Greedy fan or Grateful fan?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Golden Toaster
Has thanked: 0

Greedy fan or Grateful fan?

Post by Golden Toaster » November 26th, 2021, 8:41 pm

For my first ever post, I will propose two approaches to fanship in preparation for this coming championship game.

Greedy fan:
USU fully belongs in this game , and could realistically beat SDSU 4 or 5 out of 10 times. They will play in perfect weather near sea level which will give us a little extra gas. Our QB play is surely more stable, and according to FS1 announcers, we apparently just picked apart the best dang defensive coordinator that ever lived, Rocky Long. So let’s travel to that soccer stadium and show that our Bonner can last more than 4 hours.

Grateful Fan:
This thanksgiving season, we are just happy to be here. No Gary, no Jason Shelley, and no dysfunction. We get an extra bowl game in warm weather , and a chance for our California alum and fans to enjoy that great weather. We’ve proved everyone wrong, and we have nothing left to prove. We already have a spot for that division trophy , and thompkins is etched into Aggie lore. All is well in Bridgerland.

I’m feeling Greedy.
These users thanked the author Golden Toaster for the post (total 2):
USU78GreenAg

Elkaggie

Re: Greedy fan or Grateful fan?

Post by Elkaggie » November 26th, 2021, 9:45 pm

I’m feeling realistic.

They are way better than us especially where it counts in the trenches. They also defend the pass really well and don’t give up explosives (unlike New Mexico). We really don’t have any consistency on offense other than a bomb here or there. That won’t happen against their D. Plus, they have seem to found the QB they have been missing all year than can throw it and is mobile and one of the better rushing attacks on our schedule. Gonna be near impossible to win.

Hope I am dead wrong!
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » November 26th, 2021, 9:49 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 9:45 pm
I’m feeling realistic.

They are way better than us especially where it counts in the trenches. They also defend the pass really well and don’t give up explosives (unlike New Mexico). We really don’t have any consistency on offense other than a bomb here or there. That won’t happen against their D. Plus, they have seem to found the QB they have been missing all year than can throw it and is mobile and one of the better rushing attacks on our schedule. Gonna be near impossible to win.

Hope I am dead wrong!
Nicely put Elk. I'm grateful for the season. But I don't E it's getting past SDSU. If we do... Boom!

bull

Post by bull » November 26th, 2021, 11:22 pm

If we stick to what got us here and execute the game plan…… we still lose. The coaches really need to find some change ups the Asstechs are not expecting and dig up a few of the effective plays we used at the beginning of the season. Noa needs to take a good majority of the handoffs for this one and the o-line will need to have their best game of the year. I was in San Diego the last time we beat them, let’s make it a habit!!

pdyebrasil

Post by pdyebrasil » November 26th, 2021, 11:33 pm

I think you are all forgetting that we are undefeated on the road this year. We play our best away from home!

That said, this is a VERY tall order.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » November 26th, 2021, 11:44 pm

You say we could realistically beat them 4-5 times out of 10. I think it is more like 2-2.5.

But I’m saying there is a chance.
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post:
BLUERUFiO

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » November 27th, 2021, 7:52 am

::
Elkaggie wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 9:45 pm
I’m feeling realistic.

Hope I am dead wrong!
They’ve had the qb all year and he was benched in October. He played lights out against Boise, but before that game was the third stringer. The guy you might be referring to was benched in the most important game of the year. So who knows.
SDSU has played really well but has had some clunkers (which they still won). Anything could happen in this game. I’m just glad the Ags are there and have a chance!

gomretat

Post by gomretat » November 27th, 2021, 8:11 am

Grateful for a great season and I think SDSU is easily the best team we have played this year. I give us very low odds but glad to be there. Hoping we dont get blown out.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 27th, 2021, 8:20 am

I’m a grateful fan. We are one of just a few teams playing next weekend. We won 9 games, got a P5 win against a bowl team, avenged AFA losses, and won a division title.

Next week is gravy. We could lose 52-0 and I’d still feel this season was a resounding success.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 27th, 2021, 8:28 am

I am grateful fan, to be playing on championship Saturday in December is completely awesome. I hope the team is well prepared and competes well next week. No matter what happens it has been very successful.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » November 27th, 2021, 8:38 am

Another way to put it, Are you Hungry for more? I for one, well I’m starving! This team is starving and Every Dang time I stop believing they show how hungry they are and show me I’m wrong. I’m not going to make that mistake this time. Put me solidly on the believing side baby! Go Get Em boys! Do your thing and Send those Aztecs packing!

#hornsup!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 27th, 2021, 8:49 am

I for one will just be grateful we got this far and won't complain when we get worked next week.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 27th, 2021, 4:25 pm

I saw that our coaches are addressing issues with the play calls on offense and defense. I can also see the development and improvement in our players both in their physical play and their understanding of the schemes. This team is much improved since the start of the season. If we lose, I'm grateful, but I think we're peaking just at the right time. The same could be true of SDSU, but let's play the game and see. Beating Boise jinxed us big time a few years back, let's hope that same BSU mojo works against SDSU.

Win Out!
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
AussieAggieDad

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » November 27th, 2021, 4:31 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 4:25 pm
I saw that our coaches are addressing issues with the play calls on offense and defense. I can also see the development and improvement in our players both in their physical play and their understanding of the schemes. This team is much improved since the start of the season. If we lose, I'm grateful, but I think we're peaking just at the right time. The same could be true of SDSU, but let's play the game and see. Beating Boise jinxed us big time a few years back, let's hope that same BSU mojo works against SDSU.

Win Out!
I think that this has the potential to be a letdown game for SDSU, no question about it.
We certainly can't let ourselves get behind two scores though, because if that dline can pin its ears back and come after our QB, we are in trouble.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
El Sapo

spud

Post by spud » November 27th, 2021, 6:02 pm

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in dog that counts!!!!!!

bigbluebaby

Post by bigbluebaby » November 27th, 2021, 6:44 pm

SDSU has really good O and D lines , they always do. That is why they are such a tough matchup for us or anyone else for that matter.
But we have a punchers chance (big plays) I am betting we are 9 point dogs.

"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 27th, 2021, 7:35 pm

Golden Toaster wrote:For my first ever post, I will propose two approaches to fanship in preparation for this coming championship game.

Greedy fan:
USU fully belongs in this game , and could realistically beat SDSU 4 or 5 out of 10 times. They will play in perfect weather near sea level which will give us a little extra gas. Our QB play is surely more stable, and according to FS1 announcers, we apparently just picked apart the best dang defensive coordinator that ever lived, Rocky Long. So let’s travel to that soccer stadium and show that our Bonner can last more than 4 hours.

Grateful Fan:
This thanksgiving season, we are just happy to be here. No Gary, no Jason Shelley, and no dysfunction. We get an extra bowl game in warm weather , and a chance for our California alum and fans to enjoy that great weather. We’ve proved everyone wrong, and we have nothing left to prove. We already have a spot for that division trophy , and thompkins is etched into Aggie lore. All is well in Bridgerland.

I’m feeling Greedy.
Pipe down noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Golden Toaster
Has thanked: 0

Post by Golden Toaster » November 27th, 2021, 10:07 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 7:35 pm
Golden Toaster wrote:For my first ever post, I will propose two approaches to fanship in preparation for this coming championship game.

Greedy fan:

Grateful Fan:

I’m feeling Greedy.
Pipe down noob

Thanks for the warm welcome…. I won’t apologize for believing that the Aggies could win , nor apologize for bringing up two potential points of view

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 27th, 2021, 11:10 pm

Golden Toaster wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 10:07 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 7:35 pm

Greedy fan:

Grateful Fan:

I’m feeling Greedy.
Pipe down noob

Thanks for the warm welcome…. I won’t apologize for believing that the Aggies could win , nor apologize for bringing up two potential points of view
Relax my man. He's the resident jokester. My Aggie brother means you no harm.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » November 27th, 2021, 11:59 pm

Any team that needs a bunch of OTs against San Joe and officiating assistance against UNLV is certainly beatable. We have a few pieces of kryptonite in our arsenal as well.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » November 28th, 2021, 12:02 am

Also, if we want to be a legitimate football program, we as fans need to start acting like it and expecting to win instead of rolling over and expecting to lose.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
BustaMcNutt

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 28th, 2021, 9:19 am

Ahbye wrote:Also, if we want to be a legitimate football program, we as fans need to start acting like it and expecting to win instead of rolling over and expecting to lose.
Big talk from someone who sneaks into games without a ticket.

Hail Aggies!

sneed

Post by sneed » November 28th, 2021, 9:28 am

I’m surprised we are only 4 point dogs. ESPN gives us about a 25% chance. Seems about right. I’m very happy with the season and will be there and be loud. This team deserves it.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 28th, 2021, 9:57 am

Ahbye wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 12:02 am
Also, if we want to be a legitimate football program, we as fans need to start acting like it and expecting to win instead of rolling over and expecting to lose.
Does fan belief about whether we are going to win or not have any bearing on whether or not we are a legitimate football program?

We’ve lost many I thought we’d win and won many I thought we’d lose.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Elkaggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic