anything football related regarding Cutter or Raeder. I can't even find evidence of Cutter ever being on the football team at byu.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15566
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 15138 times
Been thanked: 9369 times
Contact:

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by aggies22 » August 1st, 2022, 9:07 am

brownjeans wrote: ↑
August 1st, 2022, 9:04 am
My son maybe could play striker. He has a great 40 time, last year he had the second highest high jump and second longest long jump in his school. On the other hand, he's in Jr. High, 5'2" and 110 lbs and all his past football experience is flag football (playing tackle for the first time this year).
I'd give him some time to develop.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
FloridaAggie13



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 17493
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 770 times
Been thanked: 1422 times

Re: Fall Camp 2022

Post by brownjeans » August 1st, 2022, 9:26 am

aggies22 wrote: ↑
August 1st, 2022, 9:07 am
brownjeans wrote: ↑
August 1st, 2022, 9:04 am
My son maybe could play striker. He has a great 40 time, last year he had the second highest high jump and second longest long jump in his school. On the other hand, he's in Jr. High, 5'2" and 110 lbs and all his past football experience is flag football (playing tackle for the first time this year).
I'd give him some time to develop.
lol - good thinking. The kid doesn't even have armpit hair yet :)
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
aggies22



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic