Us vs. byu

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
LKGates

Re: Us vs. byu

Post by LKGates » May 12th, 2022, 11:15 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 12:31 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 12:28 pm
just wait for the big 12 to implode....
I always think this is wishful thinking... then I see Rato make these comments and think, "what does he know that I dont know???"
Things are moving toward four 16 team power conferences. The Big 12 is the runt of the P5 litter, so they'll always be the ones getting poached. The ACC currently sits at 15, if you include affiliate member Notre Dame. The SEC will be at 16 with Texas and Oklahoma. The Big 10 is at 14. The PAC-12 is at, well, twelve. If the ACC takes West Virginia, they're at 16. The big ten takes two of Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State. It gets a little tricky with the Big Ten, because traditionally they only take schools that are AAU members, and of those four, only Kansas belongs to the AAU. Anyway, the PAC-12 takes the best four of whatever is left. After all that, you have a middling G5 (now G6) conference, and a small one at that.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » May 13th, 2022, 7:15 am

they were a very interesting opponent, a huge fan draw, and a lot of eyes on us when we did play. lots of national TV spots. but... when we won, everyone said it was a fluke and it kinda felt like it. when we lost, it was mathematical proof, incontrovertible and inexorable, of byu's superiority. just ask their fans.

the program's respective budgets, fan support, and media coverage were asymmetric by orders of magnitude in favor of byu. the notion that we needed them in any respect to build our program via interest and fan attendance is flawed. we were perennial underdogs on paper and i think we were only ever going to be underdogs in the eyes of state sports journalism, even if we did somehow do the near impossible of win 10 games in a row against them. it felt like a rigged setup that i just wasn't interested in doing.

if the USU fan interest and wallets surge and cough up money only when BYU's part of the equation, they're not USU fans. they just... hate BYU. there are plenty of USU fans that (sports) hate BYU and enjoy it. i get that, i seriously do. no knock to it. but the average fan in the stands was there for that single game only. there was nothing to build off of, there was no momentum to generate. it was a pinch of high burn dust and it made the fire hot for that week and that was it.

best of luck in the big12, byu.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
vegasaggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 13th, 2022, 7:26 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 6:05 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 1:12 pm
I am ambivalent about this.
At least you have a team you can still cheer for against them regularly! Most of us would think it would be funny if they were to go through another multi-year road losing streak before ending it against BYU, while I know you would like to see that certain team start regularly winning road games other that the ones at BYU.
Oh, I just can’t wait for my first opportunity to hit up the Marriott Center decked out in KU gear to watch KU disembowel them.

But I will admit to being somewhat okay with BYU getting an invite to the Big 12. It gives me a KU game every year to attend within easy driving distance.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
slcaggFloridaAggie13

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 13th, 2022, 9:04 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 7:15 am
they were a very interesting opponent, a huge fan draw, and a lot of eyes on us when we did play. lots of national TV spots. but... when we won, everyone said it was a fluke and it kinda felt like it. when we lost, it was mathematical proof, incontrovertible and inexorable, of byu's superiority. just ask their fans.

the program's respective budgets, fan support, and media coverage were asymmetric by orders of magnitude in favor of byu. the notion that we needed them in any respect to build our program via interest and fan attendance is flawed. we were perennial underdogs on paper and i think we were only ever going to be underdogs in the eyes of state sports journalism, even if we did somehow do the near impossible of win 10 games in a row against them. it felt like a rigged setup that i just wasn't interested in doing.

if the USU fan interest and wallets surge and cough up money only when BYU's part of the equation, they're not USU fans. they just... hate BYU. there are plenty of USU fans that (sports) hate BYU and enjoy it. i get that, i seriously do. no knock to it. but the average fan in the stands was there for that single game only. there was nothing to build off of, there was no momentum to generate. it was a pinch of high burn dust and it made the fire hot for that week and that was it.

Don't really care if their fans make excuses or say it is a fluke. In fact that is more of the fun.

As far as people not being real USU fans if that game is their priority, well sorry it is better to get as many casual fans in attendance as possible. Unfortunately not everyone will just automatically be at every Aggie game no matter what. The fans that only show up when the program is at a high point, you could argue aren't real fans. The fans who only show up when the weather is good, you could argue aren't real fans. The fans who come for homecoming or only when it is some other promotion game, you could argue aren't real fans.

And as someone who will be a season ticket holder, I'd rather see USU continue to play rivalry games. I'll go to any Aggie game, but there are definitely teams on the schedule I would prefer to see and teams that mean more when we beat.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
2004AGvegasaggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 13th, 2022, 9:09 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 11:01 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 10:35 pm
May 12th, 2022, 8:43 pm
2004AG wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 1:28 pm
Mr. Sneelock wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 12:42 pm
I honestly don't even care. Seriously. BYU is nothing but trouble. The farther we can stay away from them the better as far as I am concerned. They are fun games, but I won't lose any sleep over it. I wouldn't mind playing them at some point again in the future, but only on H/H terms.
You're really looking forward to New Mexico State or Marshall in 2023 huh
Haha so true.

"I hope we never play byu. I want nothing to do with them!"

"Why is our attendance low? Why don't people on the Wasatch Front come to more Aggie games?"

Same people. The reality is this is a blow. It isn't surprising with their move, but it is much better for USU to play Utah and byu as much as possible. Casual fans don't care about games against Uconn and Idaho State, sorry.

Hopefully the rivalry will continue in basketball. I get football not playing every year even though the games should still be played regularly, but there is no excuse for utah and byu to not play us every year in basketball.
I agree that it would be good to play BYU and Utah from a business perspective given the right terms.. There is no deal with Utah or BYU so clearly there are no terms agreeable to all sides. (On the other end of the spectrum they’d probably not have cancelled anything if all games were in Provo)

Secondly filling our stadium with their fans every other year isn’t the attendance people truly want.

Lastly, for me personally when I say “I want nothing to do with them” it’s much more personal. So the only healthy thing for me to do is to let it go. I can’t do that if we regularly play BYU because I love the Aggies. I want literally nothing to do with the entire school. Not just nothing to do with their football team. I want nothing to do with anything BYU.

I could go into how much I dislike BYU. I could say why and how for me personally it completely upends the supposed purpose of BYU. But that’s an even longer rant.

So yes, the TL;DR is although it takes away an in-state game that people look forward to that was once home & home; I don’t look personally forward to that game and am glad it’s over.
Sure they bring people, but it isn't just their fans. More Aggies than normal go to the games against utah and byu. Sometimes with casuals it is the only game on the schedule they show up for.

I'll never understand not wanting to play and beat your rival, but many on here share your view.
I agree on the business side that it’s good to have BYU given the terms make sense. Which they don’t unless it’s home & home.

On the personal side I generally haven’t had good experiences with BYU fans and I don’t wish to be around them. I don’t see that as a healthy rivalry.

For an example of a heathy rivalry- I’m a fan of the Washington Capitals. When we play our rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins. It’s a healthy rivalry because things generally get left on the ice unless someone can find a way to put a “fu** Crosby” on their license plate or something, which is just funny.

But as exemplified by just last year trying to get a guy cancelled for wearing a t-shirt they disapprove of (some of it clearly manufactured to defame him and make BYU out to be the “victim”). BYU seems to constantly take things personally and can’t let things go.

That elevates playful ribbing/roasting to actual personal insults. So that’s why I personally don’t like being around BYU. They are fun suckers.

calaggie

Post by calaggie » May 13th, 2022, 9:25 am

What did the t-shirt say? Who was trying to get him removed? I don’t think I heard about it.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » May 13th, 2022, 9:44 am

AndroidAggie wrote:

Agreed, sure the BYU games were fun and would love to continue the series so long as the terms are home/home. That being said I will support my Aggies against whomever they play. There are 6 home games a year and I relish the opportunity to attend all of them. Certainly the opponent can drive extra excitement for the casual fan, but then they go back to being a casual fan. Just need to keep being a consistent winner and we will continue to grow our fanbase.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 3):
TetonkatestAndroidAggievegasaggie

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » May 13th, 2022, 9:49 am

calaggie wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:25 am
What did the t-shirt say? Who was trying to get him removed? I don’t think I heard about it.
I think he's referring to this.

they tried to get him off of the Make a Wish Foundation. The reason being is that it is apparently out of fashion to make fun of drug addiction, because so many people have had drug issues? At least that was the narrative.

https://kslsports.com/468062/byu-max-ha ... ber-shirt/

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » May 13th, 2022, 9:52 am

The more that USU can develop a rivalry with Boise State and Wyoming, the better.

Those two schools have the most potential to be USU's biggest rivalries, since they are conference rivals.
These users thanked the author Tetonkatest for the post:
AndroidAggie

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » May 13th, 2022, 9:56 am

Tetonkatest wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:52 am
The more that USU can develop a rivalry with Boise State and Wyoming, the better.

Those two schools have the most potential to be USU's biggest rivalries, since they are conference rivals.
This, and I would add Colorado State too. Similar school that are pretty close, and weird stuff happens every game.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
AndroidAggie

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » May 13th, 2022, 10:08 am

May 13th, 2022, 9:04 am
Don't really care if their fans make excuses or say it is a fluke. In fact that is more of the fun.

As far as people not being real USU fans if that game is their priority, well sorry it is better to get as many casual fans in attendance as possible. Unfortunately not everyone will just automatically be at every Aggie game no matter what. The fans that only show up when the program is at a high point, you could argue aren't real fans. The fans who only show up when the weather is good, you could argue aren't real fans. The fans who come for homecoming or only when it is some other promotion game, you could argue aren't real fans.

And as someone who will be a season ticket holder, I'd rather see USU continue to play rivalry games. I'll go to any Aggie game, but there are definitely teams on the schedule I would prefer to see and teams that mean more when we beat.
great points.

my intention isn't to gatekeep what it means to be a fan or be super fan-y and orthodox and say "rawr, they're not real fans!" or to bellyache and moan. nor is it to say "i will NEVER advocate for playing byu ever again!!" if people only want to show up for utah or byu, or homecoming - ok, great. you didn't make this argument, but it's been made before, that "oh USU *NEEDS* byu in order to build their program, sustain fan interest, etc..." and that assertion is what i categorically reject.

my intention is to say "hey, we played byu every year for 40 years and we didn't build a program. we started to build a program when we got a serious athletic director, athletic dept, and coaching and we began to win. i submit this as evidence that byu is useful to us only insofar as they are an interesting opponent. as a result, i'm not worked up about them dropping off the schedule. i wouldn't fight that hard to bring them back, either, but that's because ... well, screw 'em, that's why. but i wouldn't spit in someone's eye for wanting to play them.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 2):
GaryTakeTheWheelAggie formerly in Hawaii

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » May 13th, 2022, 10:10 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:44 am
Agreed, sure the BYU games were fun and would love to continue the series so long as the terms are home/home. That being said I will support my Aggies against whomever they play. There are 6 home games a year and I relish the opportunity to attend all of them. Certainly the opponent can drive extra excitement for the casual fan, but then they go back to being a casual fan. Just need to keep being a consistent winner and we will continue to grow our fanbase.
yeah, i don't blame anyone for getting psyched about playing them. they're a super interesting opponent and it always feels good to beat them. lots of family / cross-cultural interest. i don't blame anyone for that.

SLB

Post by SLB » May 13th, 2022, 10:45 am

I wonder if we are going to do home and home with Oregon State. We scheduled a home and home with Washington State, and the Logan game got COVID canceled.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » May 13th, 2022, 11:18 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 11:33 am
Other than it is a game that generates a lot of interest and is always well attended I have no problem taking a break from the series for a while. Utah did the same thing and now BYU is doing the exact same thing. It was a good game for both teams
very little travel costs, local game, a lot of times on conference weekend etc. This opens up an opportunity to get some home/home agreements with some group of 5 teams.

I would love to do some home/home with the following teams. Memphis, App State, Marshall, UTSA, Louisiana, SMU etc.
I have a son in Plano, TX (next to Dallas). I’ll be at any USU vs SMU game. Even against Louisiana.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 13th, 2022, 12:04 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:

Worst of luck to byu in the BIG-12. I wish your NIL transgressions would earn you the death penalty. Since it won't, disband your program.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
slcaggvegasaggieJSHarvey

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » May 13th, 2022, 1:01 pm

Wyoming
CSU
UNM
AFA

These I care about.

Others in league in descending order:

Reno
San Jose
San Diego
Vegas
Hawaii
Boazy = Fresno

And then there's:

Stench = UNM
Pukes = San Diego

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

sambonethegreat
Has thanked: 0

Post by sambonethegreat » May 13th, 2022, 1:05 pm

USU78 wrote:Wyoming
CSU
UNM
AFA

These I care about.

Others in league in descending order:

Reno
San Jose
San Diego
Vegas
Hawaii
Boazy = Fresno

And then there's:

Stench = UNM
Pukes = San Diego
I would put UNR right up there with the Pokes and the sheep. I love to hate those guys.

UNM historically is a very boring opponent for USU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 13th, 2022, 1:07 pm

Tetonkatest wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:49 am
calaggie wrote:

they tried to get him off of the Make a Wish Foundation. The reason being is that it is apparently out of fashion to make fun of drug addiction, because so many people have had drug issues? At least that was the narrative.

I think making fun of max hall was fair game 7 years ago precisely because max hall made a big deal about how “trashy” Utah fans are. It was USU fans as far as I’m aware that initially used the slogan- 7/8 years ago when it happened. Then like normal people we all moved on.

Certainly dumb of that Ute fan to wear the shirt.

But you’re right then BYU went after make-a-wish and his small business out of pure bitter grapes. I think that is taking things too far.

What is worse is after the guy tried to apologize a bunch of these shirts came up for sale with the guys name on it- suggesting he was selling it. I don’t believe that it is actually him. I think it’s a BYU fan trying to drag his name in the mud further because why would he attach his name to it more after already receiving a negative reaction?

All because they are offended by a t-shirt

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » May 13th, 2022, 1:15 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:

I Like your train of thought ANDROID, and generally agree with and appreciate your post. Your presented some viable insight per the attitude toward the school in Provo. Perhaps their new conference mates will soon enough see through the glitter of a large stadium and broad fan support as the real spoiled, me first and only me attitude of the Y settles in.

My singular disagreement with your comments would be your closing statement.... I WISH THOSE FOLKS AND THAT ATHLETIC PROGRAM NO GOOD LUCK.......EVER!!!!!!!!.. Hate just takes too much energy, I simply despise them.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 2):
AndroidAggieaggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 13th, 2022, 1:16 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 1:07 pm
Tetonkatest wrote:
calaggie wrote:

I think making fun of max hall was fair game 7 years ago precisely because max hall made a big deal about how “trashy” Utah fans are. It was USU fans as far as I’m aware that initially used the slogan- 7/8 years ago when it happened. Then like normal people we all moved on.

But you’re right then BYU went after make-a-wish and his small business out of pure bitter grapes. I think that is taking things too far.

What is worse is after the guy tried to apologize a bunch of these shirts came up for sale with the guys name on it- suggesting he was selling it. I don’t believe that it is actually him. I think it’s a BYU fan trying to drag his name in the mud further because why would he attach his name to it more after already receiving a negative reaction?

I doubt they were really even that offended by it. It's just in their nature to be a$$holes about it. In reality if it had been one of our QBs, one of their fans likely would have created a similar T-shirt.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » May 13th, 2022, 1:23 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 12:04 pm
AndroidAggie wrote:
Worst of luck to byu in the BIG-12. I wish your NIL transgressions would earn you the death penalty. Since it won't, disband your program.
Yeah that is fine with me
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
aggies22

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » May 13th, 2022, 1:47 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 1:15 pm
My singular disagreement with your comments would be your closing statement.... I WISH THOSE FOLKS AND THAT ATHLETIC PROGRAM NO GOOD LUCK.......EVER!!!!!!!!.. Hate just takes too much energy, I simply despise them.
totally fine by me.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22vegasaggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 13th, 2022, 2:43 pm

Tetonkatest wrote:
calaggie wrote:

My coke is caffeine free, too funny

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 13th, 2022, 4:31 pm

ViAggie wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 2:43 pm
Tetonkatest wrote:
calaggie wrote:

But is your coke, coke free?
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
ViAggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 13th, 2022, 4:43 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 4:31 pm
ViAggie wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 2:43 pm
Tetonkatest wrote:
calaggie wrote:

But is your coke, coke free?
Elon has your back Vi!
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
ViAggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 13th, 2022, 4:52 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 1:16 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 1:07 pm
Tetonkatest wrote:
calaggie wrote:

I doubt they were really even that offended by it. It's just in their nature to be a$$holes about it. In reality if it had been one of our QBs, one of their fans likely would have created a similar T-shirt.
The only thing that was offended is their cougar sensibilities.

As I stated being years behind it’s a bit of an eye roll but was funny when we did it years ago.

Max Hall isn’t a victim here. But not for his rant this probably doesn’t come up again. Spencer Hadley didn’t have a rant and when he was caught in donor pockets he only faced slight ribbing. From what I understand Spencer is largely over it

The only time I think we’ve gone further than we should have is a good part of the spectrum sexual harassing Brandon Davies when he was caught with his pants down. Which at the time was much more socially acceptable. It wouldn’t have even registered as an insult to most players.... “ohhhh you had sex- ziiing”... but in retrospect it was not our best moment and isn’t inline with changing values.

And they still can’t get over it. We apologized and didn’t do it again. What more do they want?

SLB

Post by SLB » May 13th, 2022, 7:30 pm

The thing that would make the most sense to link up whatever p5 schools lost their BYU game
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
aggies22

LKGates

Post by LKGates » May 13th, 2022, 9:34 pm

The best thing about this has been that it's motivated me to block every BYU fan I encounter on Twitter. I find that it gives me a zen like peace. Life is too short to be bothered by bung holes.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 5):
USUMAEUSU78StanfordAggieaggies22JSHarvey

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » May 14th, 2022, 1:22 am

LKGates wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:34 pm
The best thing about this has been that it's motivated me to block every BYU fan I encounter on Twitter. I find that it gives me a zen like peace. Life is too short to be bothered by bung holes.
Isn’t your very profession essentially bothering with bung holes?
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 14th, 2022, 7:53 am

Madmartigan wrote:
May 14th, 2022, 1:22 am
LKGates wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:34 pm
Isn’t your very profession essentially bothering with bung holes?
He gets enough of them at work, so he doesn't want to have to bother with them when he's off the clock.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
LKGates

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 14th, 2022, 5:35 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 10:08 am

great points.

my intention isn't to gatekeep what it means to be a fan or be super fan-y and orthodox and say "rawr, they're not real fans!" or to bellyache and moan. nor is it to say "i will NEVER advocate for playing byu ever again!!" if people only want to show up for utah or byu, or homecoming - ok, great. you didn't make this argument, but it's been made before, that "oh USU *NEEDS* byu in order to build their program, sustain fan interest, etc..." and that assertion is what i categorically reject.

my intention is to say "hey, we played byu every year for 40 years and we didn't build a program. we started to build a program when we got a serious athletic director, athletic dept, and coaching and we began to win. i submit this as evidence that byu is useful to us only insofar as they are an interesting opponent. as a result, i'm not worked up about them dropping off the schedule. i wouldn't fight that hard to bring them back, either, but that's because ... well, screw 'em, that's why. but i wouldn't spit in someone's eye for wanting to play them.
Sure we don't need byu or utah. It isn't like not playing Utah has made us worse as a program. I just like playing and beating teams I hate. When it comes to OOC games, I'd rather load it up with rivals if possible. Even for our FCS team I'd rather beat Weber State than Stony Brook.

Hopefully the athletic department will schedule some good ooc games. I could be wrong, but I believe Washington State was supposed to play in Logan in 2020 before that year went haywire. Hope we get them back in.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
JSHarvey

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » May 14th, 2022, 6:59 pm

May 14th, 2022, 5:35 pm
AndroidAggie wrote:

great points.

Sure we don't need byu or utah. It isn't like not playing Utah has made us worse as a program. I just like playing and beating teams I hate. When it comes to OOC games, I'd rather load it up with rivals if possible. Even for our FCS team I'd rather beat Weber State than Stony Brook.

Hopefully the athletic department will schedule some good ooc games. I could be wrong, but I believe Washington State was supposed to play in Logan in 2020 before that year went haywire. Hope we get them back in.
That’s 100% how I feel. I believe our only home OOC game set now for 2023 is Idaho State. And I’m willing to bet we’ll land on either NMSU or another FCS school as our second home game. That really sucks.

I get that getting teams to Logan is really tough. I just hope we can at least get something better than a FCS school or borderline FCS school. Doesn’t need to be a low-level P5. AAC maybe?
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » May 16th, 2022, 1:24 pm

Tennessee just cancelled the return trip to BYU in 2023 so they are now down to 2 OOC games next year. Could not happen to a better program and fanbase.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 8):
USU78ViAggieslcaggaggies22LarryTheAggieFloridaAggie13JSHarveyStanfordAggie

LKGates

Post by LKGates » May 16th, 2022, 1:40 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
May 14th, 2022, 6:59 pm
May 14th, 2022, 5:35 pm
AndroidAggie wrote:

great points.

That’s 100% how I feel. I believe our only home OOC game set now for 2023 is Idaho State. And I’m willing to bet we’ll land on either NMSU or another FCS school as our second home game. That really sucks.

I get that getting teams to Logan is really tough. I just hope we can at least get something better than a FCS school or borderline FCS school. Doesn’t need to be a low-level P5. AAC maybe?
Only one FCS game can be counted toward bowl eligibility, so it will almost certainly not be a second FCS game. There's usually enough movement in schedules within the last two years before an actual game, almost certainly some school will be available. I wouldn't lose sleep over it at this point.

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » May 16th, 2022, 1:43 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
May 16th, 2022, 1:24 pm
Tennessee just cancelled the return trip to BYU in 2023 so they are now down to 2 OOC games next year. Could not happen to a better program and fanbase.
Ha!!! The Volunteers just big-timed the coogs. Serves them right!
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post (total 5):
ViAggieslcaggAngusAgJSHarveyaggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic