Air Force Twitter firing shots

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: Air Force Twitter firing shots

Post by USU78 » September 16th, 2021, 10:30 pm

Mock the Zoomies:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 16th, 2021, 11:58 pm

slcagg wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 8:47 pm
Haha well done Air Force. Hope our Twitter person has a great comeback Saturday evening once we beat them.

I have it on good authority that this tweet has been photocopied and posted all over our football facility.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionslcagg

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 17th, 2021, 8:35 am

ESPN game predictor has us winning this game. AFA hasn’t beaten anyone good, Navy is 0-2 and got spanked hard by Marshall the first team they beat was an FCS that is also 0-2 and got beat last week by a school called William and Marry 😂

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 17th, 2021, 9:49 am

ViAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 8:35 am
ESPN game predictor has us winning this game. AFA hasn’t beaten anyone good, Navy is 0-2 and got spanked hard by Marshall the first team they beat was an FCS that is also 0-2 and got beat last week by a school called William and Marry 😂
I keep seeing this stated, and keep thinking "well, we haven't really beaten anyone good". But I decided to actually look it up, at least according to Sagarin:

Sagarin ratings:
75 Washington St (70.42)
121 North Dakota (58.99)
132 Navy (56.86)
230 Lafayette (36.48)

So, I guess it's actually a much more valid point than I was giving it credit for! Not sure how these teams compare using other systems, but I'd imagine that it would still make the same point. Still, I'm not confident until the game is over and we have more points. Just a bit more hopeful, now, I guess.

:thanks:

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » September 17th, 2021, 11:19 am

Are there any watch parties going on in Cache Valley for this game?

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 17th, 2021, 11:19 am

A competitor and their fan base thinks they will win? I have never been so disrespected and I walked in on my wife and my brother in coitus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Hail Aggies!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 17th, 2021, 11:29 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 11:19 am
A competitor and their fan base thinks they will win? I have never been so disrespected and I walked in on my wife and my brother in coitus!

Ha. This is the right attitude. I'm just surprised the AFA official Twitter account got so bold.

It certainly gives the official USU Twitter account a fun canvas to paint with if we were to win... you know, to maybe rub it in a little. :)

You better have some good sick burns photoshopped and ready to tweet mocking AFA, USU Twitter account!

ltcpilot
Has thanked: 0

Post by ltcpilot » September 17th, 2021, 12:54 pm

AF fan here. Here's to a good game with no injuries.

Calhoun did not say that. The team IS NOT looking past USU. Navy lost week one bad but had 337 rushing yards. AF held them at their home to 68 total yards. Nada on the rush after game one and Navy of course is not a passing team.

AF has 5 new starters on OL and that showed in their progression from game 1 to game 2 first half then second. AF has a veteran defense that will be challenged by your balance on offense and your excellent return man.

Not sure how you read those articles and think it says AF will have an easy game. Take off the Homer glasses and buckle up. Will be interesting.

GO FALCONS
These users thanked the author ltcpilot for the post:
Aggie19

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 17th, 2021, 12:58 pm

ltcpilot wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Calhoun did not say that. The team IS NOT looking past USU. Navy lost week one bad but had 337 rushing yards. AF held them at their home to 68 total yards. Nada on the rush after game one and Navy of course is not a passing team.

AF has 5 new starters on OL and that showed in their progression from game 1 to game 2 first half then second. AF has a veteran defense that will be challenged by your balance on offense and your excellent return man.

Not sure how you read those articles and think it says AF will have an easy game. Take off the Homer glasses and buckle up. Will be interesting.

GO FALCONS
It seems like you have a very good defense at least against the run. Going to be a fun game.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » September 17th, 2021, 12:58 pm

You read the competitions fan message board and wonder how we come up with things? It doesn’t take much my friend. Thanks for your service!

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 17th, 2021, 12:59 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 10:51 am
I'm not buying the AF hype. I know you can't use so and so beat so and so by so many points, who beat so and so by so many points as a good predictor of a match-up, but I'm going to do it anyway. Let's take a look at the Zoomies two wins.

In week 1 AF beat Lafayette by 21 points (35-14), who then gets beat by 21 points last week by FCS pier William & Mary (24-3). W&M held Lafayette to 3 points! The supposed vaunted AF D let Lafayette throw for 250 yards and 14 points. AF did hold Lafayette to 43 yards rushing. Impressive right? Well W&M held them to 32 yards rushing! This W&M team must be good then right? Well they actually got thrashed by Virginia 43-0 in week 1. Lafayette is just downright bad.

In week 2 AF beat rival Navy by 20 points (23-3). Nice rivalry win for AF right? Well Navy got beat down 49-7 the previous week by Marshall. That's a 42 point margin of victory. Ok, so Marshall may actually be good. They did beat North Carolina Central State in week 1 by 34 points, though that is a closer score than their Navy game. Navy is just downright bad.

Perhaps the Aggies week 1 and 2 opponents may not be stellar, but they certainly are much much better than AF's two wins. It'll sure be a tough game as it always is at Colorado Springs, but I feel pretty good about our chances to silence the Flyboys.

Nice post IOWA. Yes from hope to expectation, and then some joy. Solid logic with your post. We should know much more on Monday.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » September 17th, 2021, 1:43 pm

ltcpilot wrote:

GO FALCONS
From the Gazette: "The resistance the Falcons face over the next few weeks might not be much more formidable than they've already seen with lopsided wins over Lafayette (an NCAA Football Championship Subdivision member) or struggling Navy."

I don't know how much closer you can get to saying "easy win" without actually saying it.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post (total 3):
USU78BLUERUFiOProvoAggie

Aggies All the Way!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 17th, 2021, 2:09 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 12:59 pm
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 10:51 am
I'm not buying the AF hype. I know you can't use so and so beat so and so by so many points, who beat so and so by so many points as a good predictor of a match-up, but I'm going to do it anyway. Let's take a look at the Zoomies two wins.

In week 1 AF beat Lafayette by 21 points (35-14), who then gets beat by 21 points last week by FCS pier William & Mary (24-3). W&M held Lafayette to 3 points! The supposed vaunted AF D let Lafayette throw for 250 yards and 14 points. AF did hold Lafayette to 43 yards rushing. Impressive right? Well W&M held them to 32 yards rushing! This W&M team must be good then right? Well they actually got thrashed by Virginia 43-0 in week 1. Lafayette is just downright bad.

In week 2 AF beat rival Navy by 20 points (23-3). Nice rivalry win for AF right? Well Navy got beat down 49-7 the previous week by Marshall. That's a 42 point margin of victory. Ok, so Marshall may actually be good. They did beat North Carolina Central State in week 1 by 34 points, though that is a closer score than their Navy game. Navy is just downright bad.

Perhaps the Aggies week 1 and 2 opponents may not be stellar, but they certainly are much much better than AF's two wins. It'll sure be a tough game as it always is at Colorado Springs, but I feel pretty good about our chances to silence the Flyboys.

Nice post IOWA. Yes from hope to expectation, and then some joy. Solid logic with your post. We should know much more on Monday.
Now you guys are getting me excited. I just have bad visions of the AF triple option pounding the Aggies defense. I know this year is different, but AF always scares me. I am excited to see the preparation the team has put in and hopefully it pays off, nothing better than beating Calhoun.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 17th, 2021, 2:53 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Ha. This is the right attitude. I'm just surprised the AFA official Twitter account got so bold.

It certainly gives the official USU Twitter account a fun canvas to paint with if we were to win... you know, to maybe rub it in a little. :)

You better have some good sick burns photoshopped and ready to tweet mocking AFA, USU Twitter account!
Fun banter lights me up, but the whole “oh this is bulletin board material” just annoys me.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
Dwigt

Hail Aggies!

ltcpilot

Post by ltcpilot » September 17th, 2021, 4:40 pm

Same writter Brent from our Gazette. Seem pretty positive for USU to me.

GO FALCONS

https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-op ... ab818.html

( Sent from The Gazette )

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 17th, 2021, 5:39 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:

I was wondering why I always see strange trucks parked at your house when you're not there. It's some sort of constructiony type truck that's always there. I bet the guy who drives that is a dick.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 17th, 2021, 8:04 pm

Ahbye wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

I was wondering why I always see strange trucks parked at your house when you're not there. It's some sort of constructiony type truck that's always there. I bet the guy who drives that is a dick.
Wait, is there really a construction truck parked at my house during the day still?

Hail Aggies!

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » September 18th, 2021, 1:19 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 8:04 pm
Ahbye wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Wait, is there really a construction truck parked at my house during the day still?

It's not a construction truck you idiots! I drive a cable van! 🚚👷😁😁
These users thanked the author aggiesdidwhat for the post:
Ahbye

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 18th, 2021, 12:06 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 8:04 pm
Ahbye wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Haha! You know I only drive by there after work. For all I know, a construction truck is parked outside my house all day too.

Cuckolder's Construction is what it said, now that I think about it. Hhas a nice ring to it. "Remodeling, and new construction; we see to it that even the wife is satisfied. Guaranteed."

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 18th, 2021, 12:20 pm

Anything that gets people fired up no matter how petty is good in my book.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 18th, 2021, 9:28 pm

YES!!!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
USU78sam tingey

newtonianblue

Post by newtonianblue » September 18th, 2021, 9:30 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 9:28 pm

YES!!!
[/quote

Hahahahahahaha yes!
These users thanked the author newtonianblue for the post:
AggieFBObsession

aggiefanatic

Post by aggiefanatic » September 18th, 2021, 9:34 pm

YES!!!
These users thanked the author aggiefanatic for the post (total 3):
AggieFBObsessionUSU78Slim80

TyUSU

Post by TyUSU » September 18th, 2021, 9:36 pm

This is brilliant! Haha

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 18th, 2021, 9:36 pm

Thank you, everyone, for posting the twitter posts!

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » September 18th, 2021, 9:39 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 11:41 am
Why don't we have a large ROTC cadet force show up for this game to cheer the aggies on?
When I was in AFROTC a group of 5 or 6 of us went out for the game in 2013, but we couldn't convince anyone else to go. We had a blast. I think there's just not that many football fans in the ROTC. Of course, I graduated 5 years ago, so I have no idea what the cadets are like now.
These users thanked the author NAggsty Butler for the post:
AggieFBObsession

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

LKGates

Post by LKGates » September 18th, 2021, 9:46 pm

ltcpilot wrote:

GO FALCONS
Thanks for your service, colonel. Your boys played an outstanding game. Best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope you can make it to Logan next year.
Go Falcons, and GO AGGIES!
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 2):
USU78AggieFBObsession

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 18th, 2021, 10:01 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 9:39 pm
CaptainChaos wrote:
Why don't we have a large ROTC cadet force show up for this game to cheer the aggies on?
When I was in AFROTC a group of 5 or 6 of us went out for the game in 2013, but we couldn't convince anyone else to go. We had a blast. I think there's just not that many football fans in the ROTC. Of course, I graduated 5 years ago, so I have no idea what the cadets are like now.
I was at that game, too! One of my first times donning the blue suit.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » September 18th, 2021, 10:02 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:01 pm
NAggsty Butler wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 9:39 pm
CaptainChaos wrote:
I was at that game, too! One of my first times donning the blue suit.
I actually remember running into you and saying hi. I thought you were wearing a blue jumpsuit?

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 18th, 2021, 10:44 pm

These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 6):
ineptimusprimeAggie19sam tingeyUSU78BLUERUFiOAggieFBObsession

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 19th, 2021, 12:09 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:44 pm
That is so sweet. So happy with this team, they are a joy to watch how they come back and never give up. I can't believe I am witnessing this.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » September 19th, 2021, 11:05 am

These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post (total 4):
AggieFBObsessionUSU78sam tingeyAGinNEIowa

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 19th, 2021, 11:06 am

And the moral of the story, kids? Don’t let your mouth write checks your body can’t cash.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 19th, 2021, 11:18 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 12:09 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 10:44 pm
That is so sweet. So happy with this team, they are a joy to watch how they come back and never give up. I can't believe I am witnessing this.
This team is being and has been elevated by a special coaching staff. Yes, a pleasure to watch this gridiron adventure.

Locked Previous topicNext topic