PEASLEY IS OUR KING

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Yossarian

Re: PEASLEY IS OUR KING

Post by Yossarian » September 19th, 2021, 1:00 am

hickaggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:56 am
AggieFanNate wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:47 am
hickaggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:40 am
AggieFanNate wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 11:01 pm
I don't know peasley was good but I've been sold on Bonner after thus game and the other games this year. Both are fantastic but Bonner runs this offense really well. It's like a well oiled machine. Until his injury he was really showing up. Just got a little overshadowed by peasley doing his job and making points as the backup.
Did you even watch Peasley. Bonner is good but he's only playing because Peasley hadn't matched his talent with his throw game. That ship passed tonight. The ceiling for Peasley is unlimited. Bonner has hit his. You gotta go with Andrew against Boise because the donks will just pit 7 in the box and dare Bonner to try to go deep against the best d lime we will see yet. This has got to be Peasleys team now.
I'm gonna go with winning team on this. Peasley threw some nice throws to be sure against a weak passing defense. Bonner has carved up every defense we have encountered. I trust him in the big moments. We shouldn't let hype overshadow how reliable Bonner has been. Peasley is great and should be used. He is a fantastic backup. But there is a reason Anderson picked him as the starter.
You are flat out wrong here. Boise will put 7 in the box, shut down the run, and dare Bonner to go deep. It won't go well if he plays. We have one of the best deep threats in the country and as good of a runner at qb since Keeton. The only thing holding Peasley back was his short intermediate throw game. He had that going tonight and you have to ride it. The ceiling between the 2 qbs is not even close and Peasley needs the reins to keep building his. The Aggies need him now to give this team a chance as the schedule becomes real. You can't beat Boise with an immobile qb with a 15 yard effective range.
The QB question will be moot if the defense doesn't tighten up. We got shredded at all levels by AFA.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
BLUERUFiO

Eutaw St. Aggie

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 19th, 2021, 1:08 am

Yossarian wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 1:00 am
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
I don't know peasley was good but I've been sold on Bonner after thus game and the other games this year. Both are fantastic but Bonner runs this offense really well. It's like a well oiled machine. Until his injury he was really showing up. Just got a little overshadowed by peasley doing his job and making points as the backup.
Did you even watch Peasley. Bonner is good but he's only playing because Peasley hadn't matched his talent with his throw game. That ship passed tonight. The ceiling for Peasley is unlimited. Bonner has hit his. You gotta go with Andrew against Boise because the donks will just pit 7 in the box and dare Bonner to try to go deep against the best d lime we will see yet. This has got to be Peasleys team now.
I'm gonna go with winning team on this. Peasley threw some nice throws to be sure against a weak passing defense. Bonner has carved up every defense we have encountered. I trust him in the big moments. We shouldn't let hype overshadow how reliable Bonner has been. Peasley is great and should be used. He is a fantastic backup. But there is a reason Anderson picked him as the starter.
You are flat out wrong here. Boise will put 7 in the box, shut down the run, and dare Bonner to go deep. It won't go well if he plays. We have one of the best deep threats in the country and as good of a runner at qb since Keeton. The only thing holding Peasley back was his short intermediate throw game. He had that going tonight and you have to ride it. The ceiling between the 2 qbs is not even close and Peasley needs the reins to keep building his. The Aggies need him now to give this team a chance as the schedule becomes real. You can't beat Boise with an immobile qb with a 15 yard effective range.
The QB question will be moot if the defense doesn't tighten up. We got shredded at all levels by AFA.
This is true. All we can hope is that it's an afa thing. Boises qb took a lot of shots today against the blitz and 4 man rush and is not mobile. We will see. It was ugly and then some last night.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 19th, 2021, 1:10 am

Yossarian wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Intermeddler may have more insight on this, but Banda’s defenses at Miami seemed to have moments of dominance and moments of being completely lost. That has sure seemed to be the case for us this year.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » September 19th, 2021, 1:20 am

hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Dude idk where you got the idea that Bonner can only do 15 yard throws. He has has so many explosive plays. And before peasley came on our ability to convert 3rd and 4th downs were insane. Again chill it with the hype.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » September 19th, 2021, 1:21 am

Guys

We are arguing about which awesome quarterback should start, and there are legit statements for both. We are pretty lucky this season.
These users thanked the author NAggsty Butler for the post:
sam tingey

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 19th, 2021, 1:23 am

hickaggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 1:08 am
Yossarian wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
This is true. All we can hope is that it's an afa thing. Boises qb took a lot of shots today against the blitz and 4 man rush and is not mobile. We will see. It was ugly and then some last night.
I know what your meaning but i don't think it's ugly when you beat a team that has owned us the last 2 years. Certainly things to shore up, but this team is doing great.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » September 19th, 2021, 9:07 am

I don't know who starts and I think it is a fair debate but I don't think we win last night if Peasley doesn't finish the game. Bonner was playing great but the mobility of Peasley was the difference IMO. That being said, I think Bonner has been better than expected and done a great job.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » September 19th, 2021, 9:12 am

My preference:
1. 100% healthy Bonner
2. Peasley
3. <100% healthy Bonner.
These users thanked the author Empire of Dirt for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOAggieFBObsession

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 19th, 2021, 11:35 am

Boise and BYU will have tighter windows than any team we've seen thus far. Bonner is better at those and it's not even close. This is a no-brainer.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 19th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Ahbye wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 11:35 am
Boise and BYU will have tighter windows than any team we've seen thus far. Bonner is better at those and it's not even close. This is a no-brainer.
I disagree because they are going to jam our receivers with safety help and put 7 in the box and dare us to go over the top because Bonner doesn't have the arm and they are going to challenge him to make throws deeper than 15 yards. They will jam with intermediate LB and safety coverage. They also are going to bring the best pash rush to date and put 7 in the box. Outside of 1 throw Peasley looked Bonner's equal last night with accuracy and far better with his legs and deep.

I've said all along Bonner is a good QB but he is going to get exposed with better defenses because of his mobility and arm limits and has hit his potential.. Peasley on the other hand has potential out the roof and just has to get confident with his arm. He was on a roll last night. Ride that.

The contrast is obvious. In 1/3 as many throws Peasley has 4 big plays with the ball in the air over 20 yards and no picks on those throws. Bonner has 2 with 3 times as many reps a 35 yard TD against a terrible FCS corner and about a 20 yarder last night on the TD throw. He also has 3 picks because of bad deep throws. Boise's D is going to going to say its yours if you can take it and come after him. Against Peasley they have to keep safety help on Thompkins every play and basically employ a spy which will open things up.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » September 19th, 2021, 12:25 pm

It would have been nice if Peasley got the reps Shelley did last year.

Eutaw St. Aggie

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » September 19th, 2021, 12:45 pm

hickaggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:12 pm
Ahbye wrote:
I disagree because they are going to jam our receivers with safety help and put 7 in the box and dare us to go over the top because Bonner doesn't have the arm and they are going to challenge him to make throws deeper than 15 yards. They will jam with intermediate LB and safety coverage. They also are going to bring the best pash rush to date and put 7 in the box. Outside of 1 throw Peasley looked Bonner's equal last night with accuracy and far better with his legs and deep.

I've said all along Bonner is a good QB but he is going to get exposed with better defenses because of his mobility and arm limits and has hit his potential.. Peasley on the other hand has potential out the roof and just has to get confident with his arm. He was on a roll last night. Ride that.

The contrast is obvious. In 1/3 as many throws Peasley has 4 big plays with the ball in the air over 20 yards and no picks on those throws. Bonner has 2 with 3 times as many reps a 35 yard TD against a terrible FCS corner and about a 20 yarder last night on the TD throw. He also has 3 picks because of bad deep throws. Boise's D is going to going to say its yours if you can take it and come after him. Against Peasley they have to keep safety help on Thompkins every play and basically employ a spy which will open things up.
All I know is that it is fun to be able to have a debate about two good qbs. Much better than last year's situation. I am for having Bonner if he is 100%. If not, please put in the peas.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 19th, 2021, 12:49 pm

I am ok with either starter. Press coverage with safety help over the top and 7 I'm the box...not sure the numbers allow that. If they go without safety help against in either QB
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
3rdGenAggie

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 19th, 2021, 2:21 pm

I'm good with either, but those who think Bonner can't throw deep, clearly weren't watching the same first half I was. He isn't going to get 60 yards of air under to ball, but how deep do you need him to go? He does not struggle yo throw 30+ yards down field accurately.

I think the "Bonner can't go deep" trope is a belief more than it is a reality.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 4):
gomretatAggieFanNateBLUERUFiOAggieFBObsession

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » September 19th, 2021, 4:56 pm

I hate to say it guys, but using both of them seems to be working pretty darn well so far. Maybe we keep rotating them within the flow of each game?
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post:
Sl7vk

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 19th, 2021, 5:12 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 2:21 pm
I'm good with either, but those who think Bonner can't throw deep, clearly weren't watching the same first half I was. He isn't going to get 60 yards of air under to ball, but how deep do you need him to go? He does not struggle yo throw 30+ yards down field accurately.

I think the "Bonner can't go deep" trope is a belief more than it is a reality.
Actually Bonner was overthrowing some of his receivers in the first half. He had Wright wide open for a TD and just overthrew him.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
3rdGenAggie

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 19th, 2021, 5:26 pm

AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Peasly did the same thing in his limited action against Wash. St. He's the better player and it was silly of the coaching staff to pull him for that one series after he took over.

When is Coach Anderson going to show confidence in the kid and stop jerking him around? I get that Bonner is a personal friend, knows the offense really well, was close to his wife and family, etc, etc, but Peasly is a special talent, he gives you the best chance to win.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 19th, 2021, 5:28 pm

hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
100% Agree! In this scenario, Peasly is Chukie Keaton and Bonner is Adam Kennedy (who I think actually played for coach A). Kennedy was a good QB but Keaton was SPECIAL!

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 19th, 2021, 5:37 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Peasly did the same thing in his limited action against Wash. St. He's the better player and it was silly of the coaching staff to pull him for that one series after he took over.

When is Coach Anderson going to show confidence in the kid and stop jerking him around? I get that Bonner is a personal friend, knows the offense really well, was close to his wife and family, etc, etc, but Peasly is a special talent, he gives you the best chance to win.
I don’t think it’s that clear cut. Bonner looked damn good leading us to the win against Washington State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOFloridaAggie13

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 19th, 2021, 5:39 pm

hickaggie wrote:
Ahbye wrote:

Bonner has the tendency to stare down his receivers but to his credit, gets the ball out quicker to the one guy he locks in on (almost always his first read). Peasley scans the whole field, goes through his progression and makes the right throw. Plus he has the ability to throw on the move and make plays happen with his feet when the pocket breaks down.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 19th, 2021, 5:47 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 5:39 pm
hickaggie wrote:
Ahbye wrote:

Bonner has the tendency to stare down his receivers but to his credit, gets the ball out quicker to the one guy he locks in on (almost always his first read). Peasley scans the whole field, goes through his progression and makes the right throw. Plus he has the ability to throw on the move and make plays happen with his feet when the pocket breaks down.
You are making stuff up. Bonner doesn't stare down receivers. Bonner can throw deep. Bonner is more accurate. Bonner isn't a great runner, but has good pocket sense. Peasley is a better runner and getting more accurate all the time. With just Bonner we are could still be 3-0, but likely 2-1. With Peasley we are likely 2-1.

With both, we are 3-0. I trust the coach on this one.

With that said, having a QB controversy because they are both so effective is an amazing luxury.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 7):
BustaMcNuttAussieAggieDadAggie84025BLUERUFiOAggieFBObsessioncdaAgaggieguy13

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 19th, 2021, 6:23 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
100% Agree! In this scenario, Peasly is Chukie Keaton and Bonner is Adam Kennedy (who I think actually played for coach A). Kennedy was a good QB but Keaton was SPECIAL!
Harsin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 19th, 2021, 8:26 pm

GeoAg wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 5:47 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
Ahbye wrote:

You are making stuff up. Bonner doesn't stare down receivers. Bonner can throw deep. Bonner is more accurate. Bonner isn't a great runner, but has good pocket sense. Peasley is a better runner and getting more accurate all the time. With just Bonner we are could still be 3-0, but likely 2-1. With Peasley we are likely 2-1.

With both, we are 3-0. I trust the coach on this one.

With that said, having a QB controversy because they are both so effective is an amazing luxury.
Yes he does stare down his receivers. Go watch more closely. The pick he threw against ND he was staring at Mcriff the whole play. He’s still a good QB.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » September 19th, 2021, 8:34 pm

Yea that was a terrible pick for sure. I could see that coming from ages away. But Bonner can read progressions just as good as peasley. Bonners strengths are being a gunslinger who will hit accurately. Peasley is a good runner who may not be as accurate or as fast on the throw but he can hit many shots too. He's not a bad thrower. But Bonner is the better thrower.
These users thanked the author AggieFanNate for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 19th, 2021, 8:36 pm

The TD pass to Bowling while under pressure and on the run was an amazing throw.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » September 19th, 2021, 8:41 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 5:26 pm
AggieFanNate wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:

That's why he gave him every chance to win the starting job. When I first saw him against Washington I was impressed! I thought Peasley was our guy. But at the end of the game Bonner just facilitated such a great comeback. Then ND I was super impressed. I have been sold on him since. Anderson wasn't jerking him around. He was giving him a shot. Bonner deserves some hard-core respect. And not just as a guy who can kinda throw. He is a gunslinger. He isn't NFL caliber but he is solid. None of this has anything to do with connection to Anderson.
These users thanked the author AggieFanNate for the post:
cdaAg

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » September 19th, 2021, 11:02 pm

I trust the coaches. If they start someone that doesn’t play well I have confidence the coaching staff will bench them pretty quick and give the other a try.

Bonner has earned it. I would start him and see how things go.
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post:
AggiePT

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 19th, 2021, 11:25 pm

Doesn't really matter what any of us think because BA has made up his mind if you go back and listen to his post game comments. While he said he was happy for Peasley, he also made comments like "you can see where we are headed" in reference to Bonner being the #1 and Peasley being the backup. He also said he admits they both bring their own unique strengths but made sure to say Bonner was the more polished decision maker, was quicker in his reads and getting the ball out, and was great at getting the ball distributed to the right guy at the right time. He did compliment Peasley's ability to extend a play and make things happen with his legs when there was a break down.

I look at Peasley as the same he has always been....a high risk / high reward QB. He is capable of making great deep throws or burning you on the ground but he also struggles to sustain drives with his inconsistent accuracy in the short and intermediate pass game. Doesn't mean he can't put points on the board but it more times than not comes from a big play.

Not sure what will happen going into next year but if we manage to somehow hang on to Bishop Davenport along with Bonner and Peasley, it could get very interesting in the QB room.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13AggieFBObsessionBLUERUFiO

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 20th, 2021, 3:25 am

I like how the coaches have handled this and agree completely with Aglicious. Peasley will return next year and he'll be the starter and get a chance to show improvement. He'll also be the captain of a better Aggie football team. No need to rush his progression.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 20th, 2021, 7:46 am

hickaggie wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:25 pm
sam tingey wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 9:39 pm
I think Bonner will start on sat
That would be idiocy. We have Thompkins and bonner can't throw deep. Peasley was lights out. Boise's d line will destroy bonner with his limited mobility and limited arm.
I heard one of your ads on the radio driving through Wyoming yesterday bro!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 20th, 2021, 7:48 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:40 pm
Aggiefan2020 wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:35 pm
hickaggie wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:31 pm
Bonner is good but Peasley will be special.
Peasley also has 3 more years of eligibility left.... he's technically a freshmen this year 😳
Why is he listed as a Junior on the website?
Most of the eligibility on our roster is incorrect BUT Peasley qualifies for a medical redshirt year. Maybe two of them.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 20th, 2021, 8:24 am

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
Ahbye wrote:

Yep, and I've seen Peasley do the same thing.

THey are both good qb's and the coach isn't jerking any of them around.

Locked Previous topicNext topic