Stadium Playlist

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
CanuckAggie

Stadium Playlist

Post by CanuckAggie » October 3rd, 2021, 7:15 pm

Been looking for some new music. Thought it'd be a good time to hear what everybody's favorite tunes they've heard played in warm-ups/in-game at The Mav and Spectrum over the years have been! Even if you don't like the track but remember songs that they've played it'd be much appreciated if you commented them below :rock:

Imakeitrain

Re: Stadium Playlist

Post by Imakeitrain » October 3rd, 2021, 10:05 pm

I seem to remember they would play Dropkick Murphy’s “shipping up to Boston” a few times.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 3rd, 2021, 10:10 pm

my wife insist upon this

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 3rd, 2021, 10:37 pm

Personally, i would like USU to do something unique in the pre-game. Everyone other stadium plays whatever hip hop or pop songs are popular. It's lazy and unimaginative.

I like Dropkick Murphys and i like Shippin up to Boston coming out after the halftime break. I would love to have USU embrace their Scottish roots and play some head-bobbing Scottish pioe and drum music to get the fans and players ready for battle before the v game. Something like

La Bassa

Or this

Or this

That would be unique
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 3):
CanuckAggieAggieBluesUSUMAE

Eutaw St. Aggie

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » October 3rd, 2021, 10:49 pm

I always liked playing Rocky during the late 70s when the team came out. Yep, I know I'm dating myself.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » October 3rd, 2021, 11:32 pm

Yossarian wrote:
October 3rd, 2021, 10:37 pm
Personally, i would like USU to do something unique in the pre-game. Everyone other stadium plays whatever hip hop or pop songs are popular. It's lazy and unimaginative.

I like Dropkick Murphys and i like Shippin up to Boston coming out after the halftime break. I would love to have USU embrace their Scottish roots and play some head-bobbing Scottish pioe and drum music to get the fans and players ready for battle before the v game. Something like

La Bassa

Or this

Or this

That would be unique
I love these guys. Imagine if USU had actually followed through with the proposed mascot change and we were the 'Highlanders' today? That would be a blast.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » October 3rd, 2021, 11:37 pm

Every time I hear "Right Now" by Van Halen, I am immediately thrown back to just before kickoff of the 1996 game versus Utah. The song was playing as the teams were taking the field. USU won that game, and now I always associate that song with a USU win.

I will say this about the music being played, I do think there needs to be more variety. I went with my Dad to the homecoming game in 2017 against Wyoming, and the pre-game music was one of my Dads biggest complaints. Blasting hip hop music constantly may appeal to the college aged kids, but for most folks over 40, it is not appealing. IMHO they need to mix in a lot of different music types and from different eras so everyone can enjoy it.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » October 3rd, 2021, 11:59 pm

I did like when we used Rashard Stewart did based on the Wacka Flocka/Machine Gun Kelly song.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 4th, 2021, 4:06 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
October 3rd, 2021, 11:59 pm
I did like when we used Rashard Stewart did based on the Wacka Flocka/Machine Gun Kelly song.
That's exactly what I was going to say. "I'm an Aggie."

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » October 4th, 2021, 7:02 am

Virginia techs Enter Sandman video is quite amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Yossarian

ustate98
Pick'em Champ - '13 WTHCG

Post by ustate98 » October 4th, 2021, 8:08 am

When I was a student when the b-ball team took the court it was AC/DC "Thunderstruck" and as we were leaving the Spectrum after the game it was Rupert Holmes 'Escape' (Pina Colada Song).

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » October 4th, 2021, 8:36 am

ustate98 wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 8:08 am
When I was a student when the b-ball team took the court it was AC/DC "Thunderstruck" and as we were leaving the Spectrum after the game it was Rupert Holmes 'Escape' (Pina Colada Song).
What years were you there? I seem to recall when I was interning in the Athletic Department that we would play those songs quite regularly, especially "Escape" after the basketball games. Former associate AD Tony Jewkes loved that song, so I think he was the one who started playing it. The gymnastics team also used "Thunderstruck" and "Burning Down the House" during the years I was there.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 4th, 2021, 9:25 am

I have posted this before -

For the home basketball games, I would like to see drone video flying down Logan Canyon in winter. Across campus and to the Spectrum followed by short video highlight clips of dunks, passes, blocks, shots, and the like all set to "Mountain Song" by Jane's Addiction. That would get the crowd going. The drone footage would play during the bass guitar intro and then break into the highlights at the first scream.

Cash in.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
AggieBlues

Eutaw St. Aggie

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » October 4th, 2021, 9:32 am

Yossarian wrote:I have posted this before -

For the home basketball games, I would like to see drone video flying down Logan Canyon in winter. Across campus and to the Spectrum followed by short video highlight clips of dunks, passes, blocks, shots, and the like all set to "Mountain Song" by Jane's Addiction. That would get the crowd going. The drone footage would play during the bass guitar intro and then break into the highlights at the first scream.

Cash in.
I am 100% in on this suggestion. If you are not familiar with mountain song, take a listen. Let’s make this the “spectrum entrance song”. Somebody make this happen!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ustate98
Pick'em Champ - '13 WTHCG

Post by ustate98 » October 4th, 2021, 9:36 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 8:36 am
ustate98 wrote:
What years were you there? I seem to recall when I was interning in the Athletic Department that we would play those songs quite regularly, especially "Escape" after the basketball games. Former associate AD Tony Jewkes loved that song, so I think he was the one who started playing it. The gymnastics team also used "Thunderstruck" and "Burning Down the House" during the years I was there.
I was there '95-'98.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » October 4th, 2021, 9:45 am

This is the Usu football song. I wish they’d play it in the stadium before games. I’m not even sure it current players or coaching staff have heard it.

These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
Aggie19aggieguy13

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 4th, 2021, 9:54 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 9:45 am
This is the Usu football song. I wish they’d play it in the stadium before games. I’m not even sure it current players or coaching staff have heard it.

Crazy to see those old videos, we've come a long way y'all, in a very short time.

Go Aggies!

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » October 4th, 2021, 10:50 am

ustate98 wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 9:36 am
swordsman1989 wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 8:36 am
ustate98 wrote:
I was there '95-'98.
Yep, those were the years.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post:
ustate98

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » October 4th, 2021, 1:30 pm

This one has been brought up before:

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » October 4th, 2021, 1:59 pm

I think the problem with playing any one song is that it pumps some people up but not others. Look no further than any one person's workout list. @BearLakeMonstar might have Bulls On Parade in his playlist, but that song might not show up in others' lists.

Music tastes differ, so ideally, the entrance program is as unifying and motivational as possible, both for fans and athletes.

I haven't seen better programing at any NBA, NFL, MLB, or NCAA game I've attended than what I've seen at Vegas Golden Knights games here. It's next to none.

Here are a few examples. They make a customized hype video for each game with a unique story. :

In this one, you can see what a good host/MC can do -- something we don't have

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » October 4th, 2021, 6:27 pm

Something like this could be kind of cool.

Sorry, I don’t know how to embed a video.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » October 4th, 2021, 6:47 pm

travelingagg wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 1:59 pm
I think the problem with playing any one song is that it pumps some people up but not others. Look no further than any one person's workout list. @BearLakeMonstar might have Bulls On Parade in his playlist, but that song might not show up in others' lists.

Music tastes differ, so ideally, the entrance program is as unifying and motivational as possible, both for fans and athletes.
You aren't one of those guys that lifted weights to country music, are you?

Either way, I am disturbed and yet strangely envious of the lack of anger in your music.

But seriously, the intro examples you linked are awesome. Not very high-cost production value, either. Let's make it happen!
These users thanked the author BearLakeMonster for the post:
travelingagg

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

Gljflyfloater

Post by Gljflyfloater » October 4th, 2021, 9:50 pm

Man I like that Scottish music. The school would need to teach the student body and teams what it’s all about but it sounds like we are your worst nightmare and don’t plan on taking any prisoners. That music gets in your blood. Let’s do it!!!
These users thanked the author Gljflyfloater for the post (total 2):
AggieBluesUSUMAE

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 5th, 2021, 2:00 pm

Anything by Sheena Easton. She is Scottish after all.

Locked Previous topicNext topic