Kind of feel bad for SDSU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

Kind of feel bad for SDSU

Post by ViAggie » October 26th, 2021, 4:14 pm

SDSU temporarily plays their home games in a stadium located two hrs north in Carson, Ca (LA County) and apparently they have a hard time getting fans in the stands. For the Boise game they are offering $15 tickets. SDSU is 7-0 and playing Boise, any other school in this country would be looking at a likely sell out, but instead the Asstechs are having to beg for fans to show up. Damn! They can’t get that new stadium built quick enough!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AggieFBObsession

Re: Kind of feel bad for SDSU

Post by AggieFBObsession » October 26th, 2021, 4:17 pm

The first time in a long time that they'll beat BSU.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » October 26th, 2021, 4:22 pm

I never feel bad for SDSU as a rule
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post (total 11):
AggieFBObsessionaggies22LoveMyAggiesMWCFAN12aggieguy13flying_scotsman2.0thegreendalegelf3rdGenAggieStanfordAggieBlueUSU1 and one more user

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 26th, 2021, 4:57 pm

Their attendance never looked that good in San Diego either.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 26th, 2021, 4:59 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 4:22 pm
That's what I'm talking about bro!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
LoveMyAggiesMWCFAN12

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » October 26th, 2021, 5:03 pm

Having a new stadium by campus will definitely change that for them. They have one of the more passionate fan bases in the conference

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 26th, 2021, 5:26 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 5:03 pm
Having a new stadium by campus will definitely change that for them. They have one of the more passionate fan bases in the conference
For hoops maybe.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionFloridaAggie13

utaggies

Post by utaggies » October 26th, 2021, 5:32 pm

ViAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 4:14 pm
SDSU temporarily plays their home games in a stadium located two hrs north in Carson, Ca (LA County) and apparently they have a hard time getting fans in the stands. For the Boise game they are offering $15 tickets. SDSU is 7-0 and playing Boise, any other school in this country would be looking at a likely sell out, but instead the Asstechs are having to beg for fans to show up. Damn! They can’t get that new stadium built quick enough!
My heart is absolutely broken for them.
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionflying_scotsman2.0

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » October 26th, 2021, 5:33 pm

SDSU can pound sand.

worst fan list

1. BYU
2a. BSU
2b. SDSU
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
FloridaAggie13

ususports

Post by ususports » October 26th, 2021, 6:06 pm

ViAggie wrote:
For the Boise game they are offering $15 tickets.
You are wrong. It has been well documented that USU has the best ticket prices in all of D1 college football, so they have to be charging more than that. According to our fans, there is not a single other team in the country that doesn’t sellout of every home football game, so there would be no reason for them to drop the price to $15 tickets. I realize they have to deal with the frequent freezing cold weather in Southern California, but still. It sounds like SDSU fans are a bunch of tight wads who don’t deserve to have a D1 team.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 2):
brownjeanstrevordude

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 26th, 2021, 6:12 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:SDSU can pound sand.

worst fan list

1. BYU
2a. BSU
2b. SDSU
If you read Twitter at all SDSU is probably at the top of that list. The Show is an absolutely horrible student organization.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 3):
thegreendalegelftrevordude3rdGenAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 26th, 2021, 6:15 pm

ususports wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 6:06 pm
ViAggie wrote:
You are wrong. It has been well documented that USU has the best ticket prices in all of D1 college football, so they have to be charging more than that. According to our fans, there is not a single other team in the country that doesn’t sellout of every home football game, so there would be no reason for them to drop the price to $15 tickets. I realize they have to deal with the frequent freezing cold weather in Southern California, but still. It sounds like SDSU fans are a bunch of tight wads who don’t deserve to have a D1 team.
I realize that’s SARC but we’re actually having similar weather to Logan right now… well that is if you add 30 degrees to the high… 😂

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » October 26th, 2021, 8:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 5:26 pm
SwaggieAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 5:03 pm
For hoops maybe.
They did have more fans show up than any other MWC school at the 2019-2020 tournament.

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » October 28th, 2021, 11:11 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 4:22 pm
This will always be the proper sentiment

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

Full

Post by Full » October 28th, 2021, 12:16 pm

ususports wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
Never fear, your narrative isn’t being tested by a team that is playing almost a 2 hour drive away from their university. You can still find cheaper tickets to Saturdays game in Logan than San Diego’s game in Carson. https://www.vividseats.com/utah-state-a ... on/3582109

Tickets are cheap compared to most teams in the conference. I don’t care that 20,000 in the stands on Saturday is more people than most of the PAC-12 have in the stands when they claim 35,000 attendance. I agree with you it’s better to have all the seats sold rather than empty chairs watching the game, but don’t overlook the Lobos who have the cheapest tickets and the most empty seats. Maybe USU is pricing their tickets better than you think they should. The attendance is better than it was when I spent more on season tickets than someone could buying tickets with coupons off a Lee’s bag and sitting in the seats next to me.

ususports

Post by ususports » October 28th, 2021, 1:54 pm

Full wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 12:16 pm
ususports wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
Never fear, your narrative isn’t being tested by a team that is playing almost a 2 hour drive away from their university. You can still find cheaper tickets to Saturdays game in Logan than San Diego’s game in Carson. https://www.vividseats.com/utah-state-a ... on/3582109

Tickets are cheap compared to most teams in the conference. I don’t care that 20,000 in the stands on Saturday is more people than most of the PAC-12 have in the stands when they claim 35,000 attendance. I agree with you it’s better to have all the seats sold rather than empty chairs watching the game, but don’t overlook the Lobos who have the cheapest tickets and the most empty seats. Maybe USU is pricing their tickets better than you think they should. The attendance is better than it was when I spent more on season tickets than someone could buying tickets with coupons off a Lee’s bag and sitting in the seats next to me.
Don’t take what is intended to be a light hearted joking post so seriously. You will enjoy life more. Since you seem to be worried that you (and others) got ripped off years ago, allow me to point out that the Lee’s coupons always excluded BYU and Utah games, and they excluded west side seats, so once you factor in the elevated single game prices for games that coupons were not valid, you still paid less than others for your season tickets (or you were able to attend the high demand games that the coupon users didn’t attend).

The only “narrative” I have when it comes to ticket prices is that the ticket office/athletic department shouldn’t blame the customers for empty seats. People who bash our fan base and get aroused by saying we don’t deserve a D1 team when our attendance is similar to many other colleges across the country is just silly. Thanks for pointing out New Mexico. Change my joke toward them, and all is good. :cheers:
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
Full

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 28th, 2021, 2:31 pm

ususports wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 1:54 pm
Full wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 12:16 pm
ususports wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

Don’t take what is intended to be a light hearted joking post so seriously. You will enjoy life more. Since you seem to be worried that you (and others) got ripped off years ago, allow me to point out that the Lee’s coupons always excluded BYU and Utah games, and they excluded west side seats, so once you factor in the elevated single game prices for games that coupons were not valid, you still paid less than others for your season tickets (or you were able to attend the high demand games that the coupon users didn’t attend).

The only “narrative” I have when it comes to ticket prices is that the ticket office/athletic department shouldn’t blame the customers for empty seats. People who bash our fan base and get aroused by saying we don’t deserve a D1 team when our attendance is similar to many other colleges across the country is just silly. Thanks for pointing out New Mexico. Change my joke toward them, and all is good. :cheers:
You are easily the least sarcastic person on this board.

Do I need to put a sarcastic emoji?

bill.george
Has thanked: 0

Post by bill.george » October 28th, 2021, 4:46 pm

The new stadium for SDSU is going up very quickly without any legal or weather related delays. The stadium when completed will not be on campus. It is a short trolley ride from campus to the same plot of land that Qualcomm formerly sat on. But for the time being the Aztecs are playing their games away from home in the same place that the Chargers did until SOFI opened. It is a tough sell to get folks to leave SD and go up to Carson which is a pit. Meanwhile the Aztecs are having their best season in 57 years. They will be a dominant program in the coming years with a new stadium and almost 40,000 fans in the stands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 28th, 2021, 5:52 pm

bill.george wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 4:46 pm
The new stadium for SDSU is going up very quickly without any legal or weather related delays. The stadium when completed will not be on campus. It is a short trolley ride from campus to the same plot of land that Qualcomm formerly sat on. But for the time being the Aztecs are playing their games away from home in the same place that the Chargers did until SOFI opened. It is a tough sell to get folks to leave SD and go up to Carson which is a pit. Meanwhile the Aztecs are having their best season in 57 years. They will be a dominant program in the coming years with a new stadium and almost 40,000 fans in the stands.

That's dumb. I don't know why they couldn't convert Petco or Anaheim for football, it's been done before. Either would have been much closer. Besides, isn't Hawaii playing at some community college stadium? I'm sure SDSU could have found a closer option. Play at a smaller field and raise demand for tickets rather than moving 100 miles away and begging fans to come.

bill.george

Post by bill.george » October 28th, 2021, 6:05 pm

Petco will be used for the Holiday Bowl but it is a massive effort to convert it and is in the lengthy process right now.

Besides the Padres might be in the World Series

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 29th, 2021, 9:50 am

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 5:52 pm
bill.george wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 4:46 pm

That's dumb. I don't know why they couldn't convert Petco or Anaheim for football, it's been done before. Either would have been much closer. Besides, isn't Hawaii playing at some community college stadium? I'm sure SDSU could have found a closer option. Play at a smaller field and raise demand for tickets rather than moving 100 miles away and begging fans to come.
Anaheim is like 20 minutes closer to SDSU's campus then the stadium they are playing in and the Angels don't allow football to be played there anymore. The Rams tried to play there while waiting for the new stadium and were told no. As for Petco, it would have been a decent option for 1 year.

bill.george

Post by bill.george » October 29th, 2021, 9:52 am

Petco would not work in September.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 29th, 2021, 9:56 am

bill.george wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 9:52 am
Petco would not work in September.

There were exactly 2 dates that SDSU and the Padres had a home game on the same day this season. With some pre-planning it could have worked. Teams have shared before. Just have to figure out scheduling ahead of time.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 29th, 2021, 9:57 am

So where would they be hosting the MWC Championship game? Not at that high school field right?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 29th, 2021, 10:31 am

Sl7vk wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 9:57 am
So where would they be hosting the MWC Championship game? Not at that high school field right?
High School field? It has a higher capacity than Maverik Stadium.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 29th, 2021, 10:36 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 10:31 am
Sl7vk wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 9:57 am
High School field? It has a higher capacity than Maverik Stadium.
Gotcha, I literally thought they were playing on a high school field and didn't understand that it was Dignity Health Sports Park.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 29th, 2021, 11:20 am

boise fans aren't bad. they're very welcoming to the potato bowl, and I have never felt that they acted too big for their program like byu, sdsu, and UNLV (in the last 20 years)

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 29th, 2021, 11:41 am

Hawaii actually uses a stadium located on campus, but it only seats like 6k people. For SDSU….There are stadiums closer that they could have used, like Cal Stare Fullerton or the Santa Ana City stadium that Mater Dei uses. But Sofi seats about 25k and that’s why they used it instead.
Last edited by ViAggie on October 29th, 2021, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » October 29th, 2021, 4:29 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 11:20 am
boise fans aren't bad. they're very welcoming to the potato bowl, and I have never felt that they acted too big for their program like byu, sdsu, and UNLV (in the last 20 years)
Why is it when we talk about worse fan bases, the ewet fans are left off the list, when they should be top of the list?

They are the absolute worst.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 29th, 2021, 4:35 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 4:29 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
Why is it when we talk about worse fan bases, the ewet fans are left off the list, when they should be top of the list?

never been to a basketball game of theirs where anybody showed up. they cheer for usu when we aren't playing. no issues.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » October 29th, 2021, 4:52 pm

Where do U o U fans fit in for purposes of this discussion?

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

coolag

Post by coolag » October 29th, 2021, 5:20 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
Lol.

Regulator of Class

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » October 29th, 2021, 5:27 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 4:29 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

While true, it doesn't matter because they are irrelevant.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

bill.george

Post by bill.george » October 31st, 2021, 9:33 am

They don’t flip a switch to make it happen. You just gave two reasons why it did not happen.

Locked Previous topicNext topic