Taking the lows of losing with the highs of winning

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Taking the lows of losing with the highs of winning

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 23rd, 2021, 8:45 am

I know some people will talk about trying to forget about losing when we were bad, but I for one like to remember it to be all the more excited about us winning. I did hear one sports coach that took a break from coaching, and talked about how while he was out of coaching, he even missed the lows of losing. And even as a fan, I at least like to think about the lows of losing WITH the highs of winning.

As frustrating as it was to lose to BYU in football my first four trips to Provo(albeit frustrating in different ways the four times), I liked to remember them to get all the more excited when a trip there finally did end in a win, and a second one did as well! And I for one liked to remember how the Akron Potato Bowl felt(and I did travel to that one) to all the more enjoy the LA Bowl win. You just don't get excited about us winning WITHOUT remembering how the lows of losing felt.

Some people did have a case for wanting to forget the BYU losses when they didn't have the foresight to go in 2014 when we won, and especially if they lacked the foresight the second time around in 2018. And it can be frustrating for those that didn't have the foresight to travel to LA after going to Frisco for Kent State or Tucson for New Mexico State.

Even though I didn't have the foresight to travel to Washington State, I liked to look it all our near missed in money games to be all the more excited about us finally breaking through, as well as our near misses in conference championships before we unexpectedly got it this year.

Some people could make a case that even when we are down, you would at least like the kids to show up and play every game scheduled or at least only lose to BYU when they are playing quarterbacks that signed with them out of high school.

In basketball, while Duryea did underperform and had to be let go(and how he was hired has been beaten to death ad nauseum), it didn't seem like, in the grand scheme of things, we ever got THAT low in basketball. And we can never get that high in basketball, never being able to win the tournament games when we are up.

I for one would be willing to, like the trade we pretty much made in football, trade being worse and lower when we are down in basketball, for being better and higher when we are good.