A Key to Keeping the Stench O Off the Field?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

A Key to Keeping the Stench O Off the Field?

Post by USU78 » September 27th, 2021, 1:48 pm

SoFla maybe shows us a way to get those short-yardage plays. Note there's no linebacker here to hold contain when the DE, prolly on orders, crashes down inside.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AggieFBObsession

Re: A Key to Keeping the Stench O Off the Field?

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 27th, 2021, 2:03 pm

We make similar bone headed mistakes like that with our D. Shhhh. :disappointed:

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 27th, 2021, 2:05 pm

For YBU this is more egregious. And if our OL can be physical and penalty free, they can dominate this game.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 27th, 2021, 2:52 pm

Looks like SoFla's tackles are both a bit more stout than ours, but who knows? If the injury situation for the stench's defense is as dire as Hans kept saying on these vids, we could see a huge rushing day, which, of course, would help our WRs get open like they couldn't against Boazy.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 27th, 2021, 3:03 pm

USU78 wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 2:52 pm
we could see a huge rushing day, which, of course, would help our WRs get open like they couldn't against Boazy.
The DBs for BYU aren't nearly as talented as Boise State's. JL Skinner is as good as they come.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
USU78

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » September 27th, 2021, 3:06 pm

USU78 wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 2:52 pm
Looks like SoFla's tackles are both a bit more stout than ours, but who knows? If the injury situation for the stench's defense is as dire as Hans kept saying on these vids, we could see a huge rushing day, which, of course, would help our WRs get open like they couldn't against Boazy.
Looks like they expect to have a lot of players returning this week.
https://www.si.com/college/byu/football ... utah-state

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » September 27th, 2021, 3:11 pm

I said in another thread that Boise has the speed on the back end that nobody else we have played had. We had a few plays that probably would have went for scores, but Boise had the speed to catch Noa and Gentry on those breakaway runs. I haven't seen BYU this year, but maybe we can skeem some guys into open space and create separation if need be. I'd be surprized if BYU has a bunch of speed in the secondary- It's not traditionally a strength for them.
These users thanked the author CaptainChaos for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionFloridaAggie13

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » September 27th, 2021, 7:33 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 3:11 pm
I said in another thread that Boise has the speed on the back end that nobody else we have played had. We had a few plays that probably would have went for scores, but Boise had the speed to catch Noa and Gentry on those breakaway runs. I haven't seen BYU this year, but maybe we can skeem some guys into open space and create separation if need be. I'd be surprized if BYU has a bunch of speed in the secondary- It's not traditionally a strength for them.
Oh, you haven’t heard? Every position is a strength. They have no weaknesses. They have two qbs, either of which would easily be a starter at any school in the country if their pride for their school wasn’t holding them both there to compete with each other. They are ranked right now at a conservative #13 in the country. They should ascend to at least #1 or so before too long and come out of the season with a natty. After all, it’s been over 30 years since they beat a subpar team in a bowl game and declared themselves national champions. Time for them to do it again!
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionFloridaAggie13

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 28th, 2021, 5:45 am

CaptainChaos wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 3:11 pm
We also had receivers running wide open - DT and Bowling - in the first half for sure td's if the qb's had been able to get them the ball.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsession3rdGenAggie

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 28th, 2021, 12:22 pm

I'm not sure what to think about BYU.

I like our WRs against their secondary (assuming QBs have a better day than they had last week), but I also like their WRs against our secondary, especially with Tatum out and Bond dinged up. Their o-line is bigger than ours and probably somewhat better, but not way better. Running backs are probably a wash. TEs go to BYU for sure. Their QB situation is better, but neither of their QBs are as good as BYU fans think they are. They're good, not great. Our QBs are serviceable, not good. Our D-line is probably better. Our linebackers are better with Pili out.

We have the best overall defensive player with Rice and the best open-field guy with Thompkins, but the Nacua brothers will be the best 2 WRs on the field.

Overall, they have more size, we have more speed and quickness. Coaches need to scheme to that in a big way (they need to get Thompkins the ball many times more than they did against Boise).

If USU wins it will be a solid upset, but I do think BYU is overrated at 13. They're a good team, not a great team. We're on the good side of average.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Locked Previous topicNext topic