Guys…. Peasley is our guy….

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hickaggie

Re: Guys…. Peasley is our guy….

Post by hickaggie » September 21st, 2021, 1:29 pm

aggies22 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:10 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm
aggies22 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 11:49 am
stang wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 11:45 am
I've NEVER been a believer in a 2-QB system, and in fact I've been pretty adamantly opposed to it in all circumstances for most of my football-watching life. But I actually think this is a scenario where it might not be a bad idea. We have two very talented QB's each of whom has a very different skill set, and each of whom seem to be very selfless players and leaders of the team. I wouldn't hate using them each situationally moving forward.
I couldn't agree more my Aggie brother. They are just so different that it FORCES the opposing defense to have to game plan for both and that eats up A LOT of valuable practice time.
This ^^ !

Both are so effective that it forces the opposition to prepare for both and their diverse skill-sets means different game planning. For example, AF didn't use a spy on Peasley until the final series because it was never in their plan for Bonner. Sure, going forward teams will know to use a spy when Peasley comes in but now it forces the entire defense to adjust and change their strategies.
I agree with your idea of what strategy is going to be used going forward. It just might not matter. Peasley has elite speed for a quarterback. He might be the fastest collegiate QB in the nation. If he's not, I'd like to know who is faster.
Peasley not only has elite speed, he has some Chuckie quickness and uses the ball very well to freeze guys. That 2 pt conversion run was just a thing of beauty. That is my argument for him. When he can break down a defense with his legs and get the ball downfield accurately thats as dangerous as a player in the country. I don't care if he misses an out here and there because every play is a home run threat. Nothing more demoralizing to a defense to contain and cover on third and long and be beat anyway by a player who is just too fast and too elusive.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 4):
Sl7vkaggies22OrangeCountyAggie3rdGenAggie

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 21st, 2021, 2:17 pm

hickaggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:29 pm
aggies22 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:10 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm
aggies22 wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 11:49 am
stang wrote:
I've NEVER been a believer in a 2-QB system, and in fact I've been pretty adamantly opposed to it in all circumstances for most of my football-watching life. But I actually think this is a scenario where it might not be a bad idea. We have two very talented QB's each of whom has a very different skill set, and each of whom seem to be very selfless players and leaders of the team. I wouldn't hate using them each situationally moving forward.
I couldn't agree more my Aggie brother. They are just so different that it FORCES the opposing defense to have to game plan for both and that eats up A LOT of valuable practice time.
This ^^ !

Both are so effective that it forces the opposition to prepare for both and their diverse skill-sets means different game planning. For example, AF didn't use a spy on Peasley until the final series because it was never in their plan for Bonner. Sure, going forward teams will know to use a spy when Peasley comes in but now it forces the entire defense to adjust and change their strategies.
I agree with your idea of what strategy is going to be used going forward. It just might not matter. Peasley has elite speed for a quarterback. He might be the fastest collegiate QB in the nation. If he's not, I'd like to know who is faster.
Peasley not only has elite speed, he has some Chuckie quickness and uses the ball very well to freeze guys. That 2 pt conversion run was just a thing of beauty. That is my argument for him. When he can break down a defense with his legs and get the ball downfield accurately thats as dangerous as a player in the country. I don't care if he misses an out here and there because every play is a home run threat. Nothing more demoralizing to a defense to contain and cover on third and long and be beat anyway by a player who is just too fast and too elusive.
Exactly. Bonner is good. Peasley is SPECIAL!

deltaaggie

Post by deltaaggie » September 21st, 2021, 3:16 pm

OrangCountyAggie and HickAggie get a room already. We get it
These users thanked the author deltaaggie for the post:
BLUERUFiO

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » September 21st, 2021, 3:41 pm

I think we lose Washington State without Bonner’s 10/10 passing fiesta on the final drive, but, who knows. Such a luxury to have great offensives coaches + 2 great QBs.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 21st, 2021, 3:43 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 3:41 pm
I think we lose Washington State without Bonner’s 10/10 passing fiesta on the final drive, but, who knows. Such a luxury to have great offensives coaches + 2 great QBs.
I agree. I like both QBs but Bonner has been much steadier. Obviously Peasley had a huge game on Saturday but I don’t think that’s any reason tho name him the new king as some are doing.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
LarryTheAggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 25th, 2021, 10:49 pm

This didn't age well for either QB.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 25th, 2021, 10:51 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 10:49 pm
Legas szn!!!!
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13BLUERUFiO

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

blueblood

Post by blueblood » September 26th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Man I wish we still had Columbi. Thanks Gary!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author blueblood for the post (total 2):
Aggie19FloridaAggie13

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 26th, 2021, 5:57 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
We'll be fine. One bad game does not a season make.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13BLUERUFiO

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » September 26th, 2021, 9:44 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 5:57 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
We'll be fine. One bad game does not a season make.
Seriously. Yawn.

I’m a Boneasly guy.
Go Aggies.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 2):
Aggie19BLUERUFiO

Pokitren
Has thanked: 0

Post by Pokitren » September 27th, 2021, 6:16 am

stang wrote:
It seems to me, too, that the 2-QB system is not really effective. But to use it when necessary is the right thing to do. And it's up to the coach to decide the right moment.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 27th, 2021, 8:28 am

So who starts on Friday? Certainly Bonner was not as accurate on Saturday, but drove the ball pretty well to red zone area where obviously the team struggled. Peasley had the 1 nice drive, but most of that was set up on the long run. I think we should go with Bonner to start on Friday.

Bonner has to make better decisions and know when to throw it away that interception in the red zone was really bad.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
BustaMcNutt

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 27th, 2021, 8:30 am

Bonner starts.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttBLUERUFiO

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 27th, 2021, 10:17 am

slcagg wrote:
September 27th, 2021, 8:30 am
Bonner starts.
I agree he will start. Unfortunately both narratives about the negatives of both QBs was confirmed Saturday. Boise tightened down the coverage underneath because they don't fear Bonner deep. They had a game plan to attack, contain, and come after Peasley to keep him from improvising and getting off deep. My view hasn't changed in who I would like to see but the Zoobs don't have the secondary to do what Boise did and I think Bonner has a really nice game. He has got to recognize his own limits though.

As a side note, There were a lot of comments about Bonner's accuracy Saturday. Other than the McGriff INT which still should have been caught I disagree. Bonner was Bonner. Accurate up to 15 yards, atrocious beyond that. I haven't seen his zone throw stats to date but I believe he has 2-3 completions and the same amount of picks on balls that travel or were intended to travel more than about 17 yards past the LOS. Its a definite limitation but the rest of the regular season schedule is less capable sans Wyoming of capitalizing on that.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 27th, 2021, 11:08 am

I wish Peasley was our guy. He has all the things we need to be successful...besides accuracy and decision-making. If only...

Locked Previous topicNext topic