We need Logan to be healthy...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » April 11th, 2022, 9:28 am

These users thanked the author GeorgiaAggie for the post (total 3):
USU78aggies22ViAggie

Stockypoo2212

Re: We need Logan to be healthy...

Post by Stockypoo2212 » April 11th, 2022, 9:59 am

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 9:28 am
I think legas and Williams looked good in the scrimmage but I agree... Bonner is the man

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » April 11th, 2022, 10:42 am

Bonner's great, but we're in the best shape at QB than we've probably ever been. This season's success should not hinge on the health of Logan Bonner.

I'm more worried about playing a hurt Bonner over a healthy Legas or Willams than I am Bonner not playing at all.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 3):
ViAggieAggieFBObsessionAggiesForever

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » April 11th, 2022, 10:50 am

Aggie 22 or any other Aggies in the know. I'm sure it's been discussed. But last year Bonner was a punching bag. I can't imagine how well he will do with blocking. Is that been a focus this year with getting some help there? Do we look better?
These users thanked the author aggiesdidwhat for the post:
JSHarvey

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 11th, 2022, 11:15 am

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 10:50 am
Aggie 22 or any other Aggies in the know. I'm sure it's been discussed. But last year Bonner was a punching bag. I can't imagine how well he will do with blocking. Is that been a focus this year with getting some help there? Do we look better?
I am not in the know, but I think a big part of our success this year will be how well the receiving core comes together. Logan was awesome last year, but equally as awesome was the receiving core making some very tough catches that were thrown there way. I am hopeful our WR's can make some of those catches this year, although if Bonner has more time some of those throws should be easier catches as well.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
KevincurtisforlifeJSHarvey

Kevincurtisforlife

Post by Kevincurtisforlife » April 11th, 2022, 11:22 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 11:15 am
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
I am not in the know, but I think a big part of our success this year will be how well the receiving core comes together. Logan was awesome last year, but equally as awesome was the receiving core making some very tough catches that were thrown there way. I am hopeful our WR's can make some of those catches this year, although if Bonner has more time some of those throws should be easier catches as well.
Yep, I think you are right.I love Bonner but part of Thompkin’s magic was he he could catch anything thrown his way as well. All of our the receivers could basically. It was fun to watch. Do we have a timeline of when Logan will be back?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 11th, 2022, 12:06 pm

Kevincurtisforlife wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 11:22 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
Yep, I think you are right.I love Bonner but part of Thompkin’s magic was he he could catch anything thrown his way as well. All of our the receivers could basically. It was fun to watch. Do we have a timeline of when Logan will be back?
Logan should be cleared in time to fully participate in summer workouts.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
ViAggieKevincurtisforlifeAggieFBObsession

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 11th, 2022, 12:07 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
Adding strength has been an offseason focus for Paul Jackson and the strength and conditioning team. The offensive and defensive lines will be the biggest benefactors here.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
NavyBlueAggieJSHarveyAggieFBObsession

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » April 11th, 2022, 1:24 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 12:06 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
I know that we are in good shape at QB and that the receivers made great catches. But to throw 19 touchdowns against the blitz shows his value. Yes, amazing catches were made but the ball had to be thrown with people all over Logan. I'm not sure who else we have that can face that kind of pressure and still be able to throw a catchable ball. Hopefully, we will be able to protect him better, but he is definitely option number one.
These users thanked the author GeorgiaAggie for the post (total 5):
aggies22cdaAgJSHarveyKevincurtisforlifeAggiesForever

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 11th, 2022, 1:57 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 1:25 pm
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 1:24 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
I know that we are in good shape at QB and that the receivers made great catches. But to throw 19 touchdowns against the blitz shows his value. Yes, amazing catches were made but the ball had to be thrown with people all over Logan. I'm not sure who else we have that can face that kind of pressure and still be able to throw a catchable ball. Hopefully, we will be able to protect him better, but he is definitely option number one and I don't think it's particularly close.
Logan is for sure option 1 and was fantastic last year. I do think Cooper has an it factor about him. For him to come into the bowl game with literally getting no 1st/2nd string reps through fall camp or in practice during the season and put together his performance is outstanding. On his first play to change the play call and throw a 75 yard TD is impressive. Throw Levi into the mix who was good at WYO and we have a really solid QB room. It is awesome to see.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieFBObsession

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » April 11th, 2022, 2:48 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
I know that we are in good shape at QB and that the receivers made great catches. But to throw 19 touchdowns against the blitz shows his value. Yes, amazing catches were made but the ball had to be thrown with people all over Logan. I'm not sure who else we have that can face that kind of pressure and still be able to throw a catchable ball. Hopefully, we will be able to protect him better, but he is definitely option number one and I don't think it's particularly close.
Logan is for sure option 1 and was fantastic last year. I do think Cooper has an it factor about him. For him to come into the bowl game with literally getting no 1st/2nd string reps through fall camp or in practice during the season and put together his performance is outstanding. On his first play to change the play call and throw a 75 yard TD is impressive. Throw Levi into the mix who was good at WYO and we have a really solid QB room. It is awesome to see.
I think Tucker has a man crush on Levi’s arm. He went on and on about his arm strength and his ability to make every throw. Levi has NFL potential just like Josh Allen did. No doubt Bonner and Legas have a head start due to system familiarity but I have a feeling that once Levi has command of the system, it will be hard to keep him off the field. I could see Levi becoming primary backup to Bonner and playing when Bonner gets banged up, which is sure to happen, then taking over next year.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
2004AG

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 11th, 2022, 5:30 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 2:48 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
I think Tucker has a man crush on Levi’s arm. He went on and on about his arm strength and his ability to make every throw. Levi has NFL potential just like Josh Allen did. No doubt Bonner and Legas have a head start due to system familiarity but I have a feeling that once Levi has command of the system, it will be hard to keep him off the field. I could see Levi becoming primary backup to Bonner and playing when Bonner gets banged up, which is sure to happen, then taking over next year.
Poor Legas. I'm afraid he's gonna get the shaft.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 11th, 2022, 5:32 pm

I love that we (the fans) are already pontificating about benching a QB coming off a season with the stat line of: 36 Tds/12 Ints and 3,600 yards - almost exactly the season Jordan Love had in 2018 - in favor of a QB who just went: 9 tds/5 Ints and 990 yards.

Gotta love message boards.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 3):
NavyBlueAggieAggieFBObsessionIntermeddler

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 11th, 2022, 7:04 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
The stats from Saturday don't tell the whole story. Coop was REALLY good and made some throws that were outstanding. He's rolling with a lot of confidence right now.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 11th, 2022, 7:05 pm

2004AG wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 5:30 pm
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
Don't be so sure my Aggie brother.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggiesForever

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 11th, 2022, 8:13 pm

aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
Good. I’m all in on Legas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » April 11th, 2022, 8:44 pm

2004AG wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
You seem to have an affinity for Legas, even before he played well in the bowl. Why do you like him so much? I've also think I've seen you rag on people that overrate players based on minimal evidence. I too am bullish on Legas, but we've only seen 3 or so quarters out of him.

Edit: I wrote this before I saw you wrote you're all in on him. I would change "seem" to.. yeah you're all in on him. Carry on.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » April 11th, 2022, 9:24 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:I love that we (the fans) are already pontificating about benching a QB coming off a season with the stat line of: 36 Tds/12 Ints and 3,600 yards - almost exactly the season Jordan Love had in 2018 - in favor of a QB who just went: 9 tds/5 Ints and 990 yards.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that Bonner will be benched in favor of Levi at this point. It is comforting to know that we have two backups that could be starters at a lot of other schools though.

I only watched two full games of Levi’s last year. The one against us and the Poke’s bowl game. He was very impressive in both of those affairs despite playing in one of the most conservative offenses in the conference. You compare Bonner’s’ and Levi’s numbers above but remember Levi really only played in the last half of the season and had only 120 passing attempts. Even splitting time with Peasley, Bonner reached 120 attempts thru only the first 4 games. Bonner had 7 td’s and 5 int’s in his first 120 attempts. Levi will thrive in our system and give Cooper a run but Bonner deserves to be our guy for this year unless he gets injured or plays poorly.

We have a pretty talented freshman (The Bishop) coming in as well. I don’t ever recall having this talented of QB room before.
Last edited by AGGIEinIOWA on April 11th, 2022, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13JSHarveyAggieFBObsession

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 11th, 2022, 9:37 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
2004AG wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
You seem to have an affinity for Legas, even before he played well in the bowl. Why do you like him so much? I've also think I've seen you rag on people that overrate players based on minimal evidence. I too am bullish on Legas, but we've only seen 3 or so quarters out of him.

Edit: I wrote this before I saw you wrote you're all in on him. I would change "seem" to.. yeah you're all in on him. Carry on.
I just have keen eye for talent. It’s a gift.

Just kidding, I watched him play in high school and to do what he did against a PAC12 team in SofI stadium was IMPRESSIVE.

I also think Williams is really good too. So by “screwed” I meant, Legas might get beat out by Williams and never get his chance to be “the man”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
MadmartiganAggiesForever

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 11th, 2022, 9:45 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 8:44 pm
2004AG wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:

To be fair 2004 seems to know quite a bit of northern Utah county guys. Has had some good info about guys we are recruiting in the area etc. He can be our Utah county recruiting expert and Youngbloodaggie can be our Texas recruiting expert. Of course with 22’s approval. 😉
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggiesForever

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 11th, 2022, 9:52 pm

slcagg wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 9:45 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 8:44 pm
2004AG wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:

To be fair 2004 seems to know quite a bit of northern Utah county guys. Has had some good info about guys we are recruiting in the area etc. He can be our Utah county recruiting expert and Youngbloodaggie can be our Texas recruiting expert. Of course with 22’s approval. 😉
No approval from me needed my man! All opinions and info are welcome! The more the better! It's what makes this place AGGIE AWESOME!!

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » May 10th, 2022, 8:55 am

aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:
Thanks Aggies22, any updates from spring are exciting to hear. I hope Bonner has more TD’s than last time.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » May 10th, 2022, 9:55 am

As deep as the Aggies are at QB, i wonder how the receiving corps will be. It is a task task to replace the skill and production of Thompkins, Wright, and Bowling. That was a formidable three-headed monster.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 10th, 2022, 11:09 am

Yossarian wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 9:55 am
As deep as the Aggies are at QB, i wonder how the receiving corps will be. It is a task task to replace the skill and production of Thompkins, Wright, and Bowling. That was a formidable three-headed monster.
Brian Cobbs is going to be really, really good. Justin McGriff has taken a step forward. This years unsung dude is going to be Terrell Vaughn.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
slcaggAggiesForever

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 10th, 2022, 11:29 am

We're going to need Legas and Levi in the 2nd half of each game after we pull Bonner out because we don't' want to RUTS too much. :lol:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » May 10th, 2022, 11:56 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 11:09 am
Yossarian wrote:
Brian Cobbs is going to be really, really good. Justin McGriff has taken a step forward. This years unsung dude is going to be Terrell Vaughn.
And you haven't mentioned Xavier Williams or NyNy Davis. I assume they figure to contribute a well?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 10th, 2022, 12:05 pm

Yossarian wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 11:56 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 11:09 am
Yossarian wrote:
And you haven't mentioned Xavier Williams or NyNy Davis. I assume they figure to contribute a well?
They will. I just think the dudes I mentioned have a shot to be the big three this year.
Yossarian

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » May 10th, 2022, 12:26 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 5:32 pm
I love that we (the fans) are already pontificating about benching a QB coming off a season with the stat line of: 36 Tds/12 Ints and 3,600 yards - almost exactly the season Jordan Love had in 2018 - in favor of a QB who just went: 9 tds/5 Ints and 990 yards.

Too much truth from you here FLORIDA... We must be reading from the same playbook. Out message board confirms why we pay coaches to coach and many of the rest of us just glance at the game like livestock watching traffic.

Jayzep

Post by Jayzep » May 10th, 2022, 1:05 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 12:26 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Too much truth from you here FLORIDA... We must be reading from the same playbook. Out message board confirms why we pay coaches to coach and many of the rest of us just glance at the game like livestock watching traffic.

Speaking of crazy fans (which I am one) I'd to see our #3QB line up in the back field on 3rd and short to pound the defense for short yards, opps did I mean surprise hb pass. evil hahahahaha :lol:
These users thanked the author Jayzep for the post (total 2):
USU78brownjeans

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » May 10th, 2022, 5:31 pm

Logan is one of the healthier cities in the country is it not? Is there a reason to be concerned?
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post (total 4):
cvalaggies22brownjeansFloridaAggie13

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 10th, 2022, 5:46 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 5:31 pm
Logan is one of the healthier cities in the country is it not? Is there a reason to be concerned?
I see what you did there bro.......
AggieFBObsession

bullshot

Post by bullshot » May 11th, 2022, 7:22 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 5:46 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Not during the inversions…during those times it is quite polluted.
These users thanked the author bullshot for the post (total 3):
aggies22JSHarveyAggieFBObsession

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » May 11th, 2022, 9:03 am

bullshot wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 7:22 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 5:46 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Not during the inversions…during those times it is quite polluted.
During inversions, I thought there was just some cold and brain fog that would pass in a few days.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post:
AggieFBObsession

ootek

Post by ootek » May 11th, 2022, 12:23 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:Logan is one of the healthier cities in the country is it not? Is there a reason to be concerned?
I went to Brian Regan in Logan years ago and his brother Dennis opened for him. He talked about how he heard Logan is really safe and then said, “you gotta be careful no matter where you are though. Just this morning, right outside of my hotel, … I attacked two people! They were just walking by, they didn’t deserve it.”
These users thanked the author ootek for the post (total 5):
FloridaAggie13aggies22HootAggieFBObsessionEl Sapo

coolag

Post by coolag » May 11th, 2022, 8:13 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 12:26 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

And every other message board of every team in every country in the world. That's why it's funny when people get so butt hurt by others opinions on "our" message board.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic