Hawaii Bowl

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie702

Hawaii Bowl

Post by Aggie702 » December 2nd, 2021, 4:29 pm

Cross it off the list if we don't win the MWC champ game. Some had projected us to go there, but ESPN has added an extra bowl game in Texas, and Hawaii will play Memphis in the Hawaii bowl.

ViAggie

Re: Hawaii Bowl

Post by ViAggie » December 2nd, 2021, 4:53 pm

I noticed some where commenting that the because Hawaii lost 7 games they were bowl ineligible, and I was half way thinking they were joking. You only have to win 6 games to become bowl eligible, doesn't matter how many you lose. The Hawaii rule is in full affect here!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 2nd, 2021, 4:57 pm

This is ridiculous. What an a$$ kissing of Hawaii

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » December 2nd, 2021, 5:02 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 4:57 pm
Think of the big picture - one more MWC bowl eligible team means more $ for the conference. Also ensures Wyoming will play in a bowl game (there was a small chance they could be the last team standing without a bowl game), so also more $.
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post:
gomretat

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 2nd, 2021, 5:30 pm

Good point 702, plus events on the rock are generally so inconsequential for most of the collegiate athletic breaking news events on the mainland. Money,,,,,bring it,,, love it...money is the game these days.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 2nd, 2021, 6:10 pm

And now Hawaii has no starting QB because he hit the transfer portal today.

SLB

Post by SLB » December 2nd, 2021, 6:23 pm

MWC gets more money which is a win for us.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 2nd, 2021, 11:41 pm

I think it is kind of silly. HAW has a freaking losing record. If you have a losing record you don't deserve a bowl game period. On top of that to get those 6 wins they had to schedule NMSU 2 times. Sure it is more money for the conference especially since there are no travel expenses, but this is just ridiculous.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 3rd, 2021, 4:42 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 11:41 pm
I think it is kind of silly. HAW has a freaking losing record. If you have a losing record you don't deserve a bowl game period. On top of that to get those 6 wins they had to schedule NMSU 2 times. Sure it is more money for the conference especially since there are no travel expenses, but this is just ridiculous.
I think the purpose was not to give Hawaii a bowl game, but to ensure that the 83rd bowl-eligible team was awarded a bowl game in a season where there had been an initial allotment of 84 total bowl spots until one game was cancelled.

Hawaii is merely the beneficiary of this (not benefactor, lest we incur the wrath of @OKAggie ) given that they are the first non-eligible team in the queue to be given a bowl spot.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
Aggie84025

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 3rd, 2021, 8:31 am

I’m just happy not to have the Hawaii bowl. Hawaii is the hardest bowl for fans to get to. It’s expensive and during one of the busier times for travel in Hawaii.

Although I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii, I’ve heard the island that UH is on isn’t the island I want to be on anyway.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » December 3rd, 2021, 9:03 am

Aggie702 wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 5:02 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Think of the big picture - one more MWC bowl eligible team means more $ for the conference. Also ensures Wyoming will play in a bowl game (there was a small chance they could be the last team standing without a bowl game), so also more $.
Indeed. And now we have no chance of playing in Hawaii which I think is a good thing.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 3rd, 2021, 9:22 am

It's stupid that there are enough bowls for 65% of teams to get one.

But whatever.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
AggiePT

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 3rd, 2021, 10:53 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 8:31 am
I’m just happy not to have the Hawaii bowl. Hawaii is the hardest bowl for fans to get to. It’s expensive and during one of the busier times for travel in Hawaii.

Although I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii, I’ve heard the island that UH is on isn’t the island I want to be on anyway.
Oahu is highly underrated IMHO. I've been to Kawaii, The Big Island and Oahu (never been to Maui which might change my mind on what I'm about to say) and Oahu is the best of the 3 at least. The BI is interesting, Kona has the same weather as So-Cal, so it's not really a treat for me, snorkeling is good though, Hilo reminds me of Portland (well, the weather), and the rest of the Island is meh, okay. Kawaii is beautiful but it's a freekin rain forest. For me Oahu has the all around Hawaii experience and you have the added benefit of having a large city nearby. The leeward side of the island is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and the north side of the Island (where ybu Hawaii is located) is also very beautiful. Treat yourself some time, you wont regret it. Just remember that everyone there is on Hawaii time and you'll never be disappointed. If you need hustle and bustle, I'd avoid the place.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 3rd, 2021, 10:58 am

I love Oahu. Hit up the north shore and leeward side of the island. I love staying on mainland time and hitting the beach early.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 3rd, 2021, 12:48 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 10:53 am
Imakeitrain wrote:

Oahu is highly underrated IMHO. I've been to Kawaii, The Big Island and Oahu (never been to Maui which might change my mind on what I'm about to say) and Oahu is the best of the 3 at least. The BI is interesting, Kona has the same weather as So-Cal, so it's not really a treat for me, snorkeling is good though, Hilo reminds me of Portland (well, the weather), and the rest of the Island is meh, okay. Kawaii is beautiful but it's a freekin rain forest. For me Oahu has the all around Hawaii experience and you have the added benefit of having a large city nearby. The leeward side of the island is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and the north side of the Island (where ybu Hawaii is located) is also very beautiful. Treat yourself some time, you wont regret it. Just remember that everyone there is on Hawaii time and you'll never be disappointed. If you need hustle and bustle, I'd avoid the place.
Maui is the worst. Please everyone...avoid it at all costs. Just never, ever go. :)
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
ViAggie

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 3rd, 2021, 1:09 pm

GeoAg wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 12:48 pm
ViAggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Maui is the worst. Please everyone...avoid it at all costs. Just never, ever go. :)
I hear Maui is great for sight seeing and honeymooners but that's about it. Well, that's what I've been told anyway. I'll get there someday.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 3rd, 2021, 1:18 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 1:09 pm
GeoAg wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 12:48 pm
ViAggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

I hear Maui is great for sight seeing and honeymooners but that's about it. Well, that's what I've been told anyway. I'll get there someday.
No don't. You are right. It is just for old people or people who really hate good food, great snorkeling, etc.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

dogie

Post by dogie » December 3rd, 2021, 2:02 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 5:02 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
That’s right. It also means that the seven remaining bowl-eligible teams in the MWC will fill the five other tie-in bowls, with two teams left over.

Those other two will go to other bowl games outside of the MWC realm. Some of them could be fairly attractive and, if USU loses on Saturday, I think there is a real chance that the Aggies might be one of those two teams.

I’m suggest watching the possibility of the Aggies playing a Big Ten opponent in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix on December 28 (formerly Cactus/Cheez-it) with a payout of $1.625M. It’s my understanding that’s it’s a higher payout and higher profile than Jimmy Kimmel’s game in LA.

Locked Previous topicNext topic