Bowers: Georgia

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ChicagoAggie

Bowers: Georgia

Post by ChicagoAggie » December 31st, 2021, 6:16 pm

Is Warren Bowers son. Wanted to play at Utah State. From what I heard Warren presented his son to Gary A and not a sniff.

YoungBloodAggie

Re: Bowers: Georgia

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 31st, 2021, 6:57 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 6:16 pm
Is Warren Bowers son. Wanted to play at Utah State. From what I heard Warren presented his son to Gary A and not a sniff.
Yeah I’m sure Gary Andersen wasn’t interested in a high four-star TE, and that Brock was Logan-bound despite offers from Georgia, Oregon, TAMU, Notre Dame, et. al.

And for what it’s worth, we did offer him.

There is a 0% chance we would have even had an official visit from Brock, let alone a commitment.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 31st, 2021, 7:02 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
Who is Warren Bowers?

sambonethegreat
Has thanked: 0

Post by sambonethegreat » December 31st, 2021, 7:10 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
Who is Warren Bowers?
Former USU center. Played as senior starter for ‘93 team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author sambonethegreat for the post (total 3):
Aggie84025FloridaAggie13aggies22

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » December 31st, 2021, 7:11 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 6:57 pm
ChicagoAggie wrote:
Yeah I’m sure Gary Andersen wasn’t interested in a high four-star TE, and that Brock was Logan-bound despite offers from Georgia, Oregon, TAMU, Notre Dame, et. al.

There is a 0% chance we would have even had an official visit from Brock, let alone a commitment.
My source is one of Bowers really good friends. I trust what he told me. Gary wouldn’t even meet with them.

I should add.. we didn’t offer until we’ll after it was known how good Jr Bowers was.

Take it or leave it. I know who I know and I could care two (I can't express myself without swearing) if you believe me.
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggieFloridaAggie13

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 31st, 2021, 7:44 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 7:11 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

My source is one of Bowers really good friends. I trust what he told me. Gary wouldn’t even meet with them.

I should add.. we didn’t offer until we’ll after it was known how good Jr Bowers was.

Take it or leave it. I know who I know and I could care two (I can't express myself without swearing) if you believe me.
If we had offered him as a fetus he still wouldn’t have come here. Sorry you’re new to how CFB works.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 31st, 2021, 8:33 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
As I've been saying, it's as if he was sabotaging the program on purpose...
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » December 31st, 2021, 9:40 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 7:44 pm
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

If we had offered him as a fetus he still wouldn’t have come here. Sorry you’re new to how CFB works.
You are an Idiot!
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post:
Hoot

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 31st, 2021, 10:15 pm

The crux of the problem is that GA wouldn't even meet with the kid. Perhaps GA knew he had no shot at him and didn't want to waste a visit, plane ticket and wanted to allocate finite resources in a different direction.

My opinion is you at least meet with him because of his father's ties to the program. USU has produced plenty of NFL players over the last decade and perhaps the kid would want to follow his dad to USU. Bowers was first team All-Conference on the '93 Las Vegas Bowl team if I recall correctly.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
AggiesForeveraggies22

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 31st, 2021, 10:44 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 9:40 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

You are an Idiot!
I am BEGGING you to find me:

- The last four-star player to sign with Utah State
- The last player to sign with Utah State that had offers from ND, Georgia, and USC
- The last player ranked in the top five in his position group to sign with Utah State.

We are who we are. A developmental program that relies on consistency, excellent scouting, and a healthy transfer/JUCO presence to succeed. Nothing wrong with it. Brock would not have come here, regardless of who his daddy is.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
AggiesForever

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » December 31st, 2021, 11:57 pm

I played with Warren at USU, we were both offensive linemen. He was able to play on the 93 team because he was granted a 6th year as a result of a knee injury. I started following Georgia when I moved out here 16 years ago and was excited when Brock committed to Georgia. He is a freak of an athlete. I know that Warren and his wife love USU but if my son had Brock’s talent, I would not begrudge him the least for committing to one of the elite teams in the country over my beloved Aggies. Brock is arguably the best TE in the country. I will always admire and appreciate what GA did the first time around but as far as GA 2.0, what a train wreck. Even if you think you have no change, you always meet with a legacy kid. By the way, Brock’s mom is in USU’s hall of fame for softball. He has strong genes…lol. With the offers he had, he was never going to come to USU but I do remember he mentioned on Twitter his excitement about being offered by his dad’s school. He comes from a strong Aggie family and the fact he committed to UGA will never change that.
These users thanked the author GeorgiaAggie for the post (total 7):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiAngusAgFloridaAggie13USU78AggiesForeverReckoneraggies22

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » January 1st, 2022, 2:45 am

Speaking of the '93 team, there is a story of another big school/NFL great who sort of had eyes on USU, and had a connection with the '93 USU team. Donald Toomer was a DB at USU from '91 to '94. According to Donald, his younger brother Amani wanted to come play with his big brother at USU, but was attracting all sorts of interest from bigger schools, so the USU coaching staff wouldn't even extend an official visit offer, much less a scholarship. According to the story, Amani did visit USU on an unofficial visit. Amani ended up taking the scholarship offer from Michigan and after a record setting career there, spent many years as a top NFL receiver for the NY Giants. Also, supposedly when USU played at Ohio in 1994 (a thrilling 5-0 win for USU in heavy rains), Amani Toomer brought a lot of his Michigan teammates (as they were off that weekend), down to cheer on Donald and USU.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post (total 4):
FloridaAggie13USU78aggies22troutputz

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » January 1st, 2022, 8:18 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 10:44 pm
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

You are an Idiot!

- The last player to sign with Utah State that had offers from ND, Georgia, and USC
- The last player ranked in the top five in his position group to sign with Utah State.

We are who we are. A developmental program that relies on consistency, excellent scouting, and a healthy transfer/JUCO presence to succeed. Nothing wrong with it. Brock would not have come here, regardless of who his daddy is.
BrIan Soi was a 4* recruit that played at USU during the Brent Guy era. He had offers from Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee, USC, and BYU. He was the 11th rated DT in the country in his class.

He ended up at USU through a series of events, but could only play one season for academic reasons. It certainly wasn't the norm, but in that case due to extenuating circumstances, USU ended up with a blue ribbon recruit for a year.

https://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Soi- ... ep-79174/
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post (total 3):
AggiesForeveraggies22troutputz

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » January 1st, 2022, 8:39 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

It’s changed too in favor of the big guys with NIL money.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 1st, 2022, 8:49 am

Madmartigan wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 8:39 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

Nothing has changed except now we know a little bit more about how much these guys are getting paid.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 1st, 2022, 11:09 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

Nothing has changed except now we know a little bit more about how much these guys are getting paid.
“Nothing” has changed ?

Haha ok sure.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 1st, 2022, 12:09 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 11:09 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

“Nothing” has changed ?

Haha ok sure.

Did each school get more scholarships and roster spots and I missed the memo? If anything, the field has tilted ever so slightly towards smaller programs. Ask Jackson State.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » January 1st, 2022, 1:21 pm

Idk if he would have came here. Probably not, but you have to shoot your shot.

But one thing is for sure is that GA was completely neglectful of the program.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 1st, 2022, 1:57 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 11:09 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

“Nothing” has changed ?

Haha ok sure.

Did each school get more scholarships and roster spots and I missed the memo? If anything, the field has tilted ever so slightly towards smaller programs. Ask Jackson State.
The Built Bar thing at byu hasn’t changed anything? The deal Texas has with their offensive linemen hasn’t changed anything ?

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
utaggies

coolag

Post by coolag » January 1st, 2022, 5:07 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 1:21 pm

The Ute gonna Ute.

Regulator of Class

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » January 1st, 2022, 5:10 pm

coolag wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 5:07 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

The Ute gonna Ute.
Exactly. :cheers:

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » January 1st, 2022, 5:13 pm

Transfer portal and NIL will be looked at as two of the biggest impacts on college football in its history

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
aggies22

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 1st, 2022, 7:35 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 5:10 pm
coolag wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

The Ute gonna Ute.
I see we have gone beyond the bounds of logic when thinking about Gary Andersen now. Apparently he is a Ute loyalist that was always set on destroying the program. Got it.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 1st, 2022, 7:45 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 1:57 pm
The Built Bar thing at byu hasn’t changed anything? The deal Texas has with their offensive linemen hasn’t changed anything?

UT currently has the fifth best recruiting class in the nation. Ignoring a transition year in the 2021 class, their class rankings have been:

2020: 8th
2019: 3rd
2018: 3rd
2017: 25th (another transition year)
2016: 7th
2015: 10th
2014: 17th (another transition year)

So I think it's safe to say that so far it's business as usual.

BYU has averaged a class ranking of 70th (high: 49 and low: 84) in that same time frame. Their '22 class is ranked 55th, and that includes the advantage they've gotten from two straight ten-win seasons and the news that they are headed to the Big XII.

Guess which conference has the most teams in the top ten of the rankings this year. Yup, the same one that's had the best average ranking every year in recent memory.

There are 105 roster spots and 85 scholarship spots for every FBS team this year and every year. If that number changes I will start to worry, but until then the simple fact of the matter is that the VAST majority of college players need to play to get famous enough to earn almost anything on an NIL deal and get tape for the NFL. Beyond that, these guys are competitive and want to play.

There is no empirical evidence to suggest that NIL is doing anything that wasn't already being done when it comes to recruiting.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 1st, 2022, 7:56 pm

NowhereLandAggie wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 8:18 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 10:44 pm
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:

You are an Idiot!

BrIan Soi was a 4* recruit that played at USU during the Brent Guy era. He had offers from Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee, USC, and BYU. He was the 11th rated DT in the country in his class.

He ended up at USU through a series of events, but could only play one season for academic reasons. It certainly wasn't the norm, but in that case due to extenuating circumstances, USU ended up with a blue ribbon recruit for a year.

https://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Soi- ... ep-79174/
The ole' days of prop 48.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
NowhereLandAggie

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 1st, 2022, 8:03 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
The Built Bar thing at byu hasn’t changed anything? The deal Texas has with their offensive linemen hasn’t changed anything?

UT currently has the fifth best recruiting class in the nation. Ignoring a transition year in the 2021 class, their class rankings have been:

BYU has averaged a class ranking of 70th (high: 49 and low: 84) in that same time frame. Their '22 class is ranked 55th, and that includes the advantage they've gotten from two straight ten-win seasons and the news that they are headed to the Big XII.

Guess which conference has the most teams in the top ten of the rankings this year. Yup, the same one that's had the best average ranking every year in recent memory.

There are 105 roster spots and 85 scholarship spots for every FBS team this year and every year. If that number changes I will start to worry, but until then the simple fact of the matter is that the VAST majority of college players need to play to get famous enough to earn almost anything on an NIL deal and get tape for the NFL. Beyond that, these guys are competitive and want to play.

There is no empirical evidence to suggest that NIL is doing anything that wasn't already being done when it comes to recruiting.
I wasn’t talking just recruiting rankings but if you can’t see how just paying players isn’t changing college football, I can’t help you.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » January 1st, 2022, 8:31 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 7:35 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
coolag wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

The Ute gonna Ute.
I see we have gone beyond the bounds of logic when thinking about Gary Andersen now. Apparently he is a Ute loyalist that was always set on destroying the program. Got it.
No, he just never had any loyalty or intrinsic motivation to overcome any personal biases (Ute) or bad habits. Once the glamour of being a head coach had worn off, he certainly wasn't motivated by anything else. The big $$$ is not enough to motivate an irresponsible individual otherwise.

coolag

Post by coolag » January 2nd, 2022, 6:39 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
January 1st, 2022, 7:35 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
coolag wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

The Ute gonna Ute.
Sorry this hurts your feel feels Keegan.

Regulator of Class

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 2nd, 2022, 9:45 am

ChicagoAggie wrote:
I'm pretty sure Matt Wells offered him as a sophomore or junior. We may have even been his first offer.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
USU78FloridaAggie13

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 2nd, 2022, 10:29 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 2nd, 2022, 9:45 am
ChicagoAggie wrote:
I'm pretty sure Matt Wells offered him as a sophomore or junior. We may have even been his first offer.
Yeah he was offered by USU:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... ers-242044

Hard to compete with that list though even if he is a legacy.

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » January 2nd, 2022, 4:30 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

Disagree.

Roster slots 85 to 105 of the top programs will be filled by NIL players that before took scholarships from programs like USU.

Top G5 players will be NIL recruited away by the programs with the money.

NIL will be a HUGE negative for us!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author USUaggie for the post:
aggies22

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » January 2nd, 2022, 4:57 pm

USUaggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2022, 4:30 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

Disagree.

Roster slots 85 to 105 of the top programs will be filled by NIL players that before took scholarships from programs like USU.

You keep an eye out and let me know when this starts to happen to us.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » January 2nd, 2022, 5:06 pm

USUaggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

Disagree.

If I'm a top G5 talent, I'm not taking a NIL deal to sit on the bench, that's not the goal. The ones that do take it, were already going to to go to the other school as PWO over a G5 cuz they think it's s better brand. But just like P5 transfer guys today that drop down to play, the NIL guys will figure out soon that the money isn't worth not playing. I don't think long term there will be the impact you think.

Go Aggies!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 2nd, 2022, 5:45 pm

USUaggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

Disagree.

It's going to be difficult to monetize your name, image and likeness as a back-up who only sees 10-15 snaps each game.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » January 2nd, 2022, 6:37 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
January 2nd, 2022, 5:06 pm
USUaggie wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:

Disagree.

If I'm a top G5 talent, I'm not taking a NIL deal to sit on the bench, that's not the goal. The ones that do take it, were already going to to go to the other school as PWO over a G5 cuz they think it's s better brand. But just like P5 transfer guys today that drop down to play, the NIL guys will figure out soon that the money isn't worth not playing. I don't think long term there will be the impact you think.
Yeah but an NIL deal for the bench??? How would one get an NIL deal riding the pine? I just don’t see the NIL deals going beyond prominent skill positions. What am I missing?

#hornsup!

Locked Previous topicNext topic