Hate Y

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdidwhat

Hate Y

Post by aggiesdidwhat » September 18th, 2021, 11:58 pm

But.....
They sure look good. Dang it! I never want them to do good!

Go Aggies!

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Re: Hate Y

Post by sam tingey » September 18th, 2021, 11:58 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 11:58 pm
But.....
They sure look good. Dang it! I never want them to do good!

Go Aggies!
I like beating them when they are ranked
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post (total 5):
AggieFBObsessionBLUERUFiONowhereLandAggiethegreendalegelfaggies22

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 19th, 2021, 8:37 am

How in world can you say they looked good after last night? I watched bits and pieces and both teams were awful, ASU had 5 false starts on one drive (I stopped watching after that.)I think they ended up with 16 penalties. They gave YBU the game. YBU has yet to score more than 30 points. YBU is certainly beatable.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » September 19th, 2021, 8:46 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 8:37 am
How in world can you say they looked good after last night? I watched bits and pieces and both teams were awful, ASU had 5 false starts on one drive (I stopped watching after that.)I think they ended up with 16 penalties. They gave YBU the game. YBU has yet to score more than 30 points. YBU is certainly beatable.
During the series with all the false starts the commentators were pointing out that BYU should have been destroying ASU with 3 turnovers and a mountain of foot shooting penalties. Yet the game came down to the last minutes.
These users thanked the author WAaggieFan for the post:
aggies22

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 19th, 2021, 8:54 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
Not to mention 4 TOs and even aside from the penalties committed mental error after mental error playing to the Zoobs advantage. Give credit where credit is due but all of the ESPN commentator talk about watching out for the Zoobs as playoff contender...lol. Arizona got beat by Northern Arizona last night. Utah at SDSU. They have been extremely lucky so far and are not nearly as good as the Donks. I think USU matches up well with them, especially recievers against secondary.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 2):
FL350Aggiesam tingey

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 19th, 2021, 9:31 am

hickaggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 8:54 am
FL350Aggie wrote:
Not to mention 4 TOs and even aside from the penalties committed mental error after mental error playing to the Zoobs advantage. Give credit where credit is due but all of the ESPN commentator talk about watching out for the Zoobs as playoff contender...lol. Arizona got beat by Northern Arizona last night. Utah at SDSU. They have been extremely lucky so far and are not nearly as good as the Donks. I think USU matches up well with them, especially recievers against secondary.
Exactly. This years matchup is starting to feel a lot like 2014. I’m hoping YBU comes to Logan completely overlooking the Ags, if they do they will have another thing coming.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 19th, 2021, 9:39 am

4th Quarter Aggies to the rescue to mess up their season
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
thegreendalegelf

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

ususports

Post by ususports » September 19th, 2021, 10:27 am

hickaggie wrote:
FL350Aggie wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, as the PAC 12 isn’t off to a great start. However, when a team has 4 turnovers, it usually has something to do with the other team. As one example, Arizona State intercepted the ball and was running back a potential pick six (which would have given Arizona State the lead late in the game), when the BYU running back caught up from behind and punched the ball loose. The BYU QB was right there to recover the ball after not giving up on the play and had run 70 yards to be there for the recovery. I love our team and think with a home crowd, we have a chance in this game, but to quickly dismiss BYU after they have won 3 consecutive games against PAC 12 teams seems naive to me.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
Aggie19

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » September 19th, 2021, 10:45 am

ususports wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 10:27 am
hickaggie wrote:
FL350Aggie wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, as the PAC 12 isn’t off to a great start. However, when a team has 4 turnovers, it usually has something to do with the other team. As one example, Arizona State intercepted the ball and was running back a potential pick six (which would have given Arizona State the lead late in the game), when the BYU running back caught up from behind and punched the ball loose. The BYU QB was right there to recover the ball after not giving up on the play and had run 70 yards to be there for the recovery. I love our team and think with a home crowd, we have a chance in this game, but to quickly dismiss BYU after they have won 3 consecutive games against PAC 12 teams seems naive to me.
Arizona just lost to Northern Arizona. Utah isn’t terrible but certainly not as good as their usual, and ASU is decent but very mistake prone. I don’t dismiss BYU being good but I certainly think they’re beatable.

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 19th, 2021, 12:24 pm

ususports wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 10:27 am
hickaggie wrote:
FL350Aggie wrote:
Nobody is dismissing them. USU will have to play lights out to beat them, especially the defense. All I’m saying is that they are certainly beatable. I don’t care what the rankings say, fpi says, or even ESPN. USU will have a damn good chance to get the W.
There is so much YBU crushing in these forums, they aren’t world beaters like some suggest.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 19th, 2021, 12:30 pm

USUSports made a very coherent post on this thread when he noted the energy and tenacity the team from Provo plays with. They are to be respected, but I don't ever have to like 'em, ever.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
JSHarvey

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » September 19th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Moderators: Let's move this to the Big Blue's House (General Sports Talk).

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 19th, 2021, 12:34 pm

When's the last time we've had a top 15 ranked team in Maverik Stadium? I'm cool with it.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 19th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Great place for this!
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post (total 5):
NowhereLandAggiesam tingeyAggieFBObsessioncdaAgaggies22

aggietime

Post by aggietime » September 19th, 2021, 1:38 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 1:02 pm
Great place for this!
That was a damn rocket. Love seeing women's soccer do so well!
These users thanked the author aggietime for the post:
AggieFBObsession

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » September 19th, 2021, 1:40 pm

ususports wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
FL350Aggie wrote:
I look at that play and it was clearly the difference. BYU qb made a terrible choice. It should have cost them the game. RB/QB stuck with the play and we're able to "totally redeem themselves." If they don't recover Arizona was rolling at that point and the fans were out of it. Arizona would have escaped.

I'm not going to say what will happen in our game but do expect a good game

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 19th, 2021, 1:59 pm

The nacuas and Romney will each have 100 yards receiving and Allgeiers will have 150+ yards rushing if our D that we saw against Air Force and the 1st quarter of the North Dakota shows up.

I agree that BYU is not the team ESPN is pushing. But they still win games, despite all the errors mentioned.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
MrBiggle

FalseStart

Post by FalseStart » September 19th, 2021, 4:34 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
I'm not sure how you could watch the game and say they looked terrible. ASU shot themselves in the foot but BYU's win was more impressive than beating AFA. I definitely wouldn't say that we played terrible. BYU will be 10 point favorites in Logan.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 19th, 2021, 5:00 pm

FalseStart wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 4:34 pm
FL350Aggie wrote:
I'm not sure how you could watch the game and say they looked terrible. ASU shot themselves in the foot but BYU's win was more impressive than beating AFA. I definitely wouldn't say that we played terrible. BYU will be 10 point favorites in Logan.
Terrible no. And of course they will be 10 pt favorites unless the Aggies shock Boise. Beatable. Very much so. No one is saying they look terrible. WSU is better than Arizona though. Utah is definitely down. ASU did not look very good and even giving the Zoobs credit for the turnovers they barely snuck out with a win. I think its way to early to tell about either team and we are 3-0 too.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 20th, 2021, 9:48 am

That forced fumble after the interception was a great play. I think it won the game for BYU. We can hate them and still respect their game. They are playing pretty well.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Aggie19

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » September 20th, 2021, 2:10 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 8:46 am
FL350Aggie wrote:
During the series with all the false starts the commentators were pointing out that BYU should have been destroying ASU with 3 turnovers and a mountain of foot shooting penalties. Yet the game came down to the last minutes.
Our team has a lot of things to clean up as well.

Also, they are not going to overlook us and they will play some of their best football against us as they always do (aside from that year they had that one QB that kept throwing the ball to our guys. I can't remember his name.)

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 21st, 2021, 11:46 am

Elkaggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 1:02 pm
Great place for this!
I had heard we won but I had not seen the clip yet. Gave me chills. Thanks for posting that my Aggie brother!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Elkaggie

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 21st, 2021, 12:03 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 1:59 pm
The nacuas and Romney will each have 100 yards receiving and Allgeiers will have 150+ yards rushing if our D that we saw against Air Force and the 1st quarter of the North Dakota shows up.

I agree that BYU is not the team ESPN is pushing. But they still win games, despite all the errors mentioned.
But Thompkins will have 250.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
Imakeitrain

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

3rdGenAggie

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 21st, 2021, 12:10 pm

The game against BYU got a bit easier. Keenan Pili is out for the season...he's probably their best defensive player.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » September 21st, 2021, 1:51 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 12:10 pm
The game against BYU got a bit easier. Keenan Pili is out for the season...he's probably their best defensive player.
I'm sure there is someone solid to take his place. There usually seems to be and too many times it is an increase in performance.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post:
3rdGenAggie

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 21st, 2021, 1:54 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
The Defense will determine the next two games. Contain their QB and don't lose their big TE. Stay at home. Those are the keys. Remember 2019 when their QB ran for whatever he wanted and Love had to try to keep up with an inferior offense and inferior offensive coaches. Maybe our D is not going to ever be displined enough to stop that stuff but our playmakers will need to create TOs at least.

I think they are going to have a hard time with our backs and receivers. But Boise first. That's the big one.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
3rdGenAggie

3rdGenAggie

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 21st, 2021, 1:57 pm

hickaggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:54 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
The Defense will determine the next two games. Contain their QB and don't lose their big TE. Stay at home. Those are the keys. Remember 2019 when their QB ran for whatever he wanted and Love had to try to keep up with an inferior offense and inferior offensive coaches. Maybe our D is not going to ever be displined enough to stop that stuff but our playmakers will need to create TOs at least.

I think they are going to have a hard time with our backs and receivers. But Boise first. That's the big one.
Agreed. If we could only have a win in one of the two games, I'd take Boise every time.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
BLUERUFiO

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 21st, 2021, 2:07 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:57 pm
hickaggie wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Agreed. If we could only have a win in one of the two games, I'd take Boise every time.

HELL NO! We can get Bosie another time. If I had to choose, I'd shut up those smug loudmouths down south who think they're God's gift to humanity.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 21st, 2021, 2:10 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 2:07 pm

HELL NO! We can get Bosie another time. If I had to choose, I'd shut up those smug loudmouths down south who think they're God's gift to humanity.
Good luck shutting them up. They are :crazy:
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
Sl7vk

3rdGenAggie

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 21st, 2021, 2:11 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Haha. I definitely understand that feeling. If Boise wasn't a conference mate, I would want the BYU game more, but as is I want a division title and a shot at the conference championship...and that goes through Boise.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiOsam tingeyMrBiggle

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » September 21st, 2021, 11:29 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:34 pm
When's the last time we've had a top 15 ranked team in Maverik Stadium? I'm cool with it.
I was at the game in 2001 when #6 ranked Oregon came here. Technically it was Romney Stadium though, so maybe it doesn't count. ;) Either way, it's been no more than 20 years.

Aggs&Jazz12

Post by Aggs&Jazz12 » September 22nd, 2021, 11:24 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 2:11 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Haha. I definitely understand that feeling. If Boise wasn't a conference mate, I would want the BYU game more, but as is I want a division title and a shot at the conference championship...and that goes through Boise.
I think we can come to an agreement that the Boise game is definitely the more important game for the team and our season, but the BYU game will bring many (most?) of us a more satisfying fan experience.
These users thanked the author Aggs&Jazz12 for the post (total 2):
Aggie840253rdGenAggie

IBleedAggieBlue

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » September 22nd, 2021, 1:05 pm

BYU is very good!!! Let's not look past Boise. We really need to beat Boise on national tv, in the Mav.
These users thanked the author IBleedAggieBlue for the post (total 2):
sam tingeyAggie19

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » September 22nd, 2021, 2:18 pm

I hate BYU as much as the next Aggie and I'd love for them to play a perfect (no penalty, no injury, optimal coaching and performance) game and still beat them like a drum, but at this point in this season I'd much rather beat Boise.

Why?
Beating Boise gives us the best chance to win the MWC. Beating BYU MIGHT help instate recruiting and give us bragging rights.

Ideally we win both, but i don't think we should lose focus of the MWC.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 22nd, 2021, 7:02 pm

USUMAE wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 2:18 pm
I hate BYU as much as the next Aggie and I'd love for them to play a perfect (no penalty, no injury, optimal coaching and performance) game and still beat them like a drum, but at this point in this season I'd much rather beat Boise.

Why?
Beating Boise gives us the best chance to win the MWC. Beating BYU MIGHT help instate recruiting and give us bragging rights.

Ideally we win both, but i don't think we should lose focus of the MWC.
We are doing JUST FINE recruiting in-state. We don't need a win over byu to improve that. byu kids will always be byu kids.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggie19

Locked Previous topicNext topic