What was the most exciting win in the last 10 years? Non-bowl game

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Re: What was the most exciting win in the last 10 years? Non-bowl game

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 13th, 2022, 3:45 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
January 12th, 2022, 1:39 pm
blow a 41-17 lead (even by Gary 1.0 standards, this was atrocious)
And that, along with the afore mentioned standards is why I will argue that he wasn't that great of an in-game adjusting coach the first time around. Some people will say "But he turned the program around, had the best record in USU history and won games and the championship", which he did, but he didn't do it cause of being a great in-game adjuster, He did it IN SPITE of being a poor in-game adjuster cause of how great he was at recruiting, player development and game planning.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 13th, 2022, 4:48 pm

HomeTown wrote:
January 13th, 2022, 9:57 am
Out of the games you listed these would be my top 3:

2014 @ BYU (Beating BYU in Provo for the first time in FOREVER and the way it was won incredible!)
2015 BSU (Turnovers always crank up the excitement level and 6 in the first half against a ranked team was even better!)
2021 SDSU (Unexpected and with a first MW championship on the line. It had everything fourth down stops, turnovers, domination, big 3 TV broadcast, and a trophy!)

Even though I happen to be more of a football fan, I think "The Shot" against SDSU may have been the most exciting Aggie game in the last 10 years, bar none.
This is my top 3 as well. The 2012 win over the Utes was great but for me it was not on par with these games or the meaning behind them.

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » January 13th, 2022, 5:57 pm

trevordude wrote:
January 13th, 2022, 3:40 pm
2012 Utah is the only game I've cried at
2012 Utah was the best sporting event I have ever personally attended! I have never yelled/cheered so much and so loud in my life. Great memory.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » January 13th, 2022, 7:16 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
January 13th, 2022, 3:45 pm
aggieguy13 wrote:
January 12th, 2022, 1:39 pm
blow a 41-17 lead (even by Gary 1.0 standards, this was atrocious)
And that, along with the afore mentioned standards is why I will argue that he wasn't that great of an in-game adjusting coach the first time around. Some people will say "But he turned the program around, had the best record in USU history and won games and the championship", which he did, but he didn't do it cause of being a great in-game adjuster, He did it IN SPITE of being a poor in-game adjuster cause of how great he was at recruiting, player development and game planning.
1- I watch and rewatch that game. 4:36 remaining in regulation, we have a 41-31 lead, and make a first down at midfield. HOW IN THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU LET THAT GAME GO TO OVERTIME!!!

2- Those Chuckie to Kerwin screen passes were money. Even when teams should have known one was coming, they still couldn't stop them.

3- On the last play, the defense knew exactly where the run was coming. You can see them shifting even before the ball is snapped.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » January 13th, 2022, 10:23 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:By the way, who here remembers where I was for the 2012 LaTech win (besides GFA, who remembers everything)?
You were on your way to the game from Huntsville, stopped at a gas station, being the naive young man you were you mistook a hole in the stall stat said “ball washer” as an actual ball washer (AC was out in the MAXDA so you needed it) and got caught up in a Louisiana State Trooper sting because it was actually a glory hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic